Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

FG May Ban Importation Of Generators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Ban Importation Of Generators (12755 Views)

I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2013
The Federal Government may soon place restrictions on the importation of generators into the country. This was disclosed by President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday at the 5th Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies, Nigeria, AES, held at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Lagos.

Jonathan, who was represented by the Minister for Works and Housing, Mr. Mike Onolememen, noted that, while the government is studying the proposal of restricting or banning importation of generators, his administration was working to ensure that current electricity problem facing the country is addresse.

The president praised the efforts of the AES in repositioning the youths through her ‘Operation 500 Students-Entrepreneurs Programme’, where 500 students in each tertiary institution in the country are trained on leadership and entrepreneurship free in collaboration with the school authorities every year.

Jonathan said his administration places emphasis on entrepreneurship and human capital development in its determination to reduce the level of unemployment in the country.

He noted that Nigerians are enterprising people, who if given the enabling environment, would excel in whatever legitimate venture they are involved in.

He pointed out that the theme of the conference: ‘Transformational Leadership: A Springboard to National and Sustainable Development’, was apt and timely as the country needs transformational leaders, who have the interest of the people at heart.

In his opening remarks, the Chairman of the occasion and former Head of State, Gen. Abdusalam Abubakar (rtd.), noted that the issue of good governance and peaceful coexistence are central to any effort at improving the lot of Nigerians.

Abdusalam lamented that Nigeria has an almost insurmountable problem of leadership that has hung on its neck like an albatross.

The former Head of State listed three challenges that hinder the country’s match to nationhood to include; the absence of stable state institutions, a lingering constitutional problem, and the question of inequity and inequality.

In his speech, another former Head of State, Gen. Mohammadu Buhari (rtd.), represented by former Minister of Works, Mr. Mohammed Hassan Lawal decried the level of corruption in the country.

He noted that the greatest problem of Nigeria was the failure of leadership because “we have a government that is neither responsive, transparent nor responsible.” Buhari noted that the fight for good governance was a collective one as all Nigerians must rise up and demand for the right leadership in the country.

He described good governance as that leadership that is consensus based, that which allows for transparency and accountability in the affairs of government and that which must protect and respect the rule of law.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/fg-may-ban-importation-of-generators/
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2013
Trying to run before learning how to work...

Give us light...Nigerians on their own will ban the use of Generators without been forced.

40 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2013
Someone should assist me here, is ban and restriction synonymous?

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by RichDad1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
I hope this ban is going to be applicable to Industrial Generator sets? because any attempt to ban my " I better pass my neighbor gen" will be met with stiff opposition. Even greater that the fuel subsidy protest. FG be warned.

17 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ok
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ok we don hear.......buh bro jonathan e b lyk say we may also ban u o.......na 50/50

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by TreasuredGlory: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ope factoria
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Eneze1(f): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
let their be stable power supply first before banning the importation of generators, first thing first
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by miteolu(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
"MAY" is indecisive meaning FG is confused.

4 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Ijawboi(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
1st to say 1st to comment..
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Demdem(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
ilugunboy: Trying to run before learning how to work...

Give us light...Nigerians on their own will ban the use of Generators without been forced.

Ur head dey campe. Retardeen simply don't understand this.

3 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by 5much(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
until the FULL PRIVATIZATION of PHCN, FG shouldn't try it
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by supaeagles(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
There is NO NEED to ban importation of generators. Simply provide us with reliable public electricity (like we had in the 80s and 90s with NEPA) and no body will be buying these imported generators.
If you ban these generators, it may result in some of us being in total darkness!

3 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Onyenna(m): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Great....but first, I wanna see steady Power Supply!....
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by naijathings(m): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
[size=18pt]Will BAN or MAY BAN ? which one? Okay may ban...
okay.. am chilling with my Rayban.[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by collynzo2(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
ilugunboy: Trying to run before learning how to work...

'walk', 'being'.

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by theripper3: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
E b like say Bro jonah take strong apeteshi abi? Lite situation don dey worse. I just dey burn fuel . Fix the gaddem light and stop telling us MEGAWatts, microwatts and entrepreneur jargons abeg.

4 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by kelvin1191(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hahahaha! Our leaders ar jokers!. A country that is currently producing about 1.5mega-watt of electricity for a porpulation over 170million people are making moves to ban importation of Generator. Maybe they want to start local production of candles.

4 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by ucheokpara100(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
wats d different btwn i hv and we may?
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by speeder(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ban importation when power keeps depreciating? Which kind country be nija sef. I can't help but laugh
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by collynzo2(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
We can start exporting the ones we have already to our neighbours, they need it badly. They know themselves.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by ceejay80s(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
i already gat SOLAR ENERGY LIGHT
dem go bann sun from supplying too?

2 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
Na to do storage 4 gen be dis o....afta they ban am spoil d transformer 4 u area....u don bcum boss.sale i pass my nebo 4 48k wit thank u.
If u doam rememba me but if dem catch u.....u ar a gunner
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Danhumprey: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
Settle P.H.C.N problem first,then we Nigerians assure that we will ban the generators ourselves or the generators will ban themselves. Which ever way you want to put it. Just give us stable light.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
um, for the same government that can't build a single refinery in almost 4 years in government. And someone that suppose to protect the likes of Prof. Nnaji that is really working hard to make nepa work again,from those useless sabotious elements. now promising nonsense.
I have lost interest in this government since they forced the man out, while those non performing one keeps enjoying themselves even to the banks.
as at now nationwide megawatts drop below 2000. we are not fool s,it pisses me off, If someone ,who is a fool just talk to make us look like fool.also .. when we have constant light,no one will patronize generator sellers again.until I see over 20,000 mw generated power,then I know we are going in the right direction. shioooo
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by decrox199(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
collynzo2: 'walk', 'being'.
jobless fool

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Youngzedd(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
They no born them well, where did we see the light that will make them ban am.

If they can give us constant light, then am in support of it.

Give us light and we will ban the generator by ourselves.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ban generator ke? some things would die off on its own without being forced

many Nigerians uses generator for their personal business e.g barbers, restaurant, ice block sellers etc. and you want to stop the importation of it?

Make electricity available, Nigerians will stop buying it on their own.

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
supaeagles: There is NO NEED to ban importation of generators. Simply provide us with reliable electricity (like we had in the 80s and 90s) and no body will be buying these imported generators.
If you ban these generators, it may result in some of us being in total darkness!
This may be a case of putting the cart before the horse but look at it this way. These generator importers have been the ones responsible for frustrating the power efforts of previous governments. So, putting them out of business will go a long way in putting them in their place so that the government will concentrate more on getting the power situation fixed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Set To Probe NNPC And Refineries / No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against Lawmakers – Foreign Affairs Minister / We Must Not Return Abiodun Olujimi To The Senate - Fayose To PDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.