Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Detox Foods You Should Start Eating - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Detox Foods You Should Start Eating (39564 Views)

Six Best Detox Foods You Should Start Eating / Reasons You Should Start Eating Pineapple / 14 Reasons You Should Start Eating Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Lilimax(f): 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Detoxing has become bit of a trend with all the different fasting formulas and super foods that are out there. Unfortunately, most of the popular “detoxes” really aren’t safe for you and aren’t healthy either. If you want to detox your body, did you know it can be as simple as eating the right foods? Here’s a list of 10 foods you can enjoy if you really want to cleanse your body.

1. Avocados - Do you love avocados so much you would put slices of them on just about any food you eat? There’s no reason to feel guilty about doing this, especially because this is such a great food for you to eat. Avocados are packed full of antioxidants, including glutathione. This detoxes the body by transporting harmful toxins right out of it. By reducing the chemicals and toxins in your body you will be healthier and feel better.

2. Cranberries - These might be great for preventing urinary tract infections, but they can also get rid of toxins inside of your body. These get rid of waste from the body and are antibacterial so they remove toxins.

3. Cabbage – This food has sulfur inside of it, which is essential when it comes to breaking down chemicals in the body. Sulfur can help get rid of everything from pesticides to prescription drugs, which could be harmful if they stuck around.

4. Lemons – These are great in drinks and recipes, but they are also packed full of vitamins and antioxidants. These protect the liver and they get rid of chemicals inside of the body. Consuming lemons on a regular basis can improve health.

5. Broccoli – If you’re the type of person who doesn’t like broccoli, you should try it out once again! It’s full of antioxidants that can cleanse your body. It’s also high in enzymes that help to get your digestive system running efficiently. Raw broccoli is best because it has a high level of nutrients inside of it.

6. Garlic – Packed full of sulfur, this is another great food to use for body cleanses. It also has antibiotic properties so it can help internally heal your body. There are a lot of advantages to eating garlic on a regular basis; it’s even available in supplement form!
7. Beets – These can be incorporated into a lot of different recipes or they can be eaten raw. They are full of betaine and pectin, which help protect the liver and the digestive system. These can cleanse the body so you have fewer toxins.

8. Grapefruit – This fruit helps cleanse the digestive system and it can prevent kidney stones from developing. It’s also low in natural sugars and calories, so it’s great for dieting.

9. Sunflower Seeds – These are great to snack on and can detox the liver so it’s healthier. It can also get rid of harmful toxins floating around in the body. In addition to this, it prevents cholesterol from building up and causing body damage.

10. Lentils – These aid the digestive system to cleanse and detox your body. Lentils also lower the cholesterol and help balance the blood sugar inside of your body.

http://www.fitnea.com/10-best-detox-foods-you-should-start-eating/3/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by sobaemma(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Raaaaaaaaa,nothing to say,first to comment

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by etochi11(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ok. Space booked! Brb
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by devigblegble: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
End time food lol

7 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by damola311: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Cool
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Akshow: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
No comment
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by bright007(f): 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
[size=50]onion [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by toskut(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
Wetin nah, this one no be food jooh.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Challenge01(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by resurrectn(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
try putting foods I cn readily get in 9ja okay

33 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Evanisgud(f): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
What about the food not the fruits?
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by abdul4new(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
nice write up
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by IfyMeg(m): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Many thanks, hope it helps
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
Crazy list
where's Garri, groundnut, okpa and ukpaka?

9 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by ZACHIE: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
efo riro
efo bolo
efo yanrin
efo tete
efo shoko
efo `ugu`

8 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by ewet: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
It's obvious you copied this from 1 of those foreign write ups.Cant u @ least try to be original. Where for naija we go see cranberries or broccoli or even sunflower seeds and lentils.

Abeg try adapt your advice to our own peculiar situation. Ugwu,Gbure,Shoko,Atanmma,ulugbu,okra e.t.c and not this rubbish you are telling us to start looking for.

40 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by supaeagles(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for the education
(Any of our local foods qualify for this detox thing??)

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Where poor man for naija go see cranberries, broccoli, sunflower seed and the rest of those fruits?
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by ZACHIE: 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
joeydozzy: Crazy list

You want carry tox detox?
You try with your garri sense

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Damlesky(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
All this ewe (leaf) no dey 9ja na. What about soko, ewe akintola etc dem no good?

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by DJDOLA(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
Wat about a poor boy like me were can I get all does item u mention....pls can someone pls tell me how much is cup of garri..because dat woman wey dey my area don change price oooo

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Caracta(f): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
Why are you guys quiet on this thread? Don't you know the meaning of "Detox"? tongue grin

@OP, i think garlic is good for "everything" you can think of. It's gradually becoming a modern "gbogbonishe". Lol
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Provie(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
Is this wrte-up meant for Naija land? Need 2 b shown dis Sunflower, Cranberry & Lentils stuff in d friut market on the next street.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by NessaFresh(f): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
person go thief somtin for oyinbo website for oyinbo people carry am de disturb nigerians....after detoxing before 60 them don already de die

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by supaeagles(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
J12: Where poor man for naija go see cranberries, broccoli, sunflower seed and the rest of those fruits?
Abi oh - my local mama-put's rice and beans occasionally 'detoxifies' my system and I end up spending my day inside toilet cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
All these botanical names undecided
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Caracta(f): 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
joeydozzy: Crazy list

Did you read the topic at all? tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by AjCityOne: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
IfyMeg: Many thanks, hope it helps

How about you try spinach,kale,Cilantro and one banana. Blend am together to make smoothies. Drink every morning before you go to work amd in my opinion nah the best detox green smoothie be that.

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by kiyosaki1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
ewet: It's obvious you copied this from 1 of those foreign write ups.Cant u @ least try to be original. Where for naija we go see cranberries or broccoli or even sunflower seeds and lentils.

Abeg try adapt your advice to our own peculiar situation. Ugwu,Gbure,Shoko,Atanmma,ulugbu,okra e.t.c and not this rubbish you are telling us to start looking for.
Which village u dey stay ? You can get all these from shoprite or any India or lebanese supermarkets

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by EmperorSeal(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
na all these ones be food abi na fruits? If I see some of them I no sure say I go fit recognize them self....... Holy ghost fire for all d people wey dey thief article from oyibo site dey come pose for here....... Nonsensical
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Youngzedd(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nice tips.

Thanks @Op

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins / Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.