Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians (4188 Views)

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 24, 2013
SOME REASONS WHY NIGERIANS MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER RELOCATING TO GHANA

1) Stable government: There are two major political parties in Ghana: National Democratic Congress (NDC) and National

patriotic party (NPP). Between these two parties, smooth transition of power is pretty much guaranteed. Ghanaians

refuse to die for some else’s political ambition. Military coupe, upraising, and political unrest are out of the

question because the citizens demand it this way.

2) Stable currency: The current exchange rate right now for Ghana Cedis and the Nigerian Naira is 5 Cedis for 397

naira. Lets say you find employment in Ghana that pays you only 2,000 cedis a month..thats almost 160,000 naira

monthly. Lets do the math…assuming that you are not the type of person that just blows money anyhow…..good

accommodation in Accra runs about 1,000 cedis for 2 years…now if you spend two years working and saving up you would

have made 48,000 cedis…multiply by 80 naira = 3,840,000 nairas you would have made in that two years. And this is just

a 2,000 cedis job..there are jobs that pay way more than this. Basically your money would go further in Nigeria to buld

houses..business…cars…Etc…

3) Peace and Safety: Ghana is a place that upholds the rule of law. Influence doesn’t count for much if you break their

laws: you will face justice. So you can be at ease that if your home or business is broken into..the police will not be

bribed to look the other way. And you wont have to worry about…Boko haram….MEND…Niger Delta hoodlums….and all the other

crazies…that are terrorizing Nigeria. In an environment where there is peace and safety…business thrives..which

generates more income for the owner.

4)Peaceful People: Ghanaians are as gentle as they come…peace loving none aggressive individuals. They live by this

word..Akwaaba…which means welcome in Twi. They are very welcoming and helpful…and will not try to 419 you because you

are a foreigner…Their women are pretty, gentle, and understanding…They also have some of the biggest behind I’ve ever

seen….Their guys are equally good as well..

5) Reliable infrastructure: Electricity is stable, the roads are well built, Hospitals in close proximity, Emergency

ambulance service Etc… even though things are not perfect..they are much better than what Nigerians are used to….so if

you get a chance…pack your things and move my friend…
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 24, 2013
There is nothing good in Ghana angry
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper: There is nothing good in Ghana angry

What is your definition of good? Over-bloated government that cant get basic things done? Then you are right….thats definitely not there…
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Chai.
Imagine Ghana, of all countries trying to feel important. I'll rather move to burundi than a country where almost 20% of its citizens sell kenke and puff-puff on the streets of Lagos.
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

What is your definition of good? Over-bloated government that cant get basic things done? Then you are right….thats definitely not there…

Every single thing about Ghana is bad.. Including the people and the government. Are you Ghanaian boy? lipsrsealed
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by uboma(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper: There is nothing good in Ghana angry

Can u back up ur claims with facts pls! Though I will never encourage anyone to leave Naija for Ghana to pursue greener pastures coz their govt is gradually imposing policies that are not favourable to foreigners including Nigerians who reside there. But what the op presented is very true. I have been to Ghana twice, spent 2 weeks on each visit and its far better than my country Nigeria in so many ways...
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2013
Harbioollah: Chai.
Imagine Ghana, of all countries trying to feel important. I'll rather move to burundi than a country where almost 20% of its citizens sell kenke and puff-puff on the streets of Lagos.
do you have evidence to prove that 20% of Ghanians sell kente and puff puff on the streets of lagos?
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2013
uboma:

Can u back up ur claims with facts pls! Though I will never encourage anyone to leave Naija for Ghana to pursue greener pastures coz their govt is gradually imposing policies that are not favourable to foreigners including Nigerians who reside there. But what the op presented is very true. I have been to Ghana twice, spent 2 weeks on each visit and its far better than my country Nigeria in so many ways...

Theres no evidence needed dear.. Ghana is shit angry

And besides you just proved my point kiss
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Every single thing about Ghana is bad.. Including the people and the government. Are you Ghanaian boy? lipsrsealed
I speak without bias..I am not a Ghanaian I am a Nigerian
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I speak without bias..I am not a Ghanaian I am a Nigerian

Then start building up Nigeria and stop sending people to useless Ghana grin
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Nigeria is at this point past the point of building….it needs a total break down and rebuilding…..corruption is institutionalized in the country…its too late my friend…Ghana is the best option for those that can make it…
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Nigeria is at this point past the point of building….it needs a total break down and rebuilding…..corruption is institutionalized in the country…its too late my friend…Ghana is the best option for those that can make it…

Just say no to Ghana! There is nothing and nobody worth going to Ghana for! angry

Put your head back where it belongs angry

1 Like

Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

"Naija -Good people, not so good govt"

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2013
CFCfan:
"Naija -Good people, not so good govt"

And Ghana is just good for nothing

grin
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by euromoney(f): 7:34am On Jun 24, 2013
Oga knowitall,I don't know where you got this your analysis from really,but comparing Ghana with Nigeria is a no,no for me.Ghana??the inhabitants are suffering talk less of foreigners.there's nothing in Ghana.I've been there many times.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by euromoney(f): 7:35am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

grin
Nothing my dear!
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 24, 2013
euromoney: Oga knowitall,I don't know where you got this your analysis from really,but comparing Ghana with Nigeria is a no,no for me.Ghana??the inhabitants are suffering talk less of foreigners.there's nothing in Ghana.I've been there many times.

See KIA? Nothing in Ghana..
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2013
euromoney: Oga knowitall,I don't know where you got this your analysis from really,but comparing Ghana with Nigeria is a no,no for me.Ghana??the inhabitants are suffering talk less of foreigners.there's nothing in Ghana.I've been there many times.
Where in Ghana did you go? I didn’t compare Ghana to Nigeria I said Ghana was better…in so many ways…..
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Where in Ghana did you go? I didn’t compare Ghana to Nigeria I said Ghana was better…in so many ways…..

Dude! thats comparing. undecided
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

grin

Why hate? Have i said anything that isnt true?
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by texaco1: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2013
uboma:

my guy i lived in ghana for 4years and i only just left in dec last year to europe.if u visit ghana for 2 weeks u will be deceived that it is good.stay for 6months and noone will tell u before u start packing ur bags .
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Dude! thats comparing. undecided
I’m not comparing Ghana to Nigeria…am saying that Ghana is better….they are doing things much better…there is nothing to compare….
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by uboma(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Theres no evidence needed dear.. Ghana is shit angry

And besides you just proved my point kiss

Since u do not have evidence to prove ur claims, then stop condemning Ghana.
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Why hate? Have i said anything that isnt true?

Im not hating... I just dislike Ghana and Ghanaians angry

1 Like

Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2013
uboma:

Since u do not have evidence to prove ur claims, then stop condemning Ghana.

The people will speak on my behalf. angry
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Im not hating... I just dislike Ghana and Ghanaians angry

Its difficult to see clearly when you are looking through the filters of hate….Nigeria can learn a lot from Ghana..they are doing things right…
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by texaco1: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Its difficult to see clearly when you are looking through the filters of hate….Nigeria can learn a lot from Ghana..they are doing things right…
tell me one thing that ghana is doing right.pls
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

<delete everything I wrote a million times cos it was too mean>

Goodnight kiss
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2013
texaco1:

The only thing... They have some cute guys... But the ladies are lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

[size=3pt](just kidding)[/size]
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2013
texaco1:
The Ghanaian government has managed to keep corruption to a minimal……they are expanding their infrastructure…..safety…Etc…
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by euromoney(f): 7:52am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I have been to Ghana many times,I'm not saying ghana is bad but comparing it to naija in terms of greener pasture??Noooooo!.U cant compare ghana 2 9ja in any aspect,even in human capacity.
Re: Moving To Ghana For Greener Pastures Might Be The Best Option For Nigerians by Onyinyechimara(f): 7:56am On Jun 24, 2013
SOME REASONS WHY NIGERIANS SHOULD RECONSIDER MOVING TO GHANA

You ve painted a very rosy picture and its very deceptive I must say

1. The election petition case brought against the ruling NDC by the opposition NPP is still in court over irregularities in the recent DEC 2012 election results which brought Pres MAhama to power. They ve presented evidence of election fraud.

2. Please let's not compare Naira and Cedi. If you want to compare its between £$ and Cedi then you will know the definition of the word 'free fall '

2a. Stop deceiving yourself that anybody is gonna pay you GHc2000 a month. Stop that deception. That's starting pay for doctors ,bankers and engineers and gaining jobs in these areas are not easy cuz they re are very well regulated and ain't no ghanain gonna employ you unless you schooled here then they can trust your CV. And by schooling here anything outside University of Ghana legion or Kwame Nkrumak Univeristy of Scince and Tech will earn you discrimination in your job search so all of you going to those private universities in Ghana, just know that you re dashing them money because when push comes to shove..........the well paying jobs go to LEGON and KNUST graduates and even at that you have to pass well

School fees for Nigerians and foreigners are in dollars mind you . Univeristy of Ghana medical school is nothing left than $10,000 per YEAR so if you think you won't spend money here before you make it better sit down at home.....it's not all rosy

2b. As someone pointed out, there are discriminatory policies against foreigners and to some extent it's true
If you are moving because poverty is driving you from home, well I ve got news for you!!!
Don't expect to come and live here scotch free with some imaginary 2000 salary......you have to pay these every year

Residence permit.......Ghc 1000 per year for nonstudents
Work permit.........yearly renewal otherwise face closure of your business when immigration get hold of you
NOn ghanain identity card.........this is a new one and EVERY nonghanain is required BY LAW to have one of these. It's renewable yearly. I paid a tidy sum for this one..........can't even remember now but nothing less than the Cedi equivalent of $200. Without this one as a foreigner, you CANNOT, I repeat you CANNOT open a bank account, buy property, get employment and a host of other things because they'll ask to see it.

2c. Please stop deceiving yourself that you ll get decent accommodation in the heart of Accra for a mere Ghc 1000. Please show me where you can get such unless you re in a face me I face you. First of all, no landlord in Accra gives one year lease.......it's either you pay for two years or you go outside Accra.

4. Ghanaians have been known to smile with you in your face and behind you or in two mutter all sorts about you( Nigerian ) in twi

For your information, Ghanians are not all that. If they were that welcoming why is its next to impossible for a Nigerian to open account in some of their banks? Standard charted and Barclays come to mind

If by now you don't get it then you ll never get it. They don't want you in their country!!! The only time a move to Ghana would favor you is if you have excess money to spare or you re being sponsored by your company. Otherwise reconsider . If you must spend this type of money go elsewhere and at the end you can even end up a citizen but NOT ghana!!!

I m not here to debate with whoever started this thread , I m here to make sure people who are in need read this and know the facts. Tell yourself what you will OP......this is not meant for you as your mind is already made up and I have no intention nor energy i dare say to endevour to change it so think what you will.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Rather Spend Christmas in Nigeria or Abroad? / My U.s Medical Examination Experience. / Don't Go To Denmark!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.