Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria (6598 Views)

220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 12:35pm On May 13, 2008
I'm surprised that most people are still not aware of the conveniences that the UK immigration has provided for the numerous visa applicants in Nigeria. This is probably because some of us think we know too much and don't care to know further.
   Worse still, a lot of Nigerians (out of ignorance) have been travelling to far-away cities to apply for the UK visas where-as, they have application centres in their own cities as well as they can apply online from any part of Nigeria.
   For instance: Ibadan is a major UK visa application centre with it's application centre given thus:
                                   UK Visa Application Centre, Ibadan
                                           Ground Floor, 36, Osuntokun Avenue
                                          Bodija
                                           Oyo State, Ibadan.
                                           Telephone 04601440 (N50 per min)

For Port Harcourt applicants:
                                   UK Visa Application Centre, Port Harcourt
                                           Deborah (Old PMC House)
                                           Plot FC 6, Sani Abacha Road
                                           G.R.A, Phase 111, Port Harcourt.

The good news is that the online application method has been functioning in Nigeria even though many people have been non-proficiently "advised" here in Nairaland.
   So, if you want to apply for the UK visa, save yourself the stress and simply apply for it online at:
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/AppProcess/s_ApplicationSecurity.aspx?check=true

Note: The first one is the main page, and the second one is the application form one.
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by Shinatu: 2:46pm On May 13, 2008
Operations at the Portharcourt office was suspended a couple of weeks back or has it been restored?
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 3:13pm On May 13, 2008
@shinatu
Ignore the dumb ass-vicjustice-going around posting wrong info.

VAC's service has been suspended in Port Harcourt till further notice over security issues. All visa applications from that part of the country will be handled at VAC Abuja.
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by Shinatu: 4:09pm On May 13, 2008
@Funkybaby

Thank you.
What's up with the online application thing? One must still go to the VAC for biometrics.
So how does applying online help?
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 4:28pm On May 13, 2008
@shinatu
You're welcome.

It's of no use repeating all i have said on the wrong post of this misinformed fool. Read up my last few posts on the first thread - General UK visa enquiries thread.
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by ty4real(m): 5:33pm On May 13, 2008
There is no online thing,you have to appear in person for the biometrics to be takenmthe era of online application has gone at least for noe,so carry your application and go and submit in person at any VAC and you can google british high commission office to know the VAC that are operating and dont allow an Ope to give you wrong infor! grin
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by opmoore(m): 11:00am On May 14, 2008
@VICJUSTICE
I have been called to come for my Visa @ the BHC plz can you tell me the likely questions that may be asked on getting there.Thanks
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by Vicjustice: 1:07pm On May 14, 2008
opmoore:

@VICJUSTICE
        I have been called to come for my Visa @ the BHC plz can you tell me the likely questions that may be asked on getting there.Thanks
   If you've been called for your visa collection, then, i don't think there's likely going to be much questions, except perhaps some identification to prove you're the one. Or, did you mean that they called you for interview?
Re: Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
Is this ibadan visa application center still functioning?

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Relocate To Dubai But.... / Christmas: 201 FRSC Mobile Courts To Begin Sitting Monday / 800k Uk Visa...agent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.