Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

I'm So Confused - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm So Confused (2231 Views)

Tomorrow Is My Girl Friend's Traditional Marriage...so Confused!!! / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Marriage Things: I Am So Confused, Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm So Confused by Dexlomo: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2009
Hello NLanders,
I just finished my Masters not too long ago and my dad helped resecured my job in one of the 24 banks in the country. However, I got my greatest shocker from him shocked shocked shocked.
I am single and still searching but he has given me a mandate to introduce my fiancee not later than next Val's day as he claimed he has done what is expected of a responsible father and I should now act as a responsible son. To make matters worse, he is now comparing me with my younger brother who just started his masters and is planning is planning getting married once he comes back.
I am still new in the game as I was exposed during my MSc days and can't thank my friends enough for this. However, I have not really found my dream girl as the girls I meet are those who want me because I want them and we are busy giving ourselves nice times. I believe my dad is failing to understand that I just started enjoying life and it will be most advisable I enjoy it to the fullest before getting married.
I am thinking of moving out of the house because he has offered me our 2 bedroom BQ ever since I came back but would that free me from his ultimatum?
Re: I'm So Confused by mrperfect(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2009
As far as the Ego/owo dey to cater for both of you, just fight a desperate battle and get one babe is not all that hard if you focus.
But Man, don't make mistake if you can find one, just tell your daddy to give you sometime.
Re: I'm So Confused by Radiant(f): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
You can only marry when you find your "missing rib".

Seriously, what's with all these parents? Marry marry as if it's a damn piece o' cheesecake. Tell the man he go wait tire.

My parents dare not. grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2009
The last i saw this, was in a movie and it backfired
Re: I'm So Confused by SeanT21(f): 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2009
He needs to leave U alone. Take your time.
Re: I'm So Confused by Pharoh: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2009
Talk to him to give you more time and see reasons why you have to be careful about this marriage thing.

Going out of his comfort at this time because of this issue is a slap on the contribution he has made for you to be where you are today. So please respect him and talk to him like a father and i am sure he will understand.
Re: I'm So Confused by Dexlomo: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
Pharoh:

Talk to him to give you more time and see reasons why you have to be careful about this marriage thing.

Going out of his comfort at this time because of this issue is a slap on the contribution he has made for you to be where you are today. So please respect him and talk to him like a father and i am sure he will understand.
It's not dat I can't talk to him but U shd understand dat our parents blive dey have d final say. He usually claims I have all it takes to find myself a wife n doesn't want to blive dat it's rily not yet my time. I am convinced y he is getting too serious about al dis is because of my younger broda who wants to get married after his Masters. He is d gud boy who is loyal n is responsible unlike me who after my education isn't settling down yet.
Gues, I wil have to run to UK since they neva bodad getting back my British passport from me ever since I came back in September and den come back wen I am ready. This is because I know dey wil surely cal for me once I abscond.
Radiant:

You can only marry when you find your "missing rib".

Seriously, what's with all these parents? Marry marry as if it's a damn piece o' cheesecake. Tell the man he go wait tire.

My parents dare not. grin
Babe, please don't think so because I neva blived my parents cud say this. Dey decieved me wit too much morals wen I was growing up n neva allowed me do d things my peers were doing.
mrperfect:

As far as the Ego/owo dey to cater for both of you, just fight a desperate battle and get one babe is not all that hard if you focus.
But Man, don't make mistake if you can find one, just tell your daddy to give you sometime.

APerfect,
D mony is not d problem but dey don't want me to enjoy myself. I wil run away alone.
Re: I'm So Confused by netotse(m): 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2009
lngkmd. . .u've finished a masters and come back and you're wondering why your parents havent collected your passport?. . .how old are you?
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2009
netotse:

lngkmd. . .u've finished a masters and come back and you're wondering why your parents havent collected your passport?. . .how old are you?

ooouuucccchhhhh that was below the belt.
Re: I'm So Confused by Pharoh: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

ooouuucccchhhhh that was below the belt.

Yeah below but it is relevant because i am also shocked by that statement, i know he his a daddy's boy thats why i gave him that advice. I also considered that they were his sponsors unlike some of us who sponsored ourselves.

But the truth still remains that he has to call the shots right now or else they will even poke nose into his married life, the signs are just self evident in the way he is writting here.

sad
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
You cld have a point there.
I think the guy is just using style to find woman for nairaland for fun. . . . sorry dont blv that kinda things still happens.
Re: I'm So Confused by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

The poster does sound rather immature; no insult meant. . . . . Sorry cant think of a better word to describe him.

The fact that his parents are still manipulating him shows that he is not ready to be a husband yet, which he has also rightly acknowledged & I respect him for that.

If your parents have strong & health hearts & can take the shock, just tell them that you are gay. That will keep them off your back for a few months until you have matured a little more in the relationship department.

To hold a wedding is very easy but to sustain a marriage is a lot harder

Me no dey for that one oh.
Re: I'm So Confused by Radiant(f): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

If your parents have strong & health hearts & can take the shock, just tell them that you are gay. That will keep them off your back for a few months until you have matured a little more in the relationship department.

Is this the latest excuse? wink grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^^ Lol
Re: I'm So Confused by netotse(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2009
Radiant:

Is this the latest excuse? wink grin

until his parents find a pastor that can deliver him from the demon of homosexuality. . .lol
Re: I'm So Confused by Fiona0007: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2009
chaircover:

I see the point. But I don't think he needs to tell a lie to his pushy parents.
Suggestion: Better find a job and try to stand on his own feet first before making any commitment.
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2009
netotse:

until his parents find a pastor that can deliver him from the demon of homosexuality. . .lol

And i am sure there would be enuf of those in Nija
Re: I'm So Confused by Pharoh: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
Where is the poster?
Re: I'm So Confused by Radiant(f): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2009
Convincing his parents to let him "have fun" grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2009
Radiant:

hahahahaha
Re: I'm So Confused by Pharoh: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2009
Radiant:

Hahaha grin, its taking too long or did they sized his laptop instead of his passport so he couldn't post here anymore. Maybe they have tied him down at home i guess grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Radiant(f): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
Breaking news. . . .

Poster Has Been Grounded grin grin grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2009
Radiant:

Breaking news. . . .

You are so meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: I'm So Confused by Pharoh: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
Radiant:

Breaking news. . . .

Untill Further Notice By Honorable Radiant grin grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Radiant(f): 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2009
lipsrsealed grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pharoh:

Untill Further Notice By Honorable Radiant grin grin

You people are mean oh
Re: I'm So Confused by Pharoh: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You people are mean oh

You think so check him out here for yourself lol cheesy https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=351095.msg4912746#msg4912746
Re: I'm So Confused by Fhemmmy: 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pharoh:

You think so check him out here for yourself lol cheesy https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=351095.msg4912746#msg4912746

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I think the dude is messed up big time
Re: I'm So Confused by Radiant(f): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
And he's supposed to present a wife to his parents in 3 months time? grin
Re: I'm So Confused by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
the horrors of apron strings

dad financed masters, dad got him the job
he lives in dad's compound,

@ op, sorry, but unless u start doing stuff for yourself - ur old man will keep seeing you as a teenager who he can push around
Re: I'm So Confused by victorazy(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2009
the poster is a lier

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help "My Children Fear Me, Rather Than Respecting Me" / How Lemon Juice And Hot Water May Help You Lose Weight / How To Get Motivated To Go Back To Work/school After The Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.