Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress (71877 Views)

Poll: Is Charlize Theron the best African actress?

No: 55% (32 votes)
Yes: 44% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Rita Dominic Is The Most Stylish African Actress / Who's The Prettiest African Actress? / Chris Brown Accused Of Assault On South African Actress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 1:53am On Sep 13, 2006
Yeah she is hot.But I do not think that she is hotter than my L
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Orikinla(m): 10:51am On Sep 13, 2006
May we know who is your L? cheesy
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2006
Quote from: dakmanzero on June 02, 2006, 10:44 AM

if you are racist, you have no right to complain about racism done unto you

I'm glad you used the word 'if'. So what if I'm not?

As such, I don't need to convince you of anything. You are racist, I am not. different points of view- we are both entitled to. I simply will not listen to you when you complain.

So one minute, it is if I'm racist the next, you've made up your mind that I am. You agree that we are entitled to different points of view and yet you describe my point of view as a complaint

For the record, I have not only experienced racial prejudice, I was born into a prejudiced society and grew up there. My father eventually relocated from the UK to Nigeria almost squarely on grounds of racism and the 'glass ceiling effect'. We lived in an almost exclusively white environment, considering the nature of my fathers profession at that time, and frequently came in contact with less-privileged and envious white families.

It might or might not surprise you that your experience is pretty common for those whose parents studied/worked abroad especially in the 60 's-early 80's. So I don't see how that has anything to do with disagreeing with Charlize Theron's supposed 'Africaness'

As such, if I can choose not to be racist despite all this, it should tell you something.

Again, disagreeing with Charlize Theron's 'Africaness', is definitely not racism! It is simply disagreeing with Charlize Theron's 'Africaness'!!! My brother, where do you get off and why are you seeing my point of view through racist eyes? Perhaps  your experience left you more scarred than you care to admit. Not to worry, we all have our secret/hidden traumas.

Again, from my point of view, she ain't African.  Cikena. Just like there ain't no Black English people. Just British!!!. Now if you still want to see that as racist, then you sure do have racist issues!!

Take am easy bro cool. Life's too short grin cheesy wink She ain't African, She ain't African, and SHE AIN'T AFRICAN tongue tongue tongue
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by dakmanzero(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2006
Dont have time to copy/paste your quotes, so mix and match responses. I'm under pressure here and dont have much time.

>>>
The initial assertion was a set-up for the statement I made next.

>>>
The statement I made then and am reinforcing now is that YES, YOU ARE RACIST. You hold a racist view, therefore you are. If you choose to defend yourself, please do so in the context of your earlier statements.

>>>
Your point of view is not the complaint. Read my gorram post and stop talking nonsense.

>>>
of course it is common. for christs sake maintain focus and stop trying to divert the subject. It is merely a rebuttal to your statements about me not having experienced skin colour prejudice. for sheezy.

>>>
disagreeing with her africanness on the basis of her skin colour is die hard, hardcore racism. If you dont kow it, better know it now befiore you make blanket statements like 'racists are pigs!' without knowing that u just made yourself a sty with ya mouth.

>>>>

ah aaah now. Why did u suddenly become friendly at the end of d post? Now am feeling guilty for lashing out at u like dat, sad

but, shes african cheesy
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Orikinla(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2006
PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) — President Thabo Mbeki congratulated Charlize Theron on her recent Oscar win, telling the South African actress: "The whole country is very proud."
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-03-11-theron-mandela_x.htm

Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Madira: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2006
Charlize Theron is a beautiful woman, no doubt. But the best African actress? I think not.
She  may say she is African born and comes from South Africa, but that definitely does not mean that she is proud of African heritage as a whole.
She is a successful Hollywood actress but to me she is definitely NOT the pride of Africa.
Talking of apartheid, it really is amazing how someone can say that any resulting ill feeling is sour grapes. To think that blacks could not vote in their own home country until 1994 !!!( when the whole world had more or less gotten rid of racial prejudice.) Have you watched the Soweto riots? Black school children were mown down by police bullets as they fled from them. Other young children arrested and tortured in police cells before being sentenced.
And this is all recent from a historical perspective.
I can't imagine anyone telling the Jews any pain concerning that the racial injustice they've endured in the past is sour grapes. In fact, heaven help whoever says so.
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 1:10am On Sep 16, 2006
@ Darkman zero,

Sorry to disappoint you, I wasn't being friendly at the end of my post.; I was just laughing all the way through typing it because I  just knew the type of response I would get undecided undecided undecided and guess what, you didn't disappoint me!

I can just imagine you typing away, gnashing your teeth at my 'blasphemy', fire blazing in your eyes and smoke pouring through your nostrils, all the while muttering-'shes african, she's african, she's african, simply because I poked you where it appeared to hurt.

You can take my response in what sense you will, call me racist or colourist or whatever but like Madira stated, it is amazing how someone can say that any resulting ill feeling is sour grapes.

Be that as it may, you're more than entitled to your own opinion and as for 'lashing out' at me,

And I'm still laughing, honest.  grin
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 1:21am On Sep 16, 2006
@ Darkman zero and Enugu.I can not understand you guys argument.Are you talking about an actress who is African or are u talking about an African who is an actress
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 1:29am On Sep 16, 2006
[table]
Uche2nna:

@ Darkman zero and Enugu.I can not understand you guys argument.Are you talking about an actress who is African or are u talking about an African who is an actress
[/table]

@Uche2nna

Me sef, I think i've lost the plot! I just disagreed with the description of Charlize Theron as an 'African' and that was it! Darkman wanted to zero me off!

Anyway, long and short of it- the topic =Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress

My reply- maybe a good actress, in some people's opinion, but definitely not an African actress. That was it o! undecided
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 1:32am On Sep 16, 2006
@enugu In your opinion who is an African?Just curious
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 1:48am On Sep 16, 2006
[table]
Uche2nna:

@enugu In your opinion who is an African?Just curious
[/table]

@Uche2nna,

Mmmm,  the plot thickens. Why? You must have thought about your  own notion of Africannes? Anyway, don't mind me I have a wedding tomorrow, can't sleep and in a mischievious mood. For some reason, defining one's ethnic  group/leaning, always puts me in a mischievious mood because there's usually  no end to the arguments. Okay, I know, enough of the rigmarole.

An African is one who can be identified as one. Just like a European is one wh o can  be identified as one as  well Asians. Nobody  ev er  mistakes  S aima  my  co ll eag   u e for an African even though part of her ancestry is Kenyan ; she's always identified as Asian but oluo na n k'an yi, people that stole from us, oppressed us and took over  will begin to c laim some bogus African ancestry. How many  Eng li  s h people who's grandparents where in  I  nd i a     in  the past c  enturies   lay claim  t o being Indian They don't  b e  cause,they know they are not.

so you are African as Peter Tosh described us 'where you co me from as long as y o   u  'r e  a black man, yu're an African.

None of those of African heritage (i.e. those with a d arker skin hue) living/having lived in the West all  their lives/their ancestors lives are described as anything else.

I  know that these points can be shot down in one fell s    woo p as to why  they[b] may[/b] not hold water but that is what this 'Lander thinks and has to contend with

Ka Chineke mezie okw u       

please  exc   use the jagajaga t  y    pi ng            .  my keyboard is obviously not ha ppy at t his t opic

You know what U che 2nna, I'll h ave t o c on tin ue this after the wedding. My keyboard is giving me wahala and my brain has also joined in and I doubt that I 'm making much sense. But seriously, no one eve r calls Indians or Pakistanis by any other name/description, no matte how long they've been in Africa. The Oyin b o' s over here do not identify us as one of them so i find it wh en th ey begin to claim. And another thing, how come none of these oyinob africans ever come from N aija
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 2:02am On Sep 16, 2006
enugu link=topic
please exc use the jagajaga t y pi ng . my keyboard is obviously not ha ppy at t his t opic[/sub:

Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin.You are one hell of a funny lady.But I am still keeping an open mind over the issue.In as much as I know and believe the historical hue of all this I would not want to base my ostracization of Chalize(or wetin be her name sef) on wat her ancestors did in the past.It is like saying that all the children of thieves are all thieves and they should be shot!As for skin color,when they say as long as you are black then you are African I really wonder if a Jamaican(who is obviously black) is more african than the sister of my friend who is an Albino!
Honestly,I do really like to separate the sheep from the goats but I can not seem to find an all encompassing parameter.Your parameter of history and skin color are enticing but under closer scrutiny they might not hold enuff water. sad sad sad
Y u no tell us say u don dey get married?Abi u no want make we chop cake angry angry grin grin grin
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by dakmanzero(m): 3:00am On Sep 16, 2006
Glad to see you're in high spirits, enugu  cheesy

Was amusing to see you trip over yourself trying to figure out your own definition of 'Africanness'.

Perhaps when you figure that out, you may finally realise that your comments were indeed racist. If you *aren't* a racist, then perhaps you will apologise for them?

Or perhaps,  you may simply realise that if racism is indeed more than what you previously thought it was, you don't mind being a racist afterall.

In any case,  At the end of the day language is as much a function of popular usage as it is of lexical correctness. The terms 'African' and 'Racist' are both subject to this. If enough powerful people with guns think CT is an african because she was born and raised in Africa, then she's african. If enough powerful people with guns (governments, police forces, custom officials)  think that she isn't african because she's white, then she's not. And the only importance that holds for you is that, when the matter is in contention with appropriate gang of powerful, gun-wielding human beings nearby, you'd better agree with them,
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by opeemi1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2006
[center]Is this who you wanna vote as the best african actress?[/center]

[center][/center]

[center]Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh![/center]
[center] cool[/center]
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2006
ope_emi:

[center]Is this who you want to vote as the best african actress?[/center]

[center][/center]

[center]Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh![/center]
[center] cool[/center]
Na wa o! So because sb was kissing her ass disqualifies her from picking an award.I have some more stranger shit from awarding winning celebrities.
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2006
[table]
Uche2nna:

Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin.You are one hell of a funny lady.But I am still keeping an open mind over the issue.In as much as I know and believe the historical hue of all this I would not want to base my ostracization of Chalize(or wetin be her name sef) on what her ancestors did in the past.It is like saying that all the children of thieves are all thieves and they should be shot!As for skin color,when they say as long as you are black then you are African I really wonder if a Jamaican(who is obviously black) is more african than the sister of my friend who is an Albino!
Honestly,I do really like to separate the sheep from the goats but I can not seem to find an all encompassing parameter.Your parameter of history and skin color are enticing but under closer scrutiny they might not hold enough water. sad sad sad
Y u no tell us say u don dey get married?Abi u no want make we chop cake angry angry grin grin grin
[/table]

@Uche2nna, nwannem,
Like I said earlier -in my own opinion What else can I say Darkman is still determined to zero me off. and with ethnicity, it's always this way;who is what, and what is who?

Anyway, the wedding was my sister's, the cake is available (virtually) will send you a picture when i can figure out my scanner. the real thing, well k'anyi n'en'anya (make we dey look)

And as for my keyboard, I've changed it so cheesy

and @Darkmanzero,

So I've tripped myself up in your own summation, so what You obviously don't suffer from such weaknesses. If I don't see her as African, I don't ! Cikena! If you see her as African, then you do!

So take a chill pill! You see me as racist; good luck to you! Am glad someone sees the lighter side of all this. At the end of the day, it's all about what one thinks. You think what you think; I think what I think and that's all there is to it. So long as my 'thinking' does not include any evil intentions to the said person, then undecided

it's obvious you didn't read the first few lines of my reply to Uche2nna otherwise you would have seen the word mischief[/b]! and therefore read between the lines. But hey, like i said before [b]you think what you think

And, I'm still laughing grin actually, I just have a smile on my face.

Just curious, what is Darkmanzero? sounds like the title of an action film and no I'm not trying to be friendly, I'm just curious. The winner of this argument is the least of my worries. In Bleep DMZ, You win!!!!

There, now can I be relieved of your oh-so-serious replies. The woman is there, me am here arguing about nothing. abeg!!!
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2006
@enugu Wishing your sis happy married life.I am Impatiently waiting for the cake even if na for pix and I am also Patiently waiting for your own wedding cake!I hope say that one no go be for pix! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2006
Uche2nna:

@enugu Wishing your sis happy married life.I am Impatiently waiting for the cake even if na for pix and I am also Patiently waiting for your own wedding cake!I hope say that one no go be for pix! grin grin grin grin grin

@Uche2nna,

nwannem, thanks cheesy Will pass on your good wishes. As for mine lipsrsealed undecided wink smiley cheesy , k'anyi n'en'e anya (make we dey look eye) shocked
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by jaybaby(f): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2006
Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress

i wan ask oooooooooooooo

she don act 4 any AFRICAN MOVIE b4? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

She's Pretty but she looks like Jessica ALBA

@ UCHE

u wan fflw am go d WEDDING? grin grin grin

@ ENUGU

share I.V ooooooooo grin grin make this GOOD thing of life Reach 'em life 22222222222 grin grin
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2006
jaybaby:

i wan ask oooooooooooooo

she don act 4 any AFRICAN MOVIE before? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@ UCHE

@ ENUGU

share I.V ooooooooo grin grin make this GOOD thing of life Reach 'em life 22222222222 grin grin
@ jaybaby You Know say I be proper Igbo Man Meaning say i no dey play with free food.Where there is free food there is an Uche Anyway do not hesistate to tell me when your own wedding date go be so that I go show up! grin grin grin grin grin
As 4 whether C has acted in any African Movie b/4 is not suppose to have a significance here.We are asking about the best Actress that is an African ,not the best Actress in an African movie!
@enugu I don tire for ka anyi na ele anya levels!I want ugbua ugbua levels(now now levels)! grin grin grin jst jking
But seriously wey the pix of the cake nawwwwwwwww undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by jaybaby(f): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2006
Uche i no say u fit read very well undecided

nob wetin ORIKI write be diz ''Charlize Theron is the best African actress "

abi na me no dey _stand shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

as 4 weda u like FOOd i no say u b F-O-F b4 naw tongue
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2006
Meaning that the actress in question can starr in any movie she wants,even a movie from pluto,as far as she is the best African actress around.We do not care weather she acted in things fall apart or not as far she is
1 An African
2 An Actress
3 The best
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2006
[table]
Uche2nna:

@enugu I don tire for ka anyi na ele anya levels!I want ugbua ugbua levels(now now levels)! grin grin grin jst jking
But seriously wey the pix of the cake nawwwwwwwww undecided undecided undecided undecided
[/table]

@Uche2nna

Onye ndidi n'eli az'ukpo Marriage no be rush-rush affair. I willi get dia! grin

Seriously, I lost one of the films,think I forgot it at the reception venue so you'll wait just a little longer, biko nwanna.

and Charlize is still not African! grin cheesy wink
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by enugu(f): 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2006
[table]
jaybaby:

i wan ask oooooooooooooo

she don act 4 any AFRICAN MOVIE before? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@ UCHE

@ ENUGU

abeg @jaybaby, no mind dem jare! not to worry,when that good thing comes, we will make jolly-jolly cheesy cheesy
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by gem87(f): 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2006
is ur skin colour not wat says u're frm africa?

she's an african by , imigration? i mean her ancestors
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Uche2nna(m): 3:51am On Sep 20, 2006
enugu:

[table][/table]

@Uche2nna

Onye ndidi n'eli az'ukpo Marriage no be rush-rush affair. I willi get dia! grin

Seriously, I lost one of the films,think I forgot it at the reception venue so you'll wait just a little longer, biko nwanna.

and Charlize is still not African! grin cheesy wink
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yeah she is not African just like Ramsey Nouah is not Nigerian!
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by jaybaby(f): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2006
Abi ooooooooo Enugu wen da tym comes we go tell 'em

lol @ uche watever grin grin grin grin
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Orikinla(m): 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2006
The best African actress is different from the best actress in Africa.

An African is an African, whether black, white or yellow.

We have white Nigerians from British and Dutch ancestors.
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by jaybaby(f): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2006
HUH! WAT R u TRYING 2 SAY? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Orikinla(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2006
When I marry Charlize Theron and she begins to cook ofe Ukazi and Achalla with Azu Basa and pounds me foofoo and serves me chilled palmwine to wash the delicious Igbo meal down, God help anyone who will dare to query her African origins. grin

Make una take una time oh! angry

Don't discourage her from my overtures!

Omalicha oyoyo adanma Charlize Theron, don't mind them ojare. (Hiss).

Omo pupa le'mi n'fe.
Charlize Theron African oyinbo.
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by jaybaby(f): 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2006
ORiki r u IGBO?
Re: Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress by Seun(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2006
Charlize Theron is an actress, not a cook. We should allow our women do better things with their lives (apart from cooking, cleaning and baby-making). If an African woman is better than acting than at cooking, it should be ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Daniella Down? Biography Of Oyinbo/English Actress In Wedding Party Movie / Lil Frosh Beats His Girlfriend, Thacutegeminne, Her Face Swollen / Marry Someone Who Has Sense - Elsie Okpocha (Basketmouth's Estranged Wife)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.