Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,601 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Evolution Of The Useless. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evolution Of The Useless. (3220 Views)

The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction / The Evolution Of Morality / The Evolution Myth And The ‘God Question' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
#Team Weigraff.

Mr Troll, go and open a science book. Dont be like Uyi Iredia and Deepsight who engage in pseudoscientific jargon
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by UyiIredia(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
^^^ says the dude who kills logic. "Atheism is not the belief that God does not exist." says logicboy. LOL !

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
Very well written short article and I agree with the basis of the OP.

If science (Atheist) claim the world/life couldn't have been created by an intelligent being (Supreme being).

Isnt't it hypocrisy when they say the universe/life just emerged by pure chance (evolution).

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06: Very well written short article and I agree with the basis of the OP.

If science (Atheist) claim the world/life couldn't have been created by an intelligent being (Supreme being).

Isnt't it hypocrisy when they say the universe/life just emerged by pure chance (evolution).

Fail....go back to your alchemy and old magic because you clearly do not understand science. Silly druid.

Natural selection is the opposite of chance
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^ says the dude who kills logic. "Atheism is not the belief that God does not exist." says logicboy. LOL !

Strawman......
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail....go back to your alchemy and old magic because you clearly do not understand science. Silly druid.

Natural selection is the opposite of chance

In a layman's term, kindly explain evolution to me if it's not pure chance.

In the big bang theory in layman's term, scientist claim the universe just exploded into being and all the the planets, galaxies, milky waves were created from that single explosion. Kindly tell me otherwise if that's not chance..

So then what's the difference between creationism and evolution?

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
ooman:

Who is the dunce here? You, whose position is based on assumptions or me, whose position is based on observation.

You know, you theist have a very simple work to do compared to atheists. You propose a conscious God, all you need to do is to call him down. Simple.

We propose randomness, and this we have shown the world.
are you smoking something? Who told you I'm a theist?
ooman:

Except reason and logic betrays you.

By reason and logic, the atheistic position is satisfied and has one more point than the theistic position.

ooman you cannot reason correctly. That I know. Logic? You propose logic? Nah, I'll pass. Like I said, who said anything about me being a theist?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06: Very well written short article and I agree with the basis of the OP.

My friend , I think you guys misunderstand what pure chance means in the context of evolution. No one says that the universe, the galaxies, stars and planets merged overnight by pure chance.
I am very sure that is what you guys have in mind when you make your arguments.

Everything in the universe is in motion, rapid motion for that matter. That is a fact.
When an infinite number of particles of condensed energy are in rapid motion, collisions occur, chance collisions that inevitably lead to the formation of more complex particles.

When this process continues for an infinite period of time, say billions of years, complex formations emerge , and the process continues, this time, from a higher level of complexity and sophistication.

This is how galaxies, stars, planets, inorganic and organic molecules, proto-life cells and the simplest micro-biotic life emerged.
It is Physics, it is chemistry, it is biology.
It makes sense both mathematically and experimentally.

Creationism or intelligent design, on the other hand, rests on nothing except the blind belief in them.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06:

In a layman's term, kindly explain evolution to me if it's not pure chance.

In the big bang theory in layman's term, scientist claim the universe just exploded into being and all the the planets, galaxies, milky waves were created from that single explosion. Kindly tell me otherwise if that's not chance..

So then what's the difference between creationism and evolution?

Go and read a science book. I am not your teacher
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

My friend , I think you guys misunderstand what pure chance means in the context of evolution. No one says that the universe, the galaxies, stars and planets merged overnight by pure chance.
I am very sure that is what you guys have in mind when you make your arguments.

Everything in the universe is in motion, rapid motion for that matter. That is a fact.
When an infinite number of particles of condensed energy are in rapid motion, collisions occur, chance collisions that
inevitably lead to the formation of more complex particles.

When this process continues for an infinite period of time, say billions of years, complex formations emerge , and the process continues, this time, from a higher level of complexity and sophistication.

This is how galaxies, stars, planets, inorganic and organic molecules, proto-life cells and the simplest micro-biotic life emerged.
It is Physics, it is chemistry, it is biology.
It makes sense both mathematically and experimentally.

Creationism or intelligent design, on the other hand, rests on nothing except the blind belief in them.

Everything you just mentioned still boils down to the part to support my thesis where I said evolution is based on pure chance.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go and read a science book. I am not your teacher

Guy, wetin dey do you? Abi bomb dey your head?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
wiegraf:

You're beginning to veer into foolishness..

Not foolishness. the rise in the levels of testosterones in his body has caused the usual surge in excitement. carry on

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
wiegraf:

Like I said, head first into foolishness. What exactly do you think remnants of limbs were used for? Or what do you think wings on chickens served? I supposed they used those wings back in the day to swim, yes?
yo man, what I think doesn't matter. Give me proof, not theories of what they were used for. You're beginning to sound like there are ants in your pants cheesy answer me man!!!

Also, the foolishness of focusing on the word 'theory'.. I suppose gravity is just a theory as well, yes? If you jump of a building you won't fall down as it's a nonsense theory. It's not really real, just speculation.
nice one there. Trying to introduce a red herring. You know, bringing gravity into this will do you no good. Nobodys talking about the theory of gravity here because the word 'theory' as used in 'the theory of gravity' is very different from when its used in 'the theory of evolution' so Mr wiegraf I jump your red herring pass. tongue

I can tell you, and you guys love to have one repeat himself over and over, that it is by far the more likely 'purpose' as it agrees the most with the evidence. You have a better one that explains to colossal size, randomness, and general capriciousness, then please, do share. Unlike you nutters science will gladly change its stance if shown to be wrong. You see, because it's actually looking for the real answers, not comically making $hit up then pretending to know.
so basically we are back to evolution of the nonsense abi? Because man, you don't know for sure! Just like the theists too, except its god who did theirs grin

As for your demand that I prove to you this universe is gargantuan........ Well....... I hope you're trolling
sight problems I see. I said prove WHY the universe is gargantuan. Kapisce?

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06:

Everything you just mentioned still boils down to the part to support my thesis where I said evolution is based on pure chance.

Well, everything that happens in the universe, with no exceptions, happens as result of an infinite series of chance events.

Your very presence on this forum, thread, and your reading this very message are as an infinite series of chance events today alone, let alone the past 6 months.
6 months ago , did you plan and design to be her at this very moment, reading and responding to this post?.
I am guessing the answer is no.

Evolution is in everything, including your feelings, your values, your imaginations and your thoughts.
I am sure you have heard it before that "Change is the only constant in the universe".

The change referred to here is Evolution.
It is the only constant in the universe.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
wiegraf:

But do note, evolution is a FACT.
Mr wiegraf, did you actually write this? In real time 2013?

Ok, lemme not go off the handle now. Do you mean, undirected random evolution from the big bang up till man is FACT?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll:

Ok, lemme not go off the handle now. Do you mean, undirected random evolution from the big bang up till man is FACT?

Mr Troll,
Undirected and infinite series of random chance events have led you from your date of birth to this very thread on this very forum this very day.
That is a fact.
Do you wish to dispute that?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

Mr Troll,
Undirected and infinite series of random chance events have led you from your date of birth to this very thread on this very forum this very day.
That is a fact.
eh...yes.
But lemme ask you o. Will you prove it to me QED or will you start spewing some theoritical contradictory jargon that at the end of the day will waste my time?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Logicboy03: #Team Weigraff.

Mr Troll, go and open a science book. Dont be like Uyi Iredia and Deepsight who engage in pseudoscientific jargon
you want make I come knock your head abi? undecided

But on the brighter side, can you recommend one for me?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

Mr Troll,
That is a fact.

Note that I higlighted the world 'chance' in your statement. It's what I've been trying to say all these while. Creationism believes of an intelligent being with great engineering and architectural skill who created the world and all living organisms to inhabit the earth while science (evolution) says life evolved from a non living thing and the universe was created by chance. Both creationish and evolution don't give a specific and logical answer as to where we really come from and how we got here.

So what the creator of this thread is trying to say, if religion says we were created by an intelligent being why is science being all hypocritical when themselves do not have a definite answer as to how we all got here.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06:

Note that I higlighted the world 'chance' in your statement. It's what I've been trying to say all these while. Creationism believes of an intelligent being with great engineering and architectural skill who created the world and all living organisms to inhabit the earth while science (evolution) says life evolved from a non living thing and the universe was created by chance. Both creationish and evolution don't give a specific and logical answer as to where we really come from and how we got here.

So what the creator of this thread is trying to say, if religion says we were created by an intelligent being why is science being all hypocritical when themselves do not have a definite answer as to how we all got here.
can you print this and paste it on Wiegrafs forehead? Although i wouldn't say science is being hypocritical. Just the baby pseudoscientists on this forum being all presumptuous and haughty. grin
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Emusan(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^ says the dude who kills logic. "Atheism is not the belief that God does not exist." says logicboy. LOL !

Logicboy is very funny, he might have forgotten that two negative words mean 'positive'.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll: can you print this and paste it on Wiegrafs forehead? Although i wouldn't say science is being hypocritical. Just the baby pseudoscientists on this forum being all presumptuous and haughty. grin

grin grin
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06:

Well , my friend, let say this, and please commit it to memory:
Science is mainly about asking questions. Science has never ever claimed to have all the answers, no no no.
Science starts from a position of unknowing and gradually builds up a body of knowledge that is useful to everyone. Such knowledge are subject to review and rejection when superior or more advanced knowledge emerges through the same process.

Everything we know today about the universe were gained incrementally over time, through a thorough process that weighs, tests and vets all new knowledge.
Creationism on the other hand relies on no reasonable level of proof, evidence, mathematical or scientific deduction, except for the fables, myths and legend of stone age people who had zero knowledge of atoms, the basic building block matter, and who barely understood the cause of disease.

Where would a reasonable person like you cast his lot, with religion, or with science?.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

Well , my friend, let say this, and please commit it to memory:
Science is mainly about asking questions. Science has never ever claimed to have all the answers, no no no.
Science starts from a position of unknowing and gradually builds up a body of knowledge that is useful to everyone. Such knowledge are subject to review and rejection when superior or more advanced knowledge emerges through the same process.

Everything we know today about the universe were gained incrementally over time, through a thorough process that weighs, tests and vets all new knowledge.
Creationism on the other hand relies on no reasonable level of proof, evidence, mathematical or scientific deduction, except for the fables, myths and legend of stone age people who had zero knowledge of atoms, the basic building block matter, and who barely understood the cause of disease.

Where would a reasonable person like you cast his lot, with religion, or with science?.

What if at the last day religion was right and science was wrong after all the centuries of mathematic and scientific evaluations?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by UyiIredia(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Strawman......

Your OP was an ad hominem.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll: can you print this and paste it on Wiegrafs forehead? Although i wouldn't say science is being hypocritical. Just the baby pseudoscientists on this forum being all presumptuous and haughty. grin

Oh, by the way, there is no such thing as pseudo-science.
That is just a label for scientific heretics.
In science, wild speculation is allowed and greatly encouraged.

Infact, anything that stimulates thought and imagination is hallmark of scientific quests.

History shows that Every revolutionary idea starts out as a great heresy, and , in the case of science, a pseudo-science.
Alchemy, a pseudo-science, laid the foundations for , and was a forerunner to today's great scientific advancements.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Emusan(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

Well, everything that happens in the universe, with no exceptions, happens as result of an infinite series of chance events.

Your very presence on this forum, thread, and your reading this very message are as an infinite series of chance events today alone, let alone the past 6 months.
6 months ago , did you plan and design to be her at this very moment, reading and responding to this post?.
I am guessing the answer is no.

Evolution is in everything, including your feelings, your values, your imaginations and your thoughts.
I am sure you have heard it before that "Change is the only constant in the universe".

The change referred to here is Evolution.
It is the only constant in the universe.

I know if you are being asked, what is evolution? You won't place it on chance which many atheist on this forum have totally denied.

I always laugh when evolutionist present pre-existing matters as real.

They claim random mutations and natural selection are behind all what we could observe as living things today whereas origin of life itself is unknown.

I put it to any atheist to answer, HOW LIFE BEGIN IN the UNIVERSE, is it on Land, sea e.t.c?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Emusan:

I know if you are being asked, what is evolution? You won't place it on chance which many atheist on this forum have totally denied.

I always laugh when evolutionist present pre-existing matters as real.

They claim random mutations and natural selection are behind all what we could observe as living things today whereas origin of life itself is unknown.

I put it to any atheist to answer, HOW LIFE BEGIN IN the UNIVERSE, is it on Land, sea e.t.c?

We don't know and we definitely not afraid or ashamed to say so. There is a relentless and ongoing quest to know more and more each day.
For all we know, biological life could have sprung in way we do not yet understand, some 50 billion years ago in far away galaxy 50 billion light years from our milky way galaxy.
So what?
Therefore the silly fables of stone age dwellers are better for you?
Why are you in mortal fear of being wrong?
Are you a hostage to something, perhaps a belief system?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by plaetton: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06:

What if at the last day religion was right and science was wrong after all the centuries of mathematic and scientific evaluations?

Well, that is the difference between you and I.
We have no fear of being wrong. We are children seeking to know.

I[b]nfact ,we look forward to the last day so that the so-called designer can answer some scientific, astronomical, geological and historical questions for our hungry minds.[/b]

It seems then, that the sum of your worldview is built on fear.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Emusan(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

We don't know and we definitely not afraid or ashamed to say so. There is a relentless and ongoing quest to know more and more each day.
For all we know, biological life could have sprung in way we do not yet understand, some 50 billion years ago in far away galaxy 50 billion light years from our milky way galaxy.
So what?
Therefore the silly fables of stone age dwellers are better for you?
Why are you in mortal fear of being wrong?
Are you a hostage to something, perhaps a belief system?

No time outside post of yours to my question than your answer.

Now that scientists don't know how life begins on earth then;

*Does random mutations and natural selection really take place on first life? Only if one life started it all!

*How are they sure that only one life started the whole lives on earth?

Please kindly go straight to the questions no trolling.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll: yo man, what I think doesn't matter. Give me proof, not theories of what they were used for. You're beginning to sound like there are ants in your pants cheesy answer me man!!!

nice one there. Trying to introduce a red herring. You know, bringing gravity into this will do you no good. Nobodys talking about the theory of gravity here because the word 'theory' as used in 'the theory of gravity' is very different from when its used in 'the theory of evolution' so Mr wiegraf I jump your red herring pass. tongue

Do you really know what a red herring is? In case you missed it, I'm telling you that the word 'theory' in evolution is used the EXACT same way it is used in relativity.

Mr Troll:
so basically we are back to evolution of the nonsense abi? Because man, you don't know for sure! Just like the theists too, except its god who did theirs grin

I don't know for sure that wings on chickens are vestigial and that they were used for flight by an ancestor in the past?

I suppose you're right, god put those wings there because they are delicious. He did the same with the (sometimes artificially selected) banana. Proof, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

Though he probably thought it funny as well. For instance, he gets to see videos like this one and posts as inane as yours.

Mr Troll:
sight problems I see. I said prove WHY the universe is gargantuan. Kapisce?

Reasoning problems I see. I should prove to you that the universe is gargantuan for a reason. This, after I told you it had NO purpose. In other words, NO reason.....

But as it seems you're particularly special, I'll have to point out I mean no CONSCIOUS reason. Or at the very least, if there were one, it certainly wasn't us. The simple fact that you were customized via evolution to adapt to the universe and not the other way round alone settles that. The product of a haphazard, inefficient, purposeless group of processes that took billions of years to produce you.

I hope you don't assume you're the center of the universe. That all this was created...... just for you?! I see, he made hundreds of billions of galaxies just so we could have a nice view at night. That's why the universe is gargantuan. God really loves us, he goes through so much trouble.

If there is a creator, you aren't even an afterthought. Do you need diagrams to digest this, my good 'free thinker'?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll:

Which school did you go to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / How Can I End An Ungodly Relationship? / Confessions Of An End-time Pastor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.