Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns (15316 Views)

Army Arrests Kenneth Kobani, SSG, Rivers / Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG / National Treasurer Of New PDP Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Richtalk: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
Cracks in APC As ACN National Treasurer Resigns, Accuses Party of Ethno-Religious Slant
Posted by: Our Reporter on June 27, 2013 in Exclusive Leave a comment

The National Treasurer of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, and a member of the National Harmonization Committee, Mr. Kenneth Kobani has resigned accusing the All Progressive Congress, APC, of having a “clear ethno-religious slant.”
In his resignation letter, a copy which was sent to Pointblanknews.com, Kobani expressed very serious concern about the formation of the APC, insisting that it has failed to reflect the secularity and the geo-political realities of Nigeria.
“The outcome of my consultations is that they expressed very serious concerns that the proposed party is completely different in form, character, and orientation from the ideals of the ACN of which I am a member and its national treasurer; especially in so far as the proposed party has a clear ethno-religious slant, and does not take into account the secularity and geo-political realities of the very complex Nigeria State,” Kobani said in his letter quitting the party.
The resignation letter reads:
“After the conclusion of our meeting of today, 24th June 2013, held at the Lagos State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, which was convened to harmonise the distribution of Interim Offices of the proposed All Progressives Congress, (APC), l had cause to discuss the outcome with my constituents.
“The outcome of my consultations is that they expressed very serious concerns that the proposed party is completely different in form, character, and orientation from the ideals of the ACN of which I am a member and its national treasurer; especially in so far as the proposed party has a clear ethno-religious slant, and does not take into account the secularity and geo-political realities of the very complex Nigeria State.
“In view of these emerging facts of the merger, when taken within the concern I had expressed over the infiltration of some characters and influences into the state chapter of our party, ostensibly with the tacit support of some leading figures in the party, it is indeed with a heavy heart that l wish to inform you that l can no longer remain a member of the ACN, and hereby resign my position as National Treasurer and my membership of the merger harmonisation committee of the party.
“From the events of this evening, after much cogitation it is my firm conviction that the proposed political party (APC), which the leadership of the merging parties have subscribed to does not reflect in composition and structure the current realities of the Nigerian state.
“I wish to place on record my gratitude to you Mr. Chairman Sir, senior leaders of our party, my colleagues in the National Working Committee and the membership of our party for finding me worthy to have served you since 2010.
“I will take with me fond memories of your firm yet fatherly leadership and selfless service in the defense of Democracy. I will also always remember the many battles we fought and won and will never forget our collective resolve to fight injustice and oppression in our country; and ultimately, your unquenchable desire to change this country for the better.
“Finally, in spite of my strong reservations and objections to the new direction things have taken, my prayers remain that you succeed in all your future endeavors.
Yours faithfully
Kenneth Kobani

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/cracks-in-apc-as-acn-national-treasurer-resigns-accuses-party-of-ethno-religious-slant/

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by favouredseed(f): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
Is he just realising dat APC is an ethno-religious Party, well better late than never.

13 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
He has seen the future and observed that all will not be well with the APC in nigerian politics. He has decided to take precaution and save himself from any future embarrassment. He is wise man

6 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Pygru: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
correct man grin

5 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by passionate88: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
Politics, no permanent friend no permanent foe, next una go hear say him don join pdp

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Run for your life bro!

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by mike404(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
smiley
noblezone: Run for your life bro!
YOU SURE SAY BUHARI NO GO SEND HIS BOKO BOYS AFTER THIS MAN

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Sayfat(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
KENNETH KOBANI!!!
These people AGAIN?
I'm sure you know what I mean?

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by mike404(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Sayfat: KENNETH KOBANI!!!
These people AGAIN?
I'm sure you know what I mean?
undecided
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Meritbaba(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nice to see people with personal interest leaving the progressives

8 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by gregg2: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
But Rochas will not listen!
A housefly that refuses to listen to advice follows the corps into the grave.

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by tawa89(f): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
Wow. Kudos to you sir for such a matured resignation letter. I think this is a man of principle. It is almost impossible for Nigerians to resign from any post. Almost impossible.
@ OP you cannot wish away the fact that Nigeria is an ethno-religion conscious nation. That is one fact PDP understands nd APC doesnt. This my good friends is called ,Nigerian politics 101.

5 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Ngwakwe: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2013
There is still time for APC to correct this imbalance where their flag bearers are pre determined.

The last time we heard of ANPP, Ogbonna Onu of Ebonyi State is still their National Chairman even though their Party is primarily a Northern Party.

Secondly, National Secretary of APGA is a core Northerner.

During the last municipal elections in Abuja, ACN, PPA and APGA were very active in the election though being regional parties.

APC should be a Mega National Party where merit and equality are used to settle the competitive aspirations of its members.

3 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by tawa89(f): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
Meritbaba: Nice to see people with personal interest leaving the progressives
Personal interest you say? The man in focus was the National treasurer of ACN for years and then the NATIONAL treasurer of APC. He didnt need to resign but he did because he is principled and didnt like the posture of the newly merged party. Now, that is a man of honour!

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
Well shi.t happens but that is the best resignation letter i have ever read.

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by BabaEleko(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
Goodbye. Bad egg!!! Go join ur PDP pple.

3 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
that's why we must vote for individual and not party! Apc is just a terrorist group that will islamize nigeria with the help of buhari

1 Like

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by AroOkigbo(m): 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Goodluck to him.
2015 here we come- GEJ till 2019 (and beyond!)

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by fredopayee(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
PDP from child birth.. You are welcome to the moving training sir. Welcome sonm no! Prodigal son. PDP, home for NDIOMA. NDIUWA OMA.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by jiffylibra: 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Goodbye. Bad egg!!! Go join ur PDP pple.
so, all APc are good people?, What a way of reasoning!

6 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by fredopayee(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
PDP from child birth. You are welcome to moving train sir. Welcome son. No! Prodigal son. PDP, winners house!
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
Thank you for your service while it lasted

Resignation accepted

Dont let the door hit you on your way out sir

6 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by samtemple(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Anyway only you know your reason for resigning, because what you told the public might not be the reason.Better for you sha.

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by OAM4J: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
The reason he gave for his resignation sounds somehow to me. I thought ACN is more sectional/ethnocentric in it's outlook compare to APC.

I doubt he has given us the actual reason why he is resigning.

7 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by ldpele(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
more to come,am not surprised.
Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by jjcbuthot: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
He resigned because the new interim appointment of national officers of APC didnt favor him - he is a bad loser.

7 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by pistol: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kk,
One of the principal agents that looted rivers state blind during the tenure of peter odili.
See the caliber of people that answers progressives,
Smh.
They ACN dudes have sidelined you and you are just realising that it is an ethno religious party.
I de laff.
Click like if you want to see GEJ in aso rock till 2019

46 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by Elueme: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
The man who saw the future. APC is a sham!

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by KINGwax(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Phone rings, keneth picked up: hello

Voice: dnt ask who is talkin, jes let me knw if u want this offer or not. How much is ur salary per month?

Keneth: jes 700k.

Voice: make it a million. A year is 12mills. 10yrs is 120mills. Isn't dt right?

Keneth: yes Sir.

Voice: i will pay u for 10yrs, and another 30mills as colateral compensation.

Keneth: (stammering):::what..wh..what will u av me do? I cannot kill or....(Email notification beeps)..

Voice: av u received the mail?

Keneth: it's just....

Voice: read thru, and let me knw if u can do send the exact statement to any news agency. And u knw, u av to resign. Are u...

Keneth: i got u Sir. I..em..how will i get the money because...

Voice: do we av a deal, mr secretary?

Keneth: we do. But the money is ....

Voice: relax. An alert is comi....

Keneth: i av seen it Sir!

Voice: so?

Keneth: firsu thing tomorrow Sir. I swear Sir, i av resigned and....

Dial tone.....

14 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by justsayemma(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Sum people r against d oppositn cos they were paid 2 do so,som r jst foolishly followin pdp base on sentiment or 2 lazy 2 think.if d man was given a post in Apc,wuld he hav resigned? D Obj's,ANINI,ATIKU,AYIM PIUS,OJO MADUEKE,n co,whch party do they belong to? If there was no ethno religous tone in pdp,y were they fighting over zoning? Pdp without opposition means death 4 dis country

10 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by slimghost(m): 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kobani, the man who saw tomorrow. APC is a party of morons and losers.

2 Likes

Re: ACN National Treasurer Kobani Resigns by ALTRUTH(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu: Thank you for your service while it lasted

Resignation accepted

Dont let the door hit you on your way out sir

Wow u hav lost ur voice suddenly? SHAME ON U!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Signs 3 Executive Orders To Ease Business, Fast Track Budget Submission / APC Reps Caucus Endorses Tinubu For President / Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.