Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Traveling To Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Ghana (13554 Views)

Naira To Ghana Cedi / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 25, 2013
Thank You Jesus
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2013
Thank You Jesus
Re: Traveling To Ghana by TableLeg(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2013
nunogomez: Hi , friends I intend to travel to Ghana @ the end of June via lagos by bus, I don't have a passports, I don't know anyone in Ghana , this is my first time, can someone pls tell me how much it cost from lagos to ghana, and the implication for not having a passport, and if anyone is going to ghana anytime soon, can we can make the journey 2gether?.

Go and find a poff poff seller in your neighbourhood, he or she will tell you how they got into Nigeria and who made the journey with them!

Hang on a sec, why are you planning on going to Ghana when you dont know anyone there?!

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ghana by 360command: 9:37am On Jun 25, 2013
Go to ABC transport, Chisco transport, ekene dili chukwu, efex, cross country, edegbe , edo line, God is good motor etc they all go to Ghana .make sure you take your id card with you so as dey can record your name. When you reach accra, ghana look for cheap hotels in circle,accra at least for 2k to 3k. Around the area, there is a club called 'vienna city', there are nigerians there. That should be a good start to get your hustle moving. Travel cost is between 7k to 12k depending on the transport service. Bigger buses like ABC,chisco charge less. No much implication travelling without passport but its good to travel with valid document.
Re: Traveling To Ghana by adepojuot: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Your name Na oyo,without your ecowas passport you cannot go to Ghana,they will need your ecowas passport to process ur travel stuff at the international motor parks. there is offices at each parks responsible for issue of travel document.or you want to go through desert??
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
first if you try to go to Ghana without a Visa or the ECOWAS passport you will get ur self into big trouble.....first the Ghana police will just detain you at the border...they will think you are either doing 419 or pushing drugs....ill suggest you get the proper documents before you even try it....
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Mr knowitall,is like you know much about Ghana.is Ghana good for biz and what type of biz cn one start in Ghana? I am a bizman and i believe so much in legit biz.tanks
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Lawmann: Mr knowitall,is like you know much about Ghana.is Ghana good for biz and what type of biz cn one start in Ghana? I am a bizman and i believe so much in legit biz.tanks

Ghana is a very good place to do business if you are business minded...the electricity is stable...stable

government....good infrastructure....people have money to spend.......the type of business you can start depends on the

amount of money you have....let say you have about $2,000...i would suggest you get a stay first.....then after

that...start a Jamaican restaurant...if you can cook or partner up with someone.....Ghanaians have a taste for Jamaican

food for some reason...you will sell out everyday...
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 3:28am On Jun 26, 2013
Tanks.is that the only you cn recommend? Well,i cn invest like 1.5m naira.
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 3:29am On Jun 26, 2013
Is that d only biz u cn recommend?
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 26, 2013
Lawmann: Tanks.is that the only you cn recommend? Well,i cn invest like 1.5m naira.

How serous are you about doing business in Ghana? because i have something that could really make you big if you are

serious about this....its a little complex and requires some innovation on your end.
I dont even want to discuss it

with you unless you are serious
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr knowitall,if i am nt serious i wouldnt hav asked d question in d first place.i am nt a kid.if u av anytin say i am very much serious.tanks
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
Lawmann: Mr knowitall,if i am nt serious i wouldnt hav asked d question in d first place.i am nt a kid.if u av anytin say i am very much serious.tanks

Ok...I would suggest you start an office cleaning business....you yourself wont be doing the cleaning...you just be

focused on winning contracts......you can get like 3-4 Ghanaians and pay them minimal wage....like i said it will require

some innovation on your part but if you can do it right you will be wealthy......There is a huge need for this in Ghana

but they dont know they need it yet....you will have to convince them they need it....if you can convince bank and office

managers and owners that it would be cheaper for them to allow your company to clean and maintain their offices? you will

be rich....this type of business is only for someone with ambition...
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
A nice and brillant idea.Thank you very much.i will try it.
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
Its well
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
nunogomez: Really wanna thank you all for you comments and replies am so grateful i intend to go to ghana to see if i can start up a bizness there but i wasnt so sure of the line of bizness, am gradually making up my mind on what to venture into i would welcome some abitious fellow to partner with me if you are interested, you can comtact me personally if you are intersted.my BB pin 22501B44 or 08063444420

What is your business plan? I might be interested.....you can send me a private message....
Re: Traveling To Ghana by euromoney(f): 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Ghana is a very good place to do business if you are business minded...the electricity is stable...stable

government....good infrastructure....people have money to spend.......the type of business you can start depends on the

amount of money you have....let say you have about $2,000...i would suggest you get a stay first.....then after

that...start a Jamaican restaurant...if you can cook or partner up with someone.....Ghanaians have a taste for Jamaican

food for some reason...you will sell out everyday...
you sabi polish this Ghanians sha,Jamaican food ke?when Banku,Wanke,et'al never finish for street.@Op you bera start a banku restaurant in a modernized way,and see how cedis begin roll in your purse.Don't say I do not tell you oh.
Re: Traveling To Ghana by euromoney(f): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Lawmann: Tanks.is that the only you cn recommend? Well,i cn invest like 1.5m naira.
Don't invest your 1.5m in Jamaican food oh.infact get a place in ABC transport park and start selling Naija food...more than 3 buses multiplied by more than 40 Nigerian passengers/day..you'll thank me later. Sir.
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2013
Tanx my dear.i tink i will travel to Ghana and see tins by myself.
Re: Traveling To Ghana by texaco1: 10:19am On Jun 27, 2013
Lawmann: Tanx my dear.i tink i will travel to Ghana and see tins by myself.
if u follow knowitall advise ,u will end up begging for transport money to go back to nigeria.that guys knows nada about ghana.let me remind u ,ur 1.5mil is only equal to maybe 10k or 18k ghc ,
my advise to u is this ,leave ur money in naija ,come to ghana and see things for urself.the business climate here is not what ppl are telling u in nigeria.ppl alway run back after losing money here.open ur eyes and ears very well.most nigerians that do biz in ghana link it up with naija.
the best bet for u is to trade between nigeria and ghana.bring in goods from nigeria stay and collect ur money and buy goods to nigeria again.
which kind yeye cleaning service?by the time u lose ur money u will auction the brooms and mops u bought.
over 60% of the phones sold in ghana are brought in from nigeria .our rate of exchange in nigeria favours bringing in goods to nigeria and sending it to ghana .
the money is urs .if u like go throw am away by buying brooms and mopping sticks

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
@texaco1,u are just funny.we are saying the same thing.my intention is just to carve out time and travel to Ghana myself and see things by myself.i can't just jump into sumtin like that.well,tanx for ur advice.can u tell me d goods one can bring into ghana frm Nigeria and d one i cn buy and take to naija.Do i need to own a shop in Ghana?
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
texaco1:
if u follow knowitall advise ,u will end up begging for transport money to go back to nigeria.that guys knows nada about ghana.let me remind u ,ur 1.5mil is only equal to maybe 10k or 18k ghc ,
my advise to u is this ,leave ur money in naija ,come to ghana and see things for urself.the business climate here is not what ppl are telling u in nigeria.ppl alway run back after losing money here.open ur eyes and ears very well.most nigerians that do biz in ghana link it up with naija.
the best bet for u is to trade between nigeria and ghana.bring in goods from nigeria stay and collect ur money and buy goods to nigeria again.
which kind yeye cleaning service?by the time u lose ur money u will auction the brooms and mops u bought.
over 60% of the phones sold in ghana are brought in from nigeria .our rate of exchange in nigeria favours bringing in goods to nigeria and sending it to ghana .
the money is urs .if u like go throw am away by buying brooms and mopping sticks

The Nigerians that you know and the Nigerians that i know in Ghana are on different levels......all this trading back and forth business you talking about i dont know any Nigerian who does it......in fact most of the Nigerians that i know in Ghana havent been to Nigeria for like 8 years......look...if you open up shop in ghana...market yourself....work hard....they will love you......I dont know what this guy is talking about.....I guess he mixes around with broke azz niggas.... make sure you get a stay first before you do anything....dont mix with the wrong Nigerian crowd....I have a feeling that this guy is talking about a group of people that dont follow the Ghanaian laws....

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ghana by texaco1: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lawmann: @texaco1,u are just funny.we are saying the same thing.my intention is just to carve out time and travel to Ghana myself and see things by myself.i can't just jump into sumtin like that.well,tanx for ur advice.can u tell me d goods one can bring into ghana frm Nigeria and d one i cn buy and take to naija.Do i need to own a shop in Ghana?
u want to own a shop in ghana ?charlie be ready to spend big.look accra IS VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE ,by the time u rent a shop u would have spent almost half of ur capital.look the only way u can make it in ghana is through trading back and forth.and real estates.
do u know that many of the foreign biscuits u buy in nigeria are brought in from ghana?if i am lying go and ask the traders at apongbon they will tell u,all these parago and co.ask and see if i am wrong
what about travelling suitcases and luggages ,ibos comes to ghana and they buy it in trailers ,they usually buy a set of 5 for like 10k but on getting to lagos they will sell it in singles there by making almost hundred percent profit.
nigerians are investing solidly in their real estate here which is hot cake.
the best thing is to come with like 50k to spend for like 7 days and see for urself .u will meet traders that will link u up.
when coming try and buy one or two htc phones as samples ,they will book with u once they are sure u will bring it.all this ont even cost u 500k.
laptops too is moving like shit ,
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Lawmann: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
@texaco1,my question are:1.if come with those goods how do i market them since i have nt gotten a shop and since i have no contact in accra? 2.cn i travel with goods without being disturb on the road? 3.is there any other tin that is in demand there?tanx
Re: Traveling To Ghana by texaco1: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lawmann: @texaco1,my question are:1.if come with those goods how do i market them since i have nt gotten a shop and since i have no contact in accra? 2.cn i travel with goods without being disturb on the road? 3.is there any other tin that is in demand there?tanx

grin grin grin
now u are talking better thing.
pls understand me very well , dont and i repeat don't buy the m in bulk , u can buy a very very cheap laptop, they love hp and dell as if it is their mother , and make sure ur cost price doesn't exceed 25-30k ,just get 1, and 1 htc phone , once u get here , u will use it as sample and u will use it to make contact with people , u will still sell it before going back to Nigeria , u will go to the market and talk to the traders this is a week job .u are marketingi cant be teaching u how to market a product here , u have got to learn it on the field
yes u can sell without a shop , that is what most Nigerians do ALTHOUGH MOST STAY WITH PEOPLE BUT OTHERS TOO STAY IN HOTEL, just come as if u are coming for 2 weeks vacation , relax . mix and meet people
and lastly try to avoid Nigerians that have no purpose as much as u can , they will be swarming around u , hailing u , if u behave like a chairman , u go sell ur trousers go nigeria ooo
Re: Traveling To Ghana by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lawmann: @texaco1,my question are:1.if come with those goods how do i market them since i have nt gotten a shop and since i have no contact in accra? 2.cn i travel with goods without being disturb on the road? 3.is there any other tin that is in demand there?tanx

What is the point of going all the way to Ghana to just be another Igbo trader? you should just stay in Nigeria and save

yourself some money and headache.....Nigerians that i know in Ghana didnt go there to just mingle in the small Nigerian

circle...they mixed with locals, founded out what they needed, and meet their needs....there is no need to travel that far

just to go and hang with Nigerians.....
Re: Traveling To Ghana by bis7(f): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
@op you have to had enough before coming here to ghana things are very very expensive and student hostel i stay payed abot 17k monthly (3 people in a room) and sum other expensive.. so b sure before coming here .
Re: Traveling To Ghana by texaco1: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
bis7: @op you have to had enough before coming here to ghana things are very very expensive and student hostel i stay payed abot 17k monthly (3 people in a room) and sum other expensive.. so b sure before coming here .
thank u jare ,abeg help me tell am oooo
Re: Traveling To Ghana by bis7(f): 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
texaco1:
thank u jare ,abeg help me tell am oooo
Lol.. i can remember the first time i got here add to beg a ghanain man to gave me money back to naija but by special grace of God i came back and survive noni .
Re: Traveling To Ghana by steryville(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2015
Can someone help out..how much does it cost to travel to ghana from lagos..need this info asap.thanks
Re: Traveling To Ghana by adesoji0922: 10:53pm On May 30, 2015
how much transports fare from LAGOS to Ghana with chisco transports, pls I want to knw
Re: Traveling To Ghana by amoahadjin: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
hello, Nunogomez

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Seriously Annoying Things Nigerians Do After An Accident / Must I Be Vaccinated Before I Can Fly Within Nigeria / Ideas To Study In Turkey.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.