Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721638 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Therock5555(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Agrika: What manner of man is Zubby...hallelujah 2x
....he jokes with area boys...hallelujah!
.....he takes Lagos census on his own...hallelujah!
........what manner of man is ozoigbondu hallelujah..

Chai u haff kill me wit laff

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by titsqueez(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ foxy_birth, rebirth or unborn

My friend pls stop this nonsense. I believe there is a section in nairaland where your poetic ability will critically analysed and praised. Not here!!! E don do biko
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Madawaki01(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
tit_squeez: @ foxy_birth, rebirth or unborn

My friend pls stop this nonsense. I believe there is a section in nairaland where your poetic ability will critically analysed and praised. Not here!!! E don do biko
his poems are in line wit zubby's story,foxy pls continue,I'm lovin it

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
Madawaki01: his poems are in line wit zubby's story,foxy pls continue,I'm lovin it

Don't mind them oooo
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by lyfe(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
Page 94 and I am still on twenri somfin.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
lyfe: Page 94 and I am still on twenri somfin.

hmmm u got a long way to go bro!..

welcome to life on the run.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
Chapter 111

Maria came with food again. We ate together. If her plan was to use charm to make me her man, fine. One thing will eventually destroy a man, be it charm or death.

We slept again in my house. One thing I had resisted totally was the urge and the trials to make love with her without condom. She had tried but I told her that I didn't want to get her pregnant yet.
I was actually more scared of disease. Those Italian girls did a whole lot of nasty things with themselves.
There were stories of how they were paid big monies to sleep with dogs etc.
As for getting her pregnant, that situation was manageable. I was never scared of any non life threatening issues. Having a Child was a good thing aftearall but It needed proper planning. If she got pregnant, it could mean goodbye Europe for one of us. Those Edo girls didn't have the kind of indoctrination and moral upbringing we had back in my home town. I couldn't abandon a child of mine if the mother wasn't there to take care of him or her. But I had also heard rumours of some girls from that part of the country who would give birth and abandon their babies in a gutter or toilet. It may all have been lies but in every story, there was some kind of truth in it.

The 'every night' outing style of life was gradually leaving Maria. She was staying more at home during the nights. I guessed the fact of having a car of her own made her lived like there was no tomorrow. It happened to me as well.
There were times when I would just fill my petrol tank and drove to any city without any tangible reason.

Maria confirmed that the new style of staying mostly at home had saved her some money. It was the same for me too. Each time we wanted to go out, we took one car instead of two. We drank less since I usually kept drinks at home.

She suggested that we go to Church one Sunday.

''No Maria, I don't need anybody to remind me how Moses divided a sea with a stick. I have heard that many times.'' I had said. She laughed out loud as usual. I liked her a lot when she laughed at my jokes.
She referred to me as a Comedian. She once said that she liked staying around me all the time because I made her laugh.

At this stage, the Lagos census had been halted. There was one person who was counted, and had decided that I shouldn't count anybody else.
I liked it very well but I would have loved it more if Maria was being counted without pen.

Life went bye at the rate of sixty seconds per minute.

On the following Friday, I called my Alaye friend Baba. We scheduled to meet at a joint called Good day hotel in Ijesha. It was a hotel patronized mostly by prostitutes. Baba came with Ade and Kola with two other guys I didn't know.
After buying them drinks, I called their attention.

''Kola, there is somebody I gave money to do something for me but I think he want to run away with the money'' I had said.

I told them about Chukwudi. When I finished, they asked if I knew where he lived.
''No, I don't know where he lives but he works at the wharf'' I had told them.

I told them that I could make him come to Surulere in two weeks time.

Kola and his squad promised to get the money from him if I could bring him down to Surulere.

After our drinks, I calculated the bill and paid.
They left and I took a bike back to my place.

According to Ifeanyi, the clearing process was going well. He met with Chukwudi on daily basis. The only guarantee we had was that Chukwudi or anybody else can't get the bus out of the wharf without the original documents.

Jude called me in the night. He said that he talked again With Chukwudi. Chukwudi was clearing the bus through the main office where I had visited when I was looking for information about him. The office was bankrolling the clearance since Chukwudi claimed not to have cash.
There were going to be complications since Chukwudi wasn't doing the job with his money, but I believed we will have a way to get around it.

The following morning, I drove to the stadium with Maria to run. I had forgotten about sports entirely. I used to do some running back in Germany but down there in Nigeria, I never even remembered it.

We wore sports cloths and ran round the main bowl of the National Stadium. Two rounds was all I did. It wasn't much but it was a start.

Since it was obvious that Chukwudi was working on the clearance, it was time to find out where he lived.

I called Ifeanyi and told him that I would be at the wharf the next day. I told him also that it was time to track Chukwudi down to his house. He agreed that it was important to know his house.

''Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning and focused effort''

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by temhab(f): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Chukwudi is in trouble. More grease to your elbow Zubby kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drsolob(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
temhab: Chukwudi is in trouble. More grease to your elbow Zubby kiss
Na so so grease una dey put for person elbowcheesy,u no go fit put oil or ororo.cheesy

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by dayleke: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
Zuby,nice update bro....
But the suspense is killing o....
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by LagosBoi2(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
on pointsmiley
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
nice one there!

LOL @ life on the run grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
''Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning and focused effort''
1million likes
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
Will be in PH tomorrow.

Where are the oil people?

Prepare my drinks and fish.

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by king555(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
bros abegg update befor u enter PH oooooo.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by profoslan(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Viewing this topic: 7footre(m), FBI/CIA, ZUBY77(m), teetee92(m), Screwface(m), Sumbarkaya(m), ireke(m), 18wheeler, laceonline02(m), zanga420, king555(m), Kingsley Jay, Nexusz(m), everrichy(m), profoslan(m), Firearm(m), Donxavier(m)
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 18wheeler: 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
profoslan:
Viewing this topic: 7footre(m), FBI/CIA, ZUBY77(m), teetee92(m), Screwface(m), Sumbarkaya(m), ireke(m), 18wheeler, laceonline02(m), zanga420, king555(m), Kingsley Jay, Nexusz(m), everrichy(m), profoslan(m), Firearm(m), Donxavier(m)
then what?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
king555: bros abegg update befor u enter PH oooooo.

Lol. I will do that Sir

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by king555(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
ZUBY77:

Lol. I will do that Sir

thanks alot..... we just cant get enuf.... no bi our fault all naija poos nah olivertwist
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by dayleke: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hmmmmmmm Zuby,
Is Rose from Ikom still in PH?
D one with d well rounded @$$....

Pg 44 y'all grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chuksvialle(m): 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
baba zubby jst hola at me wen u cm am @ ph 08131968225
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
ZUBY: you can be in PH tomorrow,be in bokinafaso
Be all over the world but I bet you,you can never be in EBONYI!

hahah will you.I bet you will not cos i will hijack you on ENUGU-ABAKALIKI Road!

Ride on...............
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kentochi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Wow! It sound so great Zubby you are my Mentor pls ride on sir i like your style of writing it sound lovely.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by DankemzI(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
ZUBY77: Will be in PH tomorrow.

This 1 wey u no de lyke barracks, would love to show you around Bori-Camp later we run bottles at Officers-Mess
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by MrTroll(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2013

I just left PH today to my villa. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
DankemzI: This 1 wey u no de lyke barracks, would love to show you around Bori-Camp later we run bottles at Officers-Mess

Sounds tempting. I may decide to see the camp.
No frog jump. promise?

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by colonel20: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Zubby77,
ur thread has so captivating. I now travel via Nairaland.com>>followed>>ozoigbondu1... Front page has much potholes grin

This thread has been a breath of fresh air kiss Ride on sir
Grabs my Cola. #fishes_drinks on ma mind
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by colonel20: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
dayleke: Hmmmmmmm Zuby,
Is Rose from Ikom still in PH?
D one with d well rounded @$$....

Pg 44 y'all grin
this question is unanswered grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by blueheart(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Don't mind them oooo

In line or not, your poems are distracting. For the fact that Zubby hasn't endorsed your poetry should have been clear to you to STOP. Please, stop IT. This thread isn't about you or your poetry. We like the thread as its original and undiluted. Thanks @foxy
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cosmatika(m): 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2013

Onye oma, any day U dey cross Aba, d Enyimba city, dnt fail to holla at doc. Gud9t
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Where is 112 angry eeeeh?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by TrojanEdu: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Foxy,must you always post stupid poems? Go and teach in a primary school in South sudan. Monkeyyyyy!!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.