Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin (27094 Views)

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by dabrake(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2013
why did he snub retardinho?

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by obinnakenedo(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2013
dhardline:
He does but on exceptionally rare occasions.Even heard he has the ability to teleport to his desired location in seconds.
Hiro Nakamura!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by ZACHIE: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2013
How come Oba of Benin never visits no one?
Others are always visiting him.
I have been wondering and pondering to the point of wandering in my thoughts
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by gunpoint(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2013
One is an OBA, the other is a puppet! The oba of lagos has become a puppet.
FYI I am yoruba so shutzafvckup!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by bigpips(m): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2013
aka tonero: Wetin Oba of Benin dey chop self? Him no dey old.Benin i hail ooooooooh!!!
The first two pictures is that of the Crown Prince welcoming the Oba of Lagos.The Last Pic is that of the Oba of Benin seated.He is 90 yrs old.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by maniphest: 9:37am On Jul 04, 2013
Akanniade:
Hmmm but his great grand father could not teleport when the British had him in chains and exiled him to calabar.
Obobs, that was then, juju don go hi-tech now.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2013
Mega monarchs

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by Cathybrown: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2013
na dem knw watin dem get together. dis oba of ejigb don hammer money dis his fortcoming 15yrs anivasry. all traders for ejigbo dey 1k
nawaooo
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by purplekayc(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2013
I wonder what's this is doing on the front page ?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by free2ryhme: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2013
saintvalx: @Musiwa28, you're derailing this thread. Oba of Lagos visits Oba of Benin, which one is Kano Pillers vs Julius Berger?

@post, my question is Oba of Benin never leaves his palace, why?

Go to oba of Benin's palace to find out .. And besides the myth surrounding the Oba of benin is such that it has given the Oba a god-like status

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by Afroconnect: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2013
Traditions and ties...very nice.The convergence of Royal fathers that have lots of respect from the people, is a sure way of fostering better relationships between peoples and finding solutions to societal and National challenges.
May we always uphold our valuable cultures of love,brotherhood and solidarity.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by mbhs139(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2013
splashbaby: He never sleeps outside the palace...a day off is only allowed with special reasons! I hope I'm right though!.
Not really.

He doesn't see eye-ball to eye-ball with another Oba. That's the more reason he doesn't leave the palace nor other Obas pays him a visit. It gat to do with tradition.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by shevon: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2013
Make una no vex or ban me o, I'm just trying to make an observation: Is there something wrong with HRH's eyes? In the first picture, he doesn't seem to be paying attention to what the Benin chief is telling him or is it that something else caught his attention. In the second one, his mind seem to be else where. And the third picture (with the Omo N'Oba) he seems to be talking to someone that is not there.
Hope it is not what I am thinking undecided
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by mbhs139(m): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2013
bigpips:
The first two pictures is that of the Crown Prince welcoming the Oba of Lagos. The Last Pic is that of the Oba of Benin seated.He is 90 yrs old.

You are wrong bro. The same person is in the same all pics. The Oba of Benin don't seat nor see eye-ball to eye-ball with another Oba. It's a taboo.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by tomiyege: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2013
All the Obas of Lagos before Oba Akintoye are buried in Benin City. Oba Akintoye was the first Oba of Lagos to be buried within the modern palace. A befitting tomb exists in the ancient palace. All other Obas are buried within the old palace except the Obas Adeniji Adele II and Adeyinka Oyekan II. A more befitting tomb will be erected to house future Obas.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by MacLovington(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2013
mbhs139:

You are wrong bro. The same person is in the same all pics. The Oba of Benin don't seat nor see eye-ball to eye-ball with another Oba. It's a taboo.

Ol' boy where did you hear that?

When the Oba of Benin paid a nationwide thank-you visit to all the Obis, Obas, Emirs etc who came to his coronation, you mean he sent a body double? I had some relatives in his convoy.

Maybe you were not even born then.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2013
Nice one!

History has been made.I dont think this has ever been done.Kudos to Oba Akiolu.

But their traditional necklaces are of different styles.

One is Yorubish while the other is Edoish.

Just an observation though!!

Any idea what language they spoke to each other?

I'm very sure it can't be Edo/Benin.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by uruomostephen(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2013
why do you want to know their salary, you want to b one soon.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by stephano100(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2013
mbhs139:

so u mean d oba of lagos came to see d oba of benin,but didnt actually gets 2 see im physically,ar u serious,........cos dats strange oo
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by mydi(f): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2013
mbhs139:

yeah he doesn't c eyeball 2 eyeball with anoda oba but d first 2 pix are dat of d crown prince, d last is d oba himself seated or u nor notice d difference:-/
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by sweetponmo(m): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2013
You are a kingy, I am a kingy. Kingy meji pade ara won!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2013
Ogboni members in display undecided

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by SaintChukz(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2013
Did you know? - These two OBA's are in-laws. Yes, they are related by marriage because an Edo princess i.e a daughter to The OBA of Benin is married to one of the Son's of The OBA of Lagos. I doubt many of you knew that.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by stpat1(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2013
aka tonero: Wetin Oba of Benin dey chop self? Him no dey old.Benin i hail ooooooooh!!!

lol you wan know wetin him dey chop? u go fit chop am if dem offer am to you? grin chop wetin you know o
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by SaintChukz(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2013
Idi Amin: Ogboni members in display undecided
Are you one of their Members?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by xtr0v3rt(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2013
Oba of benin only leaves the palace once a year!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by haitto99(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2013
right from old EKO(lagos) was under d benin empire so itz normal for d oba of lagos to pay erediawa a visit, as for ooni and alaafin dem be agbayas
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by MacLovington(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2013
Virgin Finder: Nice one!

History has been made.I dont think this has ever been done.Kudos to Oba Akiolu.

But their traditional necklaces are of different styles.

One is Yorubish while the other is Edoish.

Just an observation though!!

Any idea what language they spoke to each other?

I'm very sure it can't be Edo/Benin.

Go and read the history of Lagos Monarchy and you will know where the first Eleko of Eko comes from.

These are two relatives meeting. Oba Oyekan (of blessed memory) always underlined their blood ties.

I learned about this first hand when one of Oba Oyekan's children was my classmate in secondary school.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by oseo1(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2013
Gotta love tradition

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by ceejayluv(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2013
tpia@:
there are places in nigeria that you dont just go to anyhow unless you get special armour.

yorubas are many there but they must be the strong type. Either that or something else.
What the Hell are you talking about??.. Take a vacation to Benin and discard that stereotype pls.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by chichi5041: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Photo shop @ work!! Watch d pix closely
Re: Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin by juman(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
Splendid visit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? / Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? / Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.