Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Enid Blyton's Novels - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Enid Blyton's Novels (8912 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Those Who Love Novels / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enid Blyton's Novels by Ndipe(m): 3:08am On May 23, 2006
Reminisce about those novels. Remember famous five when it was adapted into a Television show? I loved those novels. And there was one that I loved, "Everyday book of goodnight stories". Miss it very much. What of Noddy in (I think) toon town? Was there a series like that? Enid Blyton was a great writer, full of imaginative ideas.
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by molluma(f): 1:48pm On May 23, 2006
there can only be one enid. if i see her books till today at 26 i will read

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by sexynes(f): 7:08am On May 25, 2006
You don't understand how much I love Enid Blyton. I'm a really huge fan and I want to collect as many of her books as possible so that my kids would have the same experience I had growing up believing in fairies and the like. I really loved the Enchanted Woods and I used to imagine that I was there enjoying with them. LOL

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by GL(f): 3:29am On May 26, 2006
I LOVE Enid Blyton books - Enchanted Wood, Secret Seven, Famous Five, Adventurous Four, Mallory Towers, St. Claire, The Mystery Series. I still read them. They're all very interesting. The first I read (or remember reading) was Naughty Amelia Jane. I was four then, I think she was about the same age. I was always trying to copy all her pranks. I really loved Amelia Jane as a child. I'm also trying to collect as many as possible of them.

2 Likes

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by sirwebs(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2008
I grew up with Blyton. She had the greatest influence om my childhood literary development. If i have to do it again, I will grow up in the 80s/90s again.

God how i miss those days. How can i forget Dame Washalot?
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by saha(f): 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2008
Dame enid blyton was the best,I lived to read her books & credit her with a large percentage of the good readers born in d 70s & 80s.what a writer
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by jkpretty(f): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2008
Oh my, u can't imagine how much i loved Enid Blyton. It was one of my first love. Got to know so much about the fairytale world, i sure wished it was real. I need to get enough of them for my kids. From lady birds stories, to Enid blyton, yes of course the famous 5, gollywog stories, sweet valley twins, sweet vally high, mallory towers, lots & lots then pacesetters--- Until i grew into the world of best sellers. I would still read those books anyday anytime wink
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by tpia: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2008
Enid Blyton is great. I grew up reading her books.

still have a lot of them and intend to keep buying them for my collection.
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Pepeye(f): 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2008
Yeah! Grew up seeing most of her books in my house…had a lot of them…de comics! my sis and bro were comic collectors guess we were all avid readers

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Gamine(f): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2008
I ans my friends acted out most of the books

like famous five and the enchanted woods

there was this tree around our house that was in the ''woods' lol

It was so much fun!!

I received the Gollywogs as a b day present

the rest were bought or borrowed

Gave me a big interest in writing too!
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by mohawkchic(f): 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2008
~Am replyin this thread w/ a big ole smile on my face,more outta Nostalgia,Aaw those days huh guys cry

~Famous Five ~ Secret Seven~Mystery Stories ~ Magic Faraway Tress~are my favourites N i enjoyed reading all grin

~I guess this is a way for me to acknowledge reading these books played a huge part in my reading literacy in junior school~ it motivated my mind N i stayed outta trouble too!!

~Its no wonder am intrigued w/ tv series like CSI,FBI Files,Without a Trace,anything to do with mystery/crime gets me all too keen to try n work out "who dunit"

~Each novel was a page turner,exciting N wen i was given a prize at my local Library of the Famous five game,nooow that was out of this world,i wudnt let anyone play with it,it had the clues,dice,oooh this thread has brough back good memories,thanks
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by 4Him(m): 2:04am On Feb 02, 2008
I dont think Enid Blyton wrote any two books that will rival St. Claires and Mallory Towers!
Best books ever!

Famous five, Secret seven (i wasnt so hooked), the adventurous 4 (pack of books were my 10th birthday present), The enchanted wood, magic faraway tree (had those books since i was 4) . . . i could go on and on!
Thank you enid! You sure made so many kids love reading.
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by stranger26(f): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2008
OMG! I absolutely looooove Enid Blyton's books. I remember how I reread the Mallory Towers so many times till I knew parts of it by heart. Whenever I was bored, doing dishes or something, I'd "re-read" the funny passages in my mind and burst out laughing; hehehe they thought I was weird for laughing without apparent cause. Loved Daryl, Alicia, Gwendoline and the forgetful Irene! And the Faraway Tree! The Wishing Chair! Famous Five! Secret Seven! And More and more!
Man, when we got the Faraway Tree collection for my little brother, I re-read the three books that very night before the poor boy even had a chance to touch them! Aaah,,,,remember SaucePan Man, Dame Washaalot, MoonFace, Silky,,,memories, memories!
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Gamine(f): 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2008
St Clairs and Mallory towers made me long for boarding school

not what i expected tho undecided tongue

I need to get those books for my lil sista

where can i get them oo

i dey naija ooo!!!
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by milca(f): 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2008
enid blyton books are tight you can get them any where like in some big supermarkets like big treat shoprite or to come down alittle you can get at tj mart (tejuosho market) precisely abiodun bookshop abeg when you buy send the price cause io want to get some too
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Gamine(f): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2008
ok oh

but i no dey lagos now

Thanks for the info smiley
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by zukkie4eva(f): 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2008
St. Claires & Mallory Towers was it for me too. I relished those novels. Yeah. . . they made me long to go to boarding school abroad (which was merely a wish) I loved d characters too, their pranks, their food (scones, brownie,lemonade,e.t.c.) my mouth used to water big time. They were great books.

Enid Blyton is da bomb. She's written the most educational & formative books for children so far.

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Gamine(f): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2008
Yeah!
the food!

how cld i forget that one now grin

yum yum!
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Arielle: 12:33am On May 29, 2008
I grew up with Enid Blyton. I still have my old school stories, St Claires and Mallory Towers with the annoying Gwendoline! I'm saving them for my daughter! I'm going to buy all the ones I lost and start a library for my children.
The Enchanted Wood and The Magic Faraway Tree are my favorites. Who remembers Dame Slap, Moon Face, Silky and Mr Whatsisname? Who was the character who used to snore so loudly that the kids all longed to pop a nut into his open mouth!
Gosh, memories!!
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Nobody: 3:34am On May 29, 2008
I only had the privilege of reading Famous five, The wishing chair, Secret Seven and Gollywogs. The gollywogs were hilarious grin.I never had my own book. . . I borrowed all of them, embarassed cheesy
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by 4Him1(m): 3:41am On May 29, 2008
Arielle:

I grew up with Enid Blyton. I still have my old school stories, St Claires and Mallory Towers with the annoying Gwendoline! I'm saving them for my daughter! I'm going to buy all the ones I lost and start a library for my children.
The Enchanted Wood and The Magic Faraway Tree are my favorites. Who remembers Dame Slap, Moon Face, Silky and Mr Whatsisname? Who was the character who used to snore so loudly that the kids all longed to pop a nut into his open mouth!
Gosh, memories!!

Oh Lord, so many memories just keep flooding back. grin
Good idea, i shld get a complete library of her books for my kids too. Enid's books shaped my english language as early as 3 yrs of age.
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by scorpio1(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2008
Ooooowwww, U remind me of those days, i was addicted to Enid Blyton,
I had the whole collections of famous five then and their was this thick,big Enid collection i had, contained lots of stories, how i cherished them.
But,what has happened to the guy,children of these days no longer read his books or have they stopped publishing,
How i wish i was wise enough to collect them, Long live the Famous Five"
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by hola2ng(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2008
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by SMC(f): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
scorpio1:

Ooooowwww, You remind me of those days, i was addicted to Enid Blyton,
I had the whole collections of famous five then and their was this thick,big Enid collection i had, contained lots of stories, how i cherished them.
But,what has happened to the guy,children of these days no longer read his books or have they stopped publishing,

First of all Enid Blyton is a woman not a man and secondly, she died forty years ago (probably before you ever read her books - certainly before I was born).
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Ibime(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2008
He - Enid Blyton. My momsie kept a complete library of her books till today and I can read any of them when I get home. Some of those books are as old as me.

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
scorpio1:

Ooooowwww, You remind me of those days, i was addicted to Enid Blyton,

. . .used to think she was a man myself grin grin grin grin
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by Ojukwursg(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2008
Enid Blyton was great writer. I enjoy the Famous Five series.
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by blissfullynaughty: 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2008
Ibime:

He - Enid Blyton. My momsie kept a complete library of her books till today and I can read any of them when I get home. Some of those books are as old as me.

@Ibime, SHE. . . SHE (not he), did you not see that someone clearly stated that Enid Blyton is (was) a woman? Or do you want to restructure her gender for her?
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by maedan(f): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2008
Enid Blyton? Are you kidding? I was weaned on the stuff!

Was never into the Famous Five and all those stuff, but the fairy tales, aaaahhh.

I remember those tiny square books her stories came in. Had them lined on my bedside table like trophies. She's one of the reasons I'm writing today, God bless her.
Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by mi3(f): 5:07am On Oct 12, 2008
whoa! look at me getting all teary eyed because of this thread! love would be an understatement if i said i love Enid Blyton's books. I lived in those books mehn, used to go to sleep replaying the plots in my head, used to read like one of the "collection of stories" books every day. Used to JUMP up and down whenever i got a new E.B book, Vowed to read them even when i was 30, mallory Towers- i was in love with! The enchanted chair, the magic faraway tree, the famous 5 ( the tv adaptation wasn't half bad either!), the secret 7,

It should be made mandatory that children read Enid Blytons books in their childhood, because they are special, no lie! my children are SO going to have an Enid Blyton Library!

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by GTay(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2009
Enid Blyton  grin ,  wow i just searched for Enid Blyton Books online and this nairaland page popped up at No. 3 on Google

I had no idea she'd died at 71 over 40 years ago  shocked (11 August 1897 – 28 November 1968).
Her books have sold over 600 Million copies  shocked

She captivated my imaginations with her tales of adventure and fantasies There were Goblins, Elves, Gnomes, Fairies, Dwarfs, Brownies etc etc, It was so real - It felt as though i was inside the book at times.

Gamine:

Yeah!
the food!
how cld i forget that one now grin
yum yum!

Lol cant forget how she wet my appetite (I still salivate whenever i remember the way she describes the food those kids were eating  cheesy)

I owe a lot of my English Vocabulary today to this great Author.

The Adventurous Four (read a few)
The Famous Five (Yes i read the complete 21 editions)
The Five Find-Outers and so many more fairy-tale books
etc etc

I really need to become a collector, so my kidz would have the same awesome experience i had!
I owe a tribute to this great Author. May her gentle soul Rest.In.Peace.

1 Like

Re: Enid Blyton's Novels by dominique(f): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2009
GTay:

Enid Blyton  grin ,  wow i just searched for Enid Blyton Books online and[b] this nairaland page popped up at No. 3 on Google
[/b]
I had no idea she'd died at 71 over 40 years ago  shocked (11 August 1897 – 28 November 1968).

Lol cant forget how she wet my appetite (I still salivate whenever i remember the way she describes the food those kids were eating  cheesy)

I owe a lot of my English Vocabulary today to this great Author.

The Adventurous Four (read a few)
The Famous Five (Yes i read the complete 21 editions)
The Five Find-Outers and so many more fairy-tale books
etc etc

I really need to become a collector, so my kidz would have the same awesome experience i had!
I owe a tribute to this great Author. May her gentle soul Rest.In.Peace.

nl get mouth, shey you no know cheesy

@topic
there will never be another children author as great as she was and still is. some of my earliest books (apart from Ali's bicycle and Tinu's doll) were Enid blyton. i remember daydreaming and wishing i was part of the secret seven and famous five. not to forget merry mr. meddle, 3 goblins, 3 golliwogs, naughty Amelia jane just to mention a (very) few!!!. mennn, she really tried o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favorite Poet? / Scattered Petals. ( Romance Collabo Thread)- Be A Part. / Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.