Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match (8454 Views)

Enyimba Fc's Infographic After 1st Round Of The 2014/2015 Season / Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by funkymedina: 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
my thread was closed and this was mysteriously opened with the same source and story ? mukina whats going on? I checked before i made the thread to made sure no one had opened a similar thread, where did this come from? seriously ?? the first reply to this fake thread is at 9pm almost 3hrs after it was supposedly opened.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by sholay2011(m): 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
pls, how do I convert 13.00 BST into Nigerian time? Thats when Serena is playing tomao.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
snellsun:
Jokovich all d way...

Nope!!!
Federer al d way.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
oyeleyemaureen: too bad for the world no 4
No. 5
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by mamagee3(f): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nadal was probably tired and exhausted after winning the French open barely two weeks ago
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by sholay2011(m): 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^^^^ That's not true! !!!!!!
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by Basilona(m): 12:09am On Jun 25, 2013
Afam4eva: Djokovic can now wrap things up.

You betcha!
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by Basilona(m): 12:12am On Jun 25, 2013
Nope!!!
Federer al d way.[/quote]

Old Roger is dead...get used to the rhyme
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by tayoast(m): 12:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Djokovic beter win this.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by churific(m): 2:03am On Jun 25, 2013
Wpw
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by churific(m): 2:06am On Jun 25, 2013
This is shocking but I don't like him. One less person Roger Federer, who is still the best player on grass, has to deal with on his way to making history at Wimbledon.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by Danielotuya(m): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Saint Chukz: You are right. And he definitely won't go down as the greatest.That title still legitimately belongs to the Swiss Master and Maestro....Roger Federer.

Not to forget that Roger only has one french open title...thanx to Soderling. Truth be said Rafael rules clay as does Roger on grass bt the latter is a better all-rounder than the formal. Stil doesn't make me love him though
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by sholay2011(m): 7:08am On Jun 25, 2013
Abeg make somebody ansa naa....what tym is Serena playing today?
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by iykofias(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2013
Saint Chukz: You are right. And he definitely won't go down as the greatest.That title still legitimately belongs to the Swiss Master and Maestro....Roger Federer.
don't u tink u'r bn sentimental,roger federer is more worst on clay than nadal on grass.beside when d two meet (from 2010 till date) d bookmakers always favours nadal. Altho federer is more technical buh nadal exhibit a bruta force,passion and speed('d animal')
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by sholay2011(m): 7:48am On Jun 25, 2013
^^^^^^^^ Federer is the greatest....not Nadal. cool
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by metti(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2013
shocked shocked
Saint Chukz: Nadal is only King on Clay...but when it comes to other surfaces, he is just Average. Am not surprised at all...just that it was an early ouster, always knew he would be sent packing @ one point or the other. Now..the coast is clear for my No.1 choice. Novak Djoko...the Beast....!smiley
You are wrong! How can you call him an average player on other surfaces? Are you aware he has won wimbledon twice, US open once Australian open once? It doesn't take an average player to win any grand slam.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by kliq(m): 7:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Damn! sad
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by kliq(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2013
JOYCEOUS:

Nope!!!
Federer al d way.
Nadal was to be....but now: Murray all d way grin grin
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by valenti12(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2013
More squeezes to his frowny face. tongue
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by meselo2002: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2013
Next time, Dear Rafael

Today's newspaper is tomorrow's suya paper.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by SaintChukz(m): 8:37am On Jun 25, 2013
iykofias: don't u tink u'r bn sentimental,roger federer is more worst on clay than nadal on grass.beside when d two meet (from 2010 till date) d bookmakers always favours nadal. Altho federer is more technical buh nadal exhibit a bruta force,passion and speed('d animal')
Nope, i wasn't being sentimental at all. If i was, then my choice would have been Novak...because i actually see him as a fine mix between Federer and Nadal...i know in years to come Novak will become the greatest..but for now that accolade goes to the Swiss Maestro...Roger Federer.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by SaintChukz(m): 8:42am On Jun 25, 2013
metti: shocked shocked
You are wrong! How can you call him an average player on other surfaces? Are you aware he has won wimbledon twice, US open once Australian open once? It doesn't take an average player to win any grand slam.
Yawns...the fact that he won on other surfaces once or twice doesn't negate the fact that he is just Average on those surfaces. I can list a handful of players who were average who also won once or twice on different surfaces. The yardstick i have used is that if he can't easily replicate on other surfaces what he does with ease on the clay surface, then he is simply or maybe "slightly" above average on those surfaces.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by iykofias(m): 9:00am On Jun 25, 2013
Saint Chukz: Nope, i wasn't being sentimental at all. If i was, then my choice would have been Novak...because i actually see him as a fine mix between Federer and Nadal...i know in years to come Novak will become the greatest..but for now that accolade goes to the Swiss Maestro...Roger Federer.
I'm nt disputing d fact dat roger is d gr8test tennis player ever (because he is) but d point I'm tryin to mak is dat evri accolades he has earned was because of his achievement on grass surface alone_he av won 1 french open title in so many years. hence u wil b unfair tryin to focus nadal on grass surface instead of clay whc is he's strongpoint(1 U.S, 8 french,2 winbledon,1 australia_ plus d fact dias stil more to come ). Nadal has more percentage to win on grass than federer on clay. Nadal have surprisingly shattered federer in recent years regardless of d surface bn played.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by PassingShot(m): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2013
iykofias: I'm nt disputing d fact dat roger is d gr8test tennis player ever (because he is) but d point I'm tryin to mak is dat evri accolades he has earned was because of his achievement on grass surface alone_he av won 1 french open title in so many years. hence u wil b unfair tryin to focus nadal on grass surface instead of clay whc is he's strongpoint(1 U.S, 8 french,2 winbledon,1 australia_ plus d fact dias stil more to come ). Nadal has more percentage to win on grass than federer on clay. Nadal have surprisingly shattered federer in recent years regardless of d surface bn played.

You are WRONG especially at the bolded. After Nadal, The FEDEX is the next best clay tennis player. He made the final of Garos on numerous occasions only to lose to Nadal. Which means if not for Nadal, he would have pocketed 2 or 3 more French Open titles. Even in 2011 when the so-called tennis "experts" had Djockovic winning the semi final with Roger, especially considering Djocko's form and achievement that year, Federer proved all wrong by winning in 4 sets. So Federer is all-rounder while Nadal is just above average on other surfaces apart from RG. QED.

1 Like

Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by iykofias(m): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2013
Passing Shot:

You are WRONG especially at the bolded. After Nadal, The FEDEX is the next best clay tennis player. He made the final of Garos on numerous occasions only to lose to Nadal. Which means if not for Nadal, he would have pocketed 2 or 3 more French Open titles. Even in 2011 when the so-called tennis "experts" had Djockovic winning the semi final with Roger, especially considering Djocko's form and achievement that year, Federer proved all wrong by winning in 4 sets. So Federer is all-rounder while Nadal is just above average on other surfaces apart from RG. QED.
why hasn't he won d davis n olympic cup then unlike nadal
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 25, 2013
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by PassingShot(m): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2013
iykofias: why hasn't he won d davis n olympic cup then unlike nadal

So Davis Cup and Olympics rank higher than what he has in your opinion? By the way he has bronze and gold (doubles) in Olympics. Or does he have yo win ALL before you accept him as the truest champion? SMHFY.

1 Like

Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by Tropilo(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2013
sholay2011: Abeg make somebody ansa naa....what tym is Serena playing today?

2pm 9ja time.

1 Like

Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by metti(m): 10:41am On Jun 25, 2013
Saint Chukz: Yawns...the fact that he won on other surfaces once or twice doesn't negate the fact that he is just Average on those surfaces. I can list a handful of players who were average who also won once or twice on different surfaces. The yardstick i have used is that if he can't easily replicate on other surfaces what he does with ease on the clay surface, then he is simply or maybe "slightly" above average on those surfaces.
You yard stick is wrong. How about Federer who has won only once on the clay but seven times on grass? Would you call him an average player? I know you will argue that he has won US open and Australia open several times but remember that Nadal is only 27 years. He can still play for some years his only albatross is injury. You don't call any player rated among the greatest an average player. Any player who has won the four major grand slam at least once is among the greats.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by sholay2011(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Tropilo:

2pm 9ja time.
Tnx bro.
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by iykofias(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2013
Passing Shot:

So Davis Cup and Olympics rank higher than what he has in your opinion? By the way he has bronze and gold (doubles) in Olympics. Or does he have yo win ALL before you accept him as the truest champion? SMHFY.
ds cups r playrd on grass n 4 ur information davis is a major competition,I see u av made up ur mind
Re: Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match by iykofias(m): 11:24am On Jun 25, 2013
Passing Shot:

ds cups r playd on grass whc makes federer a favourite ova nadal n 4 ur information davis is a major competition,I see u av made up ur mind already

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Manchester United Vs Chelsea 2-1 – Highlights & Goals / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / (1:0) 2 H Means What. HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.