Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. (4569 Views)

Many Christians Converted To Islam After Ex- Christian Lecture / The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) / Ex-christian Wants To Know The Differences Between Agnosticism And Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by ooman(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
hisblud: so if a scientist just remains at his level of knowledge, would all the man made breakthrough be achieved for the benefit of man, if man refuse to go deeper? So also sons of God need the Holy Spirit for the deeper things of God which in the long run benefits the individual and end result, glorifies God which is by the Holy Spirit. So if you dont have the Spirit you cant experience Him better.

just like a coke user should go deeper and try some hemp with it....
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
plaetton:
I just can't believe that these Christians are telling you , with bold face, that if you abandoned christianity for any reason, it simply meant that you were not sufficiently brainwashed or programmed. This is what they refer to as holy ghost baptism. More like holy poo to me. Lol.
that is why i see atheist as pseudo-scientist, who love to stand on the edge and refuse to delve deep. The deeper the better. We aint brainwashed that a blessed wit the Spirit, we are thinking not out of the box but beyond the box.

To them, I ask, what about pagans who abandoned paganism for Christianity, can you say that, perhaps they too were not true pagans, otherwise they would not have jumped ship?
the bible answers you why they have to leave paganism.

Acts 17:29-31
29 If this is true, we shouldn't think of God as an idol made by men from gold or silver or chipped from stone. 30 God tolerated man's past ignorance about these things, but now he commands everyone to put away idols and worship only him. 31 For he has set a day for justly judging the world by the Man he has appointed, and has pointed him out by bringing him back to life again."
TLB
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
peterphd:

I can only seem anti-Christian because I'm from a Christian background.I can't go about bashing Islam when I don't know how to read the Koran.if you say my reasons aren't good enough, tell me :
1.what makes Nigerians to pray against "blood-sucking demons" that cause accidents instead of we heaping pressure on government to help of get better roads?
you think all that glitters must be gold, in other words, all that you see must be humanly solved eh? sorry my friend! If govt are the solution, why have mentally challenged patients not effectively been treated like "good roads"? Rather with the funding and research into this aspect patients are worse of even to commit suicide why? [/quote]

2.what makes people go about preaching that our "destinies" are tied to some Israeli myth?
am in Him, thus my destiny is tied to Him. And by that, do you mean am lazy by that no, am working but with the consciousness of Him.

3.What makes people to say "God's time is the best" instead of bettering themselves?
P.S: all religions are true...to their believers.kapiche?
sorry again, what do you understand by this
"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;" (1 Thessalonians 4:11).
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
ooman:

just like a coke user should go deeper and try some hemp with it....
like a sane scientist that refuse to depend on hearsay but choose to delve more into the unknown unlike the so called armchair scientist who only wait for others to do their work for them.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by ooman(m): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
hisblud: like a sane scientist that refuse to depend on hearsay but choose to delve more into the unknown unlike the so called armchair scientist who only wait for others to do their work for them.

more like a depressed person who thinks alcohol can give happiness, so is a man who thinks there is joy in serving a god.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
ooman:

more like a depressed person who thinks alcohol can give happiness, so is a man who thinks there is joy in serving a god.

Hehehe, ok oh your call.... grin grin grin but you know what... the "fictitious" Jesus Christ aint gonna be wiped out... so deal with it.... after oonan... He continues grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by ooman(m): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
hisblud:

Hehehe, ok oh your call.... grin grin grin but you know what... the "fictitious" Jesus Christ aint gonna be wiped out... so deal with it.... after oonan... He continues grin grin grin grin grin

dont be so certain about that, evolution is still less than 200 years old. Give us 2000 years and if people still think god worship is sane, u may talk then.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
ooman:

dont be so certain about that, [size=18pt]evolution is still less than 200 years old.[/size]

Is logicboy right afterall that ooman is a pseudoscience propagator? evolution 200years not like billions of years Hmm oman! ooman! do you think before posting

Give us 2000 years and if people still think god worship is sane, u may talk then.
Please kindly bring it lower to say 50 years from now.... grin grin grin .... why 2000years when you would have vanished and no trace of you will remain?
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
hisblud:

Is logicboy right afterall that ooman is a pseudoscience propagator? evolution 200years not like billions of years Hmm oman! ooman! do you think before posting

Please kindly bring it lower to say 50 years from now.... grin grin grin .... why 2000years when you would have vanished and no trace of you will remain?

Uppercut to Ooman! grin grin
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
To Ooman's defence, he was probably talking abut when Darwin found out the theory of evolution.......

Ooman, come and land your roundhouse kick on Hisblud!
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
OlaAjia:

It is observable and measurable.

Observable!
God also is observable.

Seeing is an important part of observation, but it is not the only way to observe things,

Thanks for this beautiful answer and God bless you more.
How beautiful it will look like if other atheist can reason this way about God.

and it would be very unfortunate and disappointing if you actually think seeing should be THE basis for defining an observable.

It would also unfortunate and disappointing to believe that untill you see God before you'll know He exist. I so much love this your explanation welah!
Keep it rolling Bro...

Optical illusions prove that seeing isn't entirely reliable.

No wonder you leave road enter bush!
Yes ohhh even if you see God you will still think is an illusion.

For the purpose of this discussion, you can replace process with effect, concept or whatever other suitable word is out there.

Alrightiiiii bro Ola

I can also explain to you how a car gets its energy during ignition, but then again, so too can Google, so why bother?

You put gasoline that has already store energy don't forget.

Energy is just the word we use to describe this phenomenon.

You don't spoil my mood nah I'm already enjoying the flow. You come again and said energy is just a 'NAME' which is abstract. Anyway let's keep rolling.

Energies operating outside of this range will typically not be sensed by the eyes,

The God that also operates outside of this range would be difficult to be sense by ordinary human's eyes.

but they can still be measured by means of other devices (eg electron microscopes).

And God can still be seen by operating in your spirit with HIs own spirit.

Brother Ola, you've succeded in make more meaning to how God operate. Thanks alot!

Shalom!
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
Logicboy03: To Ooman's defence, he was probably talking about when Darwin found out the theory of evolution.......

Ooman, come and land your roundhouse kick on Hisblud!

Theory of evolution...that doesn't know how first cell formed, where first cell started, and when first cell begun...see blind faith in motion
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by wiegraf: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
OlaAjia:

You've either utterly misunderstood me, or you have maliciously given my words drastic new twists. The crux of my claim is actually the exact opposite of what you attributed to me. Energy is not an abstract concept (read my post again). It is observable and measurable. It essentially defines the state of every matter. Seeing is an important part of observation, but it is not the only way to observe things, and it would be very unfortunate and disappointing if you actually think seeing should be THE basis for defining an observable. Optical illusions prove that seeing isn't entirely reliable.

Of course you can apply processes to things. In the most axiomatic form of the word, things that undergo any sort of process are usually said to have been processed. For something to have been processed, a process must have, by self evident definition, been applied to it. But then, this is mere semantics which does not take away from the facts I presented above. For the purpose of this discussion, you can replace process with effect, concept or whatever other suitable word is out there.

As regards the source of force for my car, I never actually defined the character of my car. For all you know, it could be a human propelled car not necessarily run by a mechanical engine. It could also be a toy car or a car that is perpetually in ignition. I don't think this information is relevant to my argument, but if you consider it important enough, then let your imagination define its character. I can also explain to you how a car gets its energy during ignition, but then again, so too can Google, so why bother?

APPENDIX:
Energy, in its most fundamental form, is a wave/particle duality. Everything can be collapsed into a superposition of many simple travelling or standing waves. Like every matter, even you sir, are a manifestation of energy (or superposition of waves). Energy is just the word we use to describe this phenomenon.
The eyes sense electromagnetic waves of certain wavelength range, roughly 350nm to 700nm. This range is what we refer to as visible light. Energies operating outside of this range will typically not be sensed by the eyes, but they can still be measured by means of other devices (eg electron microscopes).

I like you. It's not everyday I come across someone even less practical than I am. With posts this technical, you'd garner more success teaching mammy water to juggle while riding a unicycle than getting through to 99.9% of your intended audience.

With definitions that have energy as fields and particles being the smallest possible ripples in said fields, is it correct to describe particles as the absence of that particular form of energy in a field?
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by ooman(m): 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
hisblud:

what a d!c'k...darwin published his book in 1859, how many billions of years is that to you?

dumb xtians.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by ooman(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
Emusan:

Theory of evolution...that doesn't know how first cell formed, where first cell started, and when first cell begun...see blind faith in motion

ur ignorance is alarming.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by peterphd(m): 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
hisblud: like which one? ask a judge that sends a culprit to prison becos he breaks the law of the land. If you hear and not believe, you reject His off. Those that have not heard about De death and burial and resurrection of Christ, He will judge them by their works since they know His laws in thier hearts
can you compare light and darkness? Make an independent analysis of the two persons [Jesus and Mohammed] that claim to be speaking about God and judge -character, deity, words etc
thats what criminals say when they are in jail, blaming others, not seeing that they were wrong in the first place. Natural disasters, do you believe in adam? Ask adam why?
if you knew that angels are wondering what great love God has for mankind thru the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. His service is for me is to be a king and priest unto God and to reign in THIS life.
a lot of people like you dont see themselves in Christ as kings and priest who serve the King of Kings but a "slave" to a hash task "master".

1.claims like " no one comes to the father except through me".What happens to the others that can die for their faith? I'm sure you can't die for any Jesus.
2.A judge doesn't sentence people based on their beliefs but their actions.A judge cannot sentence me to jail for believing that I have a right to beat my wife (traditionally) lol..he can only dissolve my marriage(sentence) if I beat her.get my drift?
3.haha...so Jesus was perfect eh? After flogging old men and "setting father against son"? You've been educated to believe Jesus so I understand your bias.was Jesus a better person than Buddha ?
4.oh, Adam knows why volcanoes erupt and wipe out entire villages,why children die of hunger in Sudan, why malaria continues to ravage the African continent and why floods continue to wash lives away?you need science.
5.since the people already know the law in their hearts why did Jesus send his missionaries to come and enslave Africans?pls...no Jew died for anybody.Take responsibility for your actions and in-actions.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 17, 2013
peterphd:

1.claims like " no one comes to the father except through me".What happens to the others that can die for their faith? I'm sure you can't die for any Jesus.
that sets Him apart from the rest. He wasnt one of the way, He is THE ONLY WAY! No other way!
2.A judge doesn't sentence people based on their beliefs but their actions.A judge cannot sentence me to jail for believing that I have a right to beat my wife (traditionally) lol..he can only dissolve my marriage(sentence) if I beat her.get my drift?
The issue here is WHICH law? God has set His universal law to judge man and is as simple as believe on His Son to be delivered from wrath. The human judge judges by human law which is based on action of the person.
3.haha...so Jesus was perfect eh? After flogging old men and "setting father against son"? You've been educated to believe Jesus so I understand your bias.

was Jesus a better person than Buddha ?
reason above
4.oh, Adam knows why volcanoes erupt and wipe out entire villages,why children die of hunger in Sudan, why malaria continues to ravage the African continent and why floods continue to wash lives away?you need science.
for the years of "advanced science" why have man not being able to tame volcanoes, flooding? What i meant by adam's choice [a god-like image] has caused the result of what we see, which is by His disobedience, sin, death and everything between them. Thus the establishment of a new way to become kings and priest to REIGN in this life which is by His blood. Beleive in Jesus Christ now for your salvation from the wrath to come.
5.since the people already know the law in their hearts why did Jesus send his missionaries to come and enslave Africans?pls...no Jew died for anybody.Take responsibility for your actions and in-actions.
slave trade mentality. Am not a slave man, am a king by His blood becos He loves me and that is what am taking responsibility for.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by OlaAjia(m): 6:36am On Jul 17, 2013
Emusan:
God also is observable.

I cannot dispute God's observability. However, we must first establish the definition of God. Different conceptualisations of God assert his observability or lack thereof. For example, many Physicists have a pantheist concept of God which asserts God is the universe and the universe is God. In this regard, they assign no personal character or intent whatsoever to god, nor do they suggest that god demands worship or inspires self consciousness. Of course, their definition is essentially observable but I imagine it is quite a huge leap from yours. So what's your definition of god?

Olaajia:
Seeing is an important part of observation, but it is not the only way to observe things

I am glad and relieved we agree on this point.

Emusan:
It would also unfortunate and disappointing to believe that untill you see God before you'll know He exist. I so much love this your explanation welah!
Keep it rolling Bro...

I don't believe seeing god is the only way the establish god's existence. If anybody claiming to be a scientist suggests otherwise, that person is more likely a charlatan than a scientist, as this claim contradicts scientific procedures. But thanks, I appreciate your admiration.

Emusan:
No wonder you leave road enter bush!
Yes ohhh even if you see God you will still think is an illusion.

This is the wrong attitude. Why judge me before presenting your case?

Emusan:
You don't spoil my mood nah I'm already enjoying the flow. You come again and said energy is just a 'NAME' which is abstract. Anyway let's keep rolling.

Every word that is self-evident, known as an axiom, even both our names, is in and of itself, gibberish. In that sense, yes, they are abstract. However, words are placeholders for concepts, and this is what extracts them from abstraction. The fact that we attribute meanings to a combination of signs and characters is what separates those words from gibberish. The difference between Emusan and Ajagabatilo is the fact that there is ample and observable evidence that I am interacting with a conciousness with an identity that corresponds with the former. Hence, Emusan stops being abstract. So, again, energy as a stand alone word might be abstract, but the concept which it describes is far from; and as I have proven earlier, it is in fact, observable and measurable.

Emusan:
The God that also operates outside of this range would be difficult to be sense by ordinary human's eyes.

Do you claim that God is representable in form of wavelength(s) then? If this is the case, then I will have to agree with you that god is definitely observable. You must, of course, define the importance of this kind of god, who is like every other thing, a product of nature.

Emusan:
And God can still be seen by operating in your spirit with HIs own spirit.

Define spirit?

Emusan:
Brother Ola, you've succeded in make more meaning to how God operate. Thanks alot!

Shalom!

I am glad my argument helped you make more meaning of how God operates. I hope you will be kind enough to help an unintelligent and slow person such as myself elucidate this new found understanding.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by OlaAjia(m): 6:53am On Jul 17, 2013
wiegraf:

I like you. It's not everyday I come across someone even less practical than I am. With posts this technical, you'd garner more success teaching mammy water to juggle while riding a unicycle than getting through to 99.9% of your intended audience.

With definitions that have energy as fields and particles being the smallest possible ripples in said fields, is it correct to describe particles as the absence of that particular form of energy in a field?

Thanks wiegraf for pointing out my folly. In retrospect, I think I can see what you mean. I will try to be progressively less technical with subsequent posts. It's a catch-22, I do not want to be seen to be patronising my audience either.

I am not sure I understood your question above. Maybe I would with more clarification. If you are referring to the wave/particle duality, then, no, the presence of one does not imply the absence of the other. It is just the perspective of observation that changes. For example, the more accurate I am in calculating the position of a moving car (a point) the less accurate my calculation of its momentum (a wave) will be and vice versa. It's called Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Note however, that determining the car's position (point) at any point in time does not imply that it does not have momentum. It only means that by selecting a fixed point in time, I have made its momentum zero. Alternatively, I could calculate its momentum, but then, its position will make no sense in the momentum space, since it is perpetually in motion.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 7:41am On Jul 17, 2013
OlaAjia:
I cannot dispute God's observability.

Then why did you believe that there's no living God?

However, we must first establish the definition of God. Different conceptualisations of God assert his observability or lack there of.
Not really get you here!

For example, many Physicists have a pantheist concept of God which asserts God is the universe and the universe is God.

Does the Universe has a spirit?
Imagine 'pantheist concept' not that they have prove other way to find God.
God can speak and you will hear Him.

In this regards, they assign no personal character or intent whatsoever to god, nor do they suggest that god demands worship or inspires self consciousness.

They will! because they only believe in idol of universe that can't speak.

God has been speaking to His people who has followed the ways He assigned to find Him.

Of course, their definition is essentially observable but I assume it is quite a huge leap from yours.

God's definitions is more observable millions time than any human definition.

So what's your definition of god?

Almighty God the creator of the universe itself.

I am glad and relieved we agree on this point.

why that?

I don't believe seeing god is the only way the establish god's existence.
Please in what way we can prove otherwise kindly tell me?

as this claim contradicts scientific procedures.

The way atheist are looking for God contracdict God's procedure.

But thanks, I appreciate your admiration.
You're welcome!

This is the wrong attitude. Why judge me before presenting your case?

I didn't but just the truth.

is the fact that there is ample and observable evidence that I am interacting with a conciousness with an identity that corresponds with the former.

The phycists who have pantheist concepts of universe as a God, they have consciousness while universe doesn't. Is there any interaction between them and the universe?

Hence, Emusan stops being abstract. So, again, energy as a stand alone word might be abstract, but the concept which it describes is far from; and as I have proven earlier, it is in fact, observable and measurable.

So do God Almighty! QED

Do you claim that God is representable in form of wavelength(s) then?

Not even in wavelength also in other forms, cosmic ray, magnetic field, huge force e.t.c if you're ever be baptized by the Holyspirit for the first time you can't withstand His own force His force will surely pull you down, Moses saw just the back side of God nobody could be able to behold his face-like that cosmic SUN.

If this is the case, then I will have to agree with you that god is definitely observable.

Decide....!

You must, of course, define the importance of this kind of god, who is like every other thing, a product of nature.

Not in anyway God will be part of the product of nature because far far beyond it; He can speak.

Define spirit?

Spirit is an invisible entity (to any ordinary human's eyes) who has mind and soul, and conscious of itself.

I am glad my argument helped you make more meaning of how God operates. I hope you will be kind enough to help an unintelligent and slow person such as myself elucidate this new found understanding.

I'm glad too!
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 8:26am On Jul 17, 2013
ooman:

ur ignorance is alarming.

Waooo, thank God is even alarming and you can hear it unlike your own blind faith that has no effect.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by MrTroll(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2013
Emusan no offence but your posts are gibberish. You contradict yourself every time you post something new. I'm outta here. This thread is dumbing me more and more...
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2013
Mr Troll: Emusan no offence but your posts are gibberish. You contradict yourself every time you post something new. I'm outta here. This thread is dumbing me more and more...

If my points are contracdicted, why can't you quote me and show me 'see where you contracdict yourself'.

Run as usual! Hunnnn
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by OlaAjia(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Emusan:

Then why did you believe that there's no living God?

Quote where I made such a claim.

Emusan:
Not really get you here!

Your definition of god will determine whether god is observable or not.

Emusan:
Does the Universe has a spirit?
Imagine 'pantheist concept' not that they have prove other way to find God.
God can speak and you will hear Him.

I still don't know what a spirit is. I look forward to the day god speaks to me. When next you communicate with god, be sure to mention me, maybe, just maybe (s)he might consider speaking with me.

Emusan:
Almighty God the creator of the universe itself.

That's not a definition, it is a claim. How do I measure or observe god?

Emusan:
why that?

The alternative would have been contrary to scientific method.

Emusan:

Please in what way we can prove otherwise kindly tell me?

I can't answer this any more than I can answer how to prove that Santa is real. Your claim, your burden of proof.

Emusan:
The way atheist are looking for God contracdict God's procedure.

What is God's procedure?

Emusan:

I didn't but just the truth.

It's remarkable you claim to know the truth about somebody you hardly even know.

Emusan:
The phycists who have pantheist concepts of universe as a God, they have consciousness while universe doesn't. Is there any interaction between them and the universe?

Who says god must be a consciousness?

Emusan:

So do God Almighty! QED
^What?

Emusan:
Not even in wavelength also in other forms, cosmic ray, magnetic field, huge force e.t.c if you're ever be baptized by the Holyspirit for the first time you can't withstand His own force His force will surely pull you down, Moses saw just the back side of God nobody could be able to behold his face-like that cosmic SUN.

What do you mean when you say "Baptized by Holyspirit"?

Emusan:
Not in anyway God will be part of the product of nature because far far beyond it; He can speak.

OK, I too can speak and your point is?

Emusan:
Spirit is an invisible entity (to any ordinary human's eyes) who has mind and soul, and conscious of itself.

Do you mean if there were a breakthrough in invisibility cloak research and I am able to become invisible to the human eyes, I would become a spirit?
Have you ever encountered a spirit? what is soul?
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
OlaAjia:
Quote where I made such a claim.

Action speaks louder than voice!

Your definition of god will determine whether god is observable or not.

Get you now!

I look forward to the day god speaks to me. When next you communicate with god, be sure to mention me, maybe, just maybe (s)he might consider speaking with me.

If you find grace in His sight well He might consider speaking with you in your sinful nature but if He didn't, then you need to move closer to Him through total submision of your heart.

That's not a definition, it is a claim. How do I measure or observe god?

How can you say it's a claim? When all christians agreed with this one. Tell me, does definition of ENEGRY "energy is the ability to do work" correlate with your explanation about how energy can be observed? What I'm expecting you to say is what support your definition?

Measure God! When all instrument read error when measuring dark energy. Earth is God's footstood and heaven is His throne-so how can you measure such being? And this is where scientist got it wrong believeing everything can be measurable but when they encounter dark energy the reality open that not everything that is measurable also there're some things that beyond the scope of science called PARANORMAL in nature unless you just want to lie to yourself?

The alternative would have been contrary to scientific method.

Remember that some paranormal event are still profess as scientific method.

I can't answer this any more than I can answer how to prove that Santa is real.

Still on the matter, how can you prove that santa is real?

Your claim, your burden of proof.

What does this one mean?

What is God's procedure?

You must first realised that you're a sinner then grap a copy of any Bible and read it with an open mind.

It's remarkable you claim to know the truth about somebody you hardly even know.

I'm sorry about that sir.

Who says god must be a consciousness?

Me! Because He has 'spirit'.

^What?
This is what I answered to in your post "Emusan stops being abstract. So, again, energy as a stand alone word might be abstract, but the concept which it describes is far from; and as I have proven earlier, it is in fact, observable and measurable".

God stops being an abstract because He's observable as described below.

What do you mean when you say "Baptized by Holyspirit"?

Baptized means 'immerse in', so it means you immerse yourself in God's spirit(you will feel the spirit as He enveloped you, and He will talk to you and in that moment you're no more of yourself) and you will surely speak in tongues(another language) "How can science explain this process without esperience it?". Though majority that speak in tongue today are not truly speaking in tongue by God's spirit but being possesed by evil spirit.

This is a sign that God do really exist 1 Corinthians 14:22 "Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe."

OK, I too can speak and your point is?

My point is physicist that call universe God, can universe speak?

Do you mean if there were a breakthrough in invisibility cloak research and I am able to become invisible to the human eyes, I would become a spirit?

To human being you're a spirit until you hit them while you collide with them you will know you're not a spirit. Spirit can enter your room without open your door, can you do that with invisible cloak?

Have you ever encountered a spirit?
Yes! Especially with the Holyspirit

what is soul?

Please search google or consult your dictionary for that.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by OlaAjia(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2013
Emusan:

You must first realised that you're a sinner then grap a copy of any Bible and read it with an open mind.

How do you know this is "god's procedure"?
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2013
OlaAjia:
How do you know this is "god's procedure"?

Because He said it in His word 'Bible' and God can not lie! If you fail to realised that Bible isn't the 'word of God' I'm sorry another problem will arise.
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by OlaAjia(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2013
Emusan:

Because He said it in His word 'Bible' and God can not lie! If you fail to realised that Bible isn't the 'word of God' I'm sorry another problem will arise.

Why is the Bible any more the word of god than the Bhagavad geetha or the Quran?
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 7:38am On Jul 18, 2013
OlaAjia:

Why is the Bible any more the word of god than the Bhagavad geetha or the Quran?

No book has ever claimed what the Bible claims i.e the creations of the universe, redeemption of humanity from death by sending His only Son, and correlated with finds of scientist to some extend even though the boos was written 4000yrs ago before explosion of knowledge which Bible also prophecies.

1 Like

Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by wiegraf: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2013
OlaAjia:

Thanks wiegraf for pointing out my folly. In retrospect, I think I can see what you mean. I will try to be progressively less technical with subsequent posts. It's a catch-22, I do not want to be seen to be patronising my audience either.

Also, if you aren't thorough, many easily misquote or misunderstand you. I feel your pain....

OlaAjia:
I am not sure I understood your question above. Maybe I would with more clarification. If you are referring to the wave/particle duality, then, no, the presence of one does not imply the absence of the other. It is just the perspective of observation that changes. For example, the more accurate I am in calculating the position of a moving car (a point) the less accurate my calculation of its momentum (a wave) will be and vice versa. It's called Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Note however, that determining the car's position (point) at any point in time does not imply that it does not have momentum. It only means that by selecting a fixed point in time, I have made its momentum zero. Alternatively, I could calculate its momentum, but then, its position will make no sense in the momentum space, since it is perpetually in motion.

yes, no vex. I failed completely to frame that adequately. I was hoping to get away without posting much, but that would be silly considering the nature of the topic and my poor grasp of it.

From reading this blog;

http://www.profmattstrassler.com

(And I'm on a mobile, so I can't quote atm, but I'll be back to edit and present this properly.) He describes particles thus;

"A nice, regular ripple in a field, one that can travel smoothly and effortlessly through space, like a clear tone of a bell moving through space"

Basically, (I think) he views the universe as a series of fields that permeate through it*, of course all existing simultaneously. For instance, he goes on to describe virtual particles as;

"Generally, a disturbance in a field that will never be found on its own, but instead is something that is caused by the presence of other particles"

And goes on to explain how interactions between fields generate virtual particles, and in a deterministic manner that is known.

Anyways, my question is more elementary (for now, I still want to see how double slit issues, quantum collapse fit into this model), what are these 'ripples' in a field made of? Thanks

*and the math, etc, all back him up. Put in another way, strictly speaking no such thing as a particle per se, everything is a wave, or part of a field. Particles being the smallest possible ripples of certain fields
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by OlaAjia(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2013
Emusan:

No book has ever claimed what the Bible claims i.e the creations of the universe, redeemption of humanity from death by sending His only Son, and correlated with finds of scientist to some extend even though the boos was written 4000yrs ago before explosion of knowledge which Bible also prophecies.

To make this claim, I assume you've read all other books and found it to be true? Which means no other book has stories about Creation and/or killing of god's only son exists?

Also, I can't see the scientific correlation you're talking about. Care to expatiate? What have stories about creation of the universe and killing of one's son for humanity's redemption got to do with science?
Re: The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. by Emusan(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
OlaAjia:

To make this claim, I assume you've read all other books and found it to be true? Which means no other book has stories about Creation and/or killing of god's only son exists?

Also, I can't see the scientific correlation you're talking about. Care to expatiate? What have stories about creation of the universe and killing of one's son for humanity's redemption got to do with science?

About reading other books and the truth of the God in Bible I can't say much on that because the story is long...Jesus is the only one who has died and still living today among those prominent man ever live in the past.

For science correlation check this link

https://www.nairaland.com/1305164/things-only-god-could-known

Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did Eminem Live Longer Than Tupac? / What Is The Meaning Of Fellowship With God Almighty? / Without righteouness and purity you cannot enter heaven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.