Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls (38071 Views)

As A Corper Which Business Can Someone Do With 100k During His Service Year / Ben Bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k After POP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Daniel058(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
brownlord:

You mean 500k? abi na 500k dollars??
no be 9ja u dey?
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by ATMCARD2(m): 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Policewoman: Recharge card.
.I tot they transferd u 2 Borno?
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
....my own few list of investment....
..1. If u studied health science...open a medicine &convienence store
2. U can open a cement shop...the cash is enough to land u half trailer tonne....u should be making abt 45k after selling 300bags of cement
3. Okada bizness is lucrative..if only u can take risk and get reliable folkz....500k wld land u 4 brandnew bajaj motorcycle....they deliver 1k/day in rural areas and more in urban areas...4k/dayx5 working days a week=16kx4 weeks a month=64k

this is all i can think of for now
u wld only sustain this bizness if only
1. U re focused
2. U av a target goal/aim
3. If u dont drink
4. If u dont womanize
5. Pray 4 Gods favour&blessings. Goodluck
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by texaco1: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
akonucheinfo:

Good advise,but is such advise for N500k? I doubt. Easier said than done.divide it into two, use half to invest on Land That's 250k for Land lol. Pls where can I buy such land cos am interested.
he needs a job , that money is not enough to sustain him and grow a business in nigeria , he can get a land in Nigeria for 300k it doesn't have to be in Lagos , it may be in Ibadan or somewhere , land appreciates in Nigeria almost on a monthly basis , if he buys a plot of land for 300k in July and resells it in august for 330k the point is he is keeping his cash , he must find another biz to do to supplement his salary , the salary will be for his up keeping while he manages to grow the money he has left from the 500k

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by ATMCARD2(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
mike404: I do import gold from sierra leone, so if you wanna do biz with me then halla @ ya boy... I'll be monitoring this thread incase ya interested
.Plz wat kind of goods do u import?
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
texaco1:
he needs a job , that money is not enough to sustain him and grow a business in nigeria , he can get a land in Nigeria for 300k it doesn't have to be in Lagos , it may be in Ibadan or somewhere , land appreciates in Nigeria almost on a monthly basis , if he buys a plot of land for 300k in July and resells it in august for 330k the point is he is keeping his cash , he must find another biz to do to supplement his salary , the salary will be for his up keeping while he manages to grow the money he has left from the 500k
its enough to start a lucrative bizness
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by rodriogo: 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
go nd meet yuezudo mia bloda *lemme serious nw*see ermm... u beta go nd learn a trade,if not dat moni will jz waste.
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by texaco1: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
its enough to start a lucrative bizness
like what ?pls give me an idea and remember he will be feeding in that money too
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=texaco1]
he needs a job , that money is not enough to sustain him and grow a business in nigeria , he can get a land in Nigeria for 300k it doesn't have to be in Lagos , it may be in Ibadan or somewhere , land appreciates in Nigeria almost on a monthly basis , if he buys a plot of land for 300k in July and resells it in august for 330k the point is he is keeping his cash , he must find another biz to do to supplement his salary , the salary will be for his up keeping while he manages to grow the money he has left from the 500k[/quote
scroll back up.....u wld see my biz options

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
@op - if you're not buying any of the advices nairalanders are giving you, just buy flour, 'agbari ojukwu' like 3 and start selling puff puff lipsrsealed employ some women if necessary then place them in strategic locations.. Just don't travel out with that money cuz e go pain me
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by adieora(f): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
Invest in your girlfriend

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by texaco1: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
u wld only sustain this bizness if only
1. U re focused
2. U av a target goal/aim
3. If u dont drink
4. If u dont womanize
5. Pray 4 Gods favour&blessings.
Goodluck
u still haven't given me how he will sustain himself as a business starter with that amount and no other source of income coming in .
the best way to move up in life is to have multiple streams of income and this is what i have given him
get a job even if it 20k a month
buy a land not more than 300k and resell it after 2 months ,
use the remaining 150k to be doing little little trading to support but the time he knows he will be have money coming in from 3 sources , if he dares plunge all that money in one business i pity him , he will grow leaner than prisoner inside kirikiri prison
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Mexky: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=Pyrrho]Buy a cheap car, (400 or so)use it for taxi biz.[/quote am interested. Plz, drop ur contact. My email is chimexakoma@yahoo.com
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
following
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
playah P: My guy, 500k can't do jack for you in terms of business!!... Unless you wanna drive a taxi or do some really small scale (and bound to fail) biz.

I run a biz and I know the innit.

But there is a way out.

You can buy good (I mean really nice) corporate wears, package them well and move it from office to office (you'd need a car for mobility)..

Someone like me, I love urban wears and classy coperate attires... But I rarely ever have the time (or maybe I'm just lazy) to go shopping!!....

- you can open up a business centre in a school environment!.. Buy fotocopier, scanner, have one or two typists and generator... Its a good business and it will sustain u if you dedicate urself to it!!

- what skill do you have??
I'm a music producer, produced for so many people then after establishing good connects, I moved on to importation of studio equipments and studio buildin (while I still produce)...
Don't take this as bragging but I can boast of over 20 studios I've set up for people (minus the two I own)....

At the beginning of my write-up, I tot 500k is too small for a biz but I don't think so anymore...

U need faith too... Being an entrepreneur no be by mouth alone!
You have to be dogged and willing to sweat it out...
U also have to stay away from credit trap.. Ur biz must be cash and carry!!

You also need to be patient.

Best of luck!!..

lol.....it can do alot.....it wld go along way
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by gsalvatore: 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
Elizabethoni: My brother,there's one lucrative biz wey pple never know yet. If u get better person for uk...and how u go dey send ALOMO bitters to the person to help u sell, u better start the biz NOW! The small bottle of Alomo bitters is between 200- 250naira but guess how much them dey sell am for london? £10!!!! That's approximtely 2500-2600naira. Cool Money! Cool biz! Just make sure u get sure link for that side.

Okay for other business,I can give u a link. Send me ur email addy and I'll send u d link. I'm into bizness too nd doing well than some of my friends wey dey work sef. So Holla!
my broda me go like get dat LINK abeg, ur Alomo idea sounds good. Man really need start somtin. Shap shap, here is my Email addy. George_salvatore@yahoo.com.
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
texaco1:
u still haven't given me how he will sustain himself as a business starter with that amount and no other source of income coming in .
the best way to move up in life is to have multiple streams of income and this is what i have given him
get a job even if it 20k a month
buy a land not more than 300k and resell it after 2 months ,
use the remaining 150k to be doing little little trading to support but the time he knows he will be have money coming in from 3 sources , if he dares plunge all that money in one business i pity him , he will grow leaner than prisoner inside kirikiri prison
land.......funny
do u knw how bizness men run thingz.....@least he should be living with his family pending the time he is gonna stand on his fit....start from d scratch then to the top.....e.g seun osewa back in 2005 and whia he his today.....amongst forbes list

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by ATMCARD2(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Plz can any 1 recommend or suggest 2 me whr 2 get gud quality stock wears 4 men in large quantity at a cheaper rate.Tnx.
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Provie: Locate an academic environ, rent a shop (60k); buy 2 gud photcopiers (160k); 2 sets of fairly-used computers (80k); one 2900 gen set (50k) & printer (30k). Start a biz centre wit these items. Employ 3 capable hands & be d boss, I mean an active supervisor. U ar guaranteed at least 80k monthly after overhead cost.

Gudluck.
wise post....another lucrative post
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by texaco1: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
land.......funny
do u knw how bizness men run thingz.....@least he should be living with his family pending the time he is gonna stand on his fit....start from d scratch then to the top.....e.g seun osewa back in 2005 and whia he his today.....amongst forbes list
i am not asking him to build a house i am asking him to resell it , dont tell me u guys dont know about real estates gold mine ? shocked
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by exquisitM(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
I knw 500k is not a huge capital for a lucrative business,but he can still open a cosmetic shop with it;though in a small scale.preferably in a varsity environ..
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by ozoemeka(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bookmark
SmarisAjur: go into politics and I give just one month and u will be making ur Ist twenty million.
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Omoaiye(m): 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Start selling chicken shit to farmers. grin
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bright2: Start up a small block industry in a new layout,you don't need to buy a truck for now as truck owners will exchange phone number with you so you can call them when you make much sales.
great.....but it wont be enough considering
1. Purchasing a land
2,buying and installation of both engines(lister&d moulding machine)
3.buying of raw materials for a start e.g....cement and co.
4. Pallet contruction by capenter...u wld need abt 800k in a rural area...without a truck
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by tafadodo: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
hi what do enjoy doing.with a good implementor u can set up a sizeable gym which im certain will do well dat is if and only if u can get a good instructor with years of experience .here my mail paulayodele38@yahoo.com or call 08029246555
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Emperor5c(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Deep Things: @OP, NOTE: most businesses at a distance look, seem, sound good and nice but various factors plays out. You must answer in the affirmative before deciding to start a business.

Thank God you are educated, Draw this simple feasibility table

1. Pen and Paper
2. Draw Nine column label them S/N, Biz Name, Description, Source, Market, Competition,Expected Income, Possible failures & Remedy
NOTE: small business can be service (u must have the skill required if u are a starter) or sales (convince yourself of profitability from the table u drawn)
3. Suggested services: Barbing saloon, Laundry and Dry Cleaning, Decorations, Phone and Laptop Repairs, Mobile Money agent, etc
4. Sales: bookshop, pastries, electrical accessories sales, phone accessories sales, clothing sales,etc.

5. Subject any business chosen to the 8 criteria above and convince urself there is a road ahead.

Remember it's easy to loose ur earnings faster u made them, speaking from experience.
Biz is more than 1+2=3, life is non-uniform.

any sense in my ranting?
Broda, U do CEDR vewi well for skol
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by Ekennovative(m): 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
=>You can go into clothing business. I suggest women's clothing.

=>Depending on how fast you comprehend, you can learn the trade within a month.

=>The capital you have is enough to start this business. Without being specific, I know that it can;
i. Rent you a shop
ii. Furnish the shop(not on the high side)
iii. Buy you enough stock to get started i.e clothes.

=>Ensure to situate yourself in a MARKET, no product ever sells outside the market. If you are in lagos, you can think of balogun-trade fair or the likes. Just make sure that you are in the market.

=>For the start, you can make purchases from lagos island before you are grounded enough to travel to where other major dealers make purchases. Such as Togo, main market onitsha, Turkey, Uk, US, Vietnam and of couse CHINA.

=>Endeavour to also check out the article in my signature for ideas on retail and wholesale businesses that you can start.
Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by 360command: 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Bro just go in production (Custard) register it (ur biz name) with NAFDC .get two worker. Then go to d street look for provision stores tell them about ur products if its gd dey will buy.
bro , please don't listen to this fake guy. People are fake by their comments they give. For you to go into anything that associate with food, if imported, u have to pay 1 million naira. If its locally made I guess its 270k -500k for nafdac approval. Custard isn't moving like that. I will rather try baby food than custard cause the population of Nigeria is growing.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls by munaco: 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dentine: continue in the same business that gave you the savings
thanks for that. does it mean 500k is not in Nigeria today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corps Member Collapses During Swearing-in Ceremony In Jos (photo) / Robbers Disguised As Policemen, Rape Corpers Along Kaduna-Abuja Highway / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.