Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Customized Web Chatting App - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Customized Web Chatting App (654 Views)

Amazing And Affordable Customized Web Design Services / I Need Reviews On My Online Web Chatting App / :: Customized Web Development And Design :: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customized Web Chatting App by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2013
I have wanted a situation where I can chat with my family, close friends, clients and staff without using YM, facebook or any of the chatting app. So I decided to develop a customized one for myself. I will create it from scratch using html, css, javascript, ajax, php/mysql.

The first version will have just two features. Text chatting and an option to upload a picture into the chatting window. The website will be securely encrypted.

Basically, when you one is typing, the person at the other end will know. Again, one will be able to chat with more than one person. Each person will have his own chat window.

I will be launching it on 1st of August for webmasters here to help me test it and to spot out bugs.

Meanwhile, you can take a look at the home page: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/chatroom

Keep eyes on this thread.
Re: Customized Web Chatting App by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Can't register. And why are you using $_GET to retrieve user login details? The user password is displaying in the url (e.g. http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/chatroom/?username=yorme&password=mypassword), of which i think is not safe at all. Please check.
Re: Customized Web Chatting App by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
You cant register now. When am done, I will provide a default username and password for webmasters to help me test it and spot out possible bugs.

I didn't set either get or post. Both my action and method have '#'. Am working on the back-end now. Wil launch on 1st August.
Re: Customized Web Chatting App by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 27, 2013
august don past mr GP!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Customized Web Chatting App by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2013
I made one chatting stuff like that back then, but it was chopping too many server resources. Me thinks, we need a special server to maintain chat proper. What if the chat is opened on about 100 devices?

(1) (Reply)

Why People Are Not Always Successful Creating A Website / How To Add An Icon To My .tk Domain Name / How To Get Mastercard Payment System Or Other Alternative In My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.