Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Wrong Reasons Why People Marry - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wrong Reasons Why People Marry (18096 Views)

Is It True That People Marry Their Type As Husband Or Wife? / Nigerian Princess Featured On 'the Simpsons" For The Wrong Reasons / Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Gifted4all(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
next pls.so what are d reason to marry?mtheeeeeew
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Donawoite: if i don't marry coz of Solution partner, good food and sex, why will i marry.

This is obviously the reason why you'd end up having problems in your marriage. Or your marriage gets boring.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Graciabay(f): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
Op add to have kids
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by gistin123: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
eforce: This is the original post here. Thanks.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/04/wrong-reasons-to-get-married.html

Plagiarism?

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by sova(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
remecy: Marriage is school for two person where you never graduate from. Admission into the great institue should not include any of the list below PLEASE.

1. Good food. – Sorry, you don’t need a wife to eat good food. House-help or fast food can help.

2. sex – This is part of reason for marriage but should not be the only reason.

3. Solution partner – It is true that you need someone you can pour your heart to at all time. But you need to know that the other person also needs your care. If all you want is only yourself to be heard without considering the other person, then what you need is a counsellor, not a husband or wife.

4. Beauty – Never marry because someone is beautiful or handsome! Beauty fades. Simplicity is the key, however you must be attracted to the person.

5. Money – You may have financial need but marrying someone just because he/she is rich won’t sustain the marriage

6. Pressure -
“I am getting old”, “My friends are all married”, “My family are complaining” – These and many more are the excuses some people marry!. But remember that you are the one that will live with that spouse and not your parents or friends.

7. Spirituality – “He speaks in tongues”, “He attend church regularly!”, we know them by their fruits and not by their being religious.

8. Conversion – I will change him/her after marriage. 99% chances are that he/she will not change after marriage if they didn’t change before marriage.

9. Fantasy – Some just get married because others are married and they don’t want to be left out.

10. Low Self Esteem – Some people feel they would not get someone to marry them, else they quickly rush in with anyone that comes their way, not knowing them to an extent.
Hey, gud food+ good sex bring intimacy. if u lk go marry fastfood, u go just fat lk mumu
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by spurlge(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia: Good topic!
One should marry when you're absolutely sure you've found someone you love who equally loves you back, and shares, understands, supports your dreams, goals, life style, attributes etc. Someone who totally gets your kinda person and has similar future prospects, wants and all of that.
Funny thing is, as long as you have common sense, you'd certainly sense when you've met 'the one'. smiley
The connection is usually just natural, like there's no faking of feelings and emotions. You laugh at each other's jokes, understand/appreciate each other's sarcasm, wit or humour. Have similar hobbies, etc.
And yes I'm saying this based on experience smiley
You're all welcome smiley

This is not real, drop the book you are reading and face reality.... You would never have someone dt would satisfy these qualities else you really want them to no 1 is up to these tasks not even you... ask you hubby when he is drunk.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
spurlge:

This is not real, drop the book you are reading and face reality.... You would never have someone dt would satisfy these qualities else you really want them to no 1 is up to these tasks not even you... ask you hubby when he is drunk.

He doesn't have to satisfy all. Being all of this doesn't make you perfect, get that!
Its simply basics!

Wait! Did you say not even me? My dear, you dunno me.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by CzarChris(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia:

The only importance of women to cave men like you? Right?
No educated and sensible man will openly reason like this. You ought to be ashamed for displaying this kinda mentality in 2013? Mtchew
I totally agree with you on this one, why should that guy jsut say food,s*x nd kids? Food? You can get that one anywhere, s*ex? Ashy don finish? The only reason for marriage is kids. Watelse are women good for if not Hi-BP? Ama be real to yourself, wakeup and smell the pudding and leave all those novels you are reading.
Rubbish.
If not for one thing nothing will ever make me marry ever.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
Shadydamsel: we don hear

Fool! Must u quote everything...

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Image123(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
1. Don't marry to revenge.
2. Don't marry out of pity.
3. Don't marry because of unwanted pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Sike(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
So we shouldnt marry again?!
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by bfmconcepts: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
Most of these reasons are worthy of consideration in marriage.
so, it cannot be said to be wrong.

1. Good food. – If my own wife cannot cook very well, I can shift attention to where am getting good taste. Men love food.

2. sex – Haaaaaaa, where else will I get it if not from wifeeee.

3. Solution partner – At least, someone to share my thought with occasionally

4. Beauty – Not necessarily beauty queen but not bad looking though.

5. Money – Poverty is one major cause of divorce and marriage issues these days. Especially for men, not super rich but should be able to provide for his own household. Bible talk am (1Tim 5:cool

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by olumyde(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
bfmconcepts: Most of these reasons are worthy of consideration in marriage.
so, it cannot be said to be wrong.

1. Good food. – If my own wife cannot cook very well, I can shift attention to where am getting good taste. Men love food.

2. sex – Haaaaaaa, where else will I get it if not from wifeeee.

3. Solution partner – At least, someone to share my thought with occasionally

4. Beauty – Not necessarily beauty queen but not bad looking though.

5. Money – Poverty is one major cause of divorce and marriage issues these days. Especially for men, not super rich but should be able to provide for his own household. Bible talk am (1Tim 5:cool
Well said.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Petraman(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
NICE ONE THERE
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by henrimoto(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
@ shadydamsel. you and who don hear ? na on you own u dey .
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by 50calibre(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia:

The only importance of women to cave men like you? Right?
No educated and sensible man will openly reason like this. You ought to be ashamed for displaying this kinda mentality in 2013? Mtchew

What!! Am i wrong? What other purpose do women serve? As a matter of fact the only long lasting reward of having a wife are the kids she bear. The food & s*x don't last.

When things are all doom and gloom, you look at your kids and say "it wasn't all a waste of time afterall"
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by henrimoto(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
Rolly83:

Fool! Must u quote everything...
@ rolly83. no mind d shady damsel..... na olodo of a gal! sureee,.... some gals go just fine finish, nothing dey up.....(u too self..rolly83, u too harsh. must u call her a fool?
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nnaaiirra: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
Among many wrong reasons people get married, moving to the "next-step" is the commonest---Lots of people go into marriages because they've been in a long term relationship.

The length of a relationship is not a measure or good enough reason to marry someone. If you perceive yourself 70% emotional-drain in a 100% exclusive (Long term) relationship, safe yourself the expenses of marriage and future divorce proceedings.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
Well, I'm not gonna argue further with you guys. Different faces, different perspectives, different wants, different needs.
Go ahead and marry for your own reasons.
Wish you all blessings in your marriages :-)
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by vivianc(f): 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice wriTe up.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Akshow: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
so you quote all that jus to tell us you don hear. No let me vex slap you o
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by yame014: 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
henrimoto: @ rolly83. no mind d shady damsel..... na olodo of a gal! sureee,.... some gals go just fine finish, nothing dey up.....(u too self..rolly83, u too harsh. must u call her a fool?
hmmmm....henrimoto that name sounds familiar...
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Akpan107(m): 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
I wish our Nigerian Ladies will all read number ''5''
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Blackbody20(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
Misleading post. You are here confusing young people out there about what u knew nothing about. Let me ask you this question.....are you married? Why are u insinuating that these are the main reasons for problematic marriages. In as much two people agree together to become "husband and wife", then they are both left to face thier marital challenges. Thats why its called for better for worse.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Digipack8: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
K.j king:
Nice write up.
yap
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nwanayoeze: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
What an educative write up, plz keep it up
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by ravensckar(m): 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
In Physics, any force applied without moving any distance is no work done. any contrary opinion without a suggestive way forward is nothing but a crap... so no thanks!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by cross50(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
Some people no get work!
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Euckybaby(f): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Must you quote evrythng........
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Lero15(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia: Good topic!
One should marry when you're absolutely sure you've found someone you love who equally loves you back, and shares, understands, supports your dreams, goals, life style, attributes etc. Someone who totally gets your kinda person and has similar future prospects, wants and all of that.
Funny thing is, as long as you have common sense, you'd certainly sense when you've met 'the one'. smiley
The connection is usually just natural, like there's no faking of feelings and emotions. You laugh at each other's jokes, understand/appreciate each other's sarcasm, wit or humour. Have similar hobbies, etc.
And yes I'm saying this based on experience smiley
You're all welcome smiley
uhm...I see u r in love
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by checkdate(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
POSTER. IS LIKE YOU RE A VICTIM OF YOUR POST. BASED ON THIS YOUR POST IS LIKELY YOU MIGHT BE THINKING OF LEAVING YOUR PARTNER\MATRIMONIAL HOME(thats if you re married to a regular partne) AND IF YOU RE STILL SINGLE; BE CAREFUL BECAUSE I-TOO-KNOW IS NOT A HEALTHY KIND OF CHARACTER. IT WILL LEAD YOU ONLY TO A FANTACY WORLD.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by checkdate(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia: Well, I'm not gonna argue further with you guys. Different faces, different perspectives, different wants, different needs.
Go ahead and marry for your own reasons.
Wish you all blessings in your marriages :-)
WERE YOU ADOPTED\TRAINED BY GAY PARENTS?
WHATS YOUR ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION?
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Change My Name / Sad Marital Tales From My Friend / He Is Been Accused Wrongly For Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.