Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Open Letter To The Nigeria Inspector General Of Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Nigeria Inspector General Of Police (684 Views)

Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / Inspector General Of Police Restores Tambuwal’s Security Aides / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Nigeria Inspector General Of Police by bilms(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
i just saw this on fb
OPEN LETTER TO THE NIGERIA INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE

The love i have for my country makes me to feel concern and the desire to have a country we can boldly call our own push me to put my pen on paper. I write to you, the Inspector General of Police. I am sure you are aware of the facts contained in this letter, they are not new, they are notorious but ignored.

The majority of the recruited police officers in this country are semi illiterate, who can hardly speak simple English, who are ignorant of every necessary law that are related and affects the job of policing. The crop of police officers you have recruited do not know their left from right, let alone the awareness to respect the fundamental rights of the citizens of this country.

The police officers you breed for this country use gun carelessly and kill innocent souls unjustifiably. The students of this country are mostly the victim. For what purpose is the Nigeria Police established? The rate of extrajudicial killing courtesy of Nigeria Police is alarming, if something urgent is not done to rebrand the Nigeria Police, it will commit the highest murder (extra judicial killing) in 2014.

It pains me! The low level of awareness of majority of police officers in Nigeria, most of who are semi illiterate, they are ignorant of law, yet this country waste its tax payers money on this dangerous species.

It is my advice that the country should not recruit in to the police except persons who are duly educated and worthy in character. The minimum requirement of NDE or NCE should be the criteria for recruiting persons in to Nigeria Police, the history and antecedent of every applicant should be scrutinized before they are recruited in to Nigeria Police and when the history of any person is dented and blur, such a person should never be recruited in to Nigeria police.

I still considered it as insufficient, the so called training that the Nigeria police undergo, the orientation of these police officers after the training reflect this.

I am of the opinion that henceforth, life ammunition should not be used to curb or suppress students’ protest again in Nigeria. Enough of extra judicial killing in this country!

The officers of Nigeria Police, most of them are not different from tout; therefore, urgent reorientation is needed to bring them to the level suitable for this country.

Since you are not unaware of the series of chaos and lawlessness that the unprofessional attitude of police has caused this country, I hope you will see from my perspective to quickly draft formula for rebranding the police force that we may have police force that is aware and respects human rights, who does not carelessly terminates human lives extra judicially.

Thank you,

Yours faithfully,

ABDULSALAM ABDULFATAH LIBERTY
NACONS, NATIONAL PRESIDENT
COLUMNIST AT NIGERIAN VOICE

(1) (Reply)

Network Is Back In Adamawa State / Rivers Crisis: State On Egde Of Total Collapse As NASS Reject Emergency Rule / Boko Haram: Let’s Do What America Did To Mexico — Nigerian US Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.