Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,337 members, 7,954,384 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. (17445 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Auwal Saad, A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Members On Tuesday (Pic) / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by ibromanner(m): 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State says the Mokola flyover would be open for use on Tuesday after the formal inauguration of the multi-billion project.

Other projects slated for inauguration on the same day include the ultra-modern motor park at Podo and the new business complex at Scout Camp, Molete, both in Ibadan, the state capital.

The governor, who spoke in Ibadan at the end of the pre-inauguration tour of some projects, also pledged that more developmental projects were underway in the next two years.

http://www.punchng.com/news/mokola-flyover-opens-for-use-on-tuesday/

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by CyberG: 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hmmmn nice one! grin grin SW, moving forward, blazing the pace!! grin grin wink wink
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by kingarizona(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2013
Good for them sha.... **** to comment abi?
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by sayso: 10:03am On Jun 21, 2013
Now this is dividends of Demo.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2013
O boy that flyover looks real poor and when i say poor, i mean 'POOR' compare to Akwa Ibom own

5 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by afoo02(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2013
ibromanner:

http://www.punchng.com/news/mokola-flyover-opens-for-use-on-tuesday/
. Yea, anoda development in ibadan.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2013
I still insist that this flyover was a waste of Ibadans scarely available money..

A one-lane flyover/bridge and road in 2013 is only fit for rural areas not Urban areas and certain rural areas that would soon be swallowed up by urbanization..

Build for the future not for today..

8 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by fitzmayowa: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju: I still insist that this flyover was a waste of Ibadans scarely available money..

A one-lane flyover/bridge and road in 2013 is only fit for rural areas not Urban areas and certain rural areas that would soon be swallowed up by urbanization..

Quit hating and commend something good

10 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by iceberg54: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
RedBenson: O boy that flyover looks real poor and when i say poor, i mean 'POOR' compare to Akwa Ibom own

Mr Akwa Ibom, Check out this view

23 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by earthgreeners(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju: I still insist that this flyover was a waste of Ibadans scarely available money..

u tried to make sense, bt didnt suceed. Bad belle

4 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Capnd143(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
Ok! Am still waiting 4 my eko ille
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by collins125: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
UGH
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by earthgreeners(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
iceberg54:

Mr Akwa Ibom, Check out this view

now d village boy can explain his definition of poor..

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by dridowu: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2013
I miss ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by rodeo0070(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice one... grin
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice one.
Hope to c more from my SW governors.
Gradually the SW is being developed bit by bit.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2013
earthgreeners:
u tried to make sense, bt didnt suceed. Bad belle

I laugh... Tribalism has no play here. This is purely constructive criticism..

This is an example of what progressive states are building;

Go big or go home.. No time for mediocrity..

[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/03/uyo-sweet-2.jpg[/img]

All that needs to happen to Ibadan for that bridge to become a nightmare is for one Governor to bring in policies that boosts the economy of the State and by default infulx of people into the stat and then GBOSAAA!! Traffic nightmare..

This is a new bridge in Akwa Ibom.. Honestly, the state does not need something this big at the moment, but I dont think the Governor expects his state to remain small for too long..

[img]http://www.uncommontransformation.tv/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/articles/flyover_0.jpg[/img]

13 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Pedagogue: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2013
.@ Okija Ojuju aka Mr. Constructive critic, I read your posts and I find your posts very irreconcilable !!!

In 1 bit u said the bridge is a "waste of Ibadan's scarcely available money" and that they should build for the future and not today- AFTER SAYING THAT IBADAN (Oyo State) does not have money, don't you think the bridge is the best the govt can construct with its "scarcely available money " ?

In another bit,u said the state will witness population explosion if a govt with good economic policies come to the fore..and this will render the bridge useless because of traffic nightmare- MY BRODA, HAVE U EVER BEEN TO IBADAN? DO U EVEN KNOW WHY D BRIDGE WAS CONSTRUCTED IN D FIRST PLACE? I think many Niaralanders just post without knowing what they are talking about!!!

@ the pictures of Akwa Ibom, those bridges and roads are superb! In fact, d picture overawes the mokola bridge in question!!! But do u think that's what the state urgently needs! Well, im glad u at least agree that the state does not need "something that BIG at d moment". I stand to be corrected on this- AKWA IBOM IS THE LARGEST EXPORTER OF HOUSEMAIDS AND SECURITY MEN IN NIGERIA! Infact, my maid and security man are from there!!! Are these people in their beautiful 'bridge and flyover constructing city' ? The answer is NO!!! They are all in the small flyover and 'rural like bridges states' like Oyo State - doing Yes Ma and Yes Sir!!!

My point is, u cannot expect Oyo State to give what it does not have!!! D state does not have d big allocation that Akwa Ibom receive...and so cannot give what it cannot afford!!! But if we are to judge Akwa Ibom State (for instance) and the present Oyo state govt based on meeting the yearnings and aspirations of the ppl on the basis of the resources of the states and needs of the people, oyo state govt wud WIN flatly !!!

36 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by RedLight1: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2013
who toook this horrible picture?

the bridge is not as bad as it looks in this picture.

the person that took it ought be circumcised cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Expensive72(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2013
undecided Them build that thing new?
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Jun 21, 2013
Expensive72: undecided Them build that thing new?

No... Na just new paint dem paint am..

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by RedLight1: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2013
okija the bridge looks exatcly like this.

I dont know, may be there are no professional photographers in Ibadan to take nice pictures
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Brimmie(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2013
Expensive72: undecided Them build that thing new?

Nope, dem buy am... Na london use! Ode!

4 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by earthgreeners(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

All that needs to happen to Ibadan for that bridge to become a nightmare is for one Governor to bring in policies that boosts the economy of the State and by default infulx of people into the stat and then GBOSAAA!! Traffic nightmare..

This is a new bridge in Akwa Ibom.. Honestly, the state does not need something this big at the moment, but I dont think the Governor expects his state to remain small for too long..

[img]http://www.uncommontransformation.tv/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/articles/flyover_0.jpg[/img]

I used to think you are intelligent. But now i knw ur IQ need to be improved.

Do you mean an overhead bridge in mushin wld look d same as one in ikoyi.. Considering d difference in plan and landscape..

And in the case oyo and akwa ibom. Allocation and debt

6 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Expensive72(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2013
Brimmie:

Nope, dem buy am... Na london use! Ode!
grin[quote author=Brimm
Abeg no ves na question I ask...

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Edenitis(m): 10:47am On Jun 21, 2013
This brilliant road work in Akwa Ibom is what the Lekki Expressway and the Badagry Expressway need.

All those roundabouts are death traps and the pose gridlock problems when traffic is heavy.

Great Governor Fashola please note and consider.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

When people like you talk, I feel so ashamed at how low a person's intellect could be. Akwa Ibom is probably receiving the annual federal allocation of Oyo state in a month and you are comparing both states. Why not compare Delta state with Oyo. This madness has got to stop!

4 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by TonySpike: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2013
This Mokola bridge was constructed around well-built urban areas, with houses densely arranged. This is the layout of ancient Ibadan and any attempt to force it to look like Uyo et al. will only lead to massive demolitions of structures. Government compensation for private and public structures might even exceed the actual cost of the bridge to be built. So, the cost-benefit is a very important factor. Anyone comparing those bridges in Ibadan and Uyo is basically not being realistic and strategic...

But where are the trees in Ibadan?

11 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by MostIncredibleDFirst: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2013
THIS IS RIDICULOUS! D fly-over is of very poor quality n sub-standard. Itz a political-flyover. D Governor is playing politics wit people like ekoile in d name of buildin infrastructure!
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2013
Very poor thing !

Anything worth doing should be worth doing well!
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by RedLight1: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2013
Tony Spike: This Mokola bridge was constructed around well-built urban areas, with houses densely arranged. This is the layout of ancient Ibadan and any attempt to force it to look like Uyo et al. will only lead to massive demolitions of structures. Government compensation for private and public structures might even exceed the actual cost of the bridge to be built. So, the cost-benefit is a very important factor. Anyone comparing those bridges in Ibadan and Uyo is basically not being realistic and strategic...

But where are the trees in Ibadan?
besides, the bridge is not as bad as it looks in that goddamn picture.
Re: Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2013
The picture taken was very poor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily / Osinbajo And Dangote At Presidential Dialogue Session In Lagos / Saraki In Ebonyi, Meets PDP Delegates And State Executives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.