Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,399 members, 7,958,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) (134864 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by maclatunji: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
ladyconfessor:
Thanks Sir God Bless You... was actually running a PT Program... Thinking of rewriting Jamb angry

Yes, it is a good idea to write JAMB. You can also try open university if you can afford it.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 9:25am On Jan 12, 2015
BornSad:

Sorry for sounding harsh, I was not in a good mood yesterday.

Even 'change' is an inappropriate word here. No one can change his sexual orientation. I repeat, no one; not you not me.

Now, you know!

I have a transgender friend nicknamed "abbie", I never condemned him/her and wouldn't condemn you either. You have a friend in me if you wouldn't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
bellong:

I have a transgender friend nicknamed "abbie", I never condemned him/her and wouldn't condemn you either. You have a friend in me if you wouldn't mind.
D

Lol.... Please, don't tell me it's a gay guy you're referring to as "transgender". We might have a unique sexual orientation but we are not transgender. We are males.

Thanks for your cordiality. I'd be glad to have a real friend.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2015
BornSad:

Lol.... Please, don't tell me it's a gay guy you're referring to as "transgender". We might have a unique sexual orientation but we are not transgender. We are males.

Thanks for your cordiality. I'd be glad to have a real friend.

Not at all, not a gay guy but a guy who believe he is a she and has done hormonal transfiguration to look like a female. S/he is a member of the LGBT community in San Francisco.

I have had number of encounters with gay people, so I understand the orientation.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 13, 2015
bellong:

Not at all, not a gay guy but a guy who believe he is a she and has done hormonal transfiguration to look like a female. S/he is a member of the LGBT community in San Francisco.

I have had number of encounters with gay people, so I understand the orientation.

Interesting.

I want to believe you. Though I doubt if a straight guy will ever understand what it means to be gay.

Nice meeting you.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 9:00am On Jan 13, 2015
BornSad:

Interesting.

I want to believe you. Though I doubt if a straight guy will ever understand what it means to be gay.

Nice meeting you.

I may not have a perfect understanding of what it means but I know I can accommodate the difference in my dealings with you. What join us as humans are more than what divide us.

As Jesus will relate with you as a friend and someone He died for, I as a strong believer in Him and striving to follow His path, I will relate with you as such.

Nice meeting you too.

9 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Have been having this urge to just end my life. My story is just too lengthy. But sincerely I don't think I can hold on any more. My heart is heavy and totally depressed. Of many issues, work depressions, home, I have failed virtually.cos I can't even live up to the title "first born anymore."I work and it's like I don't work at all..The organisation I work with deprived me of all my entitlements..despite the fact I have payed dearly(financial settlements) for certain losses that affected the co.wen I was a supervisor I don't know what to ask from God any more. My fiancee has asked when can we get married., I have been given quit notice to vacate the apartment I live Inn .God are you up there? All this is way too much for me @30 years to worry about....
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by OkunrinMeta: 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
igwemoagbo:
Have been having this urge to just end my life. My story is just too lengthy. But sincerely I don't think I can hold on any more. My heart is heavy and totally depressed. Of many issues, work depressions, home, I have failed virtually.cos I can't even live up to the title "first born anymore."I work and it's like I don't work at all..The organisation I work with deprived me of all my entitlements..despite the fact I have payed dearly(financial settlements) for certain losses that affected the co.wen I was a supervisor I don't know what to ask from God any more. My fiancee has asked when can we get married., I have been given quit notice to vacate the apartment I live Inn .God are you up there? All this is way too much for me @30 years to worry about....
Wow. And i thought i had problems. I am an unemployed graduate who lives with his brother. He has just sent me packing giving me one cock and bull story. Am very sure he was put up to it by his wife and now i have to go to live with my dad who has no money. How will i even be able to attend interviews. I thought about my life this night hen and i was crying. Immagine i applied to a car wash, they said they cant employ me cause of distance. They man was like why will i want to work in a car wash with bsc. Whats the meaning of bsc. If i keep sitting in front of people at interviews telling me am not good enough, no experience. Bla bla. Volunteer self, no tfare to go. The only reason i havent killed myself is because i have a sister who has invested so much in me, even borrowing money for me to start a business, now no momey to maintain the farm. But i know one day it will all be history and i wont forget to pay everyone back in there own coin. My friend, i guess u have to find your own reson to keep fighting, somebody that u dont want to have to deal with ur lifeless body. For me, its my sister, every other person can go to hell. Maybe for u itll be ur fiancee or your friend or those u feel indebted to. Find a reason to hold on. And start searching for a new job. That one is sucking life out of u. U have experience, edit ur cv and start sending it out. Sometime i wish i can just pack my bags and leave to somewhere, anywhere but here.

7 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 10:10am On Jan 21, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

Wow. And i thought i had problems. I am an unemployed graduate who lives with his brother. He has just sent me packing giving me one cock and bull story. Am very sure he was put up to it by his wife and now i have to go to live with my dad who has no money. How will i even be able to attend interviews. I thought about my life this night hen and i was crying. Immagine i applied to a car wash, they said they cant employ me cause of distance. They man was like why will i want to work in a car wash with bsc. Whats the meaning of bsc. If i keep sitting in front of people at interviews telling me am not good enough, no experience. Bla bla. Volunteer self, no tfare to go. The only reason i havent killed myself is because i have a sister who has invested so much in me, even borrowing money for me to start a business, now no momey to maintain the farm. But i know one day it will all be history and i wont forget to pay everyone back in there own coin. My friend, i guess u have to find your own reson to keep fighting, somebody that u dont want to have to deal with ur lifeless body. For me, its my sister, every other person can go to hell. Maybe for u itll be ur fiancee or your friend or those u feel indebted to. Find a reason to hold on. And start searching for a new job. That one is sucking life out of u. U have experience, edit ur cv and start sending it out. Sometime i wish i can just pack my bags and leave to somewhere, anywhere but here.

Don't live because of revenge. Of what use will your revenge be if you can live to teach the evil doers how to live right.

Please flush out the ambition of paying people back in their coin. I believe that your tomorrow will be great. When you are fully settled, forgive those that have wronged you and never revenge. Vengeance will not make you fulfill in life.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by danmyboy: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
BornSad:

Interesting.

Nice meeting you.

I sent you a PM. Notify me when you respond.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
danmyboy:

I sent you a PM. Notify me when you respond.

I just did.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by danmyboy: 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
BornSad:

I just did.

Thank you. I have responded.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
danmyboy:

Thank you. I have responded.

Seen.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by danmyboy: 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
BornSad:

Seen.

Thanks for your response. I have responded back to you.
Hope you had a wonderful day.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 27, 2015
danmyboy:

Thanks for your response. I have responded back to you.
Hope you had a wonderful day.

Sure thanks.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by OkunrinMeta: 10:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Am really tired of living like this
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 11:09am On Jan 28, 2015
OkunrinMeta:
Am really tired of living like this

How?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Stegomiah:
Suicide is not a solution to whatever you are going thru, it ends the possibility of things getting better, it kills the hope for a brighter future/tomorrow.

Another thing is that God gave us life, and taking it away by yourself is a great sin before God, infact suicide is the greatest sin sm1 can commit. Av read some posts about people feeling suicidal here in the family section, and i think these people needs help, and counselling, am using this medium 2 plead on dia bhalf, please do not insult, push, blame..them, they need words of encouragement, motivation and inspiration and i think that is the aim of this thread in the first place, and 4 those having a suicidal tot/feelings pls come out and share with us so we can help, and avoid being lonely cos research has shown that majority of those that commit suicide at one point or the other do isolate themselves 4rm people, pls be free 2 share with us. †нªηкs!
if only it cn b so easy 2 undastnd ur points.If u ll agree wit me *death is better dan experiencing some situation*.....

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
So this kind of land exist in naira land and I don't know thank GOD I found it I thought my talent was a waste but seeing some comment here
Made me realize that the world needs me. Am gifted with the ability to understand people and situation and also advice them if u need some one to talk to what app me on 08096310688 or just quote me with ur problem thanks
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by napa: 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
I need the help of a professional psychologist or organisations that deals with drug addiction in Lagos ASAP. I have a brother whom the family just got to know that he uses drugs but we don't know the specific drug he uses , though he never owned up to using those substances but the major problem is he's been talking about suicide attempt immediately he realised that his drug addiction was no longer a secret. We've tried in our own little way to talk to him and pacify him not to try it but we need the help of someone or organisation whose career is on this line. We don't want to take chances. Please it's urgent.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by usermane(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2015
No, am not feeling suicidal. But am in pain, i live through psychological pain. I need help, am looking for a way to numb my pain.

Am dealing with pain everyday, am trying to walk away from a life of pain. I need to take it light, my heart is growing cold, am trying harder to hide my pain from the people that i know. Am trying to get things right as much as i can but it all seem there is something that am missing. Despite all effort rid myself of this pain, it continue to lurk around me. It is making me feel there is no other way, but to give up everything.

Am hoping and praying for better days ahead. So, please share your ideas on how to numb emotional pain that emanate from personal losses or failure, pain that cannot be instantly healed but must be numb and managed over time.

Thank You.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by joywendy(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
@usermane
see i know how you feel. To have so much pain that you feel like the floor should just open and swallow you up.

One of the ways you can relieve yourself of this pain is to talk to someone about this. You cant keep on carry all this at heart it is not healthy at all.

Also stop beating yourself up, losses happen, failures happen that doesn't mean life is over.

learn to appreciate the good things you have presently and try to get something doing, focus on something you love.

wishing you all the best smiley

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by usermane(m): 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
joywendy:
@usermane
see i know how you feel. To have so much pain that you feel like the floor should just open and swallow you up.

One of the ways you can relieve yourself of this pain is to talk to someone about this. You cant keep on carry all this at heart it is not healthy at all.

Also stop beating yourself up, losses happen, failures happen that doesn't mean life is over.

Thanks a lot for your concern. Perhaps i may lighten my heart by confiding in someone, but even then it has to be someone really close to me, someone that can relate. This pain am suffering can cause anyone a whole lot. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2015
usermane:

No, am not feeling suicidal. But am in pain, i live through psychological pain. I need help, am looking for a way to numb my pain.

Am dealing with pain everyday, am trying to walk away from a life of pain. I need to take it light, my heart is growing cold, am trying harder to hide my pain from the people that i know. Am trying to get things right as much as i can but it all seem there is something that am missing. Despite all effort rid myself of this pain, it continue to lurk around me. It is making me feel there is no other way, but to give up everything.

Am hoping and praying for better days ahead. So, please share your ideas on how to numb emotional pain that emanate from personal losses or failure, pain that cannot be instantly healed but must be numb and managed over time.

Thank You.
sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 23, 2015
@usermane.

If you read my previous posts on this thread, you'd agree with me I might be more emotionally busted than you are. And just like you, it's not the kind of thing one discusses with peeps. But here am I, holding on tight and hoping for a better end. Just be positive about yourself and do not let people's opinion be your driving force. Stay positive, do what's within your limits and leave the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
usermane:

Thank You.

I think its a bad idea to numb emotions i hope you pay attention to it instead of numbing off, the pain is you asking for help so you may like to pay attention to what a part of you is trying to tell you, your pain is so loud right now because that is the only way you can get your own attention so instead of numbing or trying to suppress it i hope you listen to yourself. I understand numbing is a coping mechanism but paying attention to the pain and inquiring is a healing route the earlier the better.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by shyshally(f): 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hy
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 27, 2015
shyshally:
Hy everybody,for a long time I've avoided writting on this thread,cus most times that I've for help on nairaland,the people weren't so friendly.but I think I need to write this,am depressed too,but I don't think I have the heart to end it,considering the people I'll hurt when I do so,so right now am just going through life,nothing exciting anymore.the truth is unlike most people,am not scared of dying and not been remembered.I actually want it that way,to just disappear and cease to exist completely.I wish for it daily,I know am being ungrateful with life,but somtimes everything just gets too much to handle,is this normal pls?

No, it's not normal.

What's up?: Why are you depressed? Why are you having suicidal thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by shyshally(f): 8:09am On Feb 27, 2015
Yields:

No, it's not normal.

What's up?: Why are you depressed? Why are you having suicidal thoughts?
Can't pinpoint the reason exactly,its all mixed up,mainly family issues,I have to be a different person at home,outside,among friends just to survive,I don't even know who I am again.and thanks for replying,I appreciate it
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
shyshally:

Can't pinpoint the reason exactly,its all mixed up,mainly family issues, I have to be a different person at home,outside,among friends just to survive, I don't even know who I am again.and thanks for replying,I appreciate it
WHY? Elaborate, please.

Are you single or married?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by mayenga(m): 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thanks for this useful thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (39) (Reply)

My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / You Met Your Wife Sister Like This, What Will You Do? / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Neighbours Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.