Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:29 AM

Julius Berger Vs CCECC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Julius Berger Vs CCECC (2885 Views)

Ongoing Work At Berger Bus Stop Bridge (photos) / Julius Berger Vs CCECC / Julius Berger Emerges Preferred Bidder For Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger Vs CCECC by Itoroetti(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
Fellow nairalanders,between this 2 giant in construction here in nigeria,which one do u think is the best and why?
Personally,I go for CCECC because their charges is low compare to berger.
Their work in akwa ibom supercedes that of berger interms of state of the art design.the recenty built the biggest round about in west africa in nung udoe just some kilometers after uyo.
I personally think that julius berger are bin over-hyped cos of the numbers of years they've spent in nigeria.
Bergers chargers for contract far exceeds that of CCECC.
Julius Berger is own by germany while CCECC is own by the current "economic world power" china.
Pls express your sincere view base on what u have seen so far.
Re: Julius Berger Vs CCECC by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
Itoroetti :
Fellow nairalanders,between this 2 giant in construction here in nigeria,which one do u think is the best and why?
Their work in akwa ibom supercedes that of berger interms of state of the art design.the recenty built the biggest round about in west africa in nung udoe just some kilometers after uyo.
I personally think that julius berger are bin over-hyped cos of the numbers of years they've spent in nigeria.
Julius Berger is own by germany while CCECC is own by the current "economic world power" china.
Julius Berger can kiss my asss angry

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Vs CCECC by tsomething: 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
Itoroetti :

This promises to be a very educational thread. But as an engineer and one privileged to have worked with one of both companies (Julius Berger ), I would say comparison should be based on many factors.
First of all, JBN charges exorbitant rates compared to CCECC, and this accounts for the amount of equipments and man power deplored to a site (most times some of these equipments aren't even necessary), while CECC is prudent with man power and equipment .
However the main way to compare the quality of works from both companies is to look at their quality control mechanisms.

Julius Berger has a serious quality control mechanism which internally audits the quality of all their materials , methods and works that's why you will always find a laboratory in all their sites and yards. They in addition have independent quality control units who visit all their sites from time to time.

On CCECC , I don't think they have such rigorous quality control mechanism because each project manager of a site is given full autonomy on his project. Meaning he is to manage the funds from the project and also ensure returns to the head office . So in this case, quality control relies on the perrogative of the project manager and the doggedness of the supervisory consultants and officials . I have worked as a consultant supervising CCECC on the World Bank assisted roads in Akwa Ibom, hence my knowledge of them.

Also if you notice procurement of materials in JBN is done centrally and then transported to the various sites, while CCECC procures materials locally and most times give these supply contracts to the locals where the sites are located in order to promote peaceful coexistence with their host community . Materials centrally procured tend to have better quality than those procured locally .

Hence its safe to say JBN still produces better quality than CCECC, however CCECC has proven they can produce quality jobs at cheaper rates but with strict supervision.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Vs CCECC by Itoroetti(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
scipher: Julius Berger can kiss my asss angry
Funny u.
Re: Julius Berger Vs CCECC by Itoroetti(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
@t-something;I tend to agree partially on ur point raised.
Interms of procurement of goods from the "locals",I guess even they CCECC do not procure all their equipment from the "locals".offcourse u knw that cement procured in abj or lagos is same as d ones procured even behind the construction site,so why go that far to bring it all the way from lagos down to the site wen u can add values to the locals by patronising them?this,I guess not only reduces ur cost which cud be as a result of goods transportation,but will endure u to the locals which in turns will which to protect the companies items with or without the company requesting for such favour.so u see...
Re: Julius Berger Vs CCECC by tsomething: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
Itoroetti :
@t-something;I tend to agree partially on ur point raised.
Interms of procurement of goods from the "locals",I guess even they CCECC do not procure all their equipment from the "locals".offcourse u knw that cement procured in abj or lagos is same as d ones procured even behind the construction site,so why go that far to bring it all the way from lagos down to the site wen u can add values to the locals by patronising them?this,I guess not only reduces ur cost which cud be as a result of goods transportation,but will endure u to the locals which in turns will which to protect the companies items with or without the company requesting for such favour.so u see...

Funny enough cement isn't just cement , same way sand isn't just sand. Even from the same supplier, a batch of cement may posses some slightly different properties which may affect its strength positively or negatively. however those little variation due to material imperfections are taken care off during designing.

The kind of materials I was referring to are materials such reinforcements (popularly called iron rods) , additives , form work, etc

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Meaning Of "BAE"? Here It Is! / OMG!! Can This Be The Fattest Baby In The World? [photos] / 17+ Historical Coincidences That Will Blow Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.