Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation (13515 Views)

N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN / Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC / Gtbank Commences “instant Account Opening” On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by omongbatim: 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Reagan Ufomba's (ex APGA gubernatorial candidate in Abia) cement company in Calabar beginning to bag cement.

WHO THEN IS OCHIAGHA REAGAN UFOMBA?
A dedicated family man, RJ is a humble and very caring person. He would give the shirt off his back for someone who really is in need for it. Articulate and deeply religious, Reagan received his early upbringing from his devout Catholic parents. He eventually attended Immaculate Conception Seminary, Ahiaeke Umuahia. He later read Secretarial Studies at the Federal Polytechnic Mubi; Law at the Lagos State University (LASU) and at the Federal College of Education Technical Akoka, he studied Public Administration. He also read History & International Relations at Lagos State University, before proceeding to the prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston USA to study Global Negotiation. Not one to drop a chance at learning something new, he is presently studying Peace & Conflict Resolution at the National Open University of Nigeria.

Ochiagha, as his people fondly call him, went through the rough and tumble paths of life as would anyone. However, his doggedness and steadfastness saw him growing from a young graduate of Federal Polytechnic, Mubi to working as a freelance writer, drycleaner, poultry farmer, medical laboratory proprietor, and with NICOHO, the Lebanese construction firm that built the old Federal Secretariat Abuja. Reagan soon after became one of the biggest cement distributors for Dangote Industries, distributing a minimum of 200 cement trucks every month under a guaranty scheme with a loan from UBA. He is the Chairman/CEO of 1.2million metric tons capacity Reagan Cement plant in Calabar. Reagan was one of the first merchants to import and distribute the rapid HIV Testing Kit and SIM card backup in Nigeria. An innovative business thinker Ufomba was given a license to import 500,000metric tons of cement in 2008 by the FGN; and another license to set-up a 2million metric tons capacity cement manufacturing plant in Arochukwu, Abia State. He later served in a federal government committee on the future of cement industry in Nigeria. Alhaji Aliko Dangote has this to say of Ochiagha’s exploits in the cement business “….I am certainly not surprised at this breakthrough given the highest level of your commitment and support to the cement industry, I am very proud of this achievement.”

1 Like

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by omongbatim: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
Reagan Ufomba's (ex APGA gubernatorial candidate in Abia) cement company in Calabar beginning to bag cement.

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by omongbatim: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2013

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by omongbatim: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
The political bickering between Gov Orji and this man caused him to move the site of his cement company from Abia to Calabar. But as he promised 60% of his junior workers are Abians. The rest are Cross Riverians.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by gregg2: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim: The political bickering between Gov Orji and this man caused him to move the site of his cement company from Abia to Calabar. But as he promised 60% of his junior workers are Abians. The rest are Cross Riverians.

Calabar is very peaceful with hospitable people.
I think that is the reason investors are trooping in.

3 Likes

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by seunfly: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
gregg2:

I think Calabar is the latest place that is attracting investment beside Lagos and Ogun state, i wonder why they are ignoring Akwa ibom despite the all the infrastructural developments.

2 Likes

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by vizboy(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
Nice
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by omongbatim: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
gregg2:

This was due to politics of Abia. PDP vs APGA
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by plaindealer: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1187231_nine_jpg6afa57503d1930fe7fea1938ae0a8204[/img]

Dude is needlessly getting exposed to harmful toxins with this outdated machinery and production system....

Processing and bagging cement manually in 2013?

6 Likes

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by omongbatim: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1187231_nine_jpg6afa57503d1930fe7fea1938ae0a8204[/img]

Dude is needlessly getting exposed to harmful toxins with this outdated machinery and production system....

Lung cancer on my mind. Nigeria has little or no EHS guidelines.

1 Like

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by thelonestranger: 11:54am On Jul 06, 2013
plaindealer: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1187231_nine_jpg6afa57503d1930fe7fea1938ae0a8204[/img]

He is not even wearing overalls or gloves or safety boots(I am sure) or helmet or any protective clothing. This is a absurd ! This company should be shut down for lack of compliance with health and safety regulations. But... this is Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by nerodenero: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2013
omongbatim:

Do we ever take precautionary measures seriously?I call it Nigeria madness!
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
thelonestranger:
He is not even wearing overalls or gloves or safety boots(I am sure) or helmet or any protective clothing. This is a absurd ! This company should be shut down for lack of compliance with health and safety regulations. But... this is Nigeria..

Abi o ! i tire for my kontri oo shocked shocked
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by yhemster(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Inefficiency @ its best. bulk quantity of Cement truck in by road, bagging of cement done manually and likewise loading of loading of finished product is done manually. When is this country going to change. I really feel bad for those 2 guys doing the bagging, I know they really do not have much choice but seriously those guys are at high health risk. And @ the end of the day their total salary wont to enough to pay for their medical treatment.

And well, its good to see another entrepreneur biting off little crumbs from the Monstrous Dangote market.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by thelonestranger: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
yhemster: Inefficiency @ its best. bulk quantity of Cement truck in by road, bagging of cement done manually and likewise loading of loading of finished product is done manually. When is this country going to change. I really feel bad for those 2 guys doing the bagging, I know they really do not have much choice but seriously those guys are at high health risk. And @ the end of the day their total salary wont to enough to pay for their medical treatment.

And well, its good to see another entrepreneur biting off little crumbs from the Monstrous Dangote market.

WAPCO does it automatically as far as I know. But when you go set up an emergency production system just to make money without care for people or the environment this is the result. Calabar should be ashamed to have this in their backyard.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by obua: 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
Reagan cement cant produce bagged cement at Abia( economically) because Abia has no access to the sea or major river port. So its not a question of tussle with Gov Orji

2 Likes

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
obua: Reagan cement cant produce bagged cement at Abia( economically) because Abia has no access to the sea or major river port. So its not a question of tussle with Gov Orji

That is essentially the truth...but people are always eager to read unhelpful political meaning into a purely economic decision.

Reagan will not build a factory in Abia and able to compete with Larfage or Dangote cement...it's a product that the raw material is either near the factory or you build the factory close to sea port.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by eastermaris(f): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pls where do they get thier raw materials?
(Limestone) i wld love to supply them.Any one who can link me pls?
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by Ekans: 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
seunfly:
I think Calabar is the latest place that is attracting investment beside Lagos and Ogun state, i wonder why they are ignoring Akwa ibom despite the all the infrastructural developments.
.simply because they are mmonu people.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
No safety precaution. I can see human being carrying cement without helmet and gloves. Its shall be well.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by bory09(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
nerodenero: Do we ever take precautionary measures seriously?I call it Nigeria madness!
Nigerians are man, we are real man so we don't need any precautionary materials. We have strong flesh and strong bone, we are african, black african for that matter so freak out here coward and preach your precautionary sermon elsewhere. We are the real man
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by gbokukueba(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
In Nigerian owned manufacturing plants safety and health of employee is of no significant... what a shame

1 Like

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by hunter21(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
omongbatim:

Tell that to the chinese.

1 Like

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by hunter21(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
Does anybody know the annual production of the company
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by bory09(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
And please is it forbidden for nigeria investor to risk another business venture. Because this follow follow stuff is not okay there are many more opportunities to tap in, rather than this investor clinching their money either in oil and gas or cement which i think dangote and the big goons has take advantage of, So why competing with this people. The agriculture aspect is crying for investor now they are busy copying dangote. If dangote start on agriculture now that is when mouth will start to sing the song of monopoly on dangote
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by seunfly: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
bory09: And please is it forbidden for nigeria investor to risk another business venture. Because this follow follow stuff is not okay there are many more opportunities to tap in, rather than this investor clinching their money either in oil and gas or cement which i think dangote and the big goons has take advantage of, So why competing with this people. The agriculture aspect is crying for investor now they are busy copying dangote. If dangote start on agriculture now that is when mouth will start to sing the song of monopoly on dangote
I tire ooOO!!! All what they know is to follow someone's success and create unhealthy competition rather than think and create their own. Later, haters and jealous people will be spreading lies about.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by cecegorz(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
eastermaris: Pls where do they get thier raw materials?
(Limestone) i wld love to supply them.Any one who can link me pls?
I guess they import bulk and just bag it in that warehouse.
That's what caused the fight btw Dangote and Ibeto during OBJ's govvt.
You need to look for supply contract @Dangote's as he has full raw materials production capacity.
Meanwhile that factory worker is acquiring death by installments, bagging cements bare-handed with plain shirt? And they say it's only the Chinese that enslave their workers?
What exactly do all these HSE officers do? Methinks no factory should open shop without been certified compliant of all these occupational hazards policies.

1 Like

Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by hoochay: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
gej is workings
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by Meringe(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
He can't be bagging cement manually, what are all those machines doing there? They must be in used.
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by hoochay: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
gej is working
Re: Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation by successking: 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
That is a good one. Let there be competition in the cement manufacture, distribution and sale.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / If You Have Money In The Bank Right Now (must Read) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.