Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution (26175 Views)

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help / Bad Experience with FedEx US to Nigeria Courier Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Babylox(f): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
I saw the post was made since June 3rd abi July 3rd. Probably got resolved about then. All of you are riding a late train. The guy pro'ly deleted it cos he was getting to many "New Message on Thread" notifications. Lolz.
I shopped online for the first time last year. I paid on delivery.
Online shopping is new in this country. When online shopping started in other countries was it perfect? How can. You should see some other horror stories by peeps in China or UK.

Abeg tori don dey long. If you like shop online, if you like don't shop online. And to the guy that said he lost 400k online, I say to him ...boochit. Hahahahaha.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by yomalex(m): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
Did anybody by chance copy the original post as it has been deleted, if you delete the OP you might as well delete the whole thread.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by soldierAnt(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
yomalex: Did anybody by chance copy the original post as it has been deleted, if you delete the OP you might as well delete the whole thread.

I decided it was only fair to general public to bring back the Original post.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by soldierAnt(m): 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
webdezzi: I love the fact that they resolved this issue but having the OP remove the original post is not just dubious but unfair to Nigerian

Then to imagine you got the next poster to post on your behalf? Hmm.

Anyway, i will use konga next time i need to buy. Atleast we can iron issues out on this forum if am not satisfied.

The original post is there to be read now
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by ochukoccna: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why did the OP delete his original thread? undecided
How do we know what transpired between you and Konga?
Even if you have resolved with them,why not let us judge what happened for ourselves
Or is the OP a bloody alarmist? sad angry
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by soldierAnt(m): 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
DICKtator:

How much did they pay you for this? I mean to shut da phucck up? I know most people have a price?
Please don't take me seriously on this!!!!
grin grin grin grin

If they had offered to pay me without resolving the issue, I would have downright refused of course...
If they had offered to pay me AND resolve the issue, why the heck would I refuse? LOL

But as it stands they've done nothing of the sort (that is paying me) but I'm still waiting though LOL.

Jokes apart, it was Konga PR who called and reminded me about this post which I had totally forgotten about. It was only morally right for me to come and set things straight and state how and when the issue was resolved. The real moral though is that if you had ever doubted the potency of NL, doubt no more..
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by soldierAnt(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
ochukoccna: Why did the OP delete his original thread? undecided
Even if you have resolved with them,why not let us judge what happened for ourselves

I am not an alarmist, though I must admit I was so frustrated at the time and wanted to force the hand of Konga.com by writing this public post. But all in all, I can say that the laptop issue was resolved before this post came to their attention due in large part to my persistence (trust me na I be naija blood). Like some people have speculated, yes I am indeed remorseful that my rashness(?) has perhaps cost Konga a bit of PR image. I actually do have a lot of respect and admiration for them but those uploaders need spanking sha.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by cold(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I have a colleague who made complaints about the quality of Konga products and made returns a couple of times he lost confidence. he has switched to Jumia.com. I have a problem with Jumia however and it does not bother or bad service or incomplete information, it is the manipulative sales moves they make whenever you make an order.

Example, I order an item on Jumia.com, in a matter of minutes I get a call to confirm my order which I do. The sales person also informs me that their online catalogue is updated with new products and would like me to have a look at this wonderful new shirt from ENZO.. I tell her I will do so later but she refuses to complete my order until i look at it. So I look at it and say, hey it is a fine shirt, she now proceeds to add it to my order WTF did i say i wanted to buy it.. this happened 3 times i made orders angry which kain ambushing be dis
grin Funny ish tho grin
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by ceejay80s(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
ochukoccna: Why did the OP delete his original thread? undecided
na seun or the mods na him remove the post. Advert things, una no know say konga don do 1/2 page advert on nairaland?
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by pizzyzion(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
effisyman: person we buy wetin he no see, na wetin him get he go take.
Lolz.. :-)
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Sike(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Agimor: Tecno p3 just two weeks old is for sale, anyone who wishes to buy should contact this numbers. 07083575582 & 07036157858. Just 12k exclusively to those that live in delta state.
7K or no Deal. #Cash
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by horlabiyi(m): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
E get one time wey I buy that laptop wey be like leather box from one nairalander. D thing no get good battery+blunt screen bad charger and d lady lie for say everything dey okay as I trust her send money na something wey be like BOX na hin she send. Since then I no dey buy thing wey I no see/touch.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by kart042000(m): 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
BRAND NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 FOR SALE cool, you can reach me on 08038436867.

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by babsomotde(m): 12:42am On Jul 20, 2013
Nice one. Good customer care... Keep satisfying your customers, Konga before they look for alternatives. Thanks
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Thefan: 4:35am On Jul 20, 2013
Much better than Jumia making their bad customer experience disappear on Nairaland.( Find attached)

Well done Konga ...Human error go everly happen but a customercentric company will sort it out ASAP and that is what you have done.

Proudly Nigerian.

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2013
Who has tried the newest www.buyam.com.ng?
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by peckerlord: 6:05am On Jul 20, 2013
slimyem: E-mailing this page to a friend who works with them. I should hear his defense.

Dude.....the issue has been resolved, does anyone here understands this, haaain, just read before u write

dont let your hands be faster than ur brain
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by afoo02(m): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2013
soldierAnt: ===============================================================================
IMPORTANT UPDATE
===============================================================================

I've failed to monitor this post for sometime now and I was unaware of the amount of attention it was getting and that's the reason why I am only just replying.

Konga.com, to their credit, have actually rectified the whole laptop situation. They shipped a replacement out to me this week (after a two week struggle) and funded my Konga.com wallet with the balance.

I'm sorry to have raised so much alarm in the heat of the moment. I've actually continued to use them for many other purchases since then (including two pairs of shoes which always get me compliments.). I think they are a good service used with caution, something we really need in this country and should be encouraged.

Those are my honest two cents.

=====================================================================
ORIGINAL POST
=====================================================================

First off a bit of advice. Don't buy anything important from Konga.com. Or don't buy anything without calling them first to confirm every single detail. Or at the very least don't pay by card for anything on Konga.com.

I ordered a HP Envy Ultrabook from Konga and paid by card. One thing that decided me in favour of this ultrabook in place of the myriad other options is the fact that it was stated to have a DVD drive.

However, on receiving it a few days later and opening the package I discovered to my infinite ire that, actually, like many ultrabooks, this one doesn't come with an in-built DVD drive.I called Konga to complain several times.

The representatives kept promising to get back to me. I called again the next day and the rep promised to get back to me once again.

The Day after that I got a call from Konga and the rep informed me that the HP Envy Ultrabook I ordered doesn't have an in-built DVD drive (Duhh! What have I been saying all along?!) Of course I protested that at the time I ordered the product page said it had a DVD drive.

At which point, the CS rep said that their 'uploaders' had informed her that there was no mention of an optical drive for that particular model.

She then suggested I go and review the web page and confirm the specs again. Lo and behold, when I went back to the webpage, all mention of a DVD drive had disappeared as if by magic.

Remember, this was two days after I had taken delivery of the laptop. So basically, whoever made the mistake of writing an optical drive for that laptop has gone and covered their tracks making me look like a fool at this point.

This was hardly the first mistake I've seen by the 'uploaders' of Konga but it's clear that whatever mistakes they make, it's the customers who pay for it.

Isn't that just cozy? As it stands, I've been informed that since I've broken the seal for this laptop, I cannot have it replaced or refunded.

So thanks to some meathead of an uploader, I'm stuck with a fairly expensive ultrabook that isn't an ultrabook at all, is too heavy and doesn't even have a DVD drive to account for all that extra weight. So in brief, I've paid all that extra money just for a brushed metal look. Nice!

Be warned.

pls what is the full meaning of DVD? Just a question dnt abuse me ooo
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Decryptor(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2013
Which rather brings me to an obvious question...why should someone buy something you just saw on ur computer screen? We all know how this country called Nigeria is when it comes to integrity. #ParkandShop or SPAR tinz jare
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by cold(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2013
afoo02: pls what is the full meaning of DVD? Just a question dnt abuse me ooo
Digital Video Disc
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by VicGoodGuy(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2013
afoo02: pls what is the full meaning of DVD? Just a question dnt abuse me ooo

D.ick
Viewing
Device
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by VicGoodGuy(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2013
To me, this online trade thingy is a complete no-no. Tried it last month when I bought two pairs of shoes from an online outlet that advertised on NL here. When the shoes arrived after what seemed like eternity, they were the complete opposite of what I saw in the pics. I called and called but my calls weren't picked. Sent an email to no avail. I had to give the shoes away cos I can't see myself putting on those garbages. I had to accept my fate and resolved not to try it again.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by frankels(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2013
OKeokpa:
why would I buy tecno p3 for 12k?
I dnt tink u know what u saying
tell am ooo..its 10k and its bn like dat since last month in my area
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by roselynbas(f): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
manny4life: This just means that e-commerce in Nigeria has a long way to long. Unless the banks/ACH companies begin to go after these fraudulent companies and make them pay for their deeds, Nigerians will NEVER trust companies with their money. This is not exempting the dubious fraudsters, but the clean honest Nigerians looking for shopping-made-easier.

Most of the comments here are quite unnecessary. The buyer could have simply confirmed first online the specification of the product before ordering. One clerk made that mistake not the entire company. No, you are the one that needs to live in this century not take us back. This company has been serving clients successfully, if this is the only hitch they have after a long while, I guess they are doing very well. You are just in the category of busy body that is called DETRACTORS! angry
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
roselynbas:

Most of the comments here are quite unnecessary. The buyer could have simply confirmed first online the specification of the product before ordering. One clerk made that mistake not the entire company. No, you are the one that needs to live in this century not take us back. This company has been serving clients successfully, if this is the only hitch they have after a long while, I guess they are doing very well. You are just in the category of busy body that is called DETRACTORS! angry

Public Perception is important as well as employee professionalism, one clerk? the entire process flow from the clerk to the customer sales rep to the young guns running konga made a mistake.. there should be a STRICT COMPANY POLICY that puts REPUTATION as topmost priority. I have never shopped from Konga but after reading this post I doubt I will, that is how Public Perception works and how Reputation falls to the gutters. One mistake ruined a lifetime of reputation building for Bill Clinton, do you know how much reputation damage this single post on Nairaland has done already. KONGA should get that part of their business nailed down tight.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Revolva(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by pianogirl(f): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
ShopKonga:
Thank you for shopping on Konga.com @SoldierAnt, we are very happy that this misunderstanding has been resolved and you can continue shopping on Konga.com.

#Kongacares
. I don't advice any one to shop with Konga. You people are nothing but irresponsible scams who know how to defraud people. I ordered for a Spark SP C002 tablet for N10,000 during the Yakata sales. I got a txt that same day telling me that the order had been verified. Up till now,I'm still yet to receive my tablet. I got a txt from Konga on Thursday evening apologizing for the delay with the order,that they working on delivering it within the shortest possible time. Only for me to receive another txt from Konga this morning telling me that the item on my order is unavailable and will be cancelled within 24hrs. The annoying part of the whole thing is that some of my colleagues who ordered for their tablets very much later after I had ordered for mine that same day have received theirs already. I was one of the very first people to order for the tablet when it was still very much in stock. I called the customer care and they told me that the product was out of stock as at the time I placed an order. How could I have placed an order when it was out of stock?Does that make sense to any reasonable person? You guys are just bunch of confused human beings who don't know what you are doing. I'm so disappointed in Konga right now.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Truman155(m): 12:17am On Dec 12, 2014
i heard konga gave another phone for those disappointed they said its lenovo a33000 how much did konga offer it to those dissapionted
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by acolyte(f): 2:42am On Feb 11, 2015
Hello everyone, i am presently battling with with a nasty experience from konga.com (a mistake i pray never to repeat with any other person least of all konga.com). I ordered for a laptop from konga.com choosing to pay on delivery. When the good arrived i went to pick it up, i should have read the handwriting on the wall cos a series of annoying things happened, first of all one of their dispatch agents left with 2 pos machines leaving the office with none,they apologized, telling me its a mistake and called the guy to bring back the pos but he didn't show up. i had a strong nudge to leave their office and never come back but i didn't listen to my gut. Finally i used the atm to withdraw cash and was charged for the withdrawal since i already exceeded the number of times i was supposed to use another bank's atm. i paid for the laptop and took it home but on getting home, i realized it was different from what i ordered for; first of all on their site they said the processor was amd dual core but what i got was an intel celeron processor, secondly the site said the laptop would have a 4 cell lithium battery but i was given a 3 cell battery. i complained to the customer care (lemme not bore u with the details) and finally they accepted to take back the lappy and refund my account. i didn't want a replacement (plus the merchant apologized and informed me he didn't have the exact spec of laptop at that moment) besides, it was my first time of trying out konga.com and i was far from impressed. i asked for a refund and knoga agreed to refund my account but insisted i send back the laptop which i did over 2 weeks ago (on monday the 26th of jan) and up to this very moment, konga has not bothered to contact me in any way. i have been the one calling (i have called 5 times and even yesterday) them and all i get is a pile of apologies from their customer care and no evidence of follow up whatsoever. i considered visiting their office in lagos but i do not even stay in lagos and its not at all convenient for me. konga has simply ignored me and the agreement to refund my account with 60k i paid for their mistake.
am using this medium to ask the house for any ideas on how to help me out of this mess and warn people to be careful when dealing with knoga.com. if u must buy from them, then chose pay on delivery option and when u go to pick it up, open (yes i repeat) open and explore the package b4 paying them. dont just pick up the package and be on ur way, ensure it is what u want before payment to avoid regrets. pls if anyone has any useful info on how i can get my 60k from konga, pls let me know cos am in need of it. thank u (08068590823)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.