Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis (17079 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: When Will DSS Arrest Junaid Muhammad, Nyako, BBC Hausa, Etc / Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe / Patience Jonathan Denies Involvement In Rivers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 27, 2013
Junaid Muhammad Blasts ‘Illiterate’ Patience Jonathan For Role In Rivers Crisis, Issues Dire Warning About 2015 Elections

Well-known political critic, Junaid Muhammad, has called fresh attention to recent developments in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the national level, warning that they are snowballing into a full blown governmental and security crises in Rivers State.

And he brought the First Lady under the hammer for her role in the chaos.

In a press statement issued today in Kano on Wednesday, Dr. Muhammad described Rivers as “coming to the limelight because of the irresponsible, unconstitutional and bizarre, illiterate actions, of the so called first lady Mrs. Patience Jonathan, who hails from the island village of Okrika in Rivers State and who sees not only Okrika but the whole of Rivers States, as her personal domain to exploit, abuse and destabilize as she sees fit because her husband Jonathan happens to be the president.”

He noted that the Nigerian constitution makes no provision whatsoever for the post of First Lady and confers no rights, privileges and/or responsibilities on spouses of our president or heads of governments.

“It is therefore illegal and completely ultra vires the constitution for any citizen, president or his spouse to usurp executive powers, and go about throwing their weight, as if they were legally recognized holders of such offices according to the law,” he warned.  “ As at the time of writing, the commissioner of police in Rivers, his command structure and other security services are at the command of Patience Jonathan, and by her and presidential orders, most security facilities due governor, the speaker and others so entitled, have been withdrawn. Mean-while professional thugs and all manner of criminals are being recruited and pressed into service to destabilize the elected government of Rivers State.”

Stressing that those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat its mistakes, Dr. Muhammad pointed out that current developments in the PDP and especially in Rivers State bear an uncanny resemblance to the old Western Region, which led to the collapse of the first republic, with very serious and bloody consequences. Then and now, the popularly elected leaders of those parts of the country were prevented from exercising political power and control, and the operations of the police, the army and the rump of security services were interfered with in a brazen political manner.

“The current CP Rivers, is bending over backwards to accommodate the president, his cronies and his illiterate wife, to ignore or pervert the law and the constitution and norms of decent political behavior,  to harass, intimidate Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and thus destabilize, a strategic state like Rivers. Those in the PDP who imagine that this serious and fundamental crisis can be contained by some band aid or artificial cordon sanitaire, have a shocker awaiting them,” he said. 

He noted that the overriding attitude of PDP leadership, the PDP president, his cronies etc. is an open invitation to anarchy, for his party, his tottering crisis prone government and most unfortunately for Nigeria.

“The preponderance of the PDP in the governing processes is a clear and present danger to democracy,” the statement said.  “Add to that the dictatorial proclivities of the party leadership and penchant for hand picking illiterates and corrupt thugs into key and sensitive positions; you have the making of an inevitable disaster.”

Dr. Muhammad stressed that the latest developments throw into doubt the very possibilities of elections in 2015, those elections being the very reason for the desperate manouvres now being undertaken.

“If the de-facto commander–in-chief, the de-facto defence Minister and army commander Gen. Ihejirika who is an in-law to Patience [Jonathan], and his police and S.S.S. counterparts, are behaving in openly political partisan manner as heads of Jonathan’s personal militia, it goes without saying that Jega’s INEC will hold no elections worth the name,” he declared, calling on all Nigerians who cherish democracy to stand up and be counted.

He stressed that Rivers State and the fate of its governor must be of enormous concern to all democrats and patriots, pointing out that within Rivers State and beyond it, evil thrives when good and decent people take their eyes off the ball or pretend it is of no concern to them or is unrelated to neighborhoods.

“Personally I do not know and have never met Gov. Rotimi Amaechi in person, in Port Harcourt or anywhere else on earth,” he declared.  “I have not been to Rivers State since the expiry of my national service in the defunct OMPADEC (now NDDC) in 1996. I am however invested in Amaechi’s struggles because I believe democracy is the only way to govern a free people rationally, and to exercise legitimate power over a free people. If the PDP and its incompetent president treat this country like a conquered and vanquished people, they must be cured of their delusion, soonest.”

SOURCE-Saharareporters
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/junaid-muhammad-blasts-%E2%80%98illiterate%E2%80%99-patience-jonathan-role-rivers-crisis-issues-dire-warni

28 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by wbankz(m): 3:57am On Jun 27, 2013
Gbaaaam# the truth iz always bitter anyway

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Mogidi: 5:14am On Jun 27, 2013
Stressing that those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat its mistakes, Dr. Muhammad pointed out that current developments in the PDP and especially in Rivers State bear an uncanny resemblance to the old Western Region, which led to the collapse of the first republic, with very serious and bloody consequences.

So the crisis in the western region caused the collapse of the first republic? Anyway Amaechi has become the darling of the SW and the core north, I wonder why.

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by rooftech: 5:30am On Jun 27, 2013
lets see the response of pdp lapdogs paid to respond to good critics.

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 27, 2013
Kamanda: Junaid Muhammad Blasts ‘Illiterate’ Patience Jonathan For Role In Rivers Crisis, Issues Dire Warning About 2015 Elections

Well-known political critic, Junaid Muhammad, has called fresh attention to recent developments in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the national level, warning that they are snowballing into a full blown governmental and security crises in Rivers State.

And he brought the First Lady under the hammer for her role in the chaos.

In a press statement issued today in Kano on Wednesday, Dr. Muhammad described Rivers as “coming to the limelight because of the irresponsible, unconstitutional and bizarre, illiterate actions, of the so called first lady Mrs. Patience Jonathan, who hails from the island village of Okrika in Rivers State and who sees not only Okrika but the whole of Rivers States, as her personal domain to exploit, abuse and destabilize as she sees fit because her husband Jonathan happens to be the president.”

He noted that the Nigerian constitution makes no provision whatsoever for the post of First Lady and confers no rights, privileges and/or responsibilities on spouses of our president or heads of governments.

“It is therefore illegal and completely ultra vires the constitution for any citizen, president or his spouse to usurp executive powers, and go about throwing their weight, as if they were legally recognized holders of such offices according to the law,” he warned.  “ As at the time of writing, the commissioner of police in Rivers, his command structure and other security services are at the command of Patience Jonathan, and by her and presidential orders, most security facilities due governor, the speaker and others so entitled, have been withdrawn. Mean-while professional thugs and all manner of criminals are being recruited and pressed into service to destabilize the elected government of Rivers State.”

Stressing that those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat its mistakes, Dr. Muhammad pointed out that current developments in the PDP and especially in Rivers State bear an uncanny resemblance to the old Western Region, which led to the collapse of the first republic, with very serious and bloody consequences. Then and now, the popularly elected leaders of those parts of the country were prevented from exercising political power and control, and the operations of the police, the army and the rump of security services were interfered with in a brazen political manner.

“The current CP Rivers, is bending over backwards to accommodate the president, his cronies and his illiterate wife, to ignore or pervert the law and the constitution and norms of decent political behavior,  to harass, intimidate Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and thus destabilize, a strategic state like Rivers. Those in the PDP who imagine that this serious and fundamental crisis can be contained by some band aid or artificial cordon sanitaire, have a shocker awaiting them,” he said. 

He noted that the overriding attitude of PDP leadership, the PDP president, his cronies etc. is an open invitation to anarchy, for his party, his tottering crisis prone government and most unfortunately for Nigeria.

“The preponderance of the PDP in the governing processes is a clear and present danger to democracy,” the statement said.  “Add to that the dictatorial proclivities of the party leadership and penchant for hand picking illiterates and corrupt thugs into key and sensitive positions; you have the making of an inevitable disaster.”

Dr. Muhammad stressed that the latest developments throw into doubt the very possibilities of elections in 2015, those elections being the very reason for the desperate manouvres now being undertaken.

“If the de-facto commander–in-chief, the de-facto defence Minister and army commander Gen. Ihejirika who is an in-law to Patience [Jonathan], and his police and S.S.S. counterparts, are behaving in openly political partisan manner as heads of Jonathan’s personal militia, it goes without saying that Jega’s INEC will hold no elections worth the name,” he declared, calling on all Nigerians who cherish democracy to stand up and be counted.

He stressed that Rivers State and the fate of its governor must be of enormous concern to all democrats and patriots, pointing out that within Rivers State and beyond it, evil thrives when good and decent people take their eyes off the ball or pretend it is of no concern to them or is unrelated to neighborhoods.

“Personally I do not know and have never met Gov. Rotimi Amaechi in person, in Port Harcourt or anywhere else on earth,” he declared.  “I have not been to Rivers State since the expiry of my national service in the defunct OMPADEC (now NDDC) in 1996. I am however invested in Amaechi’s struggles because I believe democracy is the only way to govern a free people rationally, and to exercise legitimate power over a free people. If the PDP and its incompetent president treat this country like a conquered and vanquished people, they must be cured of their delusion, soonest.”

SOURCE-Saharareporters

I
Have
Nothing
To
Say

1 Like

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by israel007: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2013
Sahara, oh sahara here you are again
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2013
Mogidi:

So the crisis in the western region caused the collapse of the first republic? Anyway Amaechi has become the darling of the SW and the core north, I wonder why.
I wonder why peeps like U reason with ur ass !!!

Who is darling to who; are these not same people that condemned Turai for GEJ ?

A fight for Democracy is not the same as fighting for Amaechi !!!

Amaechi just happened to be a victim as Jonathan was once a victim who now hitherto threatened democracy of Rivers state !!!

SW has always been known to stand up for Democracy even if it involved their pikin !!! Great people of Oodua !!!

22 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by pimplucious: 7:15am On Jun 27, 2013
Pdp is failing!
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 27, 2013
This must surely be the most divisive and most disrespected presidency in Nigerian history

6 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2013
donroxy: I wonder why peeps like U reason with ur ass !!!

Amaechi just happened to be a victim as Jonathan was once a victim who now hitherto threatened democracy of Rivers state !!!

SW has always been known to stand up for Democracy even if it involved their pikin !!! Great people of Oodua !!!

So on point that even a pin is jealous

4 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by ckkris: 7:47am On Jun 27, 2013
Sauce:SAHARA CONCOCTION
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Ngwakwe: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2013
Patience GJ is now an illiterate - Gosh, she may have experienced stage fright in the twilight of assuming the First Lady status but certainly not an illiterate

It's quite unfortunate that in a bid to insult and cast aspersions, the so called Profs now use demeaning words such illiterate for the Joy of it instead of it literal and original meaning.

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Linoversace: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2013
rafhell:

I
Have
Nothing
To
Say
...Edit your post then.It's better you put a '.' or 'k' than quoting the article all over again!
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Lilimax(f): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2013
rafhell:

I
Have
Nothing
To
Say
Must you quote the whole article just to make this crappy comment

5 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Geomac: 9:27am On Jun 27, 2013
Mogidi:

Some of you reason with your ears, pls don't misrepresnt what Dr Junaid said.
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Lordave: 9:43am On Jun 27, 2013
Illiterate or not Patience remains our first lady and not even retarded Junaid or you deluded fellows can't do anysh!t about that.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by jjcbuthot: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
rooftech: lets see the response of pdp lapdogs paid to respond to good critics.

You can easily predict how illiterates will respond to the intellectual advice from Dr Muhammed.
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by DerideGull(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
I should not be faulted if I call Junaid Muhammad a bloody numbskull. How could he consciously regard a person who can read and write as illiterate? It is safe to question the validity of the diploma granted to Junaid Muhammad.

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by AdannaChinyere: 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
I stand for democracy no matter who's involved be that as it may, I am against the writer addressing the first lady as an illiterate, is morally wrong and I am requesting for him to witdraw it publicly, if somebody does anything wrong, just correct, criticize but do not cause the person. Long Live NIgeria thank u.

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Sweetblaze(f): 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
thank u dear, illiterate is d right word 2 use 4 dis foolish patience, may God hav mercy on nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by tutu1: 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
I cant believe how people just wake up and start insulting a whole first lady,imagine he just called her an illiterate, respect is reciprocal some think insulting the president and his family will get them more recognition, you are all just ignorant losers, if you cant respect those ahead of you don't expect to be respected anybody that think Ameachi will win in a tussle against presidency is still dreaming, secondly most of the junk we read on internet are made up by media and opposition to get coverage and public sympathy lets us pray for our country, and get involved in constructive criticism instead of being keyboard warriors and insulting anybody we see on TV
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by xykms101: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
She is nothing but a disgrace to the nation.

9 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by xykms101: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
Wendyslim: [. U shut up, where are ur manners? Is it every member of ur family dat is educated? Watch ur tongue
ma'am know all pls what is the definition of adult Education ?

1 Like

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Delafruita(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lordave: Illiterate or not Patience remains our first lady and not even retarded Junaid or you deluded fellows can do anysh!t about that.
nigeria does not have a first lady.our president has a wife,but that doesnt make her our first lady

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by touchmehard: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
It's high time the First piped low and allowed her husband to lead. She should learn not to dabble into state affairs, but should rather focus on women and youth empowerment, and pet projects for children. That is what First ladies are known for, they are not known for joining in their husbands' political fights. Let the men be, let them do their thing man to man.
On the other hand, Gov. Amaechi's seemingly disloyalty to the Presidency has caused him all this. And i feel it's high time he makes amends.
Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by EkoIle1: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
xykms101: She is nothing but a disgrace to the nation.

Sad but true..

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Wsdm: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
donroxy: I wonder why peeps like U reason with ur ass !!!

Very correct. I am not from that place but i feel that the yorubas are the only symbol of decency in Nigerias democracy. Especially the way they Marshal in favor of Abiola, Jonathan and against the Almighty Obassanjo's third term agenda. Other parts are only groping in the dark. My optimistic view anyway.

13 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by Delafruita(m): 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
colombiana: kip putin on ur expensive hair and cheap fones and spill crap on NL but note for one quarter of her wealth ur boyfriend wud slap all ur teeths off learn to respect older wwomen who strugled faithfully if u ask me I tink she paid the cost to be the boss so kip ranting and beefin the truth remains she the most powerful woman in naija. Prayy for ur turn and do better.
she paid the cost to be the boss?boss of who?she might be the most powerful woman in naija but before she,there was turai,annd there was stella,and fati and mariam and mariam and etc.soon she will be gone and our system,the nigerian system will remain.the nigerian system is bigger than any person and should not be made subservient to a person our constituition doesnt even recognize.i realise it is your stock in trade to worship wealth which is why you'd gladly slap off all the teeth of your wife,but then,wealth is transient while our system is not.we should stand against anyone who wants to destroy that system which would serve as the platform for future generation to excel.

17 Likes

Re: Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis by EkoIle1: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Illiterate husband and wife..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Did Not Slump In Our Custody - EFCC / Buhari Meets Kyari & Baru In Aso Rock / 2023: Peter Obi, Soludo Meet Behind Closed Doors In Government Lodge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.