Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW (7265 Views)

Fuel Queues Worsen Across The Country - PUNCH / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Decryptor: Barth Nnaji, continue with your good work in east let the other zones keep whinning about power-cuts. When Barth was minister and there was improvement, a lot of people called for his head ...Now he has resigned...(How are you doing?)

If indeed Barth was doing wonders as u opined does it not tell u what type of Glory-evading president he worked with who allowed him to go in d 1st place

If u av a supposed turn-around expert in yr cabinet knowing fully well dat Power is one of d indices with which yr tenure is going to be appraised in d long-run then d head of d man dat allowed him to go shud b checked unda an electron microscope!

But afta all said n done,I guess some monumental n scandalous revelations were unearthed under Barth Nnaji which borders on ethics n conflict of interest in some of d Privatization bids of PHCN n Ministry of Power

Just lyk its normally done under a corruption-loving administration,he was shown d security report n told to put in his resignation in order 4 his issues not to be used to embarass d GEJ govt either by d opposition or d electricity workers Union dat he was in battle with at dat that

How else cud he av bn told to leave if his hands were clean!

Don't get me wrong pls,there is a difference between outright commission of fraud,embezzlement n commiting an unethical or interest-laden infraction in d corporate or government circle

He registered some shell/fictitious or fronted 4 som foreign companies to bid 4 som of our DISCOs(Distribution Companies) n ensured those companies got dia bidded companies while blocking better n technically competent investors away

Think people!

3 Likes

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by CrazyMan(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2013
idlaw2k3: Recently the power situation has gone from bad to worse. Yet we still pay a fixed service charge for power we are not getting.
I'm with you on this bro...if PHCN admits that the power supply is worse compared to what it use be, I see no reason why the bills they bring to us should remain the same and in most cases increased.

That's day light robbery.

1 Like

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by agabaI23(m): 10:48am On Jun 24, 2013
This is rainy reason now. We normally have improved power in the rainy reason. What is happening? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by ocelot2006(m): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2013
idlaw2k3: Decentralize power let each state invest in powerplants , generate and distribute power to its indigenes and power failure will be a thing of the past. As long as PHCN remains one large elephant we will never have constant power.

The FG via NERC issued that authorization OVER A YEAR ago.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by ocelot2006(m): 10:56am On Jun 24, 2013
tit: the solution is diversification of power generation.
the gas powered plants are susceptible to sabotage/failure.
the gas supplies come from one source, the volatile niger delta.
the hydro plants are susceptible to weather and the countries through which the rivers pass (Cameroun, Niger,) before getting to Nigeria.

Nigeria needs to add coal powered plants to the portfolio.
we have abundant coal. The US, China, RSA and many other world leaders are dependent on coal to meet their energy demands.
We are only shooting ourselves in the foot if we do not use this natural resource under our feet.

I think a number of coal-fired power plants were planned for Enugu and Cross-River.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by Hamazz1: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2013
What do u expect from a leadership that does d bidding of d international community.ever wondered y 4 refinaries r dead y aluminium smelting Company of Nigeria is now a rice warehouse y ajakuta steel roiling mill is a waste land.this import based economy serves as a pivot a large number of international communities economic income so what do u xpect.

1 Like

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Decryptor: Barth Nnaji, continue with your good work in east let the other zones keep whinning about power-cuts. When Barth was minister and there was improvement, a lot of people called for his head ...Now he has resigned...(How are you doing?)
nnaji still the best power minister ever. Like i always say, this nebo is a failure
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by SilvanusII(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2013
egift:

I see incompetence. You want to reap MEGAWATTS where you sow KiloWatts grin
L̃̾ÕÕ̾Ô=Dcheesy=))winkÕÔÔÕ̾L̃̾ annoying thing is Minister Of Power would av also scored himself high on whatever scoresheet they were reporting on MAY 29th
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by gerald09(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2013
I don't get why Nigeria still depends on oil n gas for everything. Even with solar energy everywhere, I believe Nigerians have a phobia for change. Even if the federal Govt have good intentions n even go as far as providing fund beginning from the Minister of power to the dude dat will guard the equipment will find a way to sabotage the intention. Eventually these same group will complain about the govt. Several years later when the minister is removed from power you will see him on d News, radio, newspapers n the web complaining on hw Nigeria is collapsing. Everyone of us have to work together to make these light thing successful. If the youth of brono state(who must of us call names) can stand up to people with auto weapons with sticks n machete and still succeed why can't Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ all fight with our words n actions? WHY?
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by gerald09(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
Barth Nneji has left us to our faith, when he was the minister of power a lot of Nigerian criticised him n must even said that the reason for the improved power was cos of the *rain*, as a good citizen he even agreed on d removal cos he was interested in owning his own power station which very small amount of Nigerians wuld do, now is raining n yet d light is even worst den is was during dry season. Barth has gone to his state to make money.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by gentle12: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The security agencies should check the home of this guy quoted above for pipe cutting tools!

You are a fool ,the guy was saying the bitter truth,either you like it or not ,we are into this mess together,hardship,but suffering and smiling.WISE UP and stop following bad leaders at your own discomfort,when quality of life like other nations should be your birth right as a citizen and a human being.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by gentle12: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
awodman: I suspect Sabotage...pls govt should step up and secure its power facilities..the "Enemies" of this govt will stop @ notin to discredit it..

You are the number 1 enemy of this Govt. because you have deliberately,ignorantly or mischievously misrepresented the truth from your comments which is capable of misleading the Govt. on the way forward.for your information,we are paying for power that we never consumed,too bad for a Nation ,too bad for a Govt.and too bad for a complacent citizenry
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by otokx(m): 12:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
Is that why we have no light
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by awodman: 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
gentle12:

You are the number 1 enemy of this Govt. because you have deliberately,ignorantly or mischievously misrepresented the truth from your comments which is capable of misleading the Govt. on the way forward.for your information,we are paying for power that we never consumed,too bad for a Nation ,too bad for a Govt.and too bad for a complacent citizenry
Seems you didn't even read the report...if you did you would have seen ωнεяε it was stated clearly that pipelines from Okoloma and Escravos was vandalized...did the report tell you that power plants are not functioning or damaged??

And even going further who even brought this information to public notice??..is not TCN?..they have come out to admit and openly tell you that there is a problem unlike in the past ωнεяε govt officials keep covering their lapses..I think you should commend them ƒσя been Sincere...
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by najoke: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Here is a question Reno Omokiri asked Nigerian some few months back

"Has Electricity Improved in your Area?"

Nigerians are now asking him:

Oga Reno "[size=8pt]Has Electricity Improved in your Area and Aso Rock"

1 Like

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by Peterwins(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
According to the statement, with the loss of 1,598MW, the total power generation as of 2pm on Sunday is 2,290MW.

This is really sad. 2,290MW for a country with a population of about 160M people while Municipalities in South Africa produced 2,400MW.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by mu2sa2: 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
awodman: I suspect Sabotage...pls govt should step up and secure its power facilities..the "Enemies" of this govt will stop @ notin to discredit it..
His ijaw brethren are his enemies?
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by stone07(m): 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
why do u people always have excuses for your inefficiency. What of the period your facilities were not vandalised, do we have light, no.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by Reptyle(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
awodman:
Seems you didn't even read the report...if you did you would have seen ωнεяε it was stated clearly that pipelines from Okoloma and Escravos was vandalized...did the report tell you that power plants are not functioning or damaged??

And even going further who even brought this information to public notice??..is not TCN?..they have come out to admit and openly tell you that there is a problem unlike in the past ωнεяε govt officials keep covering their lapses..I think you should commend them ƒσя been Sincere...

Abeg go and sit down somewhere jooor!!!! So now we should begin to celebrate that it was TCN that announced the drop in power supply. I don't know about you, but some of us have ALWAYS known there was a problem. Some of us refused to join in your celebration of marginal improvements as reported by this same TCN which never translated to improved supply...at least not in my area, Satellite Town, Ojo. I consistently begged y'all who were at the time celebrating phantom 24 hours of constant power in your area to share some "Magawatts" to those of us who live in the "rural areas" of Lagos and other States.

3 years, 2 power ministers and billions of Naira into the life of this government, no meaningful progress has been made in the area of power generation and transmission. That is the FACT! So don't ask me to celebrate that government has told me what I already know my friend!!!
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by APCniga: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Kcxee: Hmmm first of all wat is d website NSCDC www.I no talk....
fool pple dey talk beta thing u dey say rubbish
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by chucky234(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Cant stop laughing in Japanese........
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by blackmale1: 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
I read recently that the much talked about and celebrated 4000 mega watts phcn generated one time is what Tokyo airport consumes...SMH
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by awodman: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Reptyle:

Abeg go and sit down somewhere jooor!!!! So now we should begin to celebrate that it was TCN that announced the drop in power supply. I don't know about you, but some of us have ALWAYS known there was a problem. Some of us refused to join in your celebration of marginal improvements as reported by this same TCN which never translated to improved supply...at least not in my area, Satellite Town, Ojo. I consistently begged y'all who were at the time celebrating phantom 24 hours of constant power in your area to share some "Magawatts" to those of us who live in the "rural areas" of Lagos and other States.

3 years, 2 power ministers and billions of Naira into the life of this government, no meaningful progress has been made in the area of power generation and transmission. That is the FACT! So don't ask me to celebrate that government has told me what I already know my friend!!!
K
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by grandstar(m): 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
government must do its best un secure the pipelines. it needs to brainstorm heavily so stop this economically ruinous pastime in the creeks.
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by trolling(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
jackbauersballs: Gaddem

Nigeria is the land of the Apocalypse

Citizens already living like its the end of the world - No Security, No Power, No Water- You must provide your own security, Power, and WAter yourself,

Hollywood uses this setting as a backdrop in Horror Movies, Nigerians are living it real life.

Africa: land of economic,spiritual,social darkness
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by maasoap(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
Power generation can not improve in Nigeria unless we stop extortion and exploitation currently going on with the crude billing system introduced by Barth Nnaji. This crude billing method rewards govt and private investors (Nnaji inclusive) for generating zero power with fixed charge of #500 monthly. This monthly revenue is enough for any investors that generate close-to-nothing MW. Instead of letting these crooks who called themselves investors rewarding themselves for generating nothing, why not directly attach their revenue to what MW they generate, supply and consume by consumers using proportional increase in per unit charge. As against the current arrangement put in place by Nnaji to reward himself and his cronies in the power sector.

1 Like

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by gentle12: 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
maasoap: Power generation can not improve in Nigeria unless we stop extortion and exploitation currently going on with the crude billing system introduced by Barth Nnaji. This crude billing method rewards govt and private investors (Nnaji inclusive) for generating zero power with fixed charge of #500 monthly. This monthly revenue is enough for any investors that generate close-to-nothing MW. Instead of letting these crooks who called themselves investors rewarding themselves for generating nothing, why not directly attach their revenue to what MW they generate, supply and consume by consumers using proportional increase in per unit charge. As against the current arrangement put in place by Nnaji to reward himself and his cronies in the power sector.

Bravo! you are too much

1 Like

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by exlink: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
we have had dat before
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by andrewza: 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
Peterwins:

This is really sad. 2,290MW for a country with a population of about 160M people while Municipalities in South Africa produced 2,400MW.

and the funny thing is that SA has a shortage of power. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by lastpage: 3:06am On Jun 25, 2013
Slizbeat: Nigeria!!!

A country that gets worse even when Prayer increases.

For over 30 years, we have being praying for Nigeria in distress, yet they keep losing track. With the way our government is running the affairs of this nation, am afraid there would be no hope for the coming generation o0.

Now I don't even have light for up to 6hrs in a day and yet they designated a day for total off after two days of partial 5hrs light brought only at 1a.m to 6a.m when am supposed to be resting while the government themselves enjoys an uninterrupted power supply with all their generating set's fuel tanks connected directly to oil wells.

Just last week, they increase their fixed charge to N750 from N500.

Which way 9ja?

*TYRANTS are never known to change for god ...all by themselves.

*PRAYERS are SCAMS by Nigerian Pastors and MOG's ..... to P.I.M.P the Nigerian MUGUNS!

Until that day, when the OPPRESSED feel the OPPRESSION has reached a Crescendo, WHEN THEY CAN TAKE NO MORE!
That is the day THE MASSES will RISE-UP AGAINST THEIR OPPRESSORS!

In Nigeria's case, that crescendo is set very very high, as a result of our "selfish nature" (just me and me only), our unquestioning nature in matters of Religion and our docile nature, when it comes to asking for what belongs to us.

We are on a long waiting list .....except of course, if we take the bull by the horns... TODAY, TODAY!
wink wink

Learn from the Turkey and Brazil experience, its still on-going.

Lastpage!
Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by lastpage: 3:08am On Jun 25, 2013
maasoap: Power generation can not improve in Nigeria unless we stop extortion and exploitation currently going on with the crude billing system introduced by Barth Nnaji. This crude billing method rewards govt and private investors (Nnaji inclusive) for generating zero power with fixed charge of #500 monthly. This monthly revenue is enough for any investors that generate close-to-nothing MW. Instead of letting these crooks who called themselves investors rewarding themselves for generating nothing, why not directly attach their revenue to what MW they generate, supply and consume by consumers using proportional increase in per unit charge. As against the current arrangement put in place by Nnaji to reward himself and his cronies in the power sector.

Blessed are people like you!
They even increased it to #750/month .... and yet you hardly ever have electricity!
..and they blame saboteurs! angry

"Governance and Political leadership in Nigeria is A SCAM".

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW by dayokanu(m): 3:16am On Jun 25, 2013
So wetin Sincere9jeria wan say about this or what has Retardeen Jonathans administration been doing for 3yrs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Resumes Probe Of Osborne’s $43.4m Cash / Eid-al-adha: Lamentations As Economic Hardship Affects Festival / There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.