Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got (1158 Views)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got by odagu1863: 8:57am On Jun 29, 2013
Pls Nairalanders
i recently got a job with a company. i Ђåvε bin offered appointment letter which i have signed and was scheduled to resume dį̸̸̨§ coming monday 1st of July. Jus yesday another company gave ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ another offer which is better than the former offer also to resume this monday 1st of july.
How best do i tell the first company that i will  longer work for them.
Pls constructive advice needed as soon as possible cos am to resume either of them on monday
Re: Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got by trekkie: 9:41am On Jun 29, 2013
firstly lucky you. smiley
now you should have a copy of your acceptance letter which you signed what does it say about notice? it should be no more than two weeks since u r a new employee. then (i believe you should have a number by now) pronto call someone in authority you know in the first place you have signed already to inform them verbally of your intention not to work with them anymore and so put them on notice. then ask for time to come in and refuse the appointment formally (in writing) don't allow more than 3 days for this.
on monday you'll resume at your preferred job and then you need to make time during any lunch hour to go over to the first place and process your "resignation" make sure you write the letter before hand and make sure the relevant pple are in the office and expecting you before going over to make the process go faster.

now you may need to eat humble pie at the place you have already signed so just determine that no matter what they say to you, bear it. cos many people wanted that job and they gave it to you. you may not know who will be humiliated by this your refusal to work with them. so grovel if you have to just to be released from your obligation.

leave your dignity at the door so you don't rile someone up 'cos some hr professionals can...just to be bloody minded....choose to make your exit difficult for you.

if you got your job through man-know-man wink please see the person who connected you and explain yourself hold nothing back and apologize so they'll help you again in the future.

whew! LOL i have written a lot grin hope you'll read all. and all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got by mascot87(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2013
Trekkie as said it all but bro,how did get two different jobs at the same time when people like us are still looking for one?Abeg,how will you help me with the job you are about to differ or another? If you can help,please let be know.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got by odagu1863: 11:27am On Jun 29, 2013
trekkie: firstly lucky you. smiley
now you should have a copy of your acceptance letter which you signed what does it say about notice? it should be no more than two weeks since u r a new employee. then (i believe you should have a number by now) pronto call someone in authority you know in the first place you have signed already to inform them verbally of your intention not to work with them anymore and so put them on notice. then ask for time to come in and refuse the appointment formally (in writing) don't allow more than 3 days for this.
on monday you'll resume at your preferred job and then you need to make time during any lunch hour to go over to the first place and process your "resignation" make sure you write the letter before hand and make sure the relevant pple are in the office and expecting you before going over to make the process go faster.

now you may need to eat humble pie at the place you have already signed so just determine that no matter what they say to you, bear it. cos many people wanted that job and they gave it to you. you may not know who will be humiliated by this your refusal to work with them. so grovel if you have to just to be released from your obligation.

leave your dignity at the door so you don't rile someone up 'cos some hr professionals can...just to be bloody minded....choose to make your exit difficult for you.

if you got your job through man-know-man wink please see the person who connected you and explain yourself hold nothing back and apologize so they'll help you again in the future.

whew! LOL i have written a lot grin hope you'll read all. and all the best.

Thanks for your submission
Please i want to make it clear that i only signed the appointment letter and have Ŋ¤τ̲̅ worked with them even for one day.S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ why wud D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ want to make it dificult for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥?
Please advice ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on how to write dį̸̸̨§ resignation letter even when i vnt worked an hour for them.
Won't just sendin a text message be enough?
Re: Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got by trekkie: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
your signature on the document makes it a legal document even if you have not started working. the principle is that you have agreed to work for them; now i don't expect anyone to go the legal route; at least not in naija anyway. smiley

now why you should not send a text
sending a text is the height of "arifin" which means "insult" and does not speak well of you. smiley
it makes you seem like an ingrate after all you were happy to get the job before the new one came. smiley
i assume that both companies offered you similar positions and you don't really want to start your professional career being perceived as being flippant. you may have reason to interact with this company again. don't burn your bridges. smiley
remember the law of God what goes around comes around.in other words you reap what you sow. do the right thing. smiley

address the letter to the hr or admin manager or whoever is in charge of your recruitment.
you can just begin by saying RE: APPOINTMENT AS ..........
first thank them for the opportunity to serve in whatever capacity i.e. your job title and because of the regard you have for the company you enthusiastically accepted their offer. (this is to soften the coming blow) cheesy
however, for PERSONAL REASONS, you regretfully have to decline the offer.blah blah blah you look forward to working with them again in the future. you are sorry for any inconveniences you may have caused the company (admit nothing on paper hence the words "may have caused" ) wink
thank them once again for the opportunity blah blah blah
yours ....
hope this helps all the best smiley
Re: Best Way To Leave A New Job U Just Got by odagu1863: 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
trekkie: your signature on the document makes it a legal document even if you have not started working. the principle is that you have agreed to work for them; now i don't expect anyone to go the legal route; at least not in naija anyway. smiley

now why you should not send a text
sending a text is the height of "arifin" which means "insult" and does not speak well of you. smiley
it makes you seem like an ingrate after all you were happy to get the job before the new one came. smiley
i assume that both companies offered you similar positions and you don't really want to start your professional career being perceived as being flippant. you may have reason to interact with this company again. don't burn your bridges. smiley
remember the law of God what goes around comes around.in other words you reap what you sow. do the right thing. smiley
Thanks
you are G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ sent

address the letter to the hr or admin manager or whoever is in charge of your recruitment.
you can just begin by saying RE: APPOINTMENT AS ..........
first thank them for the opportunity to serve in whatever capacity i.e. your job title and because of the regard you have for the company you enthusiastically accepted their offer. (this is to soften the coming blow) cheesy
however, for PERSONAL REASONS, you regretfully have to decline the offer.blah blah blah you look forward to working with them again in the future. you are sorry for any inconveniences you may have caused the company (admit nothing on paper hence the words "may have caused" ) wink
thank them once again for the opportunity blah blah blah
yours ....
hope this helps all the best smiley

(1) (Reply)

Female Guest Service Agent, Female House-keeping Supervisor. / Bank Teller Officer Vacancy / Nairadomain Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.