Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. (2614 Views)

Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. / Is There No Legal Way Of Child Adoption In Nigeria?? / Child Adoption - The Nigerian Factor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by AllRoundGist: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2013
BattaBox is back again with an interesting topic that brought out some alarming answers and findings. "Can Nigerians Adopt A Child?"
Some random Lagosians were asked this question and majority of them gave some alarming and disappointing answers that will make anyone think Nigerians are wicked people.

One woman said, "It's not ideal, why would you adopt a child? You don't know that blood that gave birth to the child..when the child grows up, something may happen."

"I would not want to adopt a child because you may not know the gene of that child" Says one man.

Another woman said, "Of course i can adopt a child and raise them, you have to take care of the baby like your own. It's a very good idea, you adopt the child and bring the child up to your own tastes, sponsor their school, there is nothing bad about it."

"You need love to train a child and i don't think if you adopt a child, you will be able to pass on the love..." Says one woman.

Na wa oh! Nigerians with their low and retarded mentality. How can one say adoption is not acceptable? With more than 150 million population, we still have the mindset of producing more and over-populating the earth because of some tabooish mentality of ours.

There are so many women who cannot have their own kids but keep waiting on God for some miracles whereas they cannot raise some orphans because they are not of same blood; forgetting that God did not call us to love, raise and look after only own blood but anyone who is in need.

Ignorance is really a big disease and Nigerians should work on curing that disease. Most Nigerians are infected with this disease and having a university degree doesn't make you free from it.

Nigerians are wicked by nature. You go to church and pray to God, yet you lack empathy for others, you can't give home to the homeless because they are not your blood.
Will Nigeria ever grow? God bless those who adopting and supporting the orphans.

http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/06/shocking-response-to-child-adoption-in.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyD-KekO3YA
Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by slimyem: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2013
I can't watch this video because this my phone/network keeps buffering till forever..
tongue
Maybe you went to the market to conduct your research or this research is 10 years old.undecided
Research amongst educated,enlightened and sensible people and you'll get positive responses.

This is 2013.Adoption is being embraced unlike before. All those sentimental nonsense about blood that gave birth to a child and blah is not so common anymore.
If you are wicked,just say so. Don't generalise on Nigerians. I am a Nigerian and I am not a wicked person. I have adopted sisters
and also have plans to adopt and train one or two children sometime later in life.cool
Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
yet most of the ignorant people in this video would call themselves "God fearing".

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by biolabee(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
Leave Nigerians alone with their low and re.tarded mentality

Muppet

Go and preach your gospel elsewhere

We will grow... ewu!!..

All Round Gist:

Na wa oh! Nigerians with their low and re.tarded mentality.How can one say adoption is not acceptable? With more than 150 million population, we still have the mindset of producing more and over-populating the earth because of some tabooish mentality of ours.

There are so many women who cannot have their own kids but keep waiting on God for some miracles whereas they cannot raise some orphans because they are not of same blood; forgetting that God did not call us to love, raise and look after only own blood but anyone who is in need.

Ignorance is really a big disease and Nigerians should work on curing that disease. Most Nigerians are infected with this disease and having a university degree doesn't make you free from it.

Nigerians are wicked by nature. You go to church and pray to God, yet you lack empathy for others, you can't give home to the homeless because they are not your blood.
Will Nigeria ever grow? God bless those who adopting and supporting the orphans.

Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 27, 2013
-
Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 27, 2013
B4 we tied d knot,I onced told hubby I would lv us to adopt after givin birth.he agreed.now we hv kids and I reminded him abt what we agreed on.he just told me that we can never lv such as our own and there will b discrimination.
I just closed my mouth.men with their imposing order.and I wanted to adopt.I bn sulking since
Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw: B4 we tied d knot,I onced told hubby I would lv us to adopt after givin birth.he agreed.now we hv kids and I reminded him abt what we agreed on.he just told me that we can never lv such as our own and there will b discrimination.
I just closed my mouth.men with their imposing order.and I wanted to adopt.I bn sulking since
I will pray ur hubby has a change of heart. I kno the feeling of love you're feeling and want to share. Don't give up and try not to sulk, you never kno ur next blessing of a child could be on their way but if u never get a chance to adopt I hope you are blessed for just having the openness of heart to want to adopt.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by Linoversace: 7:32am On Jun 27, 2013
Interesting responses i tell ya
1)Because of blood,bad gene shocked
2) You won't love the child cuz you didn't birth to the child! Love comes naturally shocked
3)Adoption is only meant for those without children! shocked
4) It's not ideal,how can somebody adopt a child! shocked shocked shocked

God bless that woman who'll still adopt even though she has two adopted children.
Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 27, 2013
The fact that someone won't like to adopt doesn't necessarily make the person a retard or uncivilized.I use to think that adoption is so cool,until I started having my own kids.I know the painstaking effort it takes to put kids on the right track, i will rather contribute anything I can financially to save the world but I won't like to adopt.Adoption is better when you can never have kids of your own,that way,the kid is guaranteed absolute love.If raising ones kid is this hard,i wonder how easy it ll be raising another's kid along with yours.
Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by dominique(f): 9:03am On Jun 27, 2013
some dolt carries a 'research' on a handful of people and got mixed opinions, then he went ahead to call 160 million people slow and reetarded and wicked. Am I the only one that thinks thread was opened solely to throw jabs at Nigerians. @all round gist, To hell with you and your silly reseach. My opinions on adoption will be aired on a saner, logical topic. Oniranu jatitati

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by vingi(f): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2013
I hav always told God dat I wanted 3children n hav always said I wish for 2boys n a girl n d girl shuld com last. Fast forward to 3yrs bac wen I got married n now hav 2boys within 3yrs of my marriage to the glory of God. Am nt sayin God wil nt giv me d last child(a girl)as I ask of him,bt I felt why can't I adopt a girl instead n hav d privilege of giving dat child a home n love? Dat will also save me d challenges pregnancy,labour n delivery comes wit. d sleepless nights of vigil n so on.well I brot d issuie up wit my hubby n he went like "what! Will u knw d kind of family dat birth d child? I trust God to giv me my own female child" dat really broke my heart. @OP som pple hav open mind towards adoption,u r wrong to generalize and even tagg Nigerians as wicked in nature.on d other hand, wen u get to hear some strange stories u wunt blame d pple dat don't see adoption as an option.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING Response To Child Adoption In Nigeria. by eyinjuege: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
Everyone with their beliefs.

Some people cannot adopt, it is what it is.

Not necessarily because they're wicked but they just can't love and giveattention to another person's child as their own.

It's better such people don't adopt otherwise they raise children with low self esteem and a lot of emotional baggage.

(1) (Reply)

Food Waste. Does This Happen In Every Home? Please How Did You Sort It Out. / Is It Okay For Parents And Kids Or Siblings Be Naked In Front Of Each Other? / Husband Catches Wife In A Night Club, Beats Her To Pulp In Edo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.