Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law (61545 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by candiva2013(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:

if i may ask ma, is the internet you use in the bible, the car u drive or the flying plane u use
I am not saying that wedding gown is wrong. I am not a deeper life member. My church wears wedding gown but i want u to understand that since God has not commanded women to wear a specific dress for wedding, the wedding gown was invented by man and so any church that does not believe it has every right to make a different specification for there members. That what i want u to understand. And for the records, i am not a woman, use the proper address next time.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
candiva2013: I am not saying that wedding gown is wrong. I am not a deeper life member. My church wears wedding gown but i want u to understand that since God has not commanded women to wear a specific dress for wedding, the wedding gown was invented by man and so any church that does not believe it has every right to make a different specification for there members. That what i want u to understand. And for the records, i am not a woman, use the proper address next time.

man made denominations have no business and authority dictating rules and regulations to MEN.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by candiva2013(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

man made denominations have no business and authority dictating rules and regulations to MEN.
is telling people to wear the regular wedding gown not authority dictating rule? Anyways it is obvious u have a very meagre understanding, please go to bed and stop troubling ur small mind.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
candiva2013: I am not saying that wedding gown is wrong. I am not a deeper life member. My church wears wedding gown but i want u to understand that since God has not commanded women to wear a specific dress for wedding, the wedding gown was invented by man and so any church that does not believe it has every right to make a different specification for there members. That what i want u to understand. And for the records, i am not a woman, use the proper address next time.

For someone who tries to come off as a neutral its easy to know where your sympathies lie
Moreover you are rude
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by candiva2013(m): 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee:

For someone who tries to come off as a neutral its easy to know where your sympathies lie
Moreover you are rude
Am Sorry if my words were out of place, we don't need to quarrel over this, thats not what we are here for. Good night brother.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 04, 2013
Hmmmm..

In as much as I'm flesh and blood to pass judgement just like the church leadership did, may I put this few points down

The church DLBC has a Nigerian history if I am not mistaken where I believe its got her bulk of membership, what took the families of the founder to JAMAICA?

Was it to stop many of their mediocre-configured members from attending? Or its meant for only those who can afford the bills of international travel?

With that singular act, what separates the church from an average politician who robs the people?

I feel ashamed when so-called men of GOD try pleasing men when it comes to decision making

Whatever the case, they should allow peace to reign in that new marriage. There are more heinous sins going on in the church than that needing attention

Let's be aware that the doctrine of Christ is non-denominational

*shoot me*
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by vowiski(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2013
sunwalk: bia my friend, dat church is nt a kingdom wia leadership is passed from father to son. as for the isues abt d church, if u are a member of d church, u hv decided to abide by its principles, the same applies to other churches. whether they modify d bible to fit them dats their business. have u ever asked urself why u re stil in ur church after al dat people are sayin abt ur church. hv u ever wondered y people in deeperlife are stil there? they where nt chained to d church, u can chose to leave or stay. its abot ur conviction. if they disciplline u 4 any reason u re stil nt chained down 2 d church to serve d punishment. why do u criticize d church? let them b for once. if u say any thing against dat church and its practices u re obviously babling. work out ur own salvation. u hv ur church principle, follow it. they have their principle, let them be. dont call them hypocrytes, its judgemental, u cant b d judge. i remain a loyal deeperlifer.

I pity you.. They have been no leadership change so stop deceiving your self.. Just wait till the inevitable happens, then we will know who becomes the G.O

Keep deluding yourself with principles.. Keep enjoying indoctrination by mere mortal men, while few believers worship God in truth.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2013
candiva2013: Am Sorry if my words were out of place, we don't need to quarrel over this, thats not what we are here for. Good night brother.

Its ok sir.. I thought u r female because of the diva
Have a nice day brother
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by 912(m): 6:57am On Jul 04, 2013
I see so many hypocrites here.

So all the makers and owners of Limousin will go to hell since it is a sin to even rent one...hypocrites

Your members use lip gloss and you act as if you don't see it but it's a sin to use lipstick....what's the difference ..........hypocrites.

someone wears weave-on and it's a sin....but it's good to use hair thread....are they both not false hair.....hypocrites

hypocrites hypocrites hypocrites......making people live by your standards and calling it God's standards.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 7:16am On Jul 04, 2013
Hahaha

9-11:
I see so many hypocrites here.

So all the makers and owners of Limousin will go to hell since it is a sin to even rent one...hypocrites

Your members use lip gloss and you act as if you don't see it but it's a sin to use lipstick....what's the difference ..........hypocrites.

someone wears weave-on and it's a sin....but it's good to use hair thread....are they both not false hair.....hypocrites

hypocrites hypocrites hypocrites......making people live by your standards and calling it God's standards.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Roobattoat(f): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2013
@ dis point, we all shud read d bible again nd again to know d heart of God concerning dressing. what is d punishment all abt, were they necked? the bible says judge not
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by jidewin(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:

This is the exact definition of DOCTRINE![i][/i]
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
jidewin:

This is the exact definition of DOCTRINE![i][/i]

there is only ONE doctrine the doctrine of Christ, this is what Jesus told us about the doctrines of MEN :

"12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees." - Matthew 16:12
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by purposeDiva: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
naijababe: I don't know why y'all are abusing the church's leadership. They have a doctrine and it does not look like John was forced to have his wedding at the church. They have done the right thing imo.
Seriously I've been trying to know where the lines met. The wedding dint hold in α̇̇ deeper life church, yet they r̶̲̥̅̊ purnished for their dress code? What exactly is their offense? That they refused to hold d wedding in deeper life or Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ d church in which they did it has notin against the dress code? Na wa
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by infonwose(m): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
mu2sa2: No one is compelled to stay in a church. But if u choose to belong to a church u should abide by the church`s rules.

Simple....

Now deeper life palava has now bcom evry1 palava... Dt means dere is somethin unique abt d church....even sinners comes n say watever dey think...i think evry1 both persons or denominations shud go n search demselves n see if dey re realy leading d pple d rite way...christianity is a way of life,is either u live by it or u leave it...deeper life has chosen 2 live dt way n so it stand dt way so let it b ....

Many qtns u may want 2 ask.....but u cant get answers 2 rite here on earth but let thins b.... Wen we get 2 heaven "dts if u get dere".... we shall undstnd it beta....

Evry1is expected 2 work out his or own salvation...let not giv room 4 d devil... B watchful wt wat u comment here on dis issue on ground so dt u ursef because of anoda person's palava...sin against God....God knws d bestoooo..... A word dey say is enof For d wise......
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joiam: 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Anonumous1
What is happening in DL is not the fault of their GS at all. All the negative comments we have been reading is a release of hidden anger of members and non-members alike on how their leaders have been treating them around the country. The GS cannoit be everywhere at the same time and so most of these leaders many times go beyond what the GS would have done. I learnt of one of their leaders in a parish or is it region? very close to their HQ @ Ayobo who is a maximum ruler in that parish. He talks down on the people, curses the people from the pulpit, gets angry uncontrollably from the pulpit, raises money by force and by fire for his projects, refuses to say sorry whenever he is wrong, victimises people, persecutes believers who dare challenge his actions however unreasonable, etc. Most of the leaders under him I heard are just there. He is all in all. Even if the church tries to investigate, they cannot get anything because the people are just too afraid of him. Hope they are not waiting for the man to fall sa!. How will their GS know all these? No way. Most of them are just destroying the work of this man.
I pray for the GS that God will grant him the strength to stand. I hope some people in that church are not just angry with him for the changes he has introduced recently to clear himself with God. Well, God is on the throne!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Exchriz4u: Hmmmm..In as much as I'm flesh and blood to pass judgement just like the church leadership did, may I put this few points downThe church DLBC has a Nigerian history if I am not mistaken where I believe its got her bulk of membership, what took the families of the founder to JAMAICA?Was it to stop many of their mediocre-configured members from attending? Or its meant for only those who can afford the bills of international travel?With that singular act, what separates the church from an average politician who robs the people?I feel ashamed when so-called men of GOD try pleasing men when it comes to decision makingWhatever the case, they should allow peace to reign in that new marriage. There are more heinous sins going on in the church than that needing attentionLet's be aware that the doctrine of Christ is non-denominational
*shoot me*

Ex Christian as your name implies. Yours is a precarious situation. Lets talk about you first. I will be willing to address your concerns when you come back to Christ. Remember Lots wife. Remember Judas Iscariot
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Ex Christian as your name implies. Yours is a precarious situation. Lets talk about you first. I will be willing to address your concerns when you come back to Christ. Remember Lots wife. Remember Judas Iscariot

obnoxious hypocrite !

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
joiam: Anonumous1
What is happening in DL is not the fault of their GS at all. All the negative comments we have been reading is a release of hidden anger of members and non-members alike on how their leaders have been treating them around the country. The GS cannoit be everywhere at the same time and so most of these leaders many times go beyond what the GS would have done. I learnt of one of their leaders in a parish or is it region? very close to their HQ @ Ayobo who is a maximum ruler in that parish. He talks down on the people, curses the people from the pulpit, gets angry uncontrollably from the pulpit, raises money by force and by fire for his projects, refuses to say sorry whenever he is wrong, victimises people, persecutes believers who dare challenge his actions however unreasonable, etc. Most of the leaders under him I heard are just there. He is all in all. Even if the church tries to investigate, they cannot get anything because the people are just too afraid of him. Hope they are not waiting for the man to fall sa!. How will their GS know all these? No way. Most of them are just destroying the work of this man.
I pray for the GS that God will grant him the strength to stand. I hope some people in that church are not just angry with him for the changes he has introduced recently to clear himself with God. Well, God is on the throne!

En go and talk to him now
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
frosbel: obnoxious hypocrite !

No problem I can see through your heart
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
vowiski:

I pity you.. They have been no leadership change so stop deceiving your self.. Just wait till the inevitable happens, then we will know who becomes the G.OKeep deluding yourself with principles.. Keep enjoying indoctrination by mere mortal men, while few believers worship God in truth.

So you also wish Pastor Kumuyi dead and not just Deeperlife. Its too early pls. Please forgive whatever sin Deeperlife committed against you o.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
frosbel:

We are called to obey GOD not MEN.
"You are bought with a price; be not you the servants of men. Brothers, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God." - 1 Corinthians 7:23

The next time you drive on the street try run a RED light since the bible did not mention red light and let me know what the consequence is. remember street lights are just mere man made rules
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeePeeJay: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
This is rubbish......... Non sense over non sense. Its uncalled for. Look at dis gown, wats bad in it? Wats in usin Limousine on wedding day? Na wa ooo.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joiam: 8:11am On Jul 06, 2013
It is true that churches have their rules but such rules should not infringe on the rights of members to make personal choices as human beings. Can a church rightly dictate what I must wear to church without infringing on my God-given right to choose. What churches should preach are principles. Jesus at no time cancel our right to make choices but gave us kingdom principles to guide our choices as individuals as long as the kingdom principles are not disobeyed. Now, must all wear the same design of wedding gown? No! If we all must, we are making the choice of someone(not God's) a must for everybody thereby hindering them from exercising their rights to make choices. Only cults do this. Was the wedding gown design received from God in a vision? Was it received from mount sinai? Must we be uniform to show we are united? Is uniformity a necessary condition for unity? Is uniformity equal to unity?
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Dipwater(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2013
nairalanders are getting it all wrong

1, it is not wrong for the couple to put on clothes that suites them for their wedding . fine

2,the church has doctrines and members are to abide by those doctrines if u think the church doctrines are old fashioned ,u shuld find another church that suites u

3,the bride and groom,s parents are senior pastors in the church and they wuld not allow other members to dress like that for their weddings

4,the wedding was not even held in nigeria. why?

5,they used a limo and it was famboyant. why?

6,can the G.O attend or conduct a wedding service and take pics with the bride dressing in that manner?

7,funny enough mr kumuyi was present at the wedding and he did not react,that means he is in support

8,has mr kumuyi come out to condemn the dressing and the limo services

9,if it were other members that did this wuld he be silent about it and wats gonna be the purnishment

10,if they want to give suspension,i think they shuld extend it to mr kumuyi and the pastors that attended the wedding

11,if something tangible is not done about the wedding controversy ,other members might decide to follow their foot step and write a boring letter of apology after the deed has been done

nigerians shuld open their eyes,these pastors are not to be trusted they are all thieves and hypocrites
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Dipwater(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2013
and if mr kumuyi dies who is gonna be the next daddy G.O .hope its not his son cuz that wuld make it a family business .my advice to members do whatever makes u happy dont live ur life by the standards of men or any doctrine. at the end of the day u will find out that man is not even sure of himself, its the same kumuyi that told us in the eithties that nobody shuld use tv set or radio ,he said listening to news was a sin that we shuld only listen to the word of god

religion itself is a massive fraud and whoever practises religion is under a spell .my people live ur life ,enjoy life but dont hurt people thank u
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joiam: 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
It is true that a church should have practices that members should try and abide with. However, the church should only enforce their practices on the essentials and not on the non-essentials. Pastor Kumuyi said in essentials, we are united and in non- essentials, there is liberty. If we refuse people their liberty in non-essentials, it means they cannot make choices in life and they become morons. Watch this video message below by Pastor Kumuyi on church traditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37R04v-WKA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joiam: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Rom 14: 5-6 , Col 2: 20 - 22
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joiam: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
Rom 14: 5-6 , Col 2: 20 - 22. Let me talk about rules here. In essentials, the church can make rules and members should abide. Example is- Every Sunday, our service starts by 8am or every Thursday, is our prayer meeting day. As a member, you have to abide since this is somehow a corporate rule to guide everybody for a particular purpose. However, in non-essentials like wedding gown which has no bearing on our salvation experience for example, people should be allowed to choose as long as their choice does not violate God's principle on dressing. Those who are saying that a church can make rules as they like and you must abide, that does not apply to cases where a member can make choices as a human being or else that church becomes a cult. For example, some come to church in English dresses of many kinds while some to in native attire of different designs and styles. Same freedom to choose should apply to things like wedding gown especially when there is no design from that from heaven. A church that denies people of their right to choose or use their common sense is essentially a cult!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joiam: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Rom 14: 5-6 , Col 2: 20 - 22. Let me talk about rules here. In essentials, the church can make rules and members should abide. Example is- Every Sunday, our service starts by 8am or every Thursday, is our prayer meeting day. As a member, you have to abide since this is somehow a corporate rule to guide everybody for a particular purpose. However, in non-essentials like wedding gown which has no bearing on our salvation experience for example, people should be allowed to choose as long as their choice does not violate God's principle on dressing. Those who are saying that a church can make rules as they like and you must abide, that does not apply to cases where a member can make choices as a human being or else that church becomes a cult. For example, some come to church in English dresses of many kinds while some to in native attire of different designs and styles. Same freedom to choose should apply to things like wedding gown especially when there is no design from that from heaven. A church that denies people of their right to choose or use their common sense is essentially a cult!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

So Quick? You have already passed judgement on a mere username of mine..I just wonder what would have been if you and what you call your church were to be God over men.
I can't believe what is spelt as "Exchriz" by a kid should be mispelt as "Ex christian" by you
That's how you people go about manipulating God's doctrine & quotations. If you think I don't know God, I think your case is more complicated. I don't usually join issues with sheepishly myopic people most especially when it comes to things having to do with God's scriptures. Like you suggested I'm out seeking Christ

Goodluck 2u!

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by tpia5: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
This thread 42000+ views.

The thread in family or culture section on the same topic, 62000+ views.

Seun should thank deeper for the site traffic o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos) / Godwin Ebuka Ebenezer: Best Graduating Student Of NPA Salutes God Of Chosen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.