Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating (17419 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by collynzo2(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
timecop28:
Dynamo kiev in Ukraine..The league's second top scorer, obviously Nigeria's top scorer in Europe in 2012/2013 season. Do you well remember Uche's performance at the Nations cup?? Aiyegbeni at the World cup?
Quit living in the past bro. These guys mentioned above are finished.
Dead and finished!! T think Ideye should be dropped to the bench though, he's had enough chances.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by scottpirlo24: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
Caleboha: You didn't rate the boss- Keshi. He loves tiki taka football and has successfully raised a team that will contend the midfield with the spaniards- a tremendious feat! He biggest flaw though was fielding an impotent attack and failing to realise that most of the deadliest assaults we suffered was from the right back- no thanks to poor recovery from Efe Ambrose. I'll give him a 5.5. He shouldn't turn his back on patroitic experienced foreign based players again, we paid dearly for it. If Osaze wants to play, give him a chance! Was Ike Uche's poor showing at AFCON enough reason to rule him out totally Martins really wanted to play and was disappointed he was called upon. Overall, Keshi has smtn good up his sleeves
I am so disappointed with some dudes here, if you have ever played football in your life , you will know that this team has more positives than negatives , we need a natural right back or caution Ambrose to always return from overlap, the midfield has been great, any midfield that can challenge inesta, xavi bosquet and fabregas with a fair share of possession are wonderful besides its high time mikel leaves chelsea cos he still an untapped and most under-rated play in the world....Mba need to up his game , had keshi removed him before tores came which was wat am crying in the game , onazi will bring quality back to the midfield..... Musa need to learn how to conserve his energy, make directions, when we had a counter attack with musa and akpala, musa should have taken to ball to d opponent more directly dis will make him have more space ....to be sincere Echiejile has a wonderful tournament.... Keshi is on the right track, we still need the home base player as much as the foreign based ones, osaze will only but kill the game for SE, martins play in a league where they train less than Europe , this SE team have the mind , the hunger , the cohesion, the bite , just lack character, motivation and psychological ups and better strikes
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Kpimp: 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
Kingsley OGBITI: Mikel and Eyeama did well.

Mikel and enyeama really did well.they really impress me.

Ideye I fit swear for am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Ozonna(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
I thank God for this tournament. I believe that the coaching crew have gained invaluable experience from it. We've now seen that Akpala, Gambo, Ujah and Egwueke are not SE materials.

We've also seen that we don't have a good bench or good subs for all our defenders. Keshi must invite Onyekachi Apam (lets pray he'll be fit) and also convince Yobo to stay on the bench when invited. Keshi should look for another right full back so that Ambrose can return to his CB role when needed. Ofcourse, Taye Taiwo should be brought back again so as to keep Echiejile on his toes.

Our midfield is ok. I just pray that Keshi invites Joel Obi once hes fit. Also once Nosa Igiebor settles down, he should also be invited.

As for our attack, let's bring back Martins, Uche brothers,Anichebe and Bright Dike (the big dude that scored a fantastic goal against Catalunya in a friendly just before the Afcon). Don't bring back Osaze biko, his problem is too much.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by collynzo2(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
madanne4real: I still do not know why Michael Eneramo was not invited by the Technical team. He is big, strong and agile. He would have done more than the flat attackers we presented in the tournament. It is a learning curve though.
Akpala and Ujah are big, strong and agile. I know people loke you who were claomouring for their inclusion, they are now singing a new song, no the same song with different lyrics. You might just be one of them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by collynzo2(m): 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Uche didn't have a good nations cup but he's a very good player and scorer. He actually didn't have the kind of scoring chances seen in this confederation cup in the Nations cup.

That Ayeigbeni made an error in the world cup does not negate the fact that he's a killer in front of goal. Another reason why Aiyegbeni and other previous strikers were not doing much was because, when they were there, the midfield was not as good as it is now, so they often had to come and fight for balls. They were virtually feeding themselves instead of the midfielders doing that. Now, that we have a better midfield and scoring chances, it takes the likes of these guys to convert those chances.
Be specific and tell us if you want Yakubu back, so we can rate your brain as well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Jumbocash: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Better luck next time najia 4 life.
Jarus: Some of us had ruled out any chance of making it through to the semis since the blow of final whistle in the match against Uruguay, but Nigerians, known to be incurable optimists, gave them a chance. Well, none of the two permutations came to pass: Spain put three past us, Uruguay pummeled Tahiti. And out the Eagles found themselves.

Yet, the match against Spain wasn’t an entirely bad game for the Eagles, the embarrassing scoreline notwithstanding.

How Eagles performed versus Spain:

1, Enyeama: Saved us from what could have been a monumental embarrassment as, but for him, Eagles could have conceded up to six. Decent game, although he could have also done better stopping one the goals. 6/10

2, Echiejile: Our left back had an average game, although he was outrun and beaten on few occasions by Spanish trademark square-passing. I think he has convinced me that he’s as good as, perhaps better than, Taiye Taiwo, although for competition sake, TT should also be recalled, even if as second choice in that wing. 5/10

3, Oboabona: The La Furia Rojers were too much for him. Caught in the middle of their effective short passes on many occasions, but he was still able to dispossess them of the ball a couple of times. Decent showing, although he could have done better in the first goal. 6/10

4, Kenneth Omeruo: Hard and business-minded as usual. Tough, yet professional tackling. He was having a decent game before he copped injury. 6/10

5, Ambrose: He didn’t overlap much in this match. Sometimes beaten by the swift-footed Spanish forward. 5/10

6, Ogude: Not much was seen of him. This one pass his hard tackles. Neatly rounded on an occasion by a Spanish midfielder I can’t recall. Had a quiet game, probably because of the style of the Spaniards. 4/10

7, Sunday Mba: Did decently to support Mikel in the midfield. He also made a fantastic run at goal before the close of first half. He soon fizzled out in second half and replaced with John Ogu. 6/10

8, Mikel: When you have Xavi and Iniesta as opposition’s midfielders, nobody will give you any chance of making any impact in the midfield. But Mikel actually did, even if the two midfield marshals still held grip of the centre. Mikel held his own against the two veterans. His passes were better than previous matches and reached destination. He exuded confidence remiscent of his under-20 days, making daring runs in the midfield, sometimes beating up to 3 Spanish players. Good game. But water pass garri. 8/10

9, Musa: He played more purposeful football in this match. He freed his Kano pillar former homeboy, Gambo Mohammed with a through pass on one occasion, after waltzing his way through Spanish left and centrebacks, but the Kano man, probably overwhelmed by the occasion , wasted what could have been a consolation goal for the Eagles. 7/10

10, Ideye: He needs to work on his first touch. By now, it is clear that he does better when he plays as a supporting striker, like he did at AFCON. 4.5/10

11, Akpala: He didn’t do much upfront. Ramos clipped his and Ideye’s wings and our lively occasions in front came from Musa in the wings. 4/10

http://jarushub.com/2013/06/24/player-rating-nigeria-vs-spain/
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by scottpirlo24: 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
[b][/b] I am so disappointed with some dudes here, if you have ever played football in your life , you will know that this team has more positives than negatives , we need a natural right back or caution Ambrose to always return from overlap, the midfield has been great, any midfield that can challenge inesta, xavi bosquet and fabregas with a fair share of possession are wonderful besides its high time mikel leaves chelsea cos he still an untapped and most under-rated play in the world....Mba need to up his game , had keshi removed him before tores came which was wat am crying in the game , onazi will bring quality back to the midfield..... Musa need to learn how to conserve his energy, make directions, when we had a counter attack with musa and akpala, musa should have taken to ball to d opponent more directly dis will make him have more space ....to be sincere Echiejile has a wonderful tournament.... Keshi is on the right track, we still need the home base player as much as the foreign based ones, osaze will only but kill the game for SE, martins play in a league where they train less than Europe , this SE team have the mind , the hunger , the cohesion, the bite , just lack character, motivation and psychological ups and better strikes ....keshi should pick the best players irrespective of the tribe , we all should not forget that spain is a team with group of players since 2008 , so as the most countries.... Y would wonder why Brazil had to butt big boyz ? Despite mikel already played at the highiest level yet he interacts with home base players.... I love the discipline in the team, do you all know that Nigeria had no yellow card against spain, that show we are doing good
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Ajasnoop: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Jarus: Some of us had ruled out any chance of making it through to the semis since the blow of final whistle in the match against Uruguay, but Nigerians, known to be incurable optimists, gave them a chance. Well, none of the two permutations came to pass: Spain put three past us, Uruguay pummeled Tahiti. And out the Eagles found themselves.

Yet, the match against Spain wasn’t an entirely bad game for the Eagles, the embarrassing scoreline notwithstanding.

How Eagles performed versus Spain:

1, Enyeama: Saved us from what could have been a monumental embarrassment as, but for him, Eagles could have conceded up to six. Decent game, although he could have also done better stopping one the goals. 6/10

2, Echiejile: Our left back had an average game, although he was outrun and beaten on few occasions by Spanish trademark square-passing. I think he has convinced me that he’s as good as, perhaps better than, Taiye Taiwo, although for competition sake, TT should also be recalled, even if as second choice in that wing. 5/10

3, Oboabona: The La Furia Rojers were too much for him. Caught in the middle of their effective short passes on many occasions, but he was still able to dispossess them of the ball a couple of times. Decent showing, although he could have done better in the first goal. 6/10

4, Kenneth Omeruo: Hard and business-minded as usual. Tough, yet professional tackling. He was having a decent game before he copped injury. 6/10

5, Ambrose: He didn’t overlap much in this match. Sometimes beaten by the swift-footed Spanish forward. 5/10

6, Ogude: Not much was seen of him. This one pass his hard tackles. Neatly rounded on an occasion by a Spanish midfielder I can’t recall. Had a quiet game, probably because of the style of the Spaniards. 4/10

7, Sunday Mba: Did decently to support Mikel in the midfield. He also made a fantastic run at goal before the close of first half. He soon fizzled out in second half and replaced with John Ogu. 6/10

8, Mikel: When you have Xavi and Iniesta as opposition’s midfielders, nobody will give you any chance of making any impact in the midfield. But Mikel actually did, even if the two midfield marshals still held grip of the centre. Mikel held his own against the two veterans. His passes were better than previous matches and reached destination. He exuded confidence remiscent of his under-20 days, making daring runs in the midfield, sometimes beating up to 3 Spanish players. Good game. But water pass garri. 8/10

9, Musa: He played more purposeful football in this match. He freed his Kano pillar former homeboy, Gambo Mohammed with a through pass on one occasion, after waltzing his way through Spanish left and centrebacks, but the Kano man, probably overwhelmed by the occasion , wasted what could have been a consolation goal for the Eagles. 7/10

10, Ideye: He needs to work on his first touch. By now, it is clear that he does better when he plays as a supporting striker, like he did at AFCON. 4.5/10

11, Akpala: He didn’t do much upfront. Ramos clipped his and Ideye’s wings and our lively occasions in front came from Musa in the wings. 4/10

http://jarushub.com/2013/06/24/player-rating-nigeria-vs-spain/

Jarus Keep up the good work

I know this is maybe being greedy, however will it be possible to also do a rating for the opposing team so we can put the performance of the eagles in perpective?

what this ensures is that we can assess our team's performance relative to our opponent. So if for instance you are scoring Ogude 4/10 I will not expect you to score Xavi more than 5/10 and if you score Mikel 8/10 then I will be expecting Iniesta to score 10.5/10
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by MEILYN(m): 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
lordimpaq:

In my opinion, he should have 6/10 as he held his own and did quite well after his introduction.

The miss was not just unforgiveable, it was blasphemous...he should score 0.5/10...
lol lwkmd
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Mopolchi: 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abit foncused what rating to give these dudes- Ideye, Efe, Musa, Gambo, Akpala? Can any help?
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by collynzo2(m): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
dabossman:

You are so correct. It's really amazing when I hear some Nigerians throw names like Osaze, Martins, Yobo around and they suggest we would have been better if those guys were in the team. Have we so quickly forgotten how we failed to qualify for Germany 2006, or the disaster that was South Africa 2010. Were this not the same guys who couldn't beat South Korea, even when 3 points would have ensured qualification to the next round? Were these not the same guys who failed to qualify for AFCON 2012? So, what makes them all of a sudden the magicians that will ensure us success?

Keshi has done a good job so far. To think we could have won the Confeds Cup is nothing buy wishful thinking. We were never considered among the favourites, but I have not seen the Eagles play with such fluidity and confidence in a very long time.

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by collynzo2(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
akinzy_akin: Peepz seriously keshi nidz an adjustment...
2 me
E nidz lykz of martinz and osaze includong taiwo
With a striking force of osaze moses and martinz and we av a midfielder lyk Mikel and also av a replacement for martins such as emenike...den taiwo as a replacemenrt of echejile...as well as his oda players...I tink dis wuld b a great team
Pls I think super eagles wuld reach sumwia mor beta dan dis if dis dude can follow dis
Pls like ma status if you agree
You actually suggested Emenike sshould be benched for Martins and you are begging people to like your status? Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by bigwallace(m): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
I tink the guys played well,but we still nid players lik yobo,taiwo,odibe,haruna,the two uche brodads,anichebe,am not 2sure about martins and osaze!!but players lik gambo ,ujah,akpala,egweke,babtunde.shud nt near national team again for life!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by cashful(m): 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nice rating. Just to add that the inexperience shown on the part of the CD pairing of Oboboana and Egwuekwe should be counted as normal since they are still progressing and this competition serves as a learning curve for them. Hope they improve on their game subsequently.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by ersonleads(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
Naija mield field rily contended with dat of d spanish,d only diff in d game ws dere strikers dat ws gud,jst asume we made use of doze clear chances dat ws wasted,at least d game 4 end 3-2 or 2-1...kudos 2 naija team sha...am impressed buh keshi needs 2 act on d attacks made up of ideye,gambo,babatunde nd akpala by offloadin dem
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by enlady(f): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
ManTiger: Keshi should made Ideye and Musa cut their hair. With that Mohawk, Ideye resembles an Armed Robber while Musa resembles almanjiri. An armed Robber's mind will never be stable hence he can't control the ball once, made a good turning and bury the ball inside d net, he headed agood ball directly to the keeper, i repeat, Na army robber he be! Almanjiri's problem na food.
For missing that Goal, it is highly criminous in nature and Gambo should face firing squad.
Above all, Keshi should return 25% of all goodies he got for winning nations cup to Orphanage.
While Martins "Weapon of Mass destruction and the former Inter Milan Whizkid" should be recalled.
I bow my coco.
chei, your mouth na die!!! Comedy live on nairaland!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Soso990240(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
ManTiger: Spain: 8 Barcelona players, 2 Real Madrid Player, 1 ManChester City player and 1 Chelsea player.
Nigeria: 1 Chelsea Player, Eyeama and 9 moving objects.
We couldn't have performed better. The different is clear, Spain is different from Catalonia.
u go just de thief people comment,join dm 2gether to get ur own comment.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by vislabraye(m): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

Not just that ooo. Can't see the likes of Iroha, Finidi George in this team ooo.
U can't find anoda Finidi or any player in de 94 set.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by ChukChinCol(m): 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
Provided there is failure, the coach must be at the receiving end. Had he fielded Osaze,Martins and co and they played this woeful, same Nigerians would be asking why didn't he invite hungry players like Ideye,a player who won the golden boot in Ukraine bla bla bla. I remembered when Utaka dem lost form people were clamouring for change. In this country everybody na Mourinho.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by akinssan(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Gambo was a mis-match, Brown ideye, uhm no comment!!! No striker at all...Baba K, should shop for strikers. To me the Eagles perform well. 7/10 cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by outseba(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
I am not disappointed in dis team @ all,this is a work in progress and I hope it continues. Keshi shld b applauded so far for he's vision and he's plans. Many pepl forget that this present spanish team is as a result of years of planning. Many hv forgotten that spain once held the title of perrenial underachievers (a title once shared with the dutch). My only hope is that Keshi is allowed to do he's job. On the part of the footballing,I wil say one of my joys was watchin Mikel and memories of 2005 filled me. If only he can leave chelsea and develop as an attacking midfielder(this guy was 2nd to messi for God's sake). As for Gambo and Ideye,not much to say but that we should pls allow keshi,let him keep looking for other strikers to either replace or boost this teams bt pls no odemnwigie and martins abeg. That guy whu scored agains catalonia,where is he self?wldnt mind having him back. Another option for ambrose and 1 or 2 CB incase smth happens to omeruo and oboabona. This team tried and I was impressed. Plug d loopholes and they wil b world beaters.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Ninilowo(m): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
I THANK GOD FOR ENYEAMA OOOO COS PPLE WERE ALREADY CALLING FOR HIS HEAD. KI LO LE TO BEE?
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by akandea(m): 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
The scoreline was not a true portray of the match cos the Nigeria I saw yesterday deserve better. It been a while since any team had really worried Spain like this. The boys were very impressive with the exception of the attackers. Musa tried yesterday but was not ambitious, I can only guess that he was following the coach's instruction because there were some runs he had yesterday he could finish on his own which he passed. I can't wait for Moses, Emenike and Onazi to get back from injury since no one is ready to fill their roles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Ajpharm(m): 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
When An "I.diot" gets married to a "Yeye" person, the product is ======>IDEYE
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by vislabraye(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
scottpirlo24: I am so disappointed with some dudes here, if you have ever played football in your life , you will know that this team has more positives than negatives , we need a natural right back or caution Ambrose to always return from overlap, the midfield has been great, any midfield that can challenge inesta, xavi bosquet and fabregas with a fair share of possession are wonderful besides its high time mikel leaves chelsea cos he still an untapped and most under-rated play in the world....Mba need to up his game , had keshi removed him before tores came which was wat am crying in the game , onazi will bring quality back to the midfield..... Musa need to learn how to conserve his energy, make directions, when we had a counter attack with musa and akpala, musa should have taken to ball to d opponent more directly dis will make him have more space ....to be sincere Echiejile has a wonderful tournament.... Keshi is on the right track, we still need the home base player as much as the foreign based ones, osaze will only but kill the game for SE, martins play in a league where they train less than Europe , this SE team have the mind , the hunger , the cohesion, the bite , just lack character, motivation and psychological ups and better strikes

The only reason Osaze should be dropped is indiscipline. Other than dat, we need him. But what abt Anichebe, de Uche brothers or Martins.
Can U tell me dat Gambo or Babatunde were better options? That's where Keshi missed it. He didn't choose good subs for Victor Moses and Emenike.
I think he went overboard depending so much on home based players. The responsibility was tOo much for dem to handle.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ajpharm: When An "I.diot" gets married to a "Yeye" person, the product is ======>IDEYE
Dude, why the insult?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by Rossikk(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

Not just that ooo. Can't see the likes of Iroha, Finidi George in this team ooo.

Finidi would have made this team. Definitely. In fact this team's style of play is tailor-made for Finidi George. Efe Ambrose reminds me a bit of him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating by tayokem(m): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
Plots of land for sale at Ijoko , close to Sango Otta round about for only 100 thousand naira per plot. Pls call. Tayokem on 08028798556 or email tayubash@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jelks, Okagbare Shine For Nigeria / Masai Ujuri, Toronto Raptors Win NBA 2018/19 Champions (video) / Victor Anichebe Laments About His Knee Injury [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.