Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Cameroonpride - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cameroonpride (3025 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: face the topic.

@pagan since they are scared of their choices and they don't want to reply ..can you tell me how those different islam sects entered africa? i mean in Nigeria for example which sect dominates? why? do they have mosques for different sects?

Hey Cameroon bro,

As I am obviously eternally banned from the islamic section, I will reply to your question over here.

Ok THe First islamic sect that entered Africa was through the Rashidun & Umayyad Caliphates. They were followers of the main SUNNI islamic sect and they recognized abu bakr as the first caliph.
Once the Berbers were subdued, they joined the Arabs and went further South and sent missionaries to the Pagan Afrian Kingdoms to convert them.
In most cases however, The African Kings were reluctant to accept islam for 2 reasons:

-they did not believe in it completely as it went against their normal thinking.
-they stood a chance to lose the legitimacy of their thrones by the indigenes if they did anything st.upid like this.

so islamic scholars were mostly present in their courts as ministers/scholars and teachers. In many cases, the Kings would accept islam and syncretize it with Pagan beliefs. this is noted from the Morrocan traveler Ibn Batutah's accounts as well.

However this pure islam was viewed as too harsh by the indigenous Indigenous African tribess (Mandé , Fulani, Berbers, Tuareg,etc.), and so they decided to form their own syncretic school, thereby choosing the Sufi/Tijaniyah sect of islam, which combined their indigenous spirituality and African values to islam. This syncretic islam spread easily throughout the Maghreb and the Sahel.

It includes beliefs in spirits, amulets, etc., along with mainstream islam. this is actually heresy in true islam.
Trust me , Ive seen these weird practices done by muslims in Senegal ,etc., in their mosques. You will be shocked! all their possessions, rituals, etc.

This also gave rise to the Marabout movement. Marabouts combine African spirituality with islam. This is not True islam btw and is heresy.
Anyways today, marabouts are popular and consulted all over the Sahel and the Maghreb. they are like muslim Babalawos. lol

now islam in Nigeria. islam was there in Nigeria, though it was the milder school, similar to the above mentioned. ANyways our rulers got sick of this trash and decided to revert to Paganism.

then Usumane bii Fudiya who was the foloower of one of the purer islam sects (maliki sunnisim), decided to create trouble and our rulers kicked him out , after which he came with his tribe and invaded our Nation.

because of his efforts, most Nigerians follow Maliki Sunnism which is one of the main sects of islam.

However there are Shia, Ismaili and ahmadiyah minorities.

Yes they have different mosques and won't worship in each others mosques due to their different modes of prayer.

the real enemies are the shias vs sunnis.
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
thank you my brother, i thot deols fixed your ban issue. it is none of them could give a clear and straight answer like you. you worth a lot. thanks again.

another question did arabs send missionaries like white did with christianity? or they just follow from what they have read ,hear or watched?
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
No she didn't. shes been asking me for the thread I got banned for but she doesn't realise that the thread itself has been deleted.

and you are welcome.

ofcourse they sent missionaries. However, what the Arabs did was to tackle the ruling class, i.e., the rulers of different Kingdoms in Yemen, Oman, Persia, West Africa, Iraq/Central Asia, etc.

By their tactics, if the ruler fell, then he could force his subjects to accept islam. or the ruler could force the Pagans to pay jaziya. since jaziya is expensive, they would be forced to convert or else be jailed/killed/exiled.

The christians on the other hand, avoided the priestly and ruling class and instead spread the movement through the poor people and the commmoners so they could inturn disrupt the stable system and revolt against the rulers, as in Rome, etc.

they did this through gifts, bribery, sometimes pr.ostitution (as in the Roman Empire, etc. to seduce the people to accept the religion.

This worked in Nigeria especially. If you notice in Nigeria,

in the South-West/South-East, where christianity is more dominant; the ruling class is generally Pagan while the commoners are christian.

in the Northern States, where islam is dominant, the rulers are mostly muslim, while the villagers and poor hold on to Pagan and Animistic beliefs.
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2013
I have more questions, but will post them later...kinda busy wink grin
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2013
sure anytime. wink
Re: Cameroonpride by druid06(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Pagan9ja, you seem to be well versed in subjects like history, art, the origin of mankind and so much more. Was your major in school history and art? or you just got all this knowledge via researching this informations online?
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
haha everyone keeps asking me this question! cheesy

No my major was/is/will be science. However my fisrt and foremost interest has always been the stuff you mentioned.

I got all the knowledge through my personal observation, online/offline research, travel, etc. Everything has contributed to build me up so far. wink
Re: Cameroonpride by druid06(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
haha everyone keeps asking me this question! cheesy

No my major was/is/will be science. However my fisrt and foremost interest has always been the stuff you mentioned.

I got all the knowledge through my personal observation, online/offline research, travel, etc. Everything has contributed to build me up so far. wink

Oh I like young chaps like myself that are willing to read and learn unlike the average Nigerian male engaging in drugs and what not... Nice one bro, keep doing what you do.
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
druid06:

Oh I like young chaps like myself that are willing to read and learn unlike the average Nigerian male engaging in drugs and what not... Nice one bro, keep doing what you do.

you too bro! keep up the good morale! cool
Re: Cameroonpride by deols(f): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2013
pagan is versed, really and to some extent ,tongue truthful.

He says things like the sunnis practice the pure Islam and the sufis are like the babalawos. Very true assessment.

Lemme work on your ban issue but like Cameroon, you have to give me your word.
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2013
i have been banned again deols , help me.

@pagan, why muslims didn't destruct the pyramides and the sphinx like they did with the buddha statues in afghanistan ?
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 25, 2013
shia are the coolest anyway tongue tongue
Re: Cameroonpride by deols(f): 7:18am On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i have been banned again deols , help me.

@pagan, why muslims didn't destruct the pyramides and the sphinx like they did with the buddha statues in afghanistan ?

It means you did not keep to your words. I can't help you this time.

Serve your sentence wink
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2013
deols:

It means you did not keep to your words. I can't help you this time.

Serve your sentence wink

i did , i'm pagan . maybe some people are too sensitive ..none of my comments have been hidden, i didn't insult anyone but i got banned this is unfair
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 25, 2013

Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 26, 2013
religious views put aside . why do sunni & co hate chiite so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3ATuhClrE
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2013
also from what i understand( i may be wrong) muslims are not supposed to call Christians khaffir right? in fact they are not supposed to call monotheist non muslim khaffir no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0b4FJ0jvBo

okay this video doesn't explain the point(i don't find the one who explained it) but anyway in this video the presentator is surprised that he calls christians infidels
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2013

oh ofcourse the tried their best. But they failed miserably. Because the structures were just too strong and powerful for them to destroy. The Ancient Pagan Egyptians surely knew what they were doing.

In some cases , wherever they could reach, they tried to blur the faces of the pharaohs and Gods statues , idols,etc.

for example:

The Arab historian al-Maqrīzī, writing in the 15th century, attributes the loss of the nose of the Great SPhinx of Giza, to iconoclasm by Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahr, a Sufi Muslim from the khanqah of Sa'id al-Su'ada. In AD 1378, upon finding the local peasants making offerings to the Sphinx in the hope of increasing their harvest, Sa'im al-Dahr was so outraged that he destroyed the nose, and was hanged for vandalism. Al-Maqrīzī describes the Sphinx as the "talisman of the Nile" on which the locals believed the flood cycle depended.

(Those i.diotic akata afro-centrists claim that white-supermacists blurred the noses and faces of the statues/idols. bunch of losers. the european archaeologists infact, where trying to preserve and save them. anyways that is another matter. )

This is a reference to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad's companion, Amr bin al-As and his Arabian tribesmen, who invaded and conquered Egypt circa 641. Under al-As and subsequent Muslim rule, many Egyptian antiquities were destroyed as relics of infidelity. While most Western academics argue otherwise, according to early Muslim writers, the Great Library of Alexandria itself--deemed a repository of Pagan knowledge contradicting the Koran--was destroyed under bin al-As's reign and in compliance with Caliph Omar's command.

However, while book-burning was an easy activity in the 7th century, destroying the mountain-like pyramids and their guardian Sphinx was not.

the islamic caliph gave orders to break into and destroy the Great Pyrmaid of Khufu (which btw still survives today).
It was a very expenisve job. his general, Ma’mun ordered his men to break into Khufu’s monument using fire and sharpened iron stakes—first the stones of the pyramid were heated, then cooled with vinegar, and, as cracks appeared in them, hacked to pieces using sharpened iron staves. Ibn Battuta adds that a battering ram was used to smash open a passage. after weeks of labor Haroun’s men finally forced their way in, they found a vessel filled with a thousand coins of the finest gold, each of which was a dinar in weight. When Haroun al-Rashid saw the gold, he ordered that the expenses he incurred should be calculated, and the amount was found exactly equal to the treasure which was discovered!

this was clearly a miracle!

However they couldn't find most of it, because it was buried under the sands. It is as if the Egyptian Gods covered all the Pagan idols, monuments ,etc. with a cloak of sand, to shield them from the invaders.

Most of it was excavated only recently, within the past 100 years.

However recently many islamic clerics have called for their destruction. However if that happens, Egypt's economy that survives on tourism, will collapse and many Egyptians will starve to death. wink
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: shia are the coolest anyway tongue tongue

shias are definitely slightly more tolerant than sunnis.
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: religious views put aside . why do sunni & co hate chiite so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3ATuhClrE

because they view shias as kaffirs who are manipulating the Qur'an and the will of their God. they also refuse to accept the shia view that ali was muhammads successor.
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: also from what i understand( i may be wrong) muslims are not supposed to call Christians khaffir right? in fact they are not supposed to call monotheist non muslim khaffir no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0b4FJ0jvBo

okay this video doesn't explain the point(i don't find the one who explained it) but anyway in this video the presentator is surprised that he calls christians infidels

yes actually christians, jews, mazdaens and sabians are mentioned in the Qur'an as people of the book. and they have preferential status when compared to us Pagans, who are obviously meant to be slaughtered by them. (if they can, that is)
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
deols: pagan is versed, really and to some extent ,tongue truthful.

He says things like the sunnis practice the pure Islam and the sufis are like the babalawos. Very true assessment.

Lemme work on your ban issue but like Cameroon, you have to give me your word.

can you plz unban me from islamic section? Thnx.
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes actually christians, jews, mazdaens and sabians are mentioned in the Qur'an as people of the book. and they have preferential status when compared to us Pagans, who are obviously meant to be slaughtered by them. (if they can, that is)
i'm confused, what makes a khaffir then? I mean if Christians are not khaffir despite not acknowledging that cames fcker called muhamed . I don't know why Pagan are khaffir ? we all believe in God and ours is not a vampire
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

because they view shias as kaffirs who are manipulating the Qur'an and the will of their God. they also refuse to accept the shia view that ali was muhammads successor.
why do they beat themselves when they pray?
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

shias are definitely slightly more tolerant than sunnis.
yea , def. i have a funny video for u lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHPKAPDOck

lwkd , this shia is the bomb
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i'm confused, what makes a khaffir then? I mean if Christians are not khaffir despite not acknowledging that cames fcker called muhamed . I don't know why Pagan are khaffir ? we all believe in God and ours is not a vampire

well Paganism is completely opposite to abrahamism.

islam is basically a copy of christianity which is a copy of judaism, though all 3 have added their own spices to it.

Pagans are kaffirs because:]

1) We "acknowledge" the use of idols for worship. while they use idols but are not brave enough to declare it.

2) We acknowledge the existence of many Gods and spiritual forces.

3) we dont have prophets/man-gods.

4) we acknowledge the use of ritualism.

5) we are not abrahamic and do not care for jewish stories, abraham, moses, noah, etc.

6) we do not dollow abrahamic books and other such compulsive texts.
so on. .

also they detest our relative freedom to do what we want.
Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: why do they beat themselves when they pray?

to re-live the sufferings of ali/hussain and their family in muharram, and to mourn his death.

the same way christians flog or crucify themselves to experience jesus sufferings.

..................and they call us PAGANs barbaric.. tongue

[img]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Shia+Muslims+Celebrate+Ashura+Yangon+eUvKWJO5YZml.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Muslims+Mark+Ashura+In+Delhi+348ogeix1w7l.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Cameroonpride by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yea , def. i have a funny video for u lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHPKAPDOck

lwkd , this shia is the bomb

hahahahahaha bunch of morons. grin
Re: Cameroonpride by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2013
Nice read here.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Christians Not Believe In Luck? / 7 Types Of Repentance / Prophet D. A. Samuel Of Christ Worshippers Church, Warri Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.