Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,556 members, 7,770,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:41 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (142543 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
Post your photos of houses in Igbo villages here. No photos of cities, towns or other urban areas please.

Igbos know what we mean by ''village'' (that place you go to in your state of origin every celebration time)

Village houses in Abia State

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chris-OD:
Post your photos of houses in Igbo villages here. No photos of cities, towns or other urban areas please.
Village houses in Abia State
AS I don't STAY IN VILLA NKO?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
chidindufrank: AS I don't STAY IN VILLA NKO?

No problem. Others will support you.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by obyrich(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
That's Orji Kalu's house in his village, Igberre.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
obyrich: That's Orji Kalu's house in his village, Igberre.

Yes, the first and second one only. The rest are photos from other villages in Abia

@topic
If not for the untarred road and unused blocks, this below passes for anywhere overseas.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
op you want to let the other side 2 know whad up.And see what we can do from our sweat and blood,if i post houses in my villa some might not sleep well tonight cool cool

or shall we?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
Those pictures are from Abiriba which is arguably the finest village in Nigeria. I've never been to any other village like that in my life where every house is new and decent.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
More Abia Villages

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
ak47mann: op you want to let the other side 2 know whad up.And see what we can do from our sweat and blood,if i post houses in my villa some might not sleep well tonight cool cool

or shall we?

Please post
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo: Those pictures are from Abiriba which is arguably the finest village in Nigeria. I've never been to any other village like that in my life where every house is new and decent.

There are powerful houses around Okija side in Anambra State as well
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
More Abia villages

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Another village far from the ones above

2nd pic villa in Abia

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
On another note, can we classify Abiriba as a village going by the population ans cluster of houses. Maybe we could call it semi-urban. The word "village" which Igbos use to depict their hometowns gives outsiders a wrong impression of the true state of things. Oguta for example is an urban area but many Igbos don't know.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
@ ABA...village does not mean under development places they call village in UK is better than abuja..

Chris-OD:
More Abia villages
ok i will go my villa and take pixs soon
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
ak47mann: @ ABA...village does not mean under development places they call village in UK is better than abuja..

ok i will go my villa and take pixs soon

I understand but in Nigeria what non-Igbos view as Igbo village is that poor area with bad houses often depicted in most Nollywood movies. If I tell someone I'll be travelling to my village, what he thinks about is a red, rusty-roofed rural area.

5 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo: On another note, can we classify Abiriba as a village going by the population ans cluster of houses. Maybe we could call it semi-urban. The word "village" which Igbos use to depict their hometowns gives outsiders a wrong impression of the true state of things. Oguta for example is an urban area but many Igbos don't know.

Per Igbo definition, Oguta is a village like other villages where during celebrations people do not travel out from but travel into.

A city will have tarred roads, banks, civil service edifices, huge hospitals, etc. Many (not all) typical Igbo villages lack these things. If you look at the planning of the buildings you will also see that it is everyone to themselves. But Igbo villages have the best buildings and serenity in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo:

I understand but in Nigeria what non-Igbos view as Igbo village is that poor area with bad houses often depicted in most Nollywood movies. If I tell someone I'll be travelling to my village, what he thinks about is a red, rusty-roofed rural area.

So it is up to you to inform them with this thread. BTW, you can only find mud houses in small parts of Enugu and Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo:

i can see ur point
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo: Those pictures are from Abiriba which is arguably the finest village in Nigeria. I've never been to any other village like that in my life where every house is new and decent.
Have you been to Awka-Etiti?

7 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

No long talk, please post Awka Etiti photos. We are not comparing Igbo villages. We are showing non-Igbos our villages

12 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
This is one of the numerous back roads that links Abia with Akwa Ibom. The main roads are from Aba and Umuahia

Deep in these villages are magnificient buildings city people will only dream of

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chris-OD:

No long talk, please post Awka Etiti photos. We are not comparing Igbo villages. We are showing non-Igbos our villages
Sadly, I do not have pictures from the village as I'm far away now except pictures of our little hut. I'll post our hut though

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
Igbo-ukwu

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Igbo-ukwu

It does not show anything, bro. Try again
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I've actually been to every village in Imo and Anambra States. I've not gone round Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Awka-Etiti has many rich people with powerful houses but it is same almost across Imo and Anambra in that populous part of Igboland between Orlu/Ihiala, Nnewi, Ekwulobia and Awka. The difference between those places and Abiriba is that there is a mix up of everything like you find in a city but Abiriba is like a highbrow residential area of a city.

Oguta is a well layed out town. I'll get pictures next time I travel.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Somebody is building an agro-industry deep in the ''jungle''

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Expensive72(m): 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
Oh how I wish I have my own picture from my area in Ihiala....
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by asha80(m): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
this should be in culture section.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
Op, am nt in ma villa nw. Bt wen I do get there, am sure to bring in Enuff pix. My villa in Anambra is like a city...a small city
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Les: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
you lie, look at the roads,very muddy and untarred... But come to Anambra state, my village in Idemmili to be precised, almost if not all the roads are tarred and then see houses, no tok am again o..

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
asha 80: this should be in culture section.

Why? Read the topic again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.