Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143628 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by sol2galay: 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mugu 1,

I say it again, anyi talaugba nwuo mmi, ndi agbagba na kuruma. You can spend all your money and build house for termites, that one na your own business.

Me, I no dey that one. So shift now, MUHEHEHEHE.

this guy is lost,sorry for your mama

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by everyday: 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
This one no be village again.Development is gradually taking over

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

It means first daughter of a family.

First daughter of someone of good status.
grin grin
Are you sure about that? grin The bolded above just simply means 'Ada' in Igbo!. Ada can also loosely mean daughter (any daughter, not necessarily first daughter). AdaObi is a coinage of two words, Ada and Obi meaning 'First daughter of an Obi' or 'First daughter of a King'. Obi means king. In other words, Adaobi means 'Princess'. Roger that? smiley

Adaeze is another name with the same meaning.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by shitshappen(m): 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
ak47mann: she is not a politician by the way..

i think i know this lady, she rides a hummer 2 with the same licence plate " afikpo chic"
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:
grin grin
Are you sure about that? grin The bolded above just simply means 'Ada' in Igbo!. Ada can also loosely mean daughter (any daughter, not necessarily first daughter). AdaObi is a coinage of tow words, Ada and Obi meaning 'Daughter of an Obi' or 'Daughter of a King'. Obi means king. Roger that? smiley

Okay embarassed
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
These are not Nigerian village photos. I have been to Nigeria before and village buildings there are not so much different from the Zulus in SA.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123:

Okay embarassed

Lolol. grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lolol. grin

Im learning embarassed
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
all4naija: These are not Nigerian village photos. I have been to Nigeria before and village buildings there are not so much different from the Zulus in SA.

Thank you about that. There are different places in Nigeria. Maybe you're referring to the north. grin This is Igboland and South-east and some part of south-south! smiley tongue

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
all4naija: These are not Nigerian village photos. I have been to Nigeria before and village buildings there are not so much different from the Zulus in SA.
I know you're just joking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Decryptor(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Maybe you visited the South-West.

6 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by lordnammy(m): 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
gidson12:
chai guy u dey bring back my memories.....lol our 'airport' then.......you know basilica.....the best mamaput joint
good old days wen eva I visit home I will visit that mbaukwu again
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
My villa is the happening place o grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
I move a motion that this thread be deleted until January to allow people take pictures when they travel for Xmas as we need more pics and less talk.

If you agree with me, click like.

10 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sunny_bobo: I move a motion that this thread be deleted until January to allow people take pictures when they travel for Xmas as we need more pics and less talk.

You lie bro. grin grin grin grin grin grin

However, we will keep the thread alive for you till next Xmas

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by nextexcel: 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
Meeen east has changes alot i mean igbos are moving last time i visited my village and my mums home i was indeed baffled,still hustling away from home to get money then go back their and have my name registerd,i belife thats d signeture of an igbo son,am proud to be part of u guy.

6 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by lordnammy(m): 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sunny_bobo: I move a motion that this thread be deleted until January to allow people take pictures when they travel for Xmas as we need more pics and less talk.

I second †ђξ motion cos no Nanka A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Agulu House is here

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by addicted268(f): 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
lordnammy: I second †ђξ motion cos no Nanka A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Agulu House is here
I third d motion! tongue lol
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
lordnammy: I second †ђξ motion cos no Nanka A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Agulu House is here
Supported.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Thanks Onila and others for posting grin small world indeed. Smh
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
abagoro:

Why are you guys angry that Abiriba is a fine village? I've been round and round Idemili and Nnewi and all their good and bad roads as well as the beautiful individual houses but none of them is like Abiriba as a whole town. If its about personal house, I assure you my house is one of the finest in Nigeria.

This link gives an insight into Umoji and its difference with Abiriba.
http://umuoji..com/2010/04/umuoji-progressive-tri-state-uiu-north.html?m=1

You are a complete joke,abagoro. You are osting the pictures of a dilapidated secondary school that was renovated by UIU United states. You are a complete loser. I thought you were gonna show pictures of houses in Umuoji,which you claimed to have been to. Anybody who takes you serious is sick in the head.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by lordnammy(m): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
adaobi123: My villa is the happening place o grin
yes ur place is a memorable niche especially if u are a giant that pass thru mbaukwu back in the dayz
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ojiofor: Odenigbo Aroli:

Dude,stop making these bogus claims;You haven't been to Umuoji,yet. When you visit Idenmili ask them to take you to Urumkpu ndiagu so you can shut up. You claim to have visited every part of Anambra like its the first time you are lieing. If you know Anambra villages very well you won't be arguing like this. In Anambra,we believe in that old adage that say "Aku luo uno,amali onye kpalia". You haven't even seen a good 5% of Anambra wonders. Nwoken,jee suo ike na oche. Just post the danm pictures make we see. I wish I was in Naija make I show you the pictures of Alor-London.

JUST POST PICTURES OF UR VILLAGE...ME THINK THIS THREAD IS ALL ABOUT PICTURES..IF U THINK UR VILLAGE IS BETTER THAN ABIRIBA AS SOMEONE SUGGESTED,POST IT HERE LETS SEE AND STOP CHEST BEATING.

Dude,I stated it in my post,I am not in Nigeria. Do you have something in your eyes ?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
lordnammy: yes ur place is a memorable niche especially if u are a giant that pass thru mbaukwu back in the dayz

cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
kinglove:

This Afikpo Chic seems to be Maria "Uzo" Egwu. Maria Egwu was a prostitute and a madam in U.S.
She appeared on Howard Stern show. Is she still with her lesbian lover? What is she doing in Naija now?

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/03/nyregion/woman-admits-guilt-in-internet-prostitution-case.html
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/item_q3cYwDlpRADDDYUocWA2JL
Cops have busted an upper East Side prostitution ring that advertised hourly rates as high as $4,000 and allegedly was run by a frequent guest of the Howard Stern show, authorities said yesterday.

Christ Madonna! shocked shocked

I've always wondered how she made her money. I knew it wasn't pure buy thought it was from drugs or some 419. Check out her resort in Afikpo here;

http://junglejournalist..co.uk/2012/05/afikpo-chic-unveils-maria-island-resort.html?m=1
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by DoffMan2: 12:03am On Jul 01, 2013
sol2galay:

this guy is lost,sorry for your mama

Dats not a guy. She's an Edo/anioma halfbreed

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by dekingboy: 12:03am On Jul 01, 2013
Where are those brothers that lyk to run mouth.....Igbos like money ,yes cos we dnt rely on rapacious politics and government to run our lives....We make money they say is rituals cos the lack they sense.PROUD TO BE NWAFOR ONWEDI...TAAAAA LEKWAHA NDIARA....LELE....HACHO IRIM IMPOSIBLE.AM TO TOUGH FOR DAGA.

6 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:05am On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=onila] imo state[/quote

And you are from Imo,right ?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 12:07am On Jul 01, 2013
REALITY101: Thanks Onila and others for posting grin small world indeed. Smh
cheesy you know one of the houses I posted cheesy
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by DoffMan2: 12:08am On Jul 01, 2013
dekingboy: Where are those brothers that lyk to run mouth.....Igbos like money ,yes cos we dnt rely on rapacious politics and government to run our lives....We make money they say is rituals cos the lack they sense.PROUD TO BE NWAFOR ONWEDI...TAAAAA LEKWAHA NDIARA....LELE....HACHO IRIM IMPOSIBLE.AM TO TOUGH FOR DAGA.

Guy, u fall hand hia. Post pics or keep shut!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by lordnammy(m): 12:12am On Jul 01, 2013
addicted268: cool cool
I third d motion! tongue lol
cool
Yeske!:
Supported.
u guys are there
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:17am On Jul 01, 2013
okpara ugo:

Agreed but all the villages in Anambra state can pass for cities although not as rich as Abiriba ohafia.

Here we go again; Why are you comparing them. Is Abiriba richer that Amichi or Awka-Etiti ? Why do you people always find the need to bring Anambra into your sshit ? Men,leave us out of your chest beatings. Try Enugu,Ebonyi nor Imo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.