Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd (15506 Views)

Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" / It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Warns Martial And David De Gea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by obembet(f): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits it hurts to see Liverpool lift the title after 30 years but believes it will be difficult for Manchester United's arch rivals to dominate as Sir Alex Ferguson's side did.

Solskjaer offered his congratulations to Jurgen Klopp and his players after Manchester City's defeat at Chelsea on Thursday night confirmed Liverpool as champions.

He said: 'First of all, any team that wins the championship and a Premier League deserve it and deserve credit. It's a hard league to win, so well done to Jurgen and his players.

Every time you see anyone else lift the trophy it hurts. I reckon that's the feeling everyone associated with Man United, players supporters, we want to get back to winning ways and that's our challenge.'

United went 26 years without a league title before winning it 13 times 20 years under Ferguson, and Solskajer doesn't expect Liverpool to dominate in the same way.

'The run of titles we won under Sir Alex isn't going be easy for anyone to emulate,' he added. 'Sir Alex was a master of staying at the top.

'Our challenge is to make sure we don't go 26 years until the next time we win it or more, we're going to do everything we can to shorten the distance or go past them.

'I don't think it's time to say how far we're behind. We are in a position now we have to improve. One, we have to get in the Champions League, higher up in the league, start challenging, that consistency and efficiency is a challenge.

'At our best we are very good, we have to do that whatever day it is – Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday – do it again and again, that's the challenge for our players going forward.'

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8462805/amp/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-warns-Liverpool-difficult-dominate-like-Manchester-United.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
That's true Ofc
It's a new era and it's going to be harddd asf

Tbh he is right. It was easier fr Man United to dominate in the 90's because they had no rivals in terms of revenue . But he's really fuxked up saying it was easier and Alex Ferguson is basically a shyt whisked nosed Arrow (OLE's words) until Abrahamovic took over Chelsea and United were second best in terms of trophy haul even tho Chelsea had several managers they won more than United but after 2004 Ferguson isn't actually the Man UTD make him out to be undecided undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by grimandevil: 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nobody said he will be like Ferguson, he is alright d way he is. Plus he doesn't bribe ref tongue

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by SirDanny7(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Congrats To Liverpool YNWA

Gather Here For A Selfie all liverpool fans

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by NwaNimo1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2020

78 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by paroh137(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
angry

They've not settled down from winning the league baba. Which own be domination? Lemao

Bring Cashapp funds to me make I buy. Instant payment, sweet rates.

5 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by 2kurupt(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Who ask am?

28 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by DanHaske: 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
That's the feeling of every man utd fan. We are meant to be at the very top

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Sheyone(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
His headache

7 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Sunnycliff(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Let them celebrate their winning and trophy first.

I am a man u fan but let's spare them time to celebrate their trophy. Not time for these words my coach.

20 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by demzey(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Lol see them, bad belle, you have already gone 7 years play play, play play grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Andrew13: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
but they dominated before man u na, life na turn by turn cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by HolyTitus(m): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
Who ask for him advice

20 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by decrownprince(m): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
K
Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by paulolee(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
yes...that's his opinion, but what i think is that
1..klop isnt aiming to dominate like feguson because i dont see him staying in that club for more than 20yrs
2..Ferguson have really paid his dues and really tried and it would be difficult for any English coach to outclass him
3..klop or pep dont have to stay longer and win more trophies like Ferguson for them to make thier clubs and fans happy, besides i prefare a pep kinda coach going the way he plays and dominate teams than fergie did bt jus that he isnt lucky with winning the ucl with city..

7 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
[quote author=eastermonday75 post=91138049][/quote] what's your problem kidd shocked
Why quoting FTC embarassed embarassed
Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Martinez39s(m): 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by fredoooooo: 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Alaye congratulate dem and face ya team grin

22 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by kendrick9(m): 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Useless coach... Focus on your team and leave the champions alone

17 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
[quote author=eastermonday75 post=91138049][/quote]what's your problem kid shocked
Why quoting FTC
LEAVE ME ABEG embarassed embarassed
Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by TreasureTayo(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin
Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by pode(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
E pain this man reach bone

16 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chaii e dn happen
I no see person quote again
cc ; lalasticlala embarassed cry cry
Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Judolisco(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
That's none of his business

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by obembet(f): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
The rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool has been there for a long time and it's very clear. Since I started watching football, I have never seen any player moving from utd to Liverpool or Liverpool to utd but I've seen Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal buying from one another. Utd bought Matic and Mata but they have never sold to Chelsea. They bought Van Persie and Sanchez from Arsenal to weaken Arsenal. Now, we are jealous of Liverpool. I think we should face our job and work hard to go back to the top

10 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
grimandevil:
Nobody said he will be like Ferguson, he is alright d way he is. Plus he doesn't bribe ref tongue

Manchester United started moving backward after the invention of VAR

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by openmine(m): 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Martinez39s:
angry
Oga Martinez how far nah? grin grin
I hear say u cry full ageepee on thursday grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by OPPPS: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
What's witchcraft?

Witchcraft is when Chelsea football club beat Manchester City football club and Manchester United football club and their fans are the one seriously in severe pains

8 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd by EbukaHades10(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Klopp said it himself also so what is Ole trying to prove/say?

Make he go play for sand jare

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/klopp-liverpool-cannot-replicate-premier-league-dominance-of/aaba40m6up8p1jktfu88zvql6

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erik Ten Hag Gives Brutal Rating Of Manchester United’s Display VS Aston Villa / The Three Times Messi Was Set To Leave But Didn't: Will There Be A Fourth? / Emmanuel Amuneke Appointed As Coach Of Al Khartoum Watani, Sudanese Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.