Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,412 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT (10798 Views)

PHOTOS: Buhari And The Minister Of Environment, At UN Climate Change Conference / Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? / President Buhari Meets Barrack Obama (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by toshmann(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
Is Nigeria this bad or is it me that has changed since I left undecided

Bc I don't see how much it will cost to take care of this mess considering how much we pay our senators or how much they loot.

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
I can now see the reason why Nigerian policemen act like animals. The filthy environment is having untold effect on their brains. The government needs to do something about the living conditions of police in Nigeria before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Anniettieufia(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
You mean police barracks ?
And you are asking for reasons ?
Ok, i will give you just four;
1).
Police duties @ present is solely 3three activities :
.....To protect life not dirts,
.....To identify culprits not culture,
..... To make wealth not health.
2).
Police is our friends we are to help them.
3).
The barracks is not a living place, it is a jungle.
4).
Police institutions is now being run like a private business or schools,
they expect the oga @ D top to employ civilian labourers to clean-up their mess, (shame)

To my little knowledge , i know that in every forces & barracks there is a DIVISION of LABOUR, just as u have the police driver, mechanics,nurses,cleaners even cooks,but today, all these mechanism have all been sidelined, every man or woman recruited into the PF is now on the road, protecting LAIF,motorists & checkpoints.
Pls. Note.;
No More Road Blocks.

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by AbuMikey(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
iLaugh

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Beaf1: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
iPolice

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Tokotaya: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thanks for the effort. But Nigerian policemen are generally dirty and rough. Apparently you just returned from abroad. Have you seen Nigerian police patrol van?

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Iceslizer(f): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
angry
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Kevsman(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okija_juju: You get luck say Officer no catch you.. You for become Boko Haram Spy or informer.. Your bail; 500,000 Naira & above.. grin

In other News: All Barracks Nationwide are dirty.. Police Barracks & Army Barracks take the lead..

Why do you think they are called 'Pigs'
wich of the army barracks are you talking about? Becous the one am living in (82 division Enugu) is a very clean and one of the best place to live in
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by emmaliveth10(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
chaaaaaaaaiiiii......nawa for ndi ekelebe!
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Okijajuju1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
Kevsman: wich of the army barracks are you talking about? Becous the one am living in (82 division Enugu) is a very clean and one of the best place to live in
\

Akim Barracks Calabar..

Bori Camp Port- Harcourt.

Police Barracks Calabar.

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Gudiza(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Cele-pope:
@OP that place is very close to my Estate.The pix is not even in details.It only shows like 5 percent of the filt of that place.A visit around that area will make my statement more understandable.That place smells like skunk.The Police quarters is not fit for pigs to stay.Anytime i pass through that place i ask myself what human beings do live there?Even the Police station is a no go area.An inmate there can easily develop lung cancer.Ironically its about 5 minutes walk to the Legislative Quarters at Apo where 80% of the National Assembly members live.

Passed through that place about a month ago and as the OP rightly said, it is dirty but not overly dirty like that in terms of physical waste (please don't get me wrong).

What stands out in my opinion is the eyesore of open sewers and the stench that emanates from them - perfect combo for fill in the gap.. The air is so thick & polluted, you just want to suspend your nostrils as you fly through.

Even if you don't have a sensitive nose, you will notice the change as you leave that environment, and yet, this is where folks call happy home i.e living, selling, eating, worshipping, everything normal - wetin dem go do.

Speaking of the Legislative Quarters, I'm really confused about this one, cos majority of the folks who live there are not currently serving legislators, (as the place has been sold off), no doubt rich, but it would surprise you to know that good number of them are confirmed pigs!

Generally, we have very ineffective and inefficient waste management culture.

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by coalcoal1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
free2ryhme: even the moderator that pushed this topic to front shld have deemed it fit to correct the error in the thread title... from "Unkempt" to "Unkept"

Is shows how we can miss out little details that can mark the different btw right and wrong.

You are a learner

You are the one who needs to check your spellings here. Are you sure you passed English Language in WAEC so?

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by toshmann(m): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okija_juju: \

Akim Barracks Calabar..

Police Barracks Calabar.

O men! I remember these two barracks. I lived in barracks road calabar. I remember now. It was pathetic embarassed
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by owobokiri(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
I just wonder how the "cell" will look like..
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
Shut up cuz u havnt bn 2 d all d Army barracks in asokoro
Okija_juju: You get luck say Officer no catch you.. You for become Boko Haram Spy or informer.. Your bail; 500,000 Naira & above.. grin

In other News: All Barracks Nationwide are dirty.. Police Barracks & Army Barracks take the lead..

Why do you think they are called 'Pigs'
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by biafranqueen: 1:57am On Jun 29, 2013
all4naija: I can now see the reason why Nigerian policemen act like animals. The filthy environment is having untold effect on their brains. The government needs to do something about the living conditions of police in Nigeria before it is too late.
great point! during the drug wars they increased the police salary by 50% in the states and it really help to stop them taking bribe money they also got full paid health mental and dental benefits.

http://www.joinlapd.com/salary.html
The starting base salary for high school(Secondary) graduates is $47,042.(7 million Naira) If you have at least 60 college semester units, with an overall GPA of [b]2.0 [/b]or better, you will start at $48,942. If you have a BA or BS (four year) degree you will start at $50,842. Police Officer salary increases after successful completion of the 6-month Police Academy, with annual salary increases thereafter up to $83,311.(13 Million Naira)
Things would change if our police made this much!
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by okpukmbat: 9:41am On Jun 29, 2013
prettyjafar: Why is it dat any dirty thing is police

....so, I can now says " AS DIRTY AS POLICE" LMAO.......

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by XavierSmiley: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2013
free2ryhme: even the moderator that pushed this topic to front shld have deemed it fit to correct the error in the thread title... from "Unkempt" to "Unkept"

Is shows how we can miss out little details that can mark the different btw right and wrong.

You are a learner

Mr. Over-sabi Teacher! Ʊ're the real "olodo".... UNKEMPT is a very correct and existent English word... Get ur facts right before spilling ur illiteracy over the place.

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by adaobasi(f): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2013
@free2ryhme:You are a LEARNER big time,better go back to school and catch up with the little different details you left behind.

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by toshmann(m): 10:02am On Jun 29, 2013

You are a learner

grin grin
Free2rhyme, professor of English language at the university of umuizombe grin
Guy see as you come disgrace yourself for Internet grin

Be like say u go return to high school wink

1 Like

Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Celepope: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Gudiza:

Passed through that place about a month ago and as the OP rightly said, it is dirty but not overly dirty like that in terms of physical waste (please don't get me wrong).

What stands out in my opinion is the eyesore of open sewers and the stench that emanates from them - perfect combo for fill in the gap.. The air is so thick & polluted, you just want to suspend your nostrils as you fly through.

Even if you don't have a sensitive nose, you will notice the change as you leave that environment, and yet, this is where folks call happy home i.e living, selling, eating, worshipping, everything normal - wetin dem go do.

Speaking of the Legislative Quarters, I'm really confused about this one, cos majority of the folks who live there are not currently serving legislators, (as the place has been sold off), no doubt rich, but it would surprise you to know that good number of them are confirmed pigs!

Generally, we have very ineffective and inefficient waste management culture.
Bro no need to argue with you the Legislative quarters is where i live whenever i am around so its my second home.Which anyway you wanna put it that the place has been sold that is not necessary,it is still Legislative quarters cause that is where the Senate President and the Speaker lives.
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by wizdylan: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2013
nice
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by holums(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
Black people are always dirty........Africa is alwayz filthy....other continents are not as dirty as Africa
Re: Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT by Celepope: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
holums: Black people are always dirty........Africa is alwayz filthy....other continents are not as dirty as Africa
How did you come to this conclusion?If Africa is dirty then go and check out countries i.e Laos,Myamer,Mongolia in Asia and come back to this thread to testify that Africa is cleaner than Asia

(1) (2) (Reply)

FEC Okays N310b For Roads Projects / NNPC Signs $1.5 Billion Contract For Rehabilitation Of PH Refinery / FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.