Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption (11810 Views)

WAEC Offers Nigeria's Finance Minister Free Form To Re-write Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by fredharry(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Paying Nigeria 70bn to fight corruption is like telling them welldone for being corrupt. I'm very sure there was a sharing formul before the money arrives. To EU don't give us money instead seize our corrupt leaders asset in ur region and bring them to book. Disgrace them like the way uk disgraced the forme bayelsa governor .
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by shevon: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
This is just like saying your are offering more petrol to a arsonist to quench a raging fire.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by mamagee3(f): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
As usual, this money will go straight to Goodluck Jonathan and the other leader's bank accounts while the masses continue to face poverty...

While Goodluck Jonathan and others are buying multi-room mansions, the price of food and other necessities continue to skyrocket.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by onitj: 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
pumping money to Nigeria when nothing is going out, they knows what they are doing. *international macro economics
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by seyilabi(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
They will corruptically embezle the money.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by ibkgab001: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Money shared already grin
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
bizzlemie: Just how do you fight corruption with money? undecided

The appropriate title should be " EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Boost Corruption"
shikenan
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by giles14(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

The EU is wasting their time. That money will just go into the pockets of our already corrupt and greedy leaders. Shikena!
and who told u dat d EU don knw dat
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Orikinla(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Na EU super consultants and hotels go finish the money while holding conferences on corruption in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Olaone1: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
Orikinla: Na EU super consultants and hotels go finish the money while holding conferences on corruption in Nigeria.
grin

That's the Western way of giving kickbacks. "We would say the money is meant for you anti-corruption drive."

Thank God for exposure sha, dem no fit fool me.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Olaone1: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
EU to give Naija free money? Joke of the century.

They are busy scavenging the whole world looking for money to pay their numerous spongers/scroungers. Na dem go come give you money? When na dem get the so-called PIGS(Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain) wey debt dey disturb wel wel.

Think, my people, think
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by AdeMarley: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
Do this WHITE OPPRESSORS know what they are talking about...?They are the REAL DEMONS behind the CURTAIN ,why pretend ?
I think Nigerians and black people should start seeing these people as ENEMIES instead of friends... it is better to eat with the devil using a very LONG spoon.

Greetings brothers and sisters. [b][/b]
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by cap28: 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
EU offers nigeria N450 million naira to fight corruption - isnt that like a rap.ist offering to counsel a ra.pe victim?

Who enslaved millions of africans and transported them to north and south america and the carribean islands so that they could work them to death in order to enrich their own nations - err europeans

who came back to africa to divide it up amongst themselves and steal all of the wealth for themselves - er the europeans

who refused to leave south africa, zimbabwe and other mineral rich african nations but fought bitterly to the end in order to remain in control of the vast wealth of those countries - er the europeans

who imposed puppet rulers all over africa including nigeria and armed the puppet regimes we have continued to endure in nigeria since 1960 err the europeans

who imposed IBB, OBJ, OKONJO IWEALA AND OTHER TRAITORS ON THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA WHICH HAS LED TO THE TERRIBLE POVERTY THAT 90% OF NIGERIANS ARE LIVING UNDER TO DATE - ER THE EUROPEANS

SO HOW CAN THESE SAME EUROPEANS NOW COME TO DELIVER US OUT OF THE HANDS OF CORRUPTION WHEN THEY ARE THE VERY SAME PEOPLE WHO ARE THE VERY FOUNDATION OF ALL OF THE PROBLEMS THAT NIGERIA AND THE WHOLE OF AFRICA IS SUFFERING FROM TO DATE?

1 Like

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by igbo2011(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
Give with one hand and bomb with the other

1 Like

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Rick9(m): 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mimicking the convo between Hades and Minion.

Minion: Your sickness guess what ?
Hades: what again this time ?
Minion: EU just offered Nigeria $450Million Dollars to fight corruption.
Hades: Ahahahahahahaahah Joke of the century ; imagine telling a lion to keep your goat safe.
Minion: Ahahahahahah your magesty
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by camelus: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
IAMBREEZY: just 70 billion in naira...
Another two Nigerian will be as rich as Maina !
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Boss13: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mr. European Union, in this country you don't distribute money to fight corruption. Your money will enter voice mail.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by kalohkaloh: 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
Chop don come! Oyinbo don bring 2015 election money. I bet u, d money all be misappropriated and if the culprits are charged to court, some SANs will fight to represent the accused in court and d matter will die a natural death after several adjournments by corrupt naija courts. Case closed.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by feminancy(m): 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
BINGO BINGO, waving tail jumping around .
ok, bingo im giving you this last big bone today and that will be your final bone in this house ok, do i make myself clear<<>> yes sir...
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by guttentag(m): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hahahaaaaa !!! dem Don set WAR..

iamswizz: paying a corrupt person to fight corruption.......

Thats like paying shekau to fight boko haram.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by guttentag(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Abeg no too talk ooO...LOL

kalohkaloh: Chop don come! Oyinbo don bring 2015 election money. I bet u, d money all be misappropriated and if the culprits are charged to court, some SANs will fight to represent the accused in court and d matter will die a natural death after several adjournments by corrupt naija courts. Case closed.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
Please they should give me that Money. Lemme help dem fight against corruption.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by miky(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
babseg: I think they want us to be more corrupt.

Any person that thinks this money offered is to help stop corruption is as naive as they get!! They want us to be more corrupt, it could even be payment for some contracts...why the F"""" would they care if nigeria is corrupt or not, only our oil matters...
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by frankur(m): 12:02am On Jul 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]it's just like u take cat say make him take rat keep am safe for you.

Instead of that, they would have given that money and said it just a Christmas package than saying it's funds for fighting corruption.
No be naija be this?
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Jeboy(m): 12:36am On Jul 07, 2013
I can see why there is so much poverty in Nigeria and Africa. Even the EU believe in the system than we Nigerians because they are seeing what we are not.

You need strong institutions to fight corruption and not the President or govt officials. In Westerm world, their institutions are so equipped that it makes it impossible for you to go against the law and go scott free.That is what EU is looking at.Empowering EFCC with sophisticated tools that when a corrupt politicians is brought to court with enough and convincing evidence from a strong institution having the right manpower and capacity, it will be easier for the judge to dispense judgement against corrupt offenders. Have you wondered why efcc is not able to win 60% of cases prosecuted against corrupt politicians. Its not because they are bribed but they lack capacity to make them capable of doing so.These are the areas EU want to capitalise on having seen that elections are becoming free and fairer than before, the govt of d day interferes less with public office etc so they are convince if they consolidate on support to these institutions corruyption will be reduced. Hilary clinton once said on her visit to Nieria that what we nedd is not a strong leader like Buhari but a strong institution. It bleeds my heart when I read the comments of Youth who are meant to be future leaders but thiniking shallow.

I hope must of us complaining here abt corruption can even keep their integrity when they see just 500k. SMH
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by ShineuEye: 1:36am On Jul 07, 2013
I would have been impressed if the headline was "EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Tinubu Corruption "
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by PhysicsQED(m): 1:45am On Jul 07, 2013
This doesn't strike me as a smart way to approach this problem.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by tomzman: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2013
These people are only wasting their money. Nonsense.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by easik: 7:54am On Jul 07, 2013
Wait lets think about this guys. If the EU gives the Nigerian government N70 billion to stop the same corruption they control, think of it is as Bribery or blackmail. You know Nigerians love to collect bribe to stir things in your favor. This might just work haha.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by DaLover(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2013
Most of the write ups above me seam but ignoramus talk from a set of daft people...

Noody even ask ow the money is going to be disbursed, or managed...
Will it go straight to the FG accounts, or will the EU appointment a consultant to manage the funds in payments for EFCC lawyers, investigations, crime labs and other hard wares that make evidence gathering for cases in court easier...

When we make contributions on these forums, always know that it is an opportunity to impact knowledge!
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2013
[size=22pt]Hypocrisy of of the EU and the west!

claiming to be helping Nigeria fight corruption whilst giving aid to the same corrupt looting govt, propping it up and sending elections observers who assist in maintaining the corrupt govt in power by claiming rigged elections are free and fair.

Claiming to be against looting whilst turning a blind eye to the hundreds of billions of dollars that corrupt Nigerians have paid into EU and western banks.

This so called aid, is really bribe for corrupt Nigerian leaders to keep choosing to send their loot to EU banks[/size]

1 Like

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by austinabel(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2013
Just like giving an armed robber a licence to rob in daylight... Nonsecable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Potentials Of Yorubaland / Ijaw Youths Shut Content Board For Not Relocating Iocs Offices / Osinbajo Meets With Emir Sanusi, Others, Over Farmers-Herders Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.