Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Detox Foods You Should Start Eating - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Detox Foods You Should Start Eating (39583 Views)

Six Best Detox Foods You Should Start Eating / Reasons You Should Start Eating Pineapple / 14 Reasons You Should Start Eating Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by lukecent: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
bitter kola [Nigerian]

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by mecussey(m): 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Guy u no add pineapple and water melon...if you an alcoholic like me and you want your liver to remain active, drink pineapple and water melon, they reduce free radicals by 90%

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by nenergy(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
devigblegble: End time food lol
This end-time 'people' nor go kill person o.lol
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by adeyak83(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
leave all diz foreign stuffs jor, all natural things that we used to eat b4 are gud 4 body, we just need to be eating dem more than b4 ni jare.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Desloaaa(f): 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
That broccoli sounds like Broccos'..
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by largie(f): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
kiyosaki1: Which village u dey stay ? You can get all these from shoprite or any India or lebanese supermarkets

All of una wey dey try form go buy GM food from Shoprite,India or Lebanese just dey look for trouble. Na for Africa we get the real deal. Go local.

2 Likes

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Mamacita007(f): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
joeydozzy: Crazy list
where's Garri, groundnut, okpa and ukpaka?

Chei I love okpa but its too hard & can make one constipated sad
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by IYANGBALI: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Boli,epa,kulinkuli,gari,iyan and egusi soup
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by IYANGBALI: 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
Desloaaa: That broccoli sounds like Broccos'..
no,it sounds like buratachi
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Candybob(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
sunflower is readily available in the north at least i know of Gombe state
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by mexzony: 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Most of these things can be found here in Nigeria.i had brocolli a few weeks back.its in the market.thanks for the tips.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by naijathings(m): 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
excuse me, am i supposed to comment on this?
[size=18pt]i think i should post a pic of my big black arrrse and see if it makes the front page.[/size]
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tuke: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nice one,but i think people who live on fast foods/junks need this more.naija is blessd,our meals r natural detoxifierscheck out d efo family,ugwu,bitter leaf,uziza,afang,kunu,zobo,etc.av u tried what comes out of a well spiced plate of cowtail/catfish peppersoup.haba.i no see wahala 4 here o!
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by mesther96(f): 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Mamacita007:

Chei I love okpa but its too hard & can make one constipated sad
contispated lol
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by ajaljnr: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ota-pia-pia isnt bad as well... grin

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Godwinsilas(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
What ever.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by henrysam(m): 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
ewet: It's obvious you copied this from 1 of those foreign write ups.Cant u @ least try to be original. Where for naija we go see cranberries or broccoli or even sunflower seeds and lentils.

Abeg try adapt your advice to our own peculiar situation. Ugwu,Gbure,Shoko,Atanmma,ulugbu,okra e.t.c and not this rubbish you are telling us to start looking for.
Don't mind am na google d guy google am
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by ewet: 9:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
kiyosaki1: Which village u dey stay ? You can get all these from shoprite or any India or lebanese supermarkets

And as for you tht stays in the city or practically lives in shoprite enriching south africans while your own die of poverty.Are you actually telling me to ditch Ugwu,gbure,shoko,atanmma,ulugbu,okra,itang e.t.c for brocolli,sunflower seed,lentils and cranberries. Guy you must be a joker!
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
@OP.. no mind the folks .. good stuff right there

1 Like

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Cossato(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
zobo
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Simulacrum(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
devigblegble: End time food lol
Lol funny you.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by koligs: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
You forgot to mention quail eggs!!!! Pls include that ASAP.... Quail egg is really the best for all ailment

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
nigerian substitutes:

1. Avocados - avocado

2. Cranberries - not sure

3. Cabbage – efo/vegetable

4. Lemons – lime

5. Broccoli – efo tete with thick fresh stalks

6. Garlic – garlic

7. Beets – not sure, maybe sweet potato

8. Grapefruit – grapefruit

9. Sunflower Seeds – these are found in the north, they're called benniseed.

10. Lentils – not sure, probably plain beans cooked in water, no seasoning.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
this seems to be nigeria- any of these foods should also be ok:

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
nigerian benniseed [sesame seed]

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Akuviv: 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Curry leaf, Scent leaf (Nchuanwu ), lime, pineapple, tsamiya ( I don't know the name in english but the hausa word is pronounced with a silent t, hence samiya)
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by proflomo(m): 10:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
i can authoritatively tell u dt a very heavy dose of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) n garlic av d effect of considerably supressing HIV. also a very heavy dose of garlic 'll cure completely TB. Though you may have to ask garlic with caution - sometimes, overdose of it can be bad.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 11:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Akuviv: Curry leaf, Scent leaf (Nchuanwu ), lime, pineapple, tsamiya ( I don't know the name in english but the hausa word is pronounced with a silent t, hence samiya)

i think scent leaf is mint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.