Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! (10129 Views)

14 African Countries Forced By France To Pay Colonial Tax / African Countries With 24/7 Power Supply / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
Why do African countries never tell the Truth! Or why do most countries in Africa prefer telling one side of the truth and not the full truth about their government, people, places and economies for the world to know? It's a question that comes to my mind each time I watch the news on TV or follow it on other media platforms. Sadly we are misled to think that all is perfect and rosy in one country and not the other. While others look down on the rest as stone age societies. Theres plenty on my mind so let's get the debates going.

Please share your views and feel free to cite examples of lying countries ... web links and images are welcome! Can we tell the truth that Africa's countries never tell the world?
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
We'll be amazed to know that most of the "truths" being peddled about Nigeria is at best a lie meant to stunt the country's strong upward trajectory in Africa's politics and general global affairs. One good case in point is the negative news surrounding the military's deployment against Boko Haram. Is a successful and strong Nigerian Armed Forces fast becoming a real threat to Africa and the world?

1 Like

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: We'll be amazed to know that most of the "truths" being peddled about Nigeria is at best a lie meant to stunt the country's strong upward trajectory in Africa's politics and general global affairs. One good case in point is the negative news surrounding the military's deployment against Boko Haram. Is a successful and strong Nigerian Armed Forces fast becoming a real threat to Africa and the world?
I agree with you..

2 Likes

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by usibengate(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: We'll be amazed to know that most of the "truths" being peddled about Nigeria is at best a lie meant to stunt the country's strong upward trajectory in Africa's politics and general global affairs. One good case in point is the negative news surrounding the military's deployment against Boko Haram. Is a successful and strong Nigerian Armed Forces fast becoming a real threat to Africa and the world?
U are very on point my gud broda, u ve said it all. Dey are lookin 4 ways 2 defame d country wit every frm nigeria. BAGA in maidugury wit less dan 200 house, but over 3000 house were reported 2 ve being burnt. Works of d enimies, haters, jealous, enviers, impostors, sychophant of naija's wealth
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
I knew the west was bent on belittling us when they published those fake images of bama , thanks God we had our own intelligence unit ....else #SMH
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
I had to start-off this thread out of concern for the huge lies and blatant misrepresentations that some South African commentators were posting on the thread focused on debating/rating the strongest militaries in Africa. https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa/

You'd be shocked (and amused at the same time) at how the South Africans caused trouble trying to derail the debates with lies and provocative use of defamatory materials just to force a false view of Nigeria despite proof and cited evidence of Egypt's and Nigeria's superiority over South Africa in terms of current warfare capabilities/records and peacekeeping operations on the continent.

Ranging from their posting of outdated and negative pictures of Lagos, and other parts of Nigeria with the intention to say we are not developed to the use of positive images of SA to enhance their own pride, it appears quite clear these days that most African countries will do or say anything to bring us down. Problem is that we fail to realise that they always intentionally hide their ugly side while showcasing the glittery part of their national objectives which amounts to lies and propaganda ... in a country where most citizens (e.g. in Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg) live in so much poverty and in shack houses using unwalled toilets. Notice how DSTV would never show that to the world?

Some food for thought!

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
sheyie2007: I knew the west was bent on belittling us when they published those fake images of bama , thanks God we had our own intelligence unit ....else #SMH

Not just the West. Our African neighbours and contemporaries are in on the same project to rubbish Nigeria. South Africa in the main, and our brothers -- Ghana are key culprits.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
How long did it take nigeria to sort out BH, MEAND is not even dealt with and piracy is on the increase. Most of the Nigerian army is set up has light infantry not even motorised but light. this is not a insult but a smart move by the nigerian generals. BH is a small threat to any military and a poor test in seeing if you ready for a real war. Malil was a posibil test but it took so long to deploy there that france had to step in along with Chad. Now that the fight has become a low insty affair nigeria has finally taken charge. So no you not a threat to even cameroon never mind SA, Angola, Algeria, Morocco, Ethiopia, Sudan even current day messed up libya is a bigger threat than nigeria and they just been bombed and had a violent takeover.

Has for posting pics of poor SA remeber Nigeria has more slums, more people in poverty, low level of education, low GDP Lower GDP per capita (and that is not growing nearly as fast) should i go on.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
andrewza: How long did it take nigeria to sort out BH, MEAND is not even dealt with and piracy is on the increase. Most of the Nigerian army is set up has light infantry not even motorised but light. this is not a insult but a smart move by the nigerian generals. BH is a small threat to any military and a poor test in seeing if you ready for a real war. Malil was a posibil test but it took so long to deploy there that france had to step in along with Chad. Now that the fight has become a low insty affair nigeria has finally taken charge. So no you not a threat to even cameroon never mind SA, Angola, Algeria, Morocco, Ethiopia, Sudan even current day messed up libya is a bigger threat than nigeria and they just been bombed and had a violent takeover.

Has for posting pics of poor SA remeber Nigeria has more slums, more people in poverty, low level of education, low GDP Lower GDP per capita (and that is not growing nearly as fast) should i go on.
you know little, so shut your trap
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
sheyie2007: you know little, so shut your trap

A typical response but as usual nothing is said to show i am wrong.

So you disagree that troops in pickups are light infantry.

In truth nigeria has only 1 true vehicle for mechanised infantry and that is the BTR3 that nigeria has enough to field 1 batallon.

sure you could use stery(nigeria's local APC is based on these platform) in a mechanised battalion along with your MT-LBs extra, does not change the fact they APCs thus motorised infantry. Nigerias Military would struggle to invade Ghana. You would probably pull it off but would take heavy losses.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
andrewza: How long did it take nigeria to sort out BH, MEAND is not even dealt with and piracy is on the increase. Most of the Nigerian army is set up has light infantry not even motorised but light. this is not a insult but a smart move by the nigerian generals. BH is a small threat to any military and a poor test in seeing if you ready for a real war. Malil was a posibil test but it took so long to deploy there that france had to step in along with Chad. Now that the fight has become a low insty affair nigeria has finally taken charge. So no you not a threat to even cameroon never mind SA, Angola, Algeria, Morocco, Ethiopia, Sudan even current day messed up libya is a bigger threat than nigeria and they just been bombed and had a violent takeover.

Hey Mr. AndrewZA, you found your way here? Well, take note that this is not a strictly military thread and all views and comments are welcome as long as there's supporting proof. The debates here are definitely open-ended. However, most of your comments above have been thoroughly dealt with in the thread that got derailed by CraigB. So contrary to your views here about the Nigerian Army it is clear that they are certainly a potent force ... since it took them less than two weeks into the SoE to dislodge the B.Haram at a time when the world's media was being negative. Equally the MEND surrendered due to fear of the Army and the offer of Amnesty.

If you doubt that mend has been quenched, can you kind tell me where they are? Piracy? Show proof of the number of piracy issues in the Niger Delta recently? You refuse to accept the fact that the Army has handled much more multidimensional Ops internally and externally than most other forces that you can think of including SA. And although the Nigerian Army is not a negative threat it remains a big threat to country's that feel that we have too much influence due to Nigeria's lead role on the continent and sub-region.

I needed to show the images above because no one ever gets to see them ... all they see are nice photos of "pretty" places and faces which gives a false impression of the true situation of life and development in South Africa.

All we hear South Africans talk about are HUGE lies that Nigeria is poor, full of slums, not developed, and so on and so forth ... even without finding out the fact. They even put up very outdated photos of Nigerian cities to back up the lies! Now see the Nigeria we all know below:

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by 1yorooba: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
This kind of topic makes me angry!

My brother, what about Nigeria and the secrets that our government keeps from us?

No one bringing down Naija. Not Southy. Not Ghana.

It's us. Nigerians.

Abeg. Don't start something you won't finish o!

You won't finish this thing you start o!
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Hey Mr. AndrewZA, you found your way here? Well, take note that this is not a strictly military thread and all views and comments are welcome as long as there's supporting proof. The debates here are definitely open-ended. However, most of your comments above have been thoroughly dealt with in the thread that got derailed by CraigB. So contrary to your views here about the Nigerian Army it is clear that they are certainly a potent force ... since it took them less than two weeks into the SoE to dislodge the B.Haram at a time when the world's media was being negative. Equally the MEND surrendered due to fear of the Army and the offer of Amnesty.

If you doubt that mend has been quenched, can you kind tell me where they are? Piracy? Show proof of the number of piracy issues in the Niger Delta recently? You refuse to accept the fact that the Army has handled much more multidimensional Ops internally and externally than most other forces that you can think of including SA. And although the Nigerian Army is not a negative threat it remains a big threat to country's that feel that we have too much influence due to Nigeria's lead role on the continent and sub-region.

I needed to show the images above because no one ever gets to see them ... all they see are nice photos of "pretty" places and faces which gives a false impression of the true situation of life and development in South Africa.

All we hear South Africans talk about are HUGE lies that Nigeria is poor, full of slums, not developed, and so on and so forth ... even without finding out the fact. They even put up very outdated photos of Nigerian cities to back up the lies! Now see the Nigeria we all know below:

Communication coming out of the combat zone is very low, all cell phones are down, anybody with a satellite phone will be arrest. BH is not a military force it only needs to scatter and hide among civilians in villages loyal to them or cross in to other countries. Has long has the root cause of BH remains and they will not be destroyed. MEND agreed to a peace deal but they still around and not all weapons have been returned. I believe they made a threat not to long ago with them basically saying we not gone don't forget your end of the bargain.

i have posted a number of sources on the rise of piracy of the west coast of Africa here is one
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30880:west-africa-piracy-surge-endangering-commodities-shipping&catid=108:maritime-security&Itemid=233

The Nigerian Army has pretty much being doing 2 things peace keeping and anti terrosim not much that installs fear. When was the last divisional sized Armour/mechnised warfare training exersize. And dont say they done in secret done in ssecret where.

The proof and sources for the amount of poor in Nigeria was given to you, you ran away from that or say we are lieing but dont give evdeince to counter the evediance before you.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
1yorooba: This kind of topic makes me angry!

My brother, what about Nigeria and the secrets that our government keeps from us?

No one bringing down Naija. Not Southy. Not Ghana.

It's us. Nigerians.

Abeg. Don't start something you won't finish o!

You won't finish this thing you start o!

1yorooba, please go to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa/387 and see what has been going on! I know what I am talking about. That Nigeria doesn't have constant electricity is not a secret. What is a secret is that the countries that make fun of Nigeria's issues have their own deepest challenges yet they hide it or refuse to talk about it ... yet have the mind to bad mouth Nigeria. Go to the thread and see what I am refering to. It's better talking about our challenges! There is nothing new that people don't know or have not said about Nigeria ... but do they have the mind to talk about themselves? They must stop throwing stones in their glass houses!

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/content/en/citizen/opinion-columnists?oid=437523&sn=Detail&pid=146826&Part-true--mainly-not

Part true, mainly not

There is solace found in revelling in anxiety about how society is falling apart, especially when we know that it isn’t really.

18 June 2013 | Paul Pereira

In the past fortnight a chain letter detailing the horrid results of 19 years of ANC governance has become an e-mail and social media hit. It even appeared on these pages disguised as a reader’s letter.

It seems to have hit some nerve of how we imagine South Africa, and so it’s worth a look. Here are the anonymous author’s claims and how they measure up:Unemployment is up 60%. Untrue. According to the South African Institute of Race Relations, last year’s broad unemployment rate was 36%, a 15% increase on 1994.

South Africa is the rape capital of the world. True. The SAPS notes that with 128 reported rapes per 100 000 people, our rape prevalence is far and away the worst of 123 countries and territories that report on this.

We’re 140th on a world list of 144 countries for education. True and false. We come 140th and 142nd in maths and science in some tests. But we now have universal education, unlike some others, who may cherry-pick their brightest.

This while the 2011 TIMSS ranking of 45 surveyed countries showed our results improve for the first time since 1995.

We are officially the country with the most car-jackings. False. There is no “official” global base to use, but our car-jackings have fallen 27% these 19 years.

We’re in the top 10 for murder. True, but we were number one in 1994. Since then, murder has fallen 54%.

The rand/dollar exchange rate has gone from R3.41 to R10. True in fact, but false in being laid at the ANC’s door, since this ignores global economic and policy factors over which government has no control. Notes economist Mike Schüssler: “Advanced world currencies are generally stronger than emerging markets.”

The same true and false attaches to ANC responsibility for higher oil prices.

We have the most corrupt government. False. Transparency International scores South Africa as middling with an improved perception for the last three years running.

We have 10 times more people in squatter camps. False. Shack dwelling has fallen by a quarter since 1996, and traditional dwellings by 45%. We build 13 formal houses for every shack erected.

We have 1 000% more illegal immigrants. Maybe, but no one knows, although 100 000 people are repatriated each year.

Our roads, railways, military, police, municipal services, old age homes, hospitals and orphanages are worth nothing anymore. False. All these things, except the military, have seen increased investment these two decades, sometimes dramatically.

The SANDF is a laughing stock. False. Although smaller than under apartheid, the army acquitted itself well in recent Central African Republic fighting, inflicting anywhere up to 800 enemy casualties for the loss of 15 dead and 30 wounded.

No other country has more convicted criminals in Parliament. False simply because comparisons don’t exist, but 40 local MPs were guilty in the Travelgate expenses fraud.

A quarter of all schoolgirls are HIV+. False. Schoolgirls aren’t, as such, tested.

Our schoolgirls had 100 000 legal abortions last year. False. The latest figures reported to Parliament are for 2006, with 9 900 abortions among children under 18 years.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by 1yorooba: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

1yorooba, please go to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa/387 and see what has been going on! I know what I am talking about. That Nigeria doesn't have constant electricity is not a secret. What is a secret is that the countries that make fun of Nigeria's issues have their own deepest challenges yet they hide it or refuse to talk about it ... yet have the mind to bad mouth Nigeria. Go to the thread and see what I am refering to. It's better talking about our challenges! There is nothing new that people don't know or have not said about Nigeria ... but do they have the mind to talk about themselves? They must stop throwing stones in their glass houses!

You found these images from Southy newspapers, so how are they hidden. These Southy people beat you to a pulp and then you run here. angry You shoulda posted your own images bros.

What makes me angry is that you keep saying the same thing that other people are bringing us down. We always say this. Sick of it. We being ourselves down. I'm oppressed sef.

Is Southy oppresing the people of the Naija Delta?

Is Southy giving us tribalism?

Is Southy giving us the wizards b ha'am?

Is Southy giving us Goodluck Jonathan?

Where does our money go every month?

To Ghana?

You won't finish this thing angry

Here too. Same topic https://www.nairaland.com/897396/where-south-africa-without-white

When will it stop? When will I be free in Nigeria?
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
andrewza:

Communication coming out of the combat zone is very low, all cell phones are down, anybody with a satellite phone will be arrest. BH is not a military force it only needs to scatter and hide among civilians in villages loyal to them or cross in to other countries. Has long has the root cause of BH remains and they will not be destroyed. MEND agreed to a peace deal but they still around and not all weapons have been returned. I believe they made a threat not to long ago with them basically saying we not gone don't forget your end of the bargain.

i have posted a number of sources on the rise of piracy of the west coast of Africa here is one
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30880:west-africa-piracy-surge-endangering-commodities-shipping&catid=108:maritime-security&Itemid=233

The Nigerian Army has pretty much being doing 2 things peace keeping and anti terrosim not much that installs fear. When was the last divisional sized Armour/mechnised warfare training exersize. And dont say they done in secret done in ssecret where.

The proof and sources for the amount of poor in Nigeria was given to you, you ran away from that or say we are lieing but dont give evdeince to counter the evediance before you.

What is the problem with having little or no communication coming out of there? The commanders on ground have a strategy and clear objective of disabling the information channels open to BH. Mil-intel has been effective in this regard. Are you aware that locals have now boldly been providing the army with word of mouth intel about BH. This wasn't possible before now. A army in control of battlefield information always has the upper hand ... with the ability to take enemies on by suprise. Please don't go into what you don't know about. What is the root cause of the BH insurgency? From what I know they are no longer potent groups! While BH is formally an illegal group MEND is not currently an armed group! So for all you may know the army has succeeded in lesser time than was projected.

Even Malema and the AWB are allowed to open their mouths! Freedom of speech does not extend to freedom of violence. MEND can talk but it ends at talk. Period.

Why would they instil fear outside of the battleground? You under-rate the battle-harden Nigerian Army at your own risk. It is not usually for me to speak on certain things, I am usually restrained. But check for what you can find online.

I have a dossier on SA. I know info that is witheld, but I can't just spew it. A lot may be sensitive. I only play around with the low sensitive, everyday civilian stuff. So when you talk of poverty I know what's happening that side. Do you know the number of shack settlements in South Africa? Do you know that it is only South Africa I know of that have detached purpose-made walless toilets? Why have toilets without a single wall? What can be left of a person's dignity after sitting under rain and sunshine just to pass feaces/shit in public view? Yet it is currently the biggest economy in Africa with a lower population profile than than Nigeria?

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by 1yorooba: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

What is the problem with having little or no communication coming out of there? The commanders on ground have a strategy and clear objective of disabling the information channels open to BH. Mil-intel has been effective in this regard. Are you aware that locals have now boldly been providing the army with word of mouth intel about BH. This wasn't possible before now. A army in control of battlefield information always has the upper hand ... with the ability to take enemies on by suprise. Please don't go into what you don't know about. What is the root cause of the BH insurgency? From what I know they are no longer potent groups! While BH is formally an illegal group MEND is not currently an armed group! So for all you may know the army has succeeded in lesser time than was projected.

Even Malema and the AWB are allowed to open their mouths! Freedom of speech does not extend to freedom of violence. MEND can talk but it ends at talk. Period.

Why would they instil fear outside of the battleground? You under-rate the battle-harden Nigerian Army at your own risk. It is not usually for me to speak on certain things, I am usually restrained. But check for what you can find online.

I have a dossier on SA. I know info that is witheld, but I can't just spew it. A lot may be sensitive. I only play around with the low sensitive, everyday civilian stuff. So when you talk of poverty I know what's happening that side. Do you know the number of shack settlements in South Africa? Do you know that it is only South Africa I know of that have detached purpose-made walless toilets? Why have toilets without a single wall? What can be left of a person's dignity after sitting under rain and sunshine just to pass feaces/shit in public view? Yet it is currently the biggest economy in Africa with a lower population profile than than Nigeria?

Bros - You know you're making me angry.

This thing you post.

Is this not because they got democracy down South?

When will our media ever give us stuff like this? angry

Did you not get this in Southy newspaper? Na be so?

Up to today, I don't know who in government steal my money.

But in Southy and Ghana they know.

Na be so?
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ah! My favourite topic ! grin
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
I see that in the other thread, they were posting pictures.

The hidden truth - Bikini walk, South Africa grin

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
The hidden truth - Africa democracy map.

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
The hidden truth - Kenya is beautiful !

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
The hidden beeeeg secret grin

Nigerian fashion. Lovely

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hidden truth - The arch of the covenant is in ethiopia :-)

1 Like

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hidden truth -

Africa's racial tolerance index.

Fascinating, isn't it?

I love this map

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hidden truth - Africa's democracy index

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

It means all reports are one sided, we will not know if say the army is setting up roadblocks to extort people, shooting civilians extra extra. There is no transparency, america lets media accompany them into the field france and israel release images they film them self, sa gives reports and updates. transparency is needed remember BH does not need the military to do illegal activity only get people to think that, witch they can do since media can not verify any sides reports. sometimes secrecy is counter productive.

yes but AWB and malema don't threaten the government.

i am not afraid of your military.

at least they have walls
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1053102_63413eab0ff55269b0551bb7fa4d1d04_jpg6791dfb2b2b9d5664d5c3a9478ff87c9[/img]
and are you saying you have secret SA documents or data that i don't, either way you either a fool or lying
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices: The hidden truth - Kenya is beautiful !

i am white and agree with you
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hidden truth - despite what we have been told, Twelve African countries are ranked among the 75 least corrupt nations in the world, according to the 2012 index published on 5 December by Transparency International.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/12-african-countries-rank-top-75-anti-corruption-index

As published by our top partner allAfrica

Published annually, the Corruption Perceptions Index draws upon a range of data sources to determine how corrupt countries' public sectors are perceived to be. On a scale from 100 (highly clean) to 0 (highly corrupt), two-thirds of all countries scored below 50. This year's survey includes 176 countries, down from 182 in 2011.

The top eight in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) in 2012 also led the list in 2011, with approximately the same global rankings, ranging from 65 to 43. Liberia – at number 11 in sub-Sahara with a score of 41 – saw its global ranking rise 16 points – from number 91 last year to 75 in 2012.

Botswana, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Rwanda, Namibia, Ghana and Lesotho led the SSA rankings, along with South Africa, which dropped two places this year – to nine from seven. Gambia, which was ninth last year, dropped this year to 21 in SSA and 105 globally. Tunisia, which is grouped with Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries, is tied with Liberia at 75 on the global rankings.

Nigeria and Kenya both received the low ranking of 139, compared with 143 for Nigeria and 154 for Kenya in 2011. Cameroon, the Congo Republic (Brazzaville) and the Central African Republic are ranked 144. Angola is 157, DR Congo 160 and Equatorial Guinea 163. Crowding the bottom among the most corrupt in the world are Chad (163), Sudan (173 and Somalia (174, last).

For the rankings (SSA/Global) and scores for all SSA countries in the index, see full article originally published as 'Africa: Twelve Countries Rank in Top 75 on Anti-Corruption Index' here.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
1yorooba:

You found these images from Southy newspapers, so how are they hidden. These Southy people beat you to a pulp and then you run here. angry You shoulda posted your own images bros.

What makes me angry is that you keep saying the same thing that other people are bringing us down. We always say this. Sick of it. We being ourselves down. I'm oppressed sef.

Is Southy oppresing the people of the Naija Delta?

Is Southy giving us tribalism?

Is Southy giving us the wizards b ha'am?

Is Southy giving us Goodluck Jonathan?

Where does our money go every month?

To Ghana?

You won't finish this thing angry

Here too. Same topic https://www.nairaland.com/897396/where-south-africa-without-white

When will it stop? When will I be free in Nigeria?

We can talk about the Niger Delta, BHaram or electricity issues, or even corruption ... the main questions to ask would be how did we get to this level? Who are the culprits? Who are the external forces that enabled the culprits to operate? There'll be all kinds of answers but must that make us lose our sense of respect for ourselves? Why must Nigeria despite our shortcomings be scapegoats for all kinds of insult for no reason?

The more you runaway from dealing with an issue the more it continues to hunt you. My point is ... no one is perfect as such Nigeria/ns must not allow situations where others come to accuse you of things that they are also guilty of. If Nigerians don't speak the positive things by themselves you think anybody will speak for us? It's about continental and international relevance and no one should be afraid to tell the other the simple truth. Open your eyes and you'll see how fairly well we are doing compared to where we where 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago! It will take more time to fix those things that went bad since the military era. It calls for patience which means that we must protect the progress we have made rather than give others room to hold us down with insults, lies, and negative comments.

If you have ever been to SA, Ghana, and some other African countries you'll easily find that all that glitters is not gold. More often we are a huge threat for no basic reason. You'll also discover that their perception of Nigeria/ns is sustained by our silence and lack of will to correct wrong views about Nigeria/ns. The global media also has a hand in spreading wrong info and reinforcing wrong audiences perceptions. The military has been outstanding in crushing violence and insurgency in Nigeria yet the Aljazeeras, APs, CNNs have nothing but negative news to tell about the Nigerian army. So why is that so?

We are the architects of our future.

my point is did't all of that begin and end in Nigeria? What could be the remote or obvious reasons for all of this? When you rationalise the issues on a regional or continental level then you may understand better.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
The African continent's corruption perception index

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hidden truth:

Africa's tallest building could catapult continent into skyscraper big league
Centurion Symbio-City, near Johannesburg, poised to become world's 14th-tallest freestanding structure

David Smith in Johannesburg
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 31 May 2012 12.45 EDT

An illustration of Centurion Symbio-City, which will soar to 447 metres – higher than the Empire State Building
Visitors to the "Top of Africa" have been known to feel a little let down. The observation deck, 50 floors up, at the top of the continent's tallest building, the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa, is somewhat threadbare, with a quaint tuckshop and old photos on the wall.

But plans have been announced for a tower that by 2018 could catapult Africa into the world's skyscraper big league.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup / António Costa, Portugal Prime Minister Resigns Amid Corruption Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.