Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. (1422 Views)

Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy / Banned Again, Catholic Diocese Cancels Hate Deacon Speech . . . / Muslims Banned From Praying Outdoors In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2013

Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer co-founded anti-Muslim group Stop Islamization of America.

They were due to speak at an English Defence League march in Woolwich, where Drummer Lee Rigby was killed.

A government spokesman said individuals whose presence "is not conducive to the public good" could be excluded by the home secretary.

He added: "We condemn all those whose behaviours and views run counter to our shared values and will not stand for extremism in any form."
'Right decision'

Ms Geller, of the Atlas Shrugs blog, and Mr Spencer, of Jihad Watch, are also co-founders of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, best known for a pro-Israel "Defeat Jihad" poster campaign on the New York subway.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

The UK should never become a stage for inflammatory speakers who promote hate”

Keith Vaz MP

On both of their blogs the pair called their bans from entering the UK "a striking blow against freedom" and said the "the nation that gave the world the Magna Carta is dead".

They were due to attend a march planned by the far-right EDL to mark Armed Forces Day on 29 June, ending in Woolwich, south east London, where soldier Drummer Rigby was murdered last month.

Keith Vaz, chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee, who had called for the bloggers to be banned from the UK, said: "I welcome the home secretary's ban on Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer from entering the country. This is the right decision. The UK should never become a stage for inflammatory speakers who promote hate."

EDL leader Tommy Robinson, meanwhile, criticised the decision and said Ms Geller and Mr Spencer were coming to the UK to lay flowers at the place where Drummer Rigby died.

"It's embarrassing for this so-called land of democracy and freedom of speech," he said.

"How many hate preachers are living in this country? It just shows what sort of a two-tier system we have here."
'Foster hatred'

Anti-fascism campaigners Hope Not Hate had campaigned for the pair to not be allowed into the UK.

A researcher with the organisation, Matthew Collins, said it was "delighted" with the decision.

"These two are among some of the most extreme anti-Muslim activists in the world. They've nothing to contribute to life in this country.

"They're not here to contribute to good community relations. They only wanted to come here and help the EDL stir up more trouble. Britain doesn't need more hate even just for a few days."

Mr Spencer put up a copy of what appears to be the exclusion decision from the Home Office on the Jihad Watch website, while Ms Geller posted a copy of her letter on her website, Atlas Shrugs.

The letters, both dated Tuesday, claim that both activists have fallen within the scope of a list of unacceptable behaviours by making statements which may "foster hatred" and lead to "inter-community violence" in the UK.

Both letters gave examples of anti-Muslim views stated by both and went on to say that should they be allowed to enter the UK the home secretary believes they would "continue to espouse such views".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23064355
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
Waiting for Doubting large to come and do some PR EDL etc. grin grin grin
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
@vedax.. you are blissfully ignorant of Anjem Choudary's hate agenda abi?.. oooh let me guess.. Hate Speech from Anjem is Holy Islamic Songs to you... grin grin grin.. Extremist ISLAM is what needs PR a whole lot.. you are not doing a bad job either
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
but on a serious note.. i think it is wise i stop engaging you in any sort of discussion before i get targeted for some righteous violence of the Islamic kind.. easy bruv.. peace out
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by tbaba1234: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
How many followers does anjem choudary have? The press loves the guy so they keep putting him on..... Why can't they get a normal muslim speaker?

Anjem's views are extreme but that is what the press enjoys.
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
see I was right grin grin grin grin, doubting large came and do some charitable exercise of PR for Edl by diverting attention from the real issues, as usual rather than face the topic, I am big when I am doubting prefers ignoring the issue and facing Muslims, if you harbour some sort of hatred against muslims i advise you get some help, let the hurt inside of you die. grin grin grin grin grin choudry should be locked up if the society finds his views unacceptable, off course choudry had nothing to with thread, your hate for muslims made you ignore the deacon of a church who has been barred from promoting hate and Pamela anotther anti muslim extremist from the uk, I ay to you once again, bros change your ways! grin grin grin grin
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by tpia5: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
The man looks arab though.

Even the lady looks sort of middle eastern
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Yes he even looks like the king of Saudi Arabia and his "girlfriend" like the King's wife! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
grin grin grin really, you insult Muslims all over with your half-witted reasoning.
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
Yes bros throw all the insults you can, but please, pleasee, change you ways bros, you shame yourself whenever you engage in this half faced defence of evil, protesting when it is muslims doing wrong, and trying had to obfuscate the issues when it involves non Muslims you truly are a champion of human wrongs indeed! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by tpia5: 3:32am On Jun 28, 2013
vedaxcool: Yes he even looks like the king of Saudi Arabia and his "girlfriend" like the King's wife! cheesy cheesy cheesy

turns out he's of turkish and possibly syrian descent, so my observation wasnt far fetched.
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by Nairatalks: 5:22am On Jun 28, 2013
tbaba1234: How many followers does anjem choudary have? The press loves the guy so they keep putting him on..... Why can't they get a normal muslim speaker?

Anjem's views are extreme but that is what the press enjoys.

Anjem Choudary, Abu Qatada, Omar Bakri etc (Hate preachers)

Anjem Choudary has over 4,000 followers on twitter. Choudary also has orgnaised some demonstrations. He has significant followership
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by tbaba1234: 6:08am On Jun 28, 2013
^ He only has that much following because he is promoted in the press.

People follow him to see what crazy thing, he will say next.
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by Nairatalks: 6:18am On Jun 28, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ He only has that much following because he is promoted in the press.

People follow him to see what crazy thing, he will say next.

And his ability to organise demonstrations? How can he organise demonstrations if he has no significant followership?

Then, you would also have to prove your claim that the most of the 4,000 followers on twitter are there to see the "crazy" things he will say. I have advised you that Islam is against falsehood. The Quran advises us to be careful with our words
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by tbaba1234: 6:50am On Jun 28, 2013
Well, the followership comes from the promotion in the media. And 4000 is not much of a followership for the kind of publicity, he gets globally.

What is the strength of those who come for his demonstrations?
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by Nairatalks: 7:14am On Jun 28, 2013
tbaba1234: Well, the followership comes from the promotion in the media. And 4000 is not much of a followership for the kind of publicity, he gets globally.

What is the strength of those who come for his demonstrations?

I will leave you to your falsehoods and claims that you can't prove.
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by Paschal007: 8:38am On Jun 28, 2013
Vedaxcool must you lie? Who among the two is a deacon? Spencer is just a blogger same with with a Pamela who is Jewish.
Even the article you pasted didn't call any of them 'deacon'. Dawah by lies i guess.
US bloggers banned from entering UK
26 June 2013Last updated at 17:26
http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23064355
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by maclatunji: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2013
Paschal007: Vedaxcool must you lie? Who among the two is a deacon? Spencer is just a blogger same with with a Pamela who is Jewish.
Even the article you pasted didn't call any of them 'deacon'. Dawah by lies i guess.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23064355

Do some research before you make a fool of yourself in public, maybe call mazaje, your atheist boss to come help you derail the thread, as usual Christians like yourself play ostrich when evil men amongst their ranks are exposed, smh at atheist boot licker! I am expecting an apology for your slander!

https://www.change.org/petitions/remove-anti-muslim-hate-group-leader-robert-spencer-as-catholic-deacon
http://www.byzcath.org/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/171431/Deacon%20Robert%20Spencer%20on%20C-SPA
Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2013
maclatunji: ^

Make we dey like go things when we see am!

1 Like

Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by proo212(m): 6:13am On Jun 29, 2013
Compared to this.

Detectives in London arrested the banned Islamic extremist who embarrassed the Government when he was allowed to enter the country unchallenged.
Scotland Yard officers and Border Agency officials acting under the direct orders of Home Secretary Theresa May seized Raed Salah late last night after he returned to the capital from making a speech in Birmingham.

Today the cleric, who walked through immigration controls at Heathrow on Saturday days after being excluded from the UK, was being questioned at a police station.

It is understood Mr Salah's lawyers were exploring legal avenues to fight the travel ban sanctioned by Mrs May after he was accused of "virulent anti-Semitism".

Despite his official exclusion, the preacher was allowed in and gave two speeches to British Muslims - including one on the Arab Spring at Conway Hall in Holborn.

In another embarrassing blunder, the Standard has learned that police looking for Mr Salah at the event on Monday night failed to arrest him despite the cleric giving a speech from the platform.

Mrs May is angry with UK Border Agency staff as they failed to serve Mr Salah with exclusion papers before he left for Britain.

Guards are also supposed to check all passengers against security watchlists but they failed to spot him or turn him away. Boris Johnson today criticised the UK Border Agency and told the Standard it was "extraordinary" that Mr Salah had been allowed into the country.

The radical cleric came to Britain to give a speech on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at the invitation of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, a group of Left-wing Labour MPs and union leaders including Jeremy Corbyn, John Austin and Bob Crow.

Mr Corbyn told the Standard: "I can't see how the police missed him at Conway Hall, he was speaking from the platform. It all sounds rather Inspector Clouseau."

The MP for Islington North also rejected criticism of his decision to invite Mr Salah to Britain, adding: "He is recognised as an important figure in Israel and if there is to be any kind of peace process he will have to be part of the dialogue.

"We checked him out and he denied completely that he was an anti-Semite so we thought it was appropriate to bring him over."

In 2008 Mr Salah was charged with incitement to violence and racism by a Jerusalem court over a speech in which he invoked what is known as the "blood libel" - a notorious anti-Semitic slur.

He was said to have accused Jewish people of using children's blood to bake bread. Afterwards, the 1,000-strong crowd rioted. Mr Salah was released from prison in 2005 after serving two years for raising millions for Palestinian terror group Hamas.

In a statement today, Ms May said: "We do not normally comment on individual cases but in this case I think it is important to do so.

"I can confirm he was excluded and that he managed to enter the UK. He has now been detained and the UK Border Agency is now making arrangements to remove him. A full investigation is taking place into how he was able to enter."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/yard-seizes-banned-islamic-preacher-6416580.html

Re: Deacon Banned from the UK for inciting Hate. by vedaxcool(m): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2013
never knew spencer had so many fans on nl.

(1) (Reply)

Yah Allah Guide Us,all The Way. / Age Gap In Relationships/marriages: Do We Still Frown At It? / (first 10 Days Of Dhulhijja) Care To Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.