Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo (635 Views)

VP Sambo Held Hostage In Kano / VP Sambo, Dancing To Duncan Mighty’s “port Harcourt Son” / Pix Of Abuja-kaduna Train Station Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by wisdommos(m): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
The Federal Government has secured $500 million (about N80.64 billion) loan from China EXIM Bank for the execution of the Abuja-Kaduna fast train project, Vice President Namadi Sambo has said.

Mr. Sambo made this known on Thursday when he laid the track of the project at the Idu area of Abuja.

He said the ceremony signified the official commencement of the track-laying of the Abuja-Kaduna railway modernisation project. He also said the project was part of President Goodluck Jonathan's people-oriented projects aimed at touching the lives of Nigerians.

"As you are fully aware, this Administration accords top priority to the development of infrastructure as a component of the Transformation Agenda as well as the Vision 20:2020," he said.

"In that regard, several projects covering critical sectors in transportation like roads, waterways, aviation, and power supply, housing and the development of critical projects and programmes are being undertaken by this administration and are at various stages of completion.

This is an administration that keeps to its promises," he added.

According to him, the funding of the project is being complemented through proceeds from the Subsidy Reinvestment Empowerment-Programme (SURE-P).

The Vice President expressed regret over the neglect of the rail sector, and said that with the articulation of the 25 years Strategic Rail Vision, the railways would return to its glorious days.

He said government was determined to concession the railway facilities upon completion, adding "opportunities abound for Foreign Direct Investments in this important sector."

The Vice President commended the China Civil Engineering & Construction Company (CCECC) Nigeria Limited, the project handlers, on its efforts at ensuring timely completion of the project.

In his remarks, the Minister of Transport, Idris Umar, said the project was part of the Strategic plan "to rejuvenate, modernise and revitalise the comatose rail transport system."

He said the Kaduna-Abuja Rail project, which has reached 68 per cent completion, was the first segment of the Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge Rail line.

The event was witnessed by public and private sector functionaries.
Re: Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
If all these are true, 2015 election will be well funded . . . cool
Re: Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fhemmmy: If all these are true, 2015 election will be well funded . . . cool
some Nigerians don't have hope again.. Lawd, who Phucked this country people up to this extent embarassed
Re: Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
scipher: some Nigerians don't have hope again.. Lawd, who Phucked this country people up to this extent embarassed

My brother, i will love to see a great Nigeria cos i still so much blv in that nation, but with our track record, we are good at loans but . .. . cry
Re: Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

My brother, i will love to see a great Nigeria cos i still so much blv in that nation, but with our track record, we are good at loans but . .. . cry
hope don finish cry
Re: Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
scipher: hope don finish cry

I am sure that Nigeria will surely get better, but we all have a role to play
Re: Nigeria Secures N80bn Loan For Abuja-kaduna Train Project - VP Sambo by Arosa(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
This is the type of project you take loans for. Rail service can generate good revenue, when properly managed.

(1) (Reply)

Trouble Erupts In Rivers State House Of Assembly As 5 Members Sack Speaker / Nigeria's Elumelu Seeking 2 Oil Blocks For Power Plants / Presidency Lashes Akande, Asks Him To Respect The Truth, His Age And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.