Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure (18889 Views)

7 Boko Haram Inmates Escape From Ekwuluobia Prison In Anambra( *picture*) / Tension In Anambra As 7 Boko Haram Inmates Escape From Ekwuluobia Prison / Jail Break In Minna Prison, 270 Inmates Freed, Weapons Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by sammietos(m): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
More than 170 inmates have been set free during an attack at the Olokuta medium security prison at the Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) in Akure Sunday morning.

The incident occured when some heavily armed gunmen struck at the prison facility with explosives and other dangerous weapons shooting sporadically into the air.

The incidence happened around 12:10am in the early hours of the day, leaving no fewer than four person injured during a gun battle.

Sources at the prison revealed that the bandits were calling on the names of those who they wanted to release while they gathered them in a corner and broke the prison for them to escape.

“They came and were calling the names of people they want to set free. There is this particular name from Edo state that they were calling simultaneously. I think he is a prominent criminal in the prison. The name is from those benin area”, Our source said.

Speaking to reporters shortly after the incidence, Comptroller of the prison in the state Tunde Olayiwola said some of the inmates who escaped during the jail break have been arrested while one officer sustained degrees of injuries during the attack.

Olayiwole who refused giving the name of the officer revealed that the injured officer has been rushed to the hospital for further treatment.

He said some of his men are still on the trail for those who escaped from the jail break saying those who were caught were lured through a
mobile-talking device as signal were sent immediately to the men of the Nigerian Police Service.

The state Attorney general and commissioner for Justice, Eyitayo Jegede who visited the scene described it as pathetic and said the state government will summoned the top officials of the prison to look into the matter.

“With what we are seeing here, the state government will look into the incidence and if need be, we will summoned all the security chiefs in the and top prison officers,” Jegede said

Also, the commissioner for police, Patrick Dukumor who visited the scene for on the spot assessment described the incident as ‘unfortunate’ and promised the perpetrator will be brought to book.

He said, “I can assure you that the perpetrator of this incidence will be brought to book and any culprit found behind this will be dealt with severally”

Also, the Commissioner of police has sent a large detachment of security agents and two armored personnel carriers to station at the prison to ensure maximum security within and outside the vicinity of the prison.

Meanwhile, Ondo state command of Nigeria police has dispelled rumours that the attack on the Olokuta medium security prison in Akure was carried out by Boko Haram insurgents.

Addressing journalists at the police Headquarters in Akure, the command’s spokesperson, Wole Ogodo said though information at his disposal was sketchy at press time, the situation has been brought under control.

He hinted that the head of security agencies in the state would soon meet and brainstorm on how to apprehend the sponsors as well as arrest all those who escaped.

http://www.nisotpost.com/2013/06/30/news/breaking-jail-break-in-akure-over-175-inmates-escape/

1 Like

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Adufaye(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lol!!! Prison break cheesy

I fit replace 1 of dem? grin
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by kingofpool: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
dat's gud news

2 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by kelvin1191(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bringing armoured personnel carrier(APC) & heavy security pressence after the jail-break? What a foolish move! Why didnt they call other security agents 4 help during d operation? I hope d JTF in Maiduguri and other states should place more security on their detention centre to avoid this kind of story.

5 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by orelove4liff: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
Those criminals are back in town.only God knws hw many casualty they wil cause b4 rearresting dem.
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Caracta(f): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Oh my goodness! I need to call someone.

1 Like

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by KwoiZabo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
I know such things can only happen in ondo state or the perpetrators could be from Edo state, because all other states are Tinubu's slaves and are not bold enough for such acts. undecided
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by SIRcumalot: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Insert scofield joke here
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by imperiouxx(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
Season what?

Prison break: Akure prison (2013)

Final season I guess.

6 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by daguru(m): 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
sunday testimony grin
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
They can't hold us back cool
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by okolichibuzor(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
the prison gurads kwns what they are doing..... They are the people dat free the inmates.. Dis is nigeria for u.......
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Honadeadek(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
Prison Break Season 1 Episode 1
Benin bois on rampage here, God save us oooooo.
I can't shout joooor
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by goldfish80(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
A new terrorist organization/cult group on the prawl?
Joor oh!
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Truckpusher(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
orelove4liff: Those criminals are back in town.only God knws hw many casualty they wil cause b4 rearresting dem.
Are you a learner?.....have you seen an escapee jailbird being rearrested in NAIJA?. grin....

Don't be so naive grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by LEXYCOM: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Micheal scofield claims responsibility........

2 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by abu0710102013: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
so dis ones are bandits but if na north dey are "islamic terrorists". u ppl are very funny

2 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hope Boko Haram has not gotten to that state
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Truckpusher(m): 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
They can't hold us back cool
Finally you guys have made history grin grin grin keep it up ,olodo tongue
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Lordave: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
make the security agents no worry, I know where Scofield dey.
God don punish am

1 Like

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Babalegba(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
KwoiZabo: I know such things can only happen in ondo state or the perpetrators could be from Edo state, because all other states are Tinubu's slaves and are not bold enough for such acts. undecided
. Clap for youself, you are approaching the begining of brain cogitation , with a little more effort you will achieve rudimentary joined up thinking.

4 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by chei: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
Michael scoffield was in Naija to break Osagie out of prison.
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by GentleNaaz(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ds remainds me of wat hpnd inside a flight headn 4m naija 2 spain. D plane ws carrying mad men/women. D mad people wr makn noise ceaselessly. Wn dy wr 106900 ft above d sea level, one mad man met d pilots n told dm 2 teach hm hw 2 drive flight. One of d pilots told hm "u r mad u cnt drive" , d man replied "am no longer man, am nw sane likewise my frnds" . D pilot said "ok, go n tell ur frnds 2 stop makn noise; dn i wl knw u people r no longer mad". D man left. Few minutes later, d plane ws calm n no trace of noise. D pilots wr hpy. D man came bk 2 d pilots n dy tankd hm. One of pilots askd hm wat he did/told dat calm hs colleagues. D man told hm "i went n told dm 2 calm down, dy refused. So i opened d door n all of dm went out of d plane" . D pilots faintd

8 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by chei: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
The appropriate thing the prison authorities should do is list the name of the escapees in national dailies. The public should know. . .
That's if naija is a country at all

2 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by ZEALMAN(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Y is this coming so late!!
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by ravensckar(m): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
KwoiZabo: I know such things can only happen in ondo state or the perpetrators could be from Edo state, because all other states are Tinubu's slaves and are not bold enough for such acts. undecided
U'r sounding lyk one who's suffering 4rm d greatest poverty of sense. hw does Tinubu feature in ds dastardly act?if u dnt knw wat 2comment,why nt behave lyk ur othr '1st to comment' comrades n spare us ds ur 'baseless allegations'

2 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by taharqa2: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
What a shame....
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by sammy329(m): 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^^^

3 Likes

Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
All these in Akure. Chei! Security in Nigeria is a joke.
Re: 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
God save us. 175 no be here oo shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others / Many Bandits Surrender In Katsina, Zamfara As Soldiers Sustain Onslaught – DHQ / Yinka Odumakin: Nigeria Lost Towering Patriot – Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.