Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40404 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by dhamstar(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
Can't wait
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mobsync(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
I am in
as a poet
ready to dig in
you know the rest.cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayobase(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
You always dish out something unique and awesome at the edge of forgetting u as my best MOD on NL......I don't think I'm gonna follow up or participate in this quest.....just to doff for u, cuddlemi....when r u gonna cuddle me sef?

A work well planned out Madam!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is all very confusing.

Is this a poetry or a design contest?

Let the poets do their job jare and go open a seperate competition for designers.

I wouldn't mind penning a few lines if not for the silly design element which just complicates matters.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayobase(m): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ibime: This is all very confusing.

Let the poets do their job jare and go open a seperate competition for designers.

I wouldn't mind penning a few lines if not for the silly design element which just complicates matters.

This is neither a ranting or rapping competition.....chill out if it aint okay by u....they Tie rope for ur neck?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2013

lol

The design is to add spice to it. It is not affecting you as a poet at all. All u need do is to drop your rhymes and let the organizers have the headache of who to design. The design will not reduce your mark in anyway.

lol

Hi, how have u been?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
ayobase:

This is neither a ranting or rapping competition.....chill out if it aint okay by u....they Tie rope for ur neck?

Chill! Haba! Na fight? lol
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2013

Hi Ibime, thank you for your post. Now, let me market my idea to you. grin

We all know the traditional way of writing poetry is the way you want it.

But, we are trying to persuade and convince even the most reluctant readers.

We are trying to be creative and innovative.

Not only book writers should be pampered with cover-pages.

Poets deserve that attention too.

Besides, the design component is only in ROUND 2.

This is also a way to challenge the designers,
to go out of their tech routines, and do something more tender and emotional.

So please, we would be honored to have your poem, and test your team work skills with a designer.

Thank you!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
ITbomb:
for the umpteen time, cuddlemii, I would suggest u put the email on ur signature.

Ok, will do. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
~FEEDBACK~

Official Email For The Submission of Poems:
nairalandpoets@yahoo.com

Please submit just 1(ONE) poem for round 1.
-Official date for submission: Aug 13th - 14th, 2013
-Post your poem on the official thread
-Send your poem to the email above.
-Note that, you need to submit via email & thread. It is mandatory!
You must submit them at the same time.
You can't make any changes.
So please, think through, review, and edit before you submit.
We would reconcile both submissions, to ensure they are the exact same thing.

REMINDER:
Please read the feedback, most of the answers you seek, are there already

@all: thank you for everything

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
ayobase:

Calm down! wink

I hope you are doing fine?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mobsync(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
I'm already confused. Are we to start submitting the poems now because I can see august 14 and 15 in your first post.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mobsync: I'm already confused. Are we to start submitting the poems now because I can see august 14 and 15 in your first post.

Please, stick to the official dates.

I only put that information up because someone asked for it
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
PLEASE RELAX! FOCUS ON THE INTRO POEM THAT WILL GET YOU INTO THE NEXT ROUND.

LET'S LEAVE OUT THE ESSAYS FOR NOW, BEFORE WE ALL GET CONFUSED!

FOCUS ON WRITING YOUR POEMS.

REMEMBER, ONLY 20 POETS WOULD QUALIFY FOR THE NEXT ROUND.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Rocktation(f): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Awesome work, Cuddles! The painter and the poet...just like we see in some clubs and lounges. Really schweet.

Now, I'm hoping we'd get enough graphic artists to match the number of poets, willingly...or we could look into enlisting Erad to do a little coercing for us.
Anyhoo, well done Cuddles and HBG.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by jadelord(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
I think i can do this, i just hope no one will be restraned in a house for d period of time of d competition.... gt a major project in d works.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
i am an introvert ,and have never shared my poems outside my circle of influence but i'll try and give this a shot.
I'm in as a poet
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Redmosquito(m): 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2013

I seat with my stethoscope
My pen in hand, like a telescope
My muscles twitch
My brain waves switch
My forehead shifts
Contorting in thought
Prodding for ideas
Ideas that exist not
I am a doctor
Savior of lives
Not a poet
Master of lines
At least by definition it is
So I cannot
Thread this path I cannot
Lest I fail
And be no better that Jack
Of all trades
Master of none

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
Redmosquito:
I seat with my a stethoscope
My pen in hand, like a telescope
My muscles twitch
My brain waves switch
My forehead shifts
Contorting in thought
Prodding for ideas
Ideas that exist not
I am a doctor
Savior of lives
Not a poet
Master of lines
At least by definition it is
So I cannot
Thread this path I cannot
Lest I fail
And be no better that Jack
Of all trades
Master of none

it is cool u are inspiring

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tinkybabe(f): 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
As I caught a glimpse of this thread
Excitement filled my eyes as I read
An opportunity to show my creative end
This I know is for no airhead

Just then,they troop in with their heads
Exactly the people I dread
They are here,the poem eggheads
To make we amateurs look like figureheads

As I can't match up,I'll think of what to do instead
Nothing except to quietly exit the contest thread.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Redmosquito(m): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Redmosquito: Blackened rain
Darkened Veins
Coloured rays
Troubled ways
They scream on the outside
Hungry for whats on the inside
I sit on the inside
My gun aimed at them on the outside
Blackened rain
Troubled veins
Sharp canines
Curved pincers
Blood-thirsty mongrels
Mutated scoundrels
Once human they were
Now they have changed
They are less human
More beast
They punch the windows
Bang the doors
I sit on the inside
Unafraid
Unmoving
I wont last long
THey will get through
And when they do
My jugular they will do

Lastnights' dream, rather troubling if u may say

something I did for another thread a long time ago, poets cafe
I still like it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Rocktation: Awesome work, Cuddles! The painter and the poet...just like we see in some clubs and lounges. Really schweet.

Now, I'm hoping we'd get enough graphic artists to match the number of poets, willingly...or we could look into enlisting Erad to do a little coercing for us.
Anyhoo, well done Cuddles and HBG.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by sheblayze(f): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2013
I'm in as a poet. It'll be interesting and challenging at the same time but at least, it'll kill this boredom ASUU is bringing down on me. Nice job Cuddles.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by OMA4U(m): 6:44am On Jul 09, 2013
I don't think am good at writing poem, but I love writing it. Am I welcome on board? Can I participate?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by mikedanza(m): 9:06am On Jul 09, 2013
In as a Poet.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by vescucci(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sounds interesting. I'll be back. Thumbs up, Cuddlemii
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by OMA4U(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Cuddlemii, what's the criteria for selecting the best poems?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ok this stuff is getting annoying. This thread is on page 6 and no single poem has been posted. All i see is 'im in' 'ive been searching for the opportunity' etc... Would you guys start posting your poems for crying out loud!!!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
OMA4U: Cuddlemii, what's the criteria for selecting the best poems?

Lol, you will find out pretty soon. wink

As per your previous question, you are welcome on board!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by OMA4U(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Lol, you will find out pretty soon. wink

As per your previous question, you are welcome on board!

Okay o, thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by niyisky: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2013
I am in as a poet
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hands on deck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.