Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan (1944 Views)

Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / Top 15 Grammatical Blunders Patience Jonathan Has Ever Made! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Not sure what i was thinking but I was gonna do a google search on "grammatical blunders" and guess what? Most of the results pointed to Patience Jonathan and close to half of these came from Nairaland while the rest came from some other Nigerian sites.

This might be an inconsequential issue but it raises a bigger question. Questions like, why Nigerians like bringing down their own, why we are always quick to display the worst news about our country before anything else? In the case of the first lady, Nigerians have succeeded in associating her name with grammatical blunders and it raises the question of the regards we have for her position/role.

The truth is that, their is no perfect country and what these other countries have done is find ways to keep the negative news to the minimal while focusing their media broadcasts on the positives.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
[img]http:///kTBUKTKw[/img]
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by chiefhumanbeing(m): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
TRUE TALK MY BROTHER BUT I THINK THAT OUR FIRST LADY SHOULD ALSO DO A LOT OF RESEARCH GRAMMATICALLY BEFORE COMING TO THE WORLD STAGE TO DISGRACE US.

3 Likes

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
?
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Garrithe1st: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:
why Nigerians like bringing down their own, why we are always quick to display the worst news about our country before anything else? In the case of the first lady, Nigerians have succeeded in associating her name with grammatical blunders and it raises the question of the regards we have for her position/role.

Blame the dullard who has been bringing shame to the nation with her verbal missiles..
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by texaco1: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
the op himself needs to take up english classes

1 Like

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
texaco1: the op himself needs to take up english classes
Don't even go there with me mister! Focus on the topic or leave the thread with respect
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
chiefhumanbeing: TRUE TALK MY BROTHER BUT I THINK THAT OUR FIRST LADY SHOULD ALSO DO A LOT OF RESEARCH GRAMMATICALLY BEFORE COMING TO THE WORLD STAGE TO DISGRACE US.

I seems to know you ...
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by texaco1: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Don't even go there with me mister! Focus on the topic or leave the thread with respect
shaaaaaaaaarap
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Garrithe1st: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Maxymilliano:

I seems to know you ...

O gini kwa??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
@OP if you continue to worry YASEF about how people behave in this our CONTINENT called Nigeria, then you will get sick and die and all your SHIDREN will become WIDOWS.But we are sure that even in death YOUR MANHOOD will continue to live on.

But God forbid because it is not YA portion to PLESS YA HAND inside bad thing.I know you would rather KILL YASEF than COMMIT SUICIDE.

Don't be angry with my advice because me and you IS A GOOD PEOPLE.

Forgive those people that insult our dear Madam PJ,because afterall WHO BORN THEM? wasn’t it not a woman? And remember they were once A SHIDREN.
And also remember that a Good Mother takes care of HIS SHIDREN.

Lastly @OP we should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY.

May God cover all of us like UMBLERA

16 Likes

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Linoversace: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
That's about the only thing i know her for tongue
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

O gini kwa??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

The dude is someone I know personally, and just getting to read his post for the first time on NL ... wink

@Chiefhumanbeing, thought you are now HighChiefhumanbeing ?

1 Like

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The dude is someone I know personally, and just getting to read his post for the first time on NL ... wink

@Chiefhumanbeing, thought you are now HighChiefhumanbeing ?
I believe he's poking fun at your for the typo

People, this thread is not about speaking/writing correct English angry angry
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Horus(m): 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
2legit2qwt: Not sure what i was thinking but I was gonna do a google search on "grammatical blunders" and guess what? Most of the results pointed to Patience Jonathan and close to half of these came from Nairaland while the rest came from some other Nigerian sites.

This might be an inconsequential issue but it raises a bigger question. Questions like, why Nigerians like bringing down their own, why we are always quick to display the worst news about our country before anything else? In the case of the first lady, Nigerians have succeeded in associating her name with grammatical blunders and it raises the question of the regards we have for her position/role.

The truth is that, their is no perfect country and what these other countries have done is find ways to keep the negative news to the minimal while focusing their media broadcasts on the positives.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sUN9OPId8II/Tws-cortARI/AAAAAAAAALE/5flm2VB-7v8/s320/most%2Bfoolish%2Bpresident%2Bever%2Bin%2Bnigeria.JPG[/img]

Shocking Google Search Result for Jonathan

You know how google automatically corrects or makes suggestions when you type a search term? - A recent search In Google for "Most Foolish President ever In Nigeria" was auto corrected to be "Do you mean GoodLuck Jonathan?" this is just unreal.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:
I believe he's poking fun at your for the typo

People, this thread is not about speaking/writing correct English angry angry

shocked shocked tongue
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
2legit2qwt: Not sure what i was thinking but I was gonna do a google search on "grammatical blunders" and guess what? Most of the results pointed to Patience Jonathan and close to half of these came from Nairaland while the rest came from some other Nigerian sites.

The reason is that Google already know you are from Nigeria from your IP address and there are probably cookies on your device that tracks you online.

If you delete the cookies and hide your IP, you wouldn't have that search result.

2 Likes

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 12:34am On Jun 25, 2013
kingphemy:

The reason is that Google already know you are from Nigeria from your IP address and there are probably cookies on your device that tracks you online.

If you delete the cookies and hide your IP, you wouldn't have that search result.
Definitely not. I thought this was the problem as well until i cleared my browser's cache and cookies, it came up with the same result. Tried a different browser and even a different computer/ip as well, still the same thing.
Texas.Cowgirl:

shocked shocked tongue
Cow! That was a typo angry
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 25, 2013

GTFOH! Clown. So, you love mediocrity?
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 4:27am On Jun 25, 2013
kingoflag:

GTFOH! Clown. So, you love mediocrity?

No, i don't. You're the jester if you can't contribute anything meaningful other than raising your postcount.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by chukxie(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2013
Blame it on the people tasked with preparing her speeches. Blame it on her for not always taking time out to peruse her speeches before delivering them. Blame it on the poor state of our education sector. By the way, I've seen worse grammatical blunders on NL than Madam Dame spews!
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by wordcat(m): 6:15am On Jun 25, 2013
We talk while we can.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by texaco1: 6:26am On Jun 25, 2013
chukxie: Blame it on the people tasked with preparing her speeches. Blame it on her for not always taking time out to peruse her speeches before delivering them. Blame it on the poor state of our education sector. By the way, I've seen worse grammatical blunders on NL than Madam Dame's.
my brother the ghagun wey dey nairaland ,e pass the one of patience goodluck
e.g

Re: Ukrainian Cargo Plane Grounded In Kano For Carrying Military Hardware by Spiritmask : 1:26pm On Jun 16 The plane should cease ( Quote ) ( Report ) ( L[b][/b]ike)
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 25, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Definitely not. I thought this was the problem as well until i cleared my browser's cache and cookies, it came up with the same result. Tried a different browser and even a different computer/ip as well, still the same thing.

Use a foreign IP using one of those IP proxies or manually enter a US or any other foreign IP address in your connection. You wouldn't have that.

I just tried it.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by 2legit2qwt: 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
kingphemy:

Use a foreign IP using one of those IP proxies or manually enter a US or any other foreign IP address in your connection. You wouldn't have that.

I just tried it.
My ip is foreign. I don't think it has anything to do with my ip (foreign) or cookies (a different computer at work)
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 4:22am On Jun 27, 2013
Her excellency!!!!!

Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Mogidi: 4:53am On Jun 27, 2013
Check out the catalogue of mistakes by the former most powerful president in the world GW Bush.

Nigeria is the only place in the world where folks fight and argue on who speaks a foreign language better, this is why we have the likes of Obahiagbon.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by funnyx(m): 7:20am On Jun 27, 2013
@OP do a google search on Yoruba, you'll also see a lot of unprintable and ridiculous statements about Yorubas posted on the Internet by fellow Nigerians. You can do a google search on other tribes and it won't take you long before you conclude that Yorubas are the most abused ethnic group in Nigeria courtesy of fellow Nigerians because google don't manufacture these links it merely direct you to the websites where they originate from.
Re: Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2013

(1) (Reply)

APC Governors Oppose Autonomy For Nigeria’s Local Governments / Corruption In Federal University, Oye-ekiti (fuoye)..a Cry Out!!! / APC Will Take Over Nigeria In 2015 - Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.