Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn (7470 Views)

1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by dazzy4real(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2013
The way dey call money ehh.....am sure dy most ve inflated d bill.....
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by fittty(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2013
What? shocked
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2013
visalo:

Learn how to appreciate good effort and stop blind criticizing

This is my country, and I have every right to criticize government projects. I pay my taxes directly or indirectly, so keep quiet if u don't know the fundamentals of nation development.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 27, 2013
Even if it is 1 trillion naira let them build it first.

But a median hi-speed rail wouldn't be a bad idea.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by PapaBrowne(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2013
yemmight: I am sure if such a project is awarded with that figure in Lagos, some people here ready to attack BRF and Tinubu. From the record that I know, this road has been awarded to over 5 construction companies since OBJ's tenure without any success. Sooner or later some of you will know who meant well for this nation

Well LCC is handling a 51 kilometer 6 lane road for 60 billion Naira and on the 8th year its still on 37km.
How pathetic does it get. OBJ's tenure is different from Jonathan's tenure. And this is the first time the raod has been awarded. To think that the road is awarded just soon after it was taken from Bi Courtney tells you that this government is serious about infrastructure development.

If you've travelled accross this country you would have noticed how much infrastructural development is going on at the same time. The amount of works is unprecedented in this country. To think that all this is happening in just 2 years.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Thekeeper(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2013
from 89billion when it was awarded to bicourtney,to 160billion.another avenue for.........I comment my reserved reservation. angry
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by deeeeep: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

3 on both sides to Sagamu = 6
2 on both sides to Ibadan = 4
Total = 10

Dumbest inference in history.... Get a life bruv

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by victorv12(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2013
Haaaa! Make dem live am!!!Julius Berger and RCC will finish us for this country. 160 Billion Naira! Haaaa!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by RedLight1: 10:32am On Jun 27, 2013
jassie:

So a total of 6 lanes on both sides (thats 3x3) on the busiest express road in Nigeria is worth popping champagne for?
Half bread is half bread. . . Its full bread or nothing!!!
under pdp? that's big achievement. i can only say "Its full bread or nothing" if it's lagos or if fashola tries to play that kind of prank on us. i use that road frequently, the state of that road is nothing to talk about. if the reconstruction will repair the road, then all hail jonathan. at least the road has been neglected for a while now. hopefully, when we have more meaningful government i the feature, they will do something to it.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by ewet: 10:32am On Jun 27, 2013
Enuf talk abeg make we see the work start!Very gud,attack dog don turn to town crier.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omoeso(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2013
ConcernMan:

If I was given the opportunity, I would have hit the "like" button a thousand times

I don't know what kind of mathematics u guys are trying to invent here. looking at it critically, the road already has 3 lanes from lagos to redeem church camp and 2 lanes from that point to sagamu. its just that the lanes where not marked. It was done den by RCC during Obasanjo regime. What JB need to do is just add extra one lane from the redeem camp to sagamu. And for sagamu to Ibadan, all what is required of RCC is to resurface the road without adding any xtra lane. so much for N160bn.....kini BIG deal?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by UyiIredia(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2013
dazzy4real: The way dey call money ehh.....am sure dy most ve inflated d bill.....

Sincerely speaking, even though it's a good development, I'm thinking along those lines. The money involved is suspect.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by trainingict: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2013
guy1234: Shebi dem talk say na10 lane the road go be. The 2 lanes from sagam to ibadan leaves the road in its present design state. So why wasting so much to add one lane from sagam to lagos,and do patch work from sagam to Ibadan. Where is the sense in that. In 5 years we would have the same problem of today because that lagos-ibadan axis is rapidly developing in both residential and industrial projects.

This is a wastage of time and of resources. Okupe, an indigene of Remo in Ogun State has spoken what the government of Jonathan wanted to deliver. I regret ever voted for Jonathan. The support of majority of South Westerners elite for this administration is a wasted effort. Earlier, the Minister of works, an Architect by profession has given an explanation on why the project is being delayed. He said they are planning to construct a world class expressway, he gave the design overview of the project. I am an engineer. I complained on this forum when 3rd Mainland Bridge repairs were completed last year before Channels TV started an opinion poll on the status and quality of the repairs. Few day days later, FERMA returned to work.

I am an indigene of Remo and was told the story of Agbonmagbe Bank in Ebute Metta. Okupe is a trained Medical Doctor and a politician by profession while the minister is a career architect. I leave the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Nigerian Institute of Architects,Nigerian Medical Association (I supposed he is still a member)and all professionals to judge if what we are promised by the minister is what Okupe said. I think regional integration as canvassed by Akinrinade (a Yoruba leader) is becoming more and more a reality. 3 lanes on either side to Sagamu and 2 lanes on either side from Sagamu to Ibadan is the original plan, though the 3 lanes work was suspended after redeemed due to non payment of contractors. The only new design is the flyover bridge at the camp.

Some day, some time, the south west people will wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2013
I really don't care provided it is built.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by IGBOSON1: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2013
HNosegbe:

No, he has a valid point. A six-lane road is too narrow to accomodate the volume of traffic that passes through that road. We need at least TEN lanes.

^^^Don't forget there's a rail line in the works as well.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Ebenezerk2: 10:59am On Jun 27, 2013
make you are sure of things b/4 you post it, it is 5 lanes on both sides from Lagos to Ibadan
miteolu:

Total = 10
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by cecegorz(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

Total = 10
You go fear PDP mathematics nah!
Ain't seen better live jokers than these bunch! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2013
ConcernMan: I do hope that with this great tremendous gesture, the South West will for once appreciate this man (GEJ) who truly has their interest at heart and stopping listening to Liar Mohammed, whose sole aim in life is to demonize the President without letting us know how he would have done it better

Make him build am first make we see, award for the construction of the East-West road was first announced in 2006, 2013 and the project is not yet half way through!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2013
HNosegbe: Lagos-Ibadan expressway is the busiest in this country. That road deserves to be AT LEAST TEN LANES, FIVE ON EACH SIDE.

Forgive me for being pessimistic, but I don't see how this eases the gridlock on that road, especially on nights when religious programmes are held by religious bodies.

The only other option (to ease traffic on the road) would be to construct a coastal road linking Lagos to Calabar, but I'm not sure this government can pull it off.

Anyway...

Dude,

3 lane each side is enough, the problem with Nigeria is roads and highway management, and most importantly are lack of bypass roads to ease congestion, the driver who don't obey traffic regulations are worst, most advanced countries I have been to don't have so much lanes but put excellent road management regimes in place e.g digital info and speed limit boards, speedy removal of accidents or broken down vehicle, efficient traffic laws and good streaming of traffic. Every traffic boards and marking are law itself. Even if the road is made 10 lane each side, it will still be congested and hectic in absence of strict traffic law adherence, period.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by trainingict: 11:12am On Jun 27, 2013
As I said earlier, the project was awarded during the OBJ government. The 3 lanes work was suspended after the camp. RCC was involved in that project. From Sagamu to Ibadan,it was the rehabilitation of 2 lanes on either side. This is the busiest expressway in Nigeria. Where is the expansion to cater for increased traffic ? What is the world class expressway in the new design released by government? While, I noticed that it is very difficult to raise fund from financial institutions by private institution to construct this road on PPP level considering what is happening in the aviation sector where any new government that comes in change the rules of the games.

Regional states can raise fund for this project and construct it for posterity while raising fund with toll gates. The federal government will come up with constitution and state that the road is a federal road. Even, where a state has a good intention for her citizen, the federal government through envious and jealous people may frustrate such projects through land use act and exclusive list jargon. They can frustrate this project. Lagos -Abidjan or Lagos - Senegal expressway should be frustrated as well as they will be constructed up to world class standard.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2013
omanzo02:

Dude,

3 lane each side is enough, the problem with Nigeria is roads and highway management, and most importantly are lack of bypass roads to ease congestion, the driver who don't obey traffic regulations are worst, most advanced countries I have been to don't have so much lanes but put excellent road management regimes in place e.g digital info and speed limit boards, speedy removal of accidents or broken down vehicle, efficient traffic laws and good streaming of traffic. Every traffic boards and marking are law itself. Even if the road is made 10 lane each side, it will still be congested and hectic in absence of strict traffic law adherence, period.

Is Nigeria an "advanced" country?

Anyway, feel free to express your opinion.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2013
TheRealYemi:

Make him build am first make we see, award for the construction of the East-West road was first announced in 2006, 2013 and the project is not yet half way through!

That is not an excuse to doubt, I know some roads in Almighty Germany that is not up to 20 km are being worked on for over 10 year and still not finish. Would u say they are incapable?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Iko5000: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2013
HNosegbe: Lagos-Ibadan expressway is the busiest in this country. That road deserves to be AT LEAST TEN LANES, FIVE ON EACH SIDE.

Forgive me for being pessimistic, but I don't see how this eases the gridlock on that road, especially on nights when religious programmes are held by religious bodies.

The only other option (to ease traffic on the road) would be to construct a coastal road linking Lagos to Calabar, but I'm not sure this government can pull it off.

Anyway...

Costal road ke so that mami water go carry me go shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2013
HNosegbe:

Is Nigeria an "advanced" country?

Anyway, feel free to express your opinion.

And u believe 10 lane will solve the problems?, there are more to free flow of traffic than just numbers of lane and to the best of my knowledge only Akwa-Ibom that is trying to develope that principles.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2013
Iko5000:

Costal road ke so that mami water go carry me go shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by juman(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2013
Hiss.

Liars.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by trainingict: 11:22am On Jun 27, 2013
omanzo02:

Dude,

Which advanced country or developed country have you visited in the world that in 2000 century will leave the busiest expressway from Sagamu to Ibadan connecting the North to Lagos with a dual carriage way. I would have been mentioning countries here, but I don't need that on this forum. Somebody even mentioned that rail line is part of the road. It is then I know that Nigerians can be fooled.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 27, 2013
omanzo02:

And u believe 10 lane will solve the problems?, there are more to free flow of traffic than just numbers of lane.

"There's more to free flow of traffic than just numbers of lane"... Agreed.

So let those "other things" be added to a ten-lane expressway.

End of.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by austinkenneth: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Well LCC is handling a 51 kilometer 6 lane road for 60 billion Naira and on the 8th year its still on 37km.
How pathetic does it get. OBJ's tenure is different from Jonathan's tenure. And this is the first time the raod has been awarded. To think that the road is awarded just soon after it was taken from Bi Courtney tells you that this government is serious about infrastructure development.

If you've travelled accross this country you would have noticed how much infrastructural development is going on at the same time. The amount of works is unprecedented in this country. To think that all this is happening in just 2 years.

And the pundits keep saying that nothing is happening. I think we have to appreciate GEJ for the good he is doing and criticse him for his bad.

This man is really working but some people are really out to put him down. To do that they try to publicise his bad and stifle his good, or make his good look bad.

Some of them are in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by successcertain: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2013
Useless country with foolish citizens. Awon olofo oloahi eyan ti won ko ni ironu. Eku iya aje pe.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2013
trainingict:

Which advanced country or developed country have you visited in the world that in 2000 century will leave the busiest expressway from Sagamu to Ibadan connecting the North to Lagos with a dual carriage way. I would have been mentioning countries here, but I don't need that on this forum. Somebody even mentioned that rail line is part of the road. It is then I know that Nigerians can be fooled.

First off I live in Western Europe, and once lived in Lagos and use to ply that road, dual carriage ways is a standard norms in highway contruction, at incline plains , busy intersections and ring roads round a city or town the lane extends to 3 or 4, all international, inter- regions/ state roads from Spain - Norway - Bulgaria are dual carriage either side but with very effective road management regimes for effective control of traffic.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by 1forall: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2013
Another $1bn for that road?
One billion dollars?? shocked
Meeen naija don suffer finish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Rescue Kidnapped Briton In Lagos / Yoruba Promise Shut Down North/South Border @ Jebba/Lokoja / The Road To Recover Nigeria From Our Number One Problem - Oyewole Michael

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.