Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers (23464 Views)

Download Your Torrents/massive Data Files For #300 Per 1GB! / Download Your Torrents/massive Data Files For #300 Per 1GB! / Stunning Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers_o'l Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
Cooling Plant in Finland

A overhead view of the cooling pipes at Google's data center in Hamina, Finland, which uses only seawater to cool its servers.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/edej45emjgl/colorful-pipes-in-the-dalles/

...I'm sorry about the breaks....
Source:www.forbes.com

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
Colorful Pipes In The Dalles

These pipes carry water in and out of Google's The Dalles, Ore., data center. The blue pipes supply cold water and the red pipes return the warm water back to be cooled.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Blue-Lit Servers

Twin banks of servers at the data center in Douglas County, Ga. use energy-thrifty blue LEDs as monitor lights.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
Google's Big Ear In Iowa

This massive antenna in Council Bluffs, Ia., receives signals for Google's new access service division which brings fiber optics to residential homes all over the globe. These antennas are also the primary signal source for hundreds of TV channels that make up Google Fiber's TV service.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
Curtains In Council Bluffs

Plastic curtains hang in a network room inside Google's Council Bluffs, Ia., data center. Cold air is served up through the floor, and the clear plastic barriers help keep the cold air in while keeping hot air out.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Reusing Old Tanks

Google used what it could of an old paper mill for its data center in Hamina, Finland, converting these tanks that were previously used in the paper making process.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
Colorful Pipes

These pipes send and receive water for cooling Google's data center in Douglas County, Ga. Workers use the bike shown in the photo to get around the vast data center

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
Up Above The Massive Floor

Huge steel beams support the structure of the Council Bluffs, Ia., data center and distribute power.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
These Pipes Have The U-Bend

Insulated pipes like these are bent in a U-shape so they can expand and contract as the fluid temperature inside the pipe changes.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
ok
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
Cables By Color

Cables at the data center in The Dalles, Ore., like the cables at all Google data centers, are organized by hue.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by redcliff: 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
Google will be in heaven and the next world!
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by ZN2: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
Damn, talk about infrastructure.

You should see their offices too. wink
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2013
I've got it all covered: Ph.D. at 29, Google at 30.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Olucheye(m): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mad Brains, Great Innovation, Attractive Infrastructures... Lovely offices.
Saw some couple of pictures of their offices..and could arguably say they've got the best Working Environment for their staffs.

Things like this would make your brain work at the optimum best. Thumbs up to the google guys ( Larry Page n his 2nd guy). They're sure making workplace colorful n fun again.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
werin all those pipe dey do? Nairaland get all this one?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Mattex001(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
Hmmm dis is cool...
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by egift(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
Someone once asked me if it is possible to hack Google. I laughed. I now see more reason to justify the comic query.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by knightsamsong(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
nigerians are busy chasing religion c what their equals across d board are putn together...

12 Likes

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Ezedon(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
what did i benefit from all these pictures ni?
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Ezedon(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ezedon: what did i benefit from all these pictures ni?
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by redcliff: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ezedon: what did i benefit from all these pictures ni?

You can't get anything from the pictures because you are not technologically inclined.

22 Likes

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by Montalo(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
please, is there any plan of building one in 9ja?
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by 50calibre(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
Good! Where they can now scale up their continuous monitoring of our private lives, and store terabytes upon terabytes of people's data.

A new era of slavery is coming.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by alienware(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
I no longer use google.......... I have memorized all the web pages. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by vosquare: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
ds ppl dn develop pas nrmal
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
The Brain At Council Bluffs

Routers and switches inside the network room of Google's Council Bluffs, Ia., data center. The fiber optic network inside the building can run at speeds that are more than 200,000 times faster than a typical home Internet connection. The fiber cables run along the yellow cable trays near the ceiling.

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by WizPrince1(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
Wow, Wonderful
Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by powerblaze(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
oluface: werin all those pipe dey do? Nairaland get all this one?

Nairaland Na simple switch: BAN and UNBAN

20 Likes

Re: Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers by sunny3kng(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
In Case Of Fire

Pipes with highly pressurized water stand ready to extinguish a fire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guides For Buying New Or Used Laptops For Beginners / Fix Your Gadgets Without Leaving Your Comfort Zone / How To Get Your Smadav Antivirus Activated For Life (pro)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.