Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40351 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by sino(m): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
I think sponsorship is a great idea. Presenting this to any company with a track record of promoting literature in Nigeria would bring a positive response.

Not necessarily publishing contract, an award and a gift would be wonderful. I think Seun should look into this, get some few people together and send proposals for sponsorship for this kind of programs. NL is not a small name in cyberspace when it comes to Nigeria, i'm sure it can open doors and get positive responses.

On a second thought, looking for sponsorship again would require the whole exercise to be standardized, for example, the aspect of judging and the judges that would be used for the competition and some other logistics too.

#just my thoughts

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino: I think sponsorship is a great idea. Presenting this to any company with a track record of promoting literature in Nigeria would bring a positive response.

Not necessarily publishing contract, an award and a gift would be wonderful. I think Seun should look into this, get some few people together and send proposals for sponsorship for this kind of programs. NL is not a small name in cyberspace when it comes to Nigeria, i'm sure it can open doors and get positive responses.

On a second thought, looking for sponsorship again would require the whole exercise to be standardized, for example, the aspect of judging and the judges that would be used for the competition and some other logistics too.

#just my thoughts
you hit it right on the head. If Seun and co goes for sponsorship it would have to take a different lane.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ortopazz(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I was just passing by tongue

make I hear passing by!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ortopazz(m): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Oh mehn lots of gr8 poets up in da buildin, wnt be bad if I try... Oga Cuddie Am in!
More power 2 ya kr8tivity.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ITbomb(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
Just testing
*15 mins drill*

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by luvmijeje(f): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I am not supposed to answer individual comments. But, I would oblige, just this once to clear the doubt.

No, you won't look for designers, but, we would pair you up with the fantastic designers we have.

Thank you!
Why don't you want to respond to individual comment? So who is suppose to respond, to suggestions and questions when it arises?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
luvmijeje:
Why don't you want to respond to individual comment? So who is suppose to respond, to suggestions and questions when it arises?

Usually when I organize activities like this, I respond to every single comment.
But, I realized it wasn't so easy.
So, the new method is to look at all the comments, collate them and address them using the general feedback.
By the way, the description of the competition is very descriptive. If you have other questions, let me know, myself or HBG can help.

These are all general feedback. These should clear the doubts.
https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2#16581598
https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2/1#16593929
https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2/1#16612307
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by luvmijeje(f): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by luvmijeje(f): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
*nodding my head* that is better, I was just being inquisitive.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
ortopazz: Oh mehn lots of gr8 poets up in da buildin, wnt be bad if I try... Oga Cuddie Am in!
More power 2 ya kr8tivity.
its creativity tongue you might want to practise typing the queen's english.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
luvmijeje: *nodding my head* that is better, I was just being inquisitive.

No problem. I am always inquisitive too
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
ITbomb: Just testing
*15 mins drill*

Lol! nice cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
Something which is rare on nl
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
lol
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
*15 mins drill*
lol, is there anyway I could get the husband in you back?

That's beautiful
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Havent writen a poem before , and i dont expect it to be easy niether, but would this competion start already!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ITbomb(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol, is there anyway I could get the husband in you back?

That's beautiful
Hmm , a bit too late.
Here's the reason.
Out of the meadow she shines
Blessing the very ground she stood
My heart fell to her glorious aura
The heart now beats for Princesa
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by MaziOmenuko: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
*15 mins drill*

Hmmm...Lets see what we've got here!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by luvmijeje(f): 7:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
@HBG is that a compliment? Well if it's thanks.
@Mazi and ITbomb ghen ghen! If this is testing, I can't wait.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
ITbomb:
Hmm , a bit too late.
Here's the reason.
that's beautiful...was just kidding hey. grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Hmmm...Lets see what we've got here!
Mazi, Mazi! M actually holding my heart so it would not come out. This is beautiful.

Its in connection with nature, since its a testing thingy can I look for a poem that suits it? Please smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
luvmijeje: @HBG is that a compliment? Well if it's thanks.
@Mazi and ITbomb ghen ghen! If this is testing, I can't wait.
it is smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by MaziOmenuko: 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Mazi, Mazi! M actually holding my heart so it would not come out. This is beautiful.

Its in connection with nature, since its a testing thingy can I look for a poem that suits it? Please smiley

Sure! Why not, its all testing. But when the real thing starts, I'm gonna be for the highest bidder #just kidding#

Now let's see what u've got cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
Smh.....

Show off
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by firestar(f): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
(Smirks, then retreats back into the forge) cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ortopazz(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
grin grin
HumbledbYGrace: its creativity tongue you might want to practise typing the queen's english.

grin

sadwhatever happened to the Naija version, which I so much cherish?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
ortopazz: grin grin

grin

sadwhatever happened to the Naija version, which I so much cherish?
u mean pidgin?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
ITbomb:
Hmm , a bit too late.
Here's the reason.

Little things have always mattered to me
They make me smile and float like am on sea
Little gestures can rock my world
And make me lay my heart and pride at your door kiss

smiley grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
princesa:

Little things have always mattered to me
They make me smile and float like am on sea
Little gestures can rock my world
And make me lay my heart and pride at your door kiss

smiley grin
hmm..lemmie try my own luck...

If you said you were cold.
I would wrap my arms around you.
If you said you were thirsty I would give youthe ocean blue.
I would give you anything the moon, the stars, the sunset too. .
Just say i made you smile too.
wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by luvmijeje(f): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
chistar01: hmm..lemmie try my own luck...

If you said you were cold.
I would wrap my arms around you.
If you said you were thirsty I would give youthe ocean blue.
I would give you anything the moon, the stars, the sunset too. .
Just say i made you smile too.
wink
*fainted*
If this is luv
I must feel it
If it lightens from within as the leaves does in the presence of the sun
I must experience it
If it makes you go gaga
I must go crazy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
luvmijeje:
*fainted*
If this is luv
I must feel it
If it lightens from within as the leaves does in the presence of the sun
I must experience it
If it makes you go gaga
I must go crazy
hmmmmm
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
What are we turning this thread to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / My Short Drama Script- Paranoia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.