Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? (9508 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by sheniqua: 9:59pm On May 11, 2008
I was just wondering who has the best story about how Nairaland has changed his/her life. 

Have you gotten a job through Nairaland?  A husband?  House?  Salvation? Deliverance?  Bliss?

It's been a good experience here generally speaking.
many intelligent people here.

like davidylan
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Cadet(f): 10:01pm On May 11, 2008
Yes!!!

I was this nice, sweet, angel

Until I got bashed on NL

Now, I'm this sweeter, nicer more angelic angel
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by debosky(m): 10:05pm On May 11, 2008
Cadet:

Yes!!!

I was this nice, sweet, angel

Until I got bashed on Nairaland

Now, I'm this sweeter, nicer more angelic angel

That better be an ironic statement grin grin

Nairaland has changed my life - I've become more flirty embarassed too many beaurriful women in the same place (many wowo ones too sha like Cadet) grin

But seriously, I've made excellent friends who are as good friends as ones I met in 'real life', the possibilities of human connections are endless.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Shaunscot(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2008
buzugee:

well i am a naijaryder transplant. i hope to have fun here. have registered for a while but did not come on regularly because i was enjoying naijaryders. but the place is starting to suck. like people form cliques and only respond to posts or threads of people they know or jock. ughhhh. anyway hope to have fun here sha.
Same thing happens here mate.
Go to the joke section and drop one.
If you aint with 'the clique',the Migines,Ituen and co of this forum will pounce on you.
In their books,its okay for them to quote old jokes but an offense for someone else to do that.

Back to the topic, Nairaland hasnt affected my life.
I just drop by occasionally - Read more,write less.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Cadet(f): 10:32pm On May 11, 2008
debosky:

That better be an ironic statement grin grin

Nairaland has changed my life - I've become more flirty embarassed too many beaurriful women in the same place (many wowo ones too sha like Cadet) grin

But seriously, I've made excellent friends who are as good friends as ones I met in 'real life', the possibilities of human connections are endless.

And it's not ironic!

Debo, Nairaland couldn't have possibly make you flirty if you weren't one before. It just didnt work in real life eh?

she na me be wowo. . .ok! No be your fault!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by mimiko(f): 10:38pm On May 11, 2008
not in any certain way but mos def i ve had good laughs here though but when i come online and i see at the top left of the screen how many days i have spent on NL just reading or posting meeeeeeeeeeen just thought about it i could do better trust me i am,
its just that at one point in our lives some things seems really important and usefull and then later u will pass it cos its just a phase!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by legba1(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2008
to be sincere,nairaland has in no small way help me draw a conclusion on where we are as a nation and where we are heading to.i've read crazy posts and seen weird responces.many nairalanders have proven to be "weirdos" enough to merit a bed space along yaba left.atleast,am no more a loner.now have reasons to laugh ma head off in the comfort of ma room without the likes of "i-go-die" or "basket-mouth". grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by ztyle(m): 2:07am On May 12, 2008
How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life?
. . . .On pending.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Obirin0521: 2:35am On May 12, 2008
For a while I was disassociated from the Naija culture et al.  Nairaland has helped me reconnect.  I feel I am no longer as 'clueless' about colloquiasms and socio-politico happenings. 

Nairaland has its inept whippersnappers but also socially responsible savants erudites such as KathyEkiti, Naijaking & Balogun doing good things with their free Medical advice threads.

Nairaland: A true world mix that brings us back to the cistern of cultural relevance and 'irritainment'.

Thank you for a lovely relevant site.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by sheniqua: 2:49am On May 12, 2008
but seriously I love nairaland I've met some real cool people here.
like that crazy almondjoy. grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Cadet(f): 3:14am On May 12, 2008
I met some pretty good peeps here too
like Morenike09, Toyinrayo, Tempestuous, and the rest of them. Love you guys to the fullest! Hope we get to meet out of NL kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by TheSly: 3:21am On May 12, 2008
Shaaaraap Gimme a break cadet! cool

Nairaland is sweet. . . .never a dull moment. . . cool peepz et all cool
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Ekwere(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2008
It is through nairaland that I got this work I am doing now,I want to use this opportunity to encourage my brothers and sisters seeking jobs that,continue searching,praying and my God will surprise you Amen.
Thumb up to Oluwaseun for this great vision,keep it up and God will bless you real good.Amen
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by amaikama(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2008
OMO IBO

"nairaland? change my life? r u having a laugh?"

I second that grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by adekennis(m): 7:51am On May 12, 2008
yeah Nairaland is cool kiss kiss
i bought my laptop through this site
Kudos to Seun cool
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by victor4u(m): 8:26am On May 12, 2008
Had a lot of dates in here, both wowo n pretty chicks; my present gal is a nairalander grin
got a lot of stock advice to boost ma portfolio wink
Got a lot of job info for my colleagues
Finally a place to come bck to wen am bored

Thumbs up to seun wink
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by rancetech(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2008
I'm new, seen lot of things. Nairaland has gotten me started. Check me out on my blog www.evernigerian..com
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by royalicon(m): 9:29am On May 12, 2008
Information is Power, I have been getting some prety information on this forum, so i'll say it has contributed positely to some degree in my life and business as well.

BUT MY TOPICS HAS NOT BEEN FLAGED IN THE THREADING. Am I not old enough in the forum?

Nairalanders, keep posting, let share ideas together.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by rancetech(m): 9:46am On May 12, 2008
What's your topic bro?
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by MyPeace(f): 10:01am On May 12, 2008
Nairaland has done me well financially, l learnt about stock market here and l started investing in late 2007, my portfolio worth is givining me joy whenever l look at it, l have also made professional friends. Long live Nairaland!!!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by clemcykul(f): 10:07am On May 12, 2008
nairaland!

bauhahahhahahahhahh *shakes head* grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol i just like it here cool
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by styrax(m): 10:16am On May 12, 2008
Its been great here on nairaland.

You get the mix of all at the same time popping urs eyes wide to the reality of diversity of us humans.

Trailer loads of fun, gist, information and sometimes outright rubbish.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by styrax(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2008
I hope employers dont get to know how much of their "time" is being shipped away on nairaland; lest they get to firewall the IP.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by WhiteHalo(m): 10:27am On May 12, 2008
Well, it improved my impression of Nigerians: there are so many guys so willing to help their fellow Nigerians.

And they do it in our language, not those other stupid places where oyibo would ask you 'asl' (meaning age, sex and location)

and once they find you are black, or not a girl they'd like to toast, they kick you to the curb.

Of course, there are guys here hustling as well, but not really as if they want to 419 you

But SHINE YA EYE O!!! Nor bi everybody fit bleat like sheep, some dey growl like wolf
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by SENATORJD(m): 10:28am On May 12, 2008
nairaland?i've met the good, the bad and the damn ugly.
most of all i've gained information, xtra knowledge from various "reasonable" contributions.
and to add, have also bin insulted by peeps who on a normal day if i knew them i would have ran over them with a tractor long ago
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by bigben3: 10:33am On May 12, 2008
it's been fun grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Raimond(m): 11:00am On May 12, 2008
It`s ok,just like a family. smiley

If it will be possible, we could create a section for insults and abuse.More like a wrestling ring where you can go and take on your enemies grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by tonib(f): 11:41am On May 12, 2008
well i have gotten loads and loads of information on nairaland that were useful to me though have not made any friends but nairaland has always been there when am bored grin i always have a great time.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by santavista: 11:46am On May 12, 2008
Nairaland o gist land o fuckland o yabland o bangland o madland o ,

Wetin i go tlk nw?
                            Well made me more corrupt and increased ma libido to bang more and more. tongue

makes me laugh once in a while. Rily got some mad ass niggis on this forum cool

Quite educative reading  people's opinion on some national issues       Highly informative forum.  smiley

Plenty traders full for buy and sell grin

All in all I believe every member has deposited a
                            bit of the crumbs, dirts, good, evil, nice hate, dullness, intelligence, stupidity,
                            madness, love etc to revamp nairaland and thereafter each of us reimpacted too. grin

Takes too much of my time, i don't like that. angry

Seun you are a monster correct guy cheesy grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by muyiwabank(m): 12:33pm On May 12, 2008
Many thanks to Seun and all the people that are sharing there experiences here.

Personally, i have gained a lot from nairaland.
I got 2 different Jobs through nairaland, even though i did not do them
and my present location was due to the information i got on nairaland.

In summary, i think its a good place to seek information
it now depends on individual how they use those information.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by panteleonk: 12:57pm On May 12, 2008
yes, it helped me get a good job like others through one lady called stellose. where is stellose seun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Have You Survived This Year? / Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes / Why Lagos Area-Boys Drink Ogogoro? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.