Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,243 members, 7,849,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

The Evolution Of The Useless. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evolution Of The Useless. (3228 Views)

The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction / The Evolution Of Morality / The Evolution Myth And The ‘God Question' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
wiegraf:

Do you really know what a red herring is? In case you missed it, I'm telling you that the word 'theory' in evolution is used the EXACT same way it is used in relativity.
really?
Do you care to show how?

I don't know for sure that wings on chickens are vestigial and that they were used for flight by an ancestor in the past?
really? You do? Awesome!!!
lemme break it down for you man...does this in essence give iron cast irrefutable proof that evolution as you know it Mr wiegraf is undirected, purposeless, totally random and the universe in fact has no meaning? Do you know this for a fact? You really need to look beyond my seemingly trollish OP and really SEE what its about.

I suppose you're right, god put those wings there because they are delicious.
is this a strawman? Did I say any god put anything anywhere? Are you trying to teach me my trolling job?

He did the same with the (sometimes artificially selected) banana. Proof, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

Though he probably thought it funny as well. For instance, he gets to see videos like this one and posts as inane as yours.
not even funny. Go watch more saka videos.

Reasoning problems I see. I should prove to you that the universe is gargantuan for a reason. This, after I told you it had NO purpose. In other words, NO reason.....
so the universe has no purpose and is exptremely large for nothing. And you absolutely know this how, O! Most gracious Wiegraf?

Wait! Its because well... The universe is just really big and...well, its just US in it and well...its just too big to have ANY purpose. QED abi? Dohohohohohoho!

But as it seems you're particularly special, I'll have to point out I mean no CONSCIOUS reason. Or at the very least, if there were one, it certainly wasn't us. The simple fact that you were customized via evolution to adapt to the universe and not the other way round alone settles that. The product of a haphazard, inefficient, purposeless group of processes that took billions of years to produce you.
double post in another way. Typical of you, no surprises. cheesy

I hope you don't assume you're the center of the universe. That all this was created...... just for you?! I see, he made hundreds of billions of galaxies just so we could have a nice view at night. That's why the universe is gargantuan. God really loves us, he goes through so much trouble.
ah! Assume for me then go ahead to 'debunk' the assumption. Classic Wiegraf!!!grin

If there is a creator, you aren't even an afterthought. Do you need diagrams to digest this, my good 'free thinker'?
ooooooooh! And here you flatter me. I, a freethinker?

In one sentence I'm a god believer and in another I'm a freethinker. Hmmmm, I must indeed be 'special'. Dohohohohohoho grin grin

*straight face* Wiegraf you are still proving my OP right, to be quite frank I rated you smarter than this. This is TheHomers specialty and I had him in mind when I coined that phrase but man, you seem to fit right in too. Well...
wiegraf:

Which school did you go to?
otukpo grammar school wink
And they didn't teach us that evolution has been proven to be fact!
I guess they need to employ you eh? grin
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaetton:

Oh, by the way, there is no such thing as pseudo-science.
That is just a label for scientific heretics.
In science, wild speculation is allowed and greatly encouraged.

Infact, anything that stimulates thought and imagination is hallmark of scientific quests.

History shows that Every revolutionary idea starts out as a great heresy, and , in the case of science, a pseudo-science.
Alchemy, a pseudo-science, laid the foundations for , and was a forerunner to today's great scientific advancements.
ah ah! In one sentence you say there's no such thing as pseudoscience and in another you call alchemy pseudoscience. Whataguan?

Did you say wild speculation is greatly encouraged? By who?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
druid06:

What if at the last day religion was right and science was wrong after all the centuries of mathematic and scientific evaluations?
what is this? Which last day? Which religion's last day?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by ooman(m): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll: are you smoking something? Who told you I'm a theist? ooman you cannot reason correctly. That I know. Logic? You propose logic? Nah, I'll pass. Like I said, who said anything about me being a theist?

so what are you? A deist?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
ooman:

so what are you? A deist?
I am your pain-in-the-butt. tongue
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by ooman(m): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll: I am your pain-in-the-butt. tongue

Nope you are not. Identify yourself.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr Troll: really?
Do you care to show how?

really? You do? Awesome!!!
lemme break it down for you man...does this in essence give iron cast irrefutable proof that evolution as you know it Mr wiegraf is undirected, purposeless, totally random and the universe in fact has no meaning? Do you know this for a fact? You really need to look beyond my seemingly trollish OP and really SEE what its about.

Errm, yes. This is why I ask which school did you go to. From the top of my head

vestigials
shared ancestry
fossils (Btw, fossils map out changes as time progresses (and do note, not ever, not ONCE, have fossils been discovered somewhere that would contradict evolution))
micro evolution which we observe and in fact even manipulate. Simple things like new strains of resistant bacteria alone show this
We've seen the effects of artificial selection and breeding in very short time frames (see even dogs)
Indeed, we've done the simple math. Combine mutation, selection and time, the inevitable conclusion is evolution.
Probably other stuff I've forgotten

Now, do the math.

As for the 'theory' bit, well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution#Scientific_support

wiki:
The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biology, paleontology, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, and others.[22][23][24][25][26] One 1987 estimate found that "700 scientists ... (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) ... give credence to creation-science".[27] An expert in the evolution-creationism controversy, professor and author Brian Alters, states that "99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution".[28] A 1991 Gallup poll of Americans found that about 5% of scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists.[29][30]

Here, a list of scientific societies that actually went out of their way to get the cancer that is ID some treatment. Featuring organizations like the royal society.

But I'm sure, considering the expert you are, you know better. You know what they accept as scientific theories and what they don't. And let me make this very clear as you're obviously not as smart as you think you are.. Scientific THEORY, not hypothesis. Theory like GR or the SM, hope that's clear?

Mr Troll:
is this a strawman? Did I say any god put anything anywhere? Are you trying to teach me my trolling job?

He didn't? Then please explain how an ID managed to create us without manipulating us? Or the universe has no ID or consciousness, yet it has a...... PURPOSE!

Mr Troll:
not even funny. Go watch more saka videos.

Was the guy in the video laughing? He was, incredulously, serious. Just as you are now..

Mr Troll:
so the universe has no purpose and is exptremely large for nothing. And you absolutely know this how, O! Most gracious Wiegraf?

Listen, this is a serious problem. You're too foolish. You make me repeat myself then complain when I do so. This will be my last post wasted on your retardation. So, again, at the very least, WE MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT THE PURPOSE.

Again, I hope that's clear? If you can actually come up with a reasonable purpose (rather than make a needless assumption just to make yourself feel warm and fluffy inside,) I'm all ears.

You can start searching from the Bible, I hear it's very logical. Good luck. If that fails I suggest you stick to the evidence. This involves; not making $hit up, including purposes when there are PATENTLY non evident.

Mr Troll:
Wait! Its because well... The universe is just really big and...well, its just US in it and well...its just too big to have ANY purpose. QED abi? Dohohohohohoho!

Well.....
You did notice the bit were I said you evolved to conform to the universe, and not the other way round, yes?

Mr Troll:
double post in another way. Typical of you, no surprises. cheesy

Well, actually, you did fail to grasp any of that, so it might not have been enough.

Mr Troll:
ah! Assume for me then go ahead to 'debunk' the assumption. Classic Wiegraf!!!grin

That was close, I thought you might have actually assumed that. That's why I started that post with "I hope".

Mr Troll:
ooooooooh! And here you flatter me. I, a freethinker?

In one sentence I'm a god believer and in another I'm a freethinker. Hmmmm, I must indeed be 'special'. Dohohohohohoho grin grin

Erm, that is what you call yourself. I've come up against your foolishness before. Did you think you could mask it, oga b?

Mr Troll:
*straight face* Wiegraf you are still proving my OP right, to be quite frank I rated you smarter than this. This is TheHomers specialty and I had him in mind when I coined that phrase but man, you seem to fit right in too. Well...

I'm not exactly sure what you hope to achieve with this?

Mr Troll:
otukpo grammar school wink
And they didn't teach us that evolution has been proven to be fact!
I guess they need to employ you eh? grin

Thanks.... Now to get @david to tell the projects he works on...

EDITS; Oh yes, I nearly forgot, that you compare the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, built around FALSIFICATION, against dudes who's usual mode of operation is to provide 'evidence' from a book of collected fairy tales by superstitious herdsmen from 2000 years ago shows the extent of your folly. You do know that while most of the scientific world had not particularly given it much thought, they for the most part believed GOD!!! did it until a better theory arrived, yes? One which made predictions and could be tested. One which has been largely spectacularly successful in explaining various phenomena, yes? You think theories built around falsification are wild speculations? I hope no one lets you anywhere near a lab..

As for deist claims, they're completely unnecessary and often times illogical. Most importantly though, again; completely unnecessary. No evidence to back them up whatsoever at all (except odds? That is FAR from good enough). For instance, people say we exist, therefore GOD!!! That's more first class folly right there. We exist, therefore, something exists. That's all existence proves. That's it. The rest is baggage, add gardens, mammy-water and unicorns to it if you wish, it remains BAGGAGE. Deist claims are similar, wishful thinking for the most part. So, as far as ID is concerned, even the marginally more tenable deist claims, no evidence? Don't expect the scientific community to indulge you.

And please use the internet as school obviously failed you, do some reading. Only folk with mental issues (usually brain washing) would deny evolution took place. It's like denying the sun shines. At the very least one would be making a case for guided evolution (like oga @ds is doing). Still folly, but at least sane. Making claims like vestigials don't exist is well..... Stoopidity alone doesn't justify that kind of folly, willful blindness doesn't cut it.. This is worse than that.. Religious people can blame aforementioned brain washing, what's your excuse?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 04, 2013
Emusan:

Logicboy is very funny, he might have forgotten that two negative words mean 'positive'.

Most of you guys speak and write English out of necessity not intelligence.

In many cases a double negative renders a sentence either meaningless to the reciepient (not the speaker) or ambigious.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2013
druid06:

Guy, wetin dey do you? Abi bomb dey your head?
na bad belle dey worry am oh.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 8:03am On Jul 04, 2013
Mr Troll: can you print this and paste it on Wiegrafs forehead? Although i wouldn't say science is being hypocritical. Just the baby pseudoscientists on this forum being all presumptuous and haughty. grin

Ooh, I forgot about this. Same page as before, my good and proper scientist..

wiki:

The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biology, paleontology, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, and others.[22][23][24][25][26] One 1987 estimate found that "700 scientists ... (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) ... give credence to creation-science".[27] An expert in the evolution-creationism controversy, professor and author Brian Alters, states that "99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution".[28] A 1991 Gallup poll of Americans found that about 5% of scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists.[29][30]

There are many scientific and scholarly organizations from around the world that have issued statements in support of the theory of evolution.[39][40][41][42] The American Association for the Advancement of Science, the world's largest general scientific society with more than 130,000 members and over 262 affiliated societies and academies of science including over 10 million individuals, has made several statements and issued several press releases in support of evolution.[25] The prestigious United States National Academy of Sciences, which provides science advice to the nation, has published several books supporting evolution and denouncing creationism and intelligent design.[43][44]

I like how they have so many sources.
What do they think of ID?
wiki:
Additionally, the scientific community considers intelligent design, a neo-creationist offshoot, to be unscientific,[31] pseudoscience,[32][33] or junk science.[34][35] The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that intelligent design "and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life" are not science because they cannot be tested by experiment, do not generate any predictions, and propose no new hypotheses of their own.[36] In September 2005, 38 Nobel laureates issued a statement saying "Intelligent design is fundamentally unscientific; it cannot be tested as scientific theory because its central conclusion is based on belief in the intervention of a supernatural agent."[37] In October 2005, a coalition representing more than 70,000 Australian scientists and science teachers issued a statement saying "intelligent design is not science" and calling on "all schools not to teach Intelligent Design (ID) as science, because it fails to qualify on every count as a scientific theory".[38]

In 1986, an amicus curiae brief, signed by 72 US Nobel Prize winners, 17 state academies of science and 7 other scientific societies, asked the US Supreme Court in Edwards v. Aguillard, to reject a Louisiana state law requiring the teaching of creationism (which the brief described as embodying religious dogma).[6] This was the largest collection of Nobel Prize winners to sign anything up to that point, providing the "clearest statement by scientists in support of evolution yet produced."[26]

But of course, you know better. Like the various proudly ignorant

wiki:
There is a notable difference between the opinion of scientists and that of the general public in the United States. A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time – 87% say evolution is due to natural processes, such as natural selection. The dominant position among scientists – that living things have evolved due to natural processes – is shared by only about third (32%) of the public."[45]

Like all these folk, you know better, yes you do
You also know they don't consider evolution a scientific theory. No they don't
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 04, 2013
druid06:

What if at the last day religion was right and science was wrong after all the centuries of mathematic and scientific evaluations?
religion is inspired by fear of the last day, of the wrath of God. True christianity is a relationship with God in love. Perfect love casts out fear.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by UyiIredia(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Massive support for a theory doesn't make it correct. That's precisely what was the case in the geocentric theory of the Earth's solar system.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Massive support for a theory doesn't make it correct. That's precisely what was the case in the geocentric theory of the Earth's solar system.

As usual, you're confused..
Who asserted this?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Errm, yes. This is why I ask which school did you go to. From the top of my head

vestigials
shared ancestry
fossils (Btw, fossils map out changes as time progresses (and do note, not ever, not ONCE, have fossils been discovered somewhere that would contradict evolution))
micro evolution which we observe and in fact even manipulate. Simple things like new strains of resistant bacteria alone show this
We've seen the effects of artificial selection and breeding in very short time frames (see even dogs)
Indeed, we've done the simple math. Combine mutation, selection and time, the inevitable conclusion is evolution.
Probably other stuff I've forgotten

Now, do the math.

As for the 'theory' bit, well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution#Scientific_support

Here, a list of scientific societies that actually went out of their way to get the cancer that is ID some treatment. Featuring organizations like the royal society.

But I'm sure, considering the expert you are, you know better. You know what they accept as scientific theories and what they don't. And let me make this very clear as you're obviously not as smart as you think you are.. Scientific THEORY, not hypothesis. Theory like GR or the SM, hope that's clear?
so basically all you've told me now is that a great many many scientists accept evolution as totally random and meaningless by actually observing the evidence and then this:
that is, simulations by intelligent humans to show that other designed beings and species were undesigned and random. Hmmmm...and I'm the brainless olodo here. Ok.

He didn't? Then please explain how an ID managed to create us without manipulating us? Or the universe has no ID or consciousness, yet it has a...... PURPOSE!
I swearigawd you have a problem man, STOP assuming you know my mind! You're making an as's out of yourself kiss
I have not made any statements for or against ID before now, have I?

Was the guy in the video laughing? He was, incredulously, serious. Just as you are now..
yawn. Still making an AS'S of yourself again. I think you're carrying over butt hurt from somewhere wink

Listen, this is a serious problem. You're too foolish. You make me repeat myself then complain when I do so. This will be my last post wasted on your retardation. So, again, at the very least, WE MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT THE PURPOSE.

Again, I hope that's clear? If you can actually come up with a reasonable purpose (rather than make a needless assumption just to make yourself feel warm and fluffy inside,) I'm all ears.
maybe you should keep repeating yourself then. Maybe it makes you think you are very intelligent. Listen man, you keep making several silly assumptions about my position in this. I say how are you absolutely sure this gargantuan universe has no purpose? You say in a thousand words that WE most certainly are not the purpose. And you think you sound intelligent? Hehehehehe grin I'm not gonna hold your hands bro.

You can start searching from the Bible, I hear it's very logical. Good luck. If that fails I suggest you stick to the evidence. This involves; not making $hit up, including purposes when there are PATENTLY non evident.
yawn. going back and forth again I see.

Well.....
You did notice the bit were I said you evolved to conform to the universe, and not the other way round, yes?
yea, and I also noticed when you answered that WE most certainly are not the purpose, therefore absolutely no purpose. Genius answer!

Well, actually, you did fail to grasp any of that, so it might not have been enough.
well, actually, its your style. Has nothing to do my grasp. You just like to ramble...

That was close, I thought you might have actually assumed that. That's why I started that post with "I hope".
you thought. You thought. You thought. Yet you still sound silly.

Erm, that is what you call yourself. I've come up against your foolishness before. Did you think you could mask it, oga b?
ah! He thinks I'm Bolaino. I hope you THOUGHT about it very well and you didn't just ASSUME it?

I'm not exactly sure what you hope to achieve with this?
think harder.

EDITS; Oh yes, I nearly forgot, that you compare the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, built around FALSIFICATION, against dudes who's usual mode of operation is to provide 'evidence' from a book of collected fairy tales by superstitious herdsmen from 2000 years ago shows the extent of your folly. You do know that while most of the scientific world had not particularly given it much thought, they for the most part believed GOD!!! did it until a better theory arrived, yes? One which made predictions and could be tested. One which has been largely spectacularly successful in explaining various phenomena, yes? You think theories built around falsification are wild speculations? I hope no one lets you anywhere near a lab..
I hope you were referring to Bolaino not me? Cos if its me...oh well, never mind. grin

As for deist claims, they're completely unnecessary and often times illogical. Most importantly though, again; completely unnecessary. No evidence to back them up whatsoever at all (except odds? That is FAR from good enough). For instance, people say we exist, therefore GOD!!! That's more first class folly right there. We exist, therefore, something exists. That's all existence proves. That's it. The rest is baggage, add gardens, mammy-water and unicorns to it if you wish, it remains BAGGAGE. Deist claims are similar, wishful thinking for the most part. So, as far as ID is concerned, even the marginally more tenable deist claims, no evidence? Don't expect the scientific community to indulge you.
undecided whargabl. You're reaching I see...

And please use the internet as school obviously failed you, do some reading. Only folk with mental issues (usually brain washing) would deny evolution took place. It's like denying the sun shines. At the very least one would be making a case for guided evolution (like oga @ds is doing). Still folly, but at least sane.Making claims like vestigials don't exist is well..... Stoopidity alone doesn't justify that kind of folly, willful blindness doesn't cut it.. This is worse than that.. Religious people can blame aforementioned brain washing, what's your excuse?
who made those claims in bold? Is that what you think my case in the OP is? Now I'm not sure of any of you atheists again. Maybe your brains are truly random and useless.kiss
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 8:31am On Jul 04, 2013
Mr Troll: so basically all you've told me now is that a great many many scientists accept evolution as totally random and meaningless by actually observing the evidence and then this:

wiegraf:

that is, simulations by intelligent humans to show that other designed beings and species were undesigned and random. Hmmmm...and I'm the brainless olodo here. Ok.

Yes. Thank you for proving my point.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Yes. Thank you for proving my point.
100+ likes grin
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2013
wiegraf:

As usual, you're confused..
Who asserted this?
wiegraf:

Ooh, I forgot about this. Same page as before, my good and proper scientist..

I like how they have so many sources.
What do they think of ID?

But of course, you know better. Like the various proudly ignorant

Like all these folk, you know better, yes you do
You also know they don't consider evolution a scientific theory. No they don't
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2013
^^^^
mr m.oron:
nice one there. Trying to introduce a red herring. You know, bringing gravity into this will do you no good. Nobodys talking about the theory of gravity here because the word 'theory' as used in 'the theory of gravity' is very different from when its used in 'the theory of evolution' so Mr wiegraf I jump your red herring pass.

mr m.oron:

can you print this and paste it on Wiegrafs forehead? Although i wouldn't say science is being hypocritical. Just the baby pseudoscientists on this forum being all presumptuous and haughty. grin

Again, yes, I'm sure evolution is not a theory. Indeed, true pseudoscience.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2013
wiegraf: ^^^^

*Sarcasm meter reading......"
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2013
wiegraf: ^^^^

undecided
When common sense fails, use mockery and insults. Changing my moniker? Hmmm, Mr wiegraf.
Well as a personal rule, I don't troll on my own threads. So byetongue
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided
When common sense fails, use mockery and insults. Changing my moniker? Hmmm, Mr wiegraf.

Guy shut up.....Weigraff schooled you on your ignorance about theories
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy shut up.....Weigraff schooled you on your ignorance about theories
say what?
Wheres the schooling? Person wey de go round and around answering what was not asked and ignoring what was asked whether intentionally or not and assuming nonsense when lacking substance and at the end saying absolutely nada.
Say what again? Where's the schooling?
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2013
Mr Troll: say what?
Wheres the schooling? Person wey de go round and around answering what was not asked and ignoring what was asked whether intentionally or not and assuming nonsense when lacking substance and at the end saying absolutely nada.
Say what again? Where's the schooling?

Trololo cheesy
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by wiegraf: 11:19am On Jul 04, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided

You at least noted that common sense failed on you. Well done, there is hope yet..
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Trololo cheesy
dohohohohoho cheesy
yo man, lemme school you a bit. i know you have a windows '95 brain and due to the fact that i have a soft spot for you i'll explain it in dumbo terms...

first of all my OP was trying to tell you atheists that while you go about b'itch slapping the theists when they start spewing their 'god of the gaps' nonsense, you yourselves do not have all the answers because man, you dont know for sure if anything caused the big bang. now your captain mr wiegraf 'mumuishly' jumped into the fray and when i asked him, how do you know for sure that evolution as we know it is undirected, totally random and purposeless? the best he could come up with was well...a great many many top scientists say so and because they are infinitely smarter than the general public they must be right. if that is not Appeal to authority then i dont know what is. maybe it tickles his fancy when they put up a 'scientists vs the public' polls forgetting that the said 'public' might be doctors, lawyers, engineers, philosophers who in fact despite not being 'scientists' might know something about the cosmological argument and therefore might not be quite as illiterate as y'all like to imagine.
now tell me again what mr wiegraf schooled me on? what again is his iron cast irrefutable proof that you atheists are not spewing the evolution of the nonsense? eh...some top top scientists BELIEVE so? how did they come about their belief? whargabl whargabl whargabl.

honest advice logic boy: anytime you wanna sign up for a 'team wiegraf' make sure his smart enough. kapisce? i hope so!
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
wiegraf:

I'm quite sure I didn't address the op. I'm also sure I did not mention the scientific method and falsification.

But do note, evolution is a FACT.

Lets all laugh at wiegraf... evolution is a "fact" that unfortunately you have no proof for ei?

wiegraf:
Do indulge me. How is it not logical and natural, oh supposed scientist? Or is all you have, as usual, ad hominems (and I nearly forgot, a healthy dose of hypocrisy and projection)?

If it was "logical and natural" i wonder why that "seminal experiment" isnt in every serious biology textbook today. For such a natural explanation of how the earth began, it seems to have relegated to the dustbin of history.

Obviously you have never read the experiment... because NASA wrote a rebuttal to it in the 1980s showing many of its initial premises were not likely to have been possible.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mr Troll: dohohohohoho cheesy
yo man, lemme school you a bit. i know you have a windows '95 brain and due to the fact that i have a soft spot for you i'll explain it in dumbo terms...

first of all my OP was trying to tell you atheists that while you go about b'itch slapping the theists when they start spewing their 'god of the gaps' nonsense, you yourselves do not have all the answers because man, you dont know for sure if anything caused the big bang. now your captain mr wiegraf 'mumuishly' jumped into the fray and when i asked him, how do you know for sure that evolution as we know it is undirected, totally random and purposeless? the best he could come up with was well...a great many many top scientists say so and because they are infinitely smarter than the general public they must be right. if that is not Appeal to authority then i dont know what is. maybe it tickles his fancy when they put up a 'scientists vs the public' polls forgetting that the said 'public' might be doctors, lawyers, engineers, philosophers who in fact despite not being 'scientists' might know something about the cosmological argument and therefore might not be quite as illiterate as y'all like to imagine.
now tell me again what mr wiegraf schooled me on? what again is his iron cast irrefutable proof that you atheists are not spewing the evolution of the nonsense? eh...some top top scientists BELIEVE so? how did they come about their belief? whargabl whargabl whargabl.

honest advice logic boy: anytime you wanna sign up for a 'team wiegraf' make sure his smart enough. kapisce? i hope so!

Lol....I sense butthurt cheesy

Atheists dont claim to know everything but you're a troll- you only know how to make spiteful and untrue statements.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheists dont claim to know everything but you're a troll- you only know how to make spiteful and untrue statements.

that there... is the perfect summation of your own online personae. Kinda strange that you didnt realize this yourself.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by druid06(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
davidylan:

that there... is the perfect summation of your own online personae. Kinda strange that you didnt realize this yourself.

Exactly!. LogicBoy has so much anger and some unresolved issues and he's always looking for trouble online. He's very irritating.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
druid06:

Exactly!. LogicBoy has so much anger and some unresolved issues and he's always looking for trouble online. He's very irritating.

You seem to have been butthurted by me recently.

Dont take it personally.
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
davidylan:

grin grin grin grin

This coming from David the troll who had to publicly apologize for his nasty behaviour?

lol....wonders shall never end on nairaland (trolling too)

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin yo man, I give butthurts not the other way round. I just needed to school you a bit before you start worshipping Mr Whargabl wink
I don't make untrue statements though. Have I ever?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Invent A Religion / Nature: Made For Man Or Indifferent To Man's Existence? / The Kaleidoscope-why I dumped Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.