Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . (978 Views)

What Would Happen If Muslims Were To Boycott Anything To Do With The Jews? / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God Beware!!! Muslims Are Penetrating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
If muslims are not idolators, I have a question for you. if you think yourself so free of idolatory, I dare you to stamp on your Qur'an or piss on the walls of the nearest mosque. you won't do that yes? why are you attaching divine importance now to these materials made of wood, stone and paper. this is also idolatory. go on stamp on your prophets grave, I dare you, if you are not idolators.

now you know why the wahabbi Al-Sauds destroyed all the graves of muhammads companinions and Aishas home, etc. .

1 Like

Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
na brother wrong analogy IMHO, i'm not defending those blood suckers but are you saying you don't pee on a shrine because your whorsip the shrine? i think it has more to do with respect .i'm not saying they are not idolators but i think you took a wrong example.

peace b with u

1 Like

Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
doesn't respect lead to idolatory too

what does it mean to "idolize" someone? to admire, respect, revere that person?

I mean, the reason I dont piss on a shrine is because after experiencing so much spirituality, the very structure assumes a Spiritual Idol-like role.

Infact this might also explain why muhammad didnt destroy the Ka'abah. and why muslims bow to it. The very structure has turned into 1 Great Idol dedicated and symbolizing Allah.

lets face it. THey bow to it. they circuambulate it. they kiss it.

THese are all characteristics of what someone would do to an idol.

In pre-islamic times, they did all of the above to the different Gods' idols residing in the Ka'abah shrine. now they do it to the Ka'abah itself. undecided

Even now if you visit Pagan shrines in South/South-East Asia, I have seen them do all of the above to their Idols representing Gods.

what do you say?

wa alaikum assalam.

1 Like

Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
doesn't respect lead to idolatory too

what does it mean to "idolize" someone? to admire, respect, revere that person?

I mean, the reason I dont piss on a shrine is because after experiencing so much spirituality, the very structure assumes a Spiritual Idol-like role.

Infact this might also explain why muhammad didnt destroy the Ka'abah. and why muslims bow to it. The very structure has turned into 1 Great Idol dedicated and symbolizing Allah.

what do you say?

wa alaikum assalam.

my knowledge on islam is far to b complete , but from an ex. christian point of view , i think this will be difficult to prove. because where do you draw the the limit between whorshipping something and using something to whorship . you will also have to show us that faith can grow , what i mean by that is can you elaborate your : "so much spirituality" how do we know it so much/too much spirituality?

besides good topic but trust me they will never accept , they will advoid such threads christians and muslims are the same they refuse to learn

peace b with u bro
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

my knowledge on islam is far to b complete , but from an ex. christian point of view , i think this will be difficult to prove. because where do you draw the the limit between whorshipping something and using something to whorship . you will also have to show us that faith can grow , what i mean by that is can you elaborate your : "so much spirituality" how do we know it so much/too much spirituality?

besides good topic but trust me they will never accept , they will advoid such threads christians and muslims are the same they refuse to learn

peace b with u bro

Exactly! we Pagans do not worship the idols. we use the Idols to Worship the Spiritual Forces. However we all know that SPiritual Forces affect the material world and our material lives. (which is why we worship them in the first place).

SO don't you think that these objects that come into too close contact with Gods/SPirits and SPiritual Energies also imbibe a part of it.

As to how do we know it, that is experience. I cannot write a bunch of words here. If you visit a shrine, you will experience the overpowering SPiritual presence of the site. I'm sure the same is experienced in the Ka'abah too.

it is well-known that many muslims are reduced to tears when they visit the Ka'abah.

right they will mostly avoid such threads. anyways it won't stop them from seeing it. wink

Wa alaikum assalam.
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Exactly! we Pagans do not worship the idols. we use the Idols to Worship the Spiritual Forces. However we all know that SPiritual Forces affect the material world and our material lives. (which is why we worship them in the first place).

SO don't you think that these objects that come into too close contact with Gods/SPirits and SPiritual Energies also imbibe a part of it

As to how do we know it, that is experience. I cannot write a bunch of words here. If you visit a shrine, you will experience the overpowering SPiritual presence of the site. I'm sure the same is experienced in the Ka'abah too.

it is well-known that many muslims are reduced to tears when they visit the Ka'abah.

right they will mostly avoid such threads. anyways it won't stop them from seeing it. wink

Wa alaikum assalam.

* just like jews in front of the wall of lamentations
* just like me in front of the grave of my late aunt

does that mean i whorship her grave?
you are contradicting yourself, if we don't whorship idols from what you said that simply means they don't either.you are kinda right for the objects tho, i don't know for others but i felt special and honored with my blessed crucifix.(gold Chain)
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

* just like jews in front of the wall of lamentations
* just like me in front of the grave of my late aunt

does that mean i whorship her grave?
you are contradicting yourself, if we don't whorship idols from what you said that simply means they don't either.you are kinda right for the objects tho, i don't know for others but i felt special and honored with my blessed crucifix.(gold Chain)

but cmon! we know what purpose the grave serves and what purpose the Ka'abah serves. you dont have to be a genius to deduce that.

and btw muslims believe that God resides in the Ka'abah. its like saying , the Spirit of a God resides in an idol . undecided
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

but cmon! we know what purpose the grave serves and what purpose the Ka'abah serves. you dont have to be a genius to deduce that.

and btw muslims believe that God resides in the Ka'abah. its like saying , the Spirit of a God resides in an idol . undecided
like i said i don't know much about islam . i asked her and she said no .

wow never knew they believed that? shocked shocked then that's pure idolatry
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: like i said i don't know much about islam . i asked her and she said no .

wow never knew they believed that? shocked shocked then that's pure idolatry

ok. dude they call it "Bayt Allah". God's house.

what do you expect. a house is where one lives. undecided
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok. dude they call it "Bayt Allah". God's house.

what do you expect. a house is where one lives. undecided

but does it matter? i mean we ain't supposed to care about what they believe in? i don't have anything against seeking knowledge. we should just promote our ideology . what do you think?

Anyway i'm not very surprised we know that their religions come from paganism so it is/was difficult for him/them to remove any trace of paganism , it shows that his message wasn't coming from God anyway.
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

but does it matter? i mean we ain't supposed to care about what they believe in? i don't have anything against seeking knowledge. we should just promote our ideology . what do you think?

Anyway i'm not very surprised we know that their religions come from paganism so it is/was difficult for him/them to remove any trace of paganism , it shows that his message wasn't coming from God anyway.

spot on bro. You are right.

however this was just for knowledge/mockery purposes and for demoralization of the infidels.
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

spot on bro. You are right.

however this was just for knowledge/mockery purposes and for demoralization of the infidels.
[/color]you are also right bro, it is a good technique but we should focus more on opening threads about different pagan religion .of course fighnting them is not excluded ...whe will demoralize them ..i will dream will become true . no Christianity , no islam etc hummm what a beautiful world cool cool

i have a question tho off topic, i know we are not asked to judge people but is a moderate muslim a real muslim?
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by mahdino: 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
If muslims are not idolators, I have a question for you. if you think yourself so free of idolatory, I dare you to stamp on your Qur'an or piss on the walls of the nearest mosque. you won't do that yes? why are you attaching divine importance now to these materials made of wood, stone and paper. this is also idolatory. go on stamp on your prophets grave, I dare you, if you are not idolators.

now you know why the wahabbi Al-Sauds destroyed all the graves of muhammads companinions and Aishas home, etc. .
At the time of the prophet Mohammad(saw) he order his companion to climb the Kaaba and call prayer, which idolator will allow u to step on his idol. We respect the Kaaba but we dont worship it, the fact that all muslim from anywhere in the world face the direction of Kaaba to pray is not that we are worshiping the kaaba, but is a symbol of unity that all muslims face one direction and go round it is oneness. u know a circle has only one center. All these demonstrate unity and oneness. u said stamp or piss on walls of the nearest mosque? It is only someone who is insane that will go to his bed and poo or piss. A place or manual u live, stay or use always u cant dare piss in your parlour or bedroom, not that u are worshiping your parlour.
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

all religions practice idolatry.
they can deny it all they want but they do.

1 Like

Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
*Kails*:

all religions practice idolatry.
they can deny it all they want but they do.

kiss

Agreed
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
pagan really making sense here
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by druid06(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
@Pagan9ja

kindly enlighten me on the difference between a Shia muslim and Sunni. Don't they practice Islam the same way? Why are there grudges, enemities and disparities between these two groups of Islamic sect.
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
druid06: @Pagan9ja

kindly enlighten me on the difference between a Shia muslim and Sunni. Don't they practice Islam the same way? Why are there grudges, enemities and disparities between these two groups of Islamic sect.

The differences between these two main sub-groups within Islam initially stemmed not from spiritual differences, but political ones. Over the centuries, however, these political differences have spawned a number of varying practices and positions which have come to carry a spiritual significance.
Origins - A Question of Leadership

The division between Shia and Sunni dates back to the death of the Prophet Muhammad, and the question of who was to take over the leadership of the Muslim nation. Sunni Muslims agree with the position taken by many of the Prophet's companions, that the new leader should be elected from among those capable of the job. This is what was done, and the Prophet Muhammad's close friend and advisor, Abu Bakr, became the first Caliph of the Islamic nation. The word "Sunni" in Arabic comes from a word meaning "one who follows the traditions of the Prophet."
On the other hand, some Muslims share the belief that leadership should have stayed within the Prophet's own family, among those specifically appointed by him, or among Imams appointed by God Himself.

The Shia Muslims believe that following the Prophet Muhammad's death, leadership should have passed directly to his cousin/son-in-law, Ali bin Abu Talib. Throughout history, Shia Muslims have not recognized the authority of elected Muslim leaders, choosing instead to follow a line of Imams which they believe have been appointed by the Prophet Muhammad or God Himself. The word "Shia" in Arabic means a group or supportive party of people. The commonly-known term is shortened from the historical "Shia-t-Ali," or "the Party of Ali." They are also known as followers of "Ahl-al-Bayt" or "People of the Household" (of the Prophet).

Religious Leadership

Shia Muslims believe that the Imam is sinless by nature, and that his authority is infallible as it comes directly from God. Therefore, Shia Muslims often venerate the Imams as saints and perform pilgrimages to their tombs and shrines in the hopes of divine intercession.
Sunni Muslims counter that there is no basis in Islam for a hereditary privileged class of spiritual leaders, and certainly no basis for the veneration or intercession of saints. Sunni Muslims contend that leadership of the community is not a birthright, but a trust that is earned and which may be given or taken away by the people themselves.

Religious Texts and Practices

Shia Muslims also feel animosity towards some of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad, based on their positions and actions during the early years of discord about leadership in the community. Many of these companions (Abu Bakr, Umar ibn Al Khattab, Aisha, etc.) have narrated traditions about the Prophet's life and spiritual practice. Shia Muslims reject these traditions (hadith) and do not base any of their religious practices on the testimony of these individuals. This naturally gives rise to some differences in religious practice between the two groups. These differences touch all detailed aspects of religious life: prayer, fasting, pilgrimage, etc.

Also of note are certain spiritual, ritual and religious practices.

Example, Shia Muslims consider sites associated with Muhammad, his family members (Ahl al-Bayt) and descendants (including the Shia Imams), their companions, and the Prophets as holy places. After Mecca and Medina, Najaf and Karbala are the most revered by Shias, whereas they are considered idolatrous temples by sunnis.

shias do lot of tomb worship and other such things. shias also do chest-beatings and flog themselves on muharram and other such days to remember alis sufferings. such practices are considered Kuffar by sunnis.

The Shia version of the Shahada, the Islamic profession of faith, differs from that of the Sunni. The Sunni Shahada states There is no god except God, Muhammad is the messenger of the God, but to this the Shia append Ali is his [Muhammad's] wasi (caretaker) and God's wali. This phrase embodies the Shia emphasis on the inheritance of authority through Muhammad's lineage. The three clauses of the Shia Shahada thus address tawhid (the unity of God), nubuwwah (the prophethood of Muhammad), and imamah (imamate, the leadership of the faith).

The Occultation is a belief in some forms of Shia Islam that a messianic figure, a disappeared imam known as the Mahdi, will one day return alongside jesus and fill the world with justice.

all these things are considered as shirk in sunnism. Theredore the sunnis consider them as infidels and apostates as they are not going exactly by the book.

Also the grudges date ages ago with each group trying to exterminate and kill indivduals of the other and destroy eeach others places of worship.
Re: If Muslims Are Not Idolators. . by druid06(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
So basically one section recognizes Mohammed's friends as their Leader and the other recongnizes his family. So this is the basis of the incessant killing and destruction of thousands of lives if not millions and properties. Sorry to say but this is pathetic, fighting for someone who's dead and gone and if he was alife, wouldn't give a shi-t. Thanks for enlightenment all the same, it was truly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Why Could Jesus Easily Keep The Law, But We Can't / My Thought As A Free Thinker / Living Together As Brethren In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.