Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. (649 Views)

Del Bosque To Continue As Spain Boss / Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil / Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. by Rossikk(m): 12:18am On Jun 24, 2013
The Roja boss believes his side found it tough to contend with the hot and humid conditions in Fortaleza against Nigeria on Sunday

Vicente del Bosque has admitted that Spain's 3-0 Confederations Cup victory over Nigeria was made all-the-more difficult by the conditions in Fortaleza on Sunday.

La Roja looked a little laboured in the final third until Fernando Torres netted shortly after coming on as a second-half substitute to settle Spanish nerves, and Del Bosque believes both their opponents and the heat proved formidable over the 90 minutes.

"It was a tough match," Del Bosque told reporters.

"We had a great opponent and they managed to create a balance in possession, looking for victory. We had control, patience and I think this was an unfair result as both teams should have scored more.

"To have a balance between patience and all-out speed is very beneficial. We had two big opponents today, the heat and Nigeria. Playing 90 minutes in this heat and at this rhythm is impossible."

Roberto Soldado was restored to the starting line-up at the expense of Torres and David Villa, who both netted hat-tricks against Tahiti, but Del Bosque was coy on who would start the semi-final against Italy on Thursday.

"Roberto has done his job and Fernando has done his," he continued.

"A team needs fresh legs. Soldado had a couple of good plays where he was in front of the goalkeeper. We're happy with both [players]."

Jordi Alba was another key player in la Roja's victory, contributing two goals following trademark bursts down the left-hand side, and his coach could not help but applaud his efforts.

"Our system makes it so that players like Jordi Alba can appear in great offensive situations," he explained.

"We didn't lose our balance and had Jordi, who is a splendid player, creating chances.

"I'm more about players than a system of play. Every team needs to have offensive organisation and defensive organisation. We never lost defensive capabilities but we've played a bit more offensively in the second half. In the second half, we defended better."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/5329/confederations-cup-2013/2013/06/23/4069934/spain-had-to-battle-two-opponents-del-bosque
Re: Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 24, 2013
It was indeed a tough game but spain were still the better side. All we needed were good finishers not Ideyerish and Akpallaish strikers who would probably warm the bench if they were a part of the Tahitian squad.
Re: Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. by RedLight1: 1:00am On Jun 24, 2013
our strikers killed our game

i will never forgive idegoat angry angry
Re: Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. by sunnyt1(m): 1:44am On Jun 24, 2013
Seriously, i cant seperate Musa frm Keita
Re: Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 24, 2013
sunny t: Seriously, i cant seperate Musa frm Keita
Musa didn't perform too bad. The culprits for our loss are Ideye, Ideye, akpalla, gambo and ideye.
Re: Scoreline Unfair To Nigeria Says Spain Coach Bosque. by nke001: 8:51am On Jun 24, 2013
sunny t: Seriously, i cant seperate Musa frm Keita
[unquote] [/unquote]
Musa is a better player of the two.

(1) (Reply)

Sports Ministry And NFF Set To Be Going Through Keshi’s List / Rooney Or Kagawa As A 10? / President Jonathan To Host Victorious Golden Eaglets On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.