Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Free Mandela From Condemnation And Bigotry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free Mandela From Condemnation And Bigotry (523 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / First Nig Speaker, An Igbo Man Saved "MANDELA" From Early Death, Predicted Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Mandela From Condemnation And Bigotry by larryfreedom(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
It aches my heart to read the comment of a fellow who accused Mandela of selling out his people by continuing the white agenda when he became the first black president of South Africa inorder to gain recognition,fame and acceptability.What a demeaning comment!

Nelson Mandela acted as Moses for the South Africans and you can't accuse him for the black's woes thereafter.Moses helped free his people from the Egyptians but that does not mean he could be accused of the woes that befell the Israelites after being free from captivity.Freedom is the greatest gift one can offer another.Being jailed for 27 years so as to eradicate apartheid is enough to overshadow any flaws you might relate to Mandela.

With freedom comes great responsibility...He fought for freedom because he believed man should have a mind of his own and also be allowed to freely pursue his cause."A man can free another from physical captivity but not mental captivity"...Madiba freed his people physically but mental freedom can only be gained internally.
The condition of blacks in South Africa might not be pleasing,but never blame Madiba.He offered freedom,destroyed inequality,restored dignity and peace to the nation..What more do you want from him?...His life? You are about to have that.He is suffering today because of humanity,27 years in jail with hard labour is enough to deteriorate one's health.

Mandela dehumanised inhumanity to humanise humanity.He fought against white dominance likewise black dominance.Honour him not defame him....If only you could spend a day in Jail for a brother,you will know what sacrifice is and adore those who have been slaughtered indirectly for others to live a "meaningful life"
Don't you believe it is better to die free than to live in captivity.Don't you believe it is better to live poor than to be rich in captivity.Disagreeing with me makes me remember the Israelites who blamed God for bringing them out of captivity to suffer....
No matter how you defame my father(Nelson Mandela);you still cannot disassociate his name from FREEDOM.

A costly price he paid
A costly honour he earned.

Written by: Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! / Should Nigeria Break Up Or What Options Do We Have? / Jonathan Set To Remove Anti-jang Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.